We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Crafting overhaul anytime soon?

Sorry, I have been away about a year and just started playing again. Seems like nothing has really changed with higher tier crafting while I was away which is kind of sad. Are there any plans to address any of this is and if SSG is going to update these tiers? As it stands right now, they are just bad. Really bad. Crafting used to be pretty good and was a great way to gear up especially for solo and casual players, but end game crafting is almost pointless.

I agree crafting needs more love. I remember when East Rohan was the end game. My scholar had orders for Fire Oils. I made some nice money than. This is to me part of what crafting should be a way for non raiders to make not just some good things like gear for themselves however some money.

Quote Originally Posted by farmhand99 View Post
    I agree crafting needs more love. I remember when East Rohan was the end game. My scholar had orders for Fire Oils. I made some nice money than. This is to me part of what crafting should be a way for non raiders to make not just some good things like gear for themselves however some money.
    Agreed. Was really disappointed to see that there were no improvements during the time I was away. I thought for sure they would have at least updated the auto generated recipes. Trying to gear from lvl 120 to 130 has been a real pain due to all the reputation grind. After grinding all my crafters up to minas ithil only to find out it's all rep barter and raid materials kind of makes it pointless for casual players. The mats are very expensive and that is if you can even find any on the auction house.

Quote Originally Posted by Artheyliaslight View Post
    Agreed. Was really disappointed to see that there were no improvements during the time I was away. I thought for sure they would have at least updated the auto generated recipes. Trying to gear from lvl 120 to 130 has been a real pain due to all the reputation grind. After grinding all my crafters up to minas ithil only to find out it's all rep barter and raid materials kind of makes it pointless for casual players. The mats are very expensive and that is if you can even find any on the auction house.
    Minas Morgul went through several phases when it was released. They didn't want people to just power-level up to 130 and get gear without buying the expansion and doing the content. So the recipes were locked behind the Reclamation reputation, which required tokens from the instances. I remember because I didn't initially buy the expansion; I had to squander the treasure chests in Gondor for level-appropriate gear. The Epic provided me with a full gear set (no jewelry), but I did take advantage of the crafted Elite Minas Ithil weapons. Then after about four months, they introduced the raid and with it the ability to gain tokens more easily from the instances. Now they drop like candy from every chest in any mode on any level. This was way easier than trying to gather tokens in Ered Mithrin.

What about the guilds? Well, I sort of agree that there should have been more recipes made available for every profession. But they forgot to tell people that you had access to two guilds with the expansion now (something that was added to the patch notes after-the-fact). Unlike Vales of Anduin, housing decorations could only be made through the guild system. Shards were extremely rare until they added the weekly quests, something that required the Minas Morgul meta deed completed. These guilds were more desirable once they added the crafted relics with the release of Three Peaks and easier to level now that the weekly missions reward 10,000 reputation point tokens.

Now they added the new crafted gold pieces for metalsmith and tailorer. Expensive, yes, but rightly so. They didn't want people to be able to craft a full set, so they left the door open for people to get other pieces from the Remmorchant barterer for 7000 ember without ever completing the raid and the added option to upgrade it with Tokens of Resolution from the new Wildwood instances.

Yeah, I kind of miss the days where you could just reach a level and craft a full set of gear. But they had to do something to get people to buy new content. As for making money, I can easily do the weeklies for Ithilharn shards in a couple of hours and sell them for around 200g each. Crafting boxes too.