We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Unladen Feast Table Idea

With the current set up of housing decoration where food items (e.g. Bowl of Raspberries from the Beornings, or Bowl of Porridge with Berries from the Quartermaster in Limlok) take small furniture item slots in a house, it creates a very messy and unrealistic decoration scheme. Could Woodworkers get recipes for an unladen feast table that would go in a special furniture slot (different tiers could have different looks according to the region tied to that tier--for example: Eastemnet Unladen Feast Table could have a Rohirric carved design look to it, and Anorien could have a Gondorian look, etc.). The unladen feast table would have spaces to place food items on it (bowls, plates, mugs or goblets, etc.). Then people could build feasts as they wanted and use the Small Furniture slots for a better use: chairs or stools, or other necessary sitting locations at the table.

This is an idea we've tried to pitch, not just for tables, but other items that should hold slots for smaller ones - think cupboards, libraries, shelves, whatnot.

I sincerely hope one day we reach this level of development in housing.
    Home base: Gladden - Fluff server: Anor

Chronicler of the unofficial LotRO Webcomic

Slot-able Housing Decorations is an item we have a request in for. It's something we are interested in as well! It's just a matter of time and priorities - so sadly I do not have an ETA as to when something like this would be available.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherlindrea View Post
    With the current set up of housing decoration where food items (e.g. Bowl of Raspberries from the Beornings, or Bowl of Porridge with Berries from the Quartermaster in Limlok) take small furniture item slots in a house, it creates a very messy and unrealistic decoration scheme. Could Woodworkers get recipes for an unladen feast table that would go in a special furniture slot (different tiers could have different looks according to the region tied to that tier--for example: Eastemnet Unladen Feast Table could have a Rohirric carved design look to it, and Anorien could have a Gondorian look, etc.). The unladen feast table would have spaces to place food items on it (bowls, plates, mugs or goblets, etc.). Then people could build feasts as they wanted and use the Small Furniture slots for a better use: chairs or stools, or other necessary sitting locations at the table.
    I'd love it, as I try to cram items onto full tables, but it would take a significant number of additional slots so we wouldn't have just one table with items as the decoration.

The libraries thing would be an awesome way to handle things like the page collection quest rewards.

There's a lot of neat things that are of that type, but aren't worth the slot on their own

Quote Originally Posted by Scenario View Post
    Slot-able Housing Decorations is an item we have a request in for. It's something we are interested in as well! It's just a matter of time and priorities - so sadly I do not have an ETA as to when something like this would be available.
    It's ok, at least it's nice to know it's a shared interest then!
    Home base: Gladden - Fluff server: Anor

Chronicler of the unofficial LotRO Webcomic

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Scenario View Post
    That sound like a fun new feature! & i am looking forward to try it. I hope that this don't make old favorite items obsolete but that you find a way to make them usable on that new feature. Also, when you get a chance, please add more optional house decoration slots that can be unlocked with LP. Please & thanks!