We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Tea to flavor my water.
    Landroval Yewlin level 130 hunter, Gwenyan 111, Yewdalin 103. And Many Others
    Thoughts of Blessings for Each of you. Ask God to help you.
    Signup Date 3/31/2009

Po-ta-toes.

Yeah!!!...It's May Day.

Also this week May the 4th be with you!!!

& Cinco Day Mayo!!!

Plenty to Celebrate with the Anniversary Festival!!!

What crop would you farm if you lived in Middle-earth and had to be a farmer?

Crops grow on fields?!?! ...I think, I'd be a terrible farmer. :P

Well, pipeweed, obviously. But a good farmer needs to feed a family as well, so I'd farm a lot of things. Unless I smoke too much of my pipeweed...

Well, if I'm allowed to dream outside the box...

I'll need a nice pond to place in my Kinhouse lawn. Then fingerlings to stock it.... I'd grow fish.

[[ Fishing from the stocked pond results in only fish used for Cooking. ]]

Brandy: Cupcakes of Doom.
    Landro: Trueheart Companions.

Well if the department of Pipeweed, Food and Rural affairs (DoPFRA) has anything to do with it, I would certainly think twice about being a farmer as support for most crafts has been deserted or only made relevant to those who can source the key ingredients and I am just a poor hobbit who doesn't know of such things.

My old gaffer still tells me about our ancestor Tobold Hornblower and he still has some secret store of the old leaf although he still strives to achieve a good hybrid up here in the very different earth of the west farthing.

Now his stories tell of how Tobold got his famed leaf from going on an adventure but as rumour and story has it... that was from travelling beyond Bree town onto some slope of Breeland but what self respected Hobbit would do that?

Not me, no sir.... huh huh!!

So with all these new recipes that the Department (DoPFRA) is pushing on the young'uns nowadays which mean heading on even further afield adventures... well I may as well pack away my hoe and rake and keep smoking the gaffers stash of old Toby until one of these young adventurers comes back with maybe, just maybe, a young seedling from which our search of old could at long last, lie to rest.
    WHY DO PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE LEAST, KNOW IT THE LOUDEST?

For the 3 main food groups, ale, bread and stew, I would grow...

Barley! You can drink it, bake it or put it in a stew!
    Clementine Broadbottom "Landroval Pie Peddler"
    Never met a pie she couldn't make, eat, or sell.
    Pie Maven, Pie Runner, Pie-eating Champion
    Close friend of Inezriel Meord, Bearer of Hope

better to grow bit of this and that , but mainly sweet fruit trees - plums , apples , pears ... Then open my own destilery , then profit ..

Thank you for reading the LOTRO Beacon! Don't forget to reply below to the Weekly Comment for your chance to win 500 LOTRO Points. We'll select a random winner after Noon Eastern on Friday, May 7th. Good luck!
    [/QUOTE]

Golden Shire Taters. The best taters around! With a little side of sunflowers, because you have to be a psychopath not to like sunflowers?

Apples & Berries and Grains, for the best Pie-makers in the Shire.
    "One thing drives out another." [Barliman Butterbur]

The finest pipe-weed in all the Shire!
    The Golden Dragon Inn is recruiting on Landroval! PM or Send in game mail to Dwarsin for more info!

Apples, in case second breakfast wasn't available
    “I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

Winsum - Lvl 130 Runekeeper, Sazzy lvl 130 Minstrel, Killamanjaro lvl 130 Loremaster

Psychedelic mushrooms, for sure
    Hey dol! merry dol! ring a dong dillo!
    Ring a dong! hop along! fal lal the willow!
    Tom Bom, jolly Tom, Tom Bombadillo!

Pipeweed. Everyone loves pipeweed.

If I were a farmer . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

Thank you for reading the LOTRO Beacon! Don't forget to reply below to the Weekly Comment for your chance to win 500 LOTRO Points. We'll select a random winner after Noon Eastern on Friday, May 7th. Good luck!
    . . . I'd grow Goldberry's Blueberries, of course.

I'd grow taters bigger than the Gaffer's or Ted Sandyman's.

Hope this was posted in the right place!

Rye berries - berries make flour, after all... and flour keeps for a long while... or something like that
    Plus, they are healthy.

Shire Apple for

Bilberry Pie, Apple and Cheese Pie and for Apple Pie Filling.

And if i have done my work i could sit in the shadows of the tree at hot summerdays, when the sun burns.

I would have a FISH Farm, precious! ...Grow 'em, Catch 'em, Fry 'em in a pan. .....OR I might have to compete with Farmer Maggot and try my hand at Mushrooms.

Sew What ?

I would grow the makings for Bubble and Squeak. Mostly because I like saying it

Creep cluster, mora tapinella and scaly pholiota for my alchemist... o, sorry, thats from another world.

Definitely herbs for tea. We need more! Peppermint or chamomile or berry tisanes, or how about soothing bilberry tea from the intro? I would love a tea and butterfly garden. Come to think of it, one of those could really liven up one of those unloved grassy patches in Bree. Yes, tea is the answer, obviously.
    Native Crickhollower, also on Landroval and Ithil
    Alts: Weirwillow, Zlytherin, Dwymir, Adanaduial, Tippto, Parmandir, Rosamira, Angaladh

Wheat. How could we bake all of those breads without it ? ;-)

My personal blend of pipeweed!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast