We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hunter purge poison skill

Hunter purge poison skill is awfull.
    Most new instances/raids require to remove poison, fear etc.

Please change hunter skill for that.
    It can't be used when moving and often it doesn't even remove anything.

Also the hunter is rooted while using the skill, and it takes ages.

and here we have a classic case of people not reading their tooltips

Quote Originally Posted by BinaryTertiary View Post
    and here we have a classic case of people not reading their tooltips
    If you are that wise, please explain how to remove poison on the run with this skill

Quote Originally Posted by Jegil View Post
    If you are that wise, please explain how to remove poison on the run with this skill
    ...yeah, not that part, this

Please change hunter skill for that.
    It can't be used when moving and often it doesn't even remove anything.

Also the hunter is rooted while using the skill, and it takes ages.
    I do think the animation is way too long, most classes have instant clear but hunters are stuck in position and have to wait for an insanely long animation to clear.

Purge poison clears everything though, not just poison, it also gives a fat poison resistance buff.
    Erendil 50 Hunter Rank 7, Mavellen 45 Warden; Officers of Disciples
    Ragaroth Warleader Rank 7, Marhawk Stalker Rank 5; Members of Cuddle Squad
    Other Characters: Arthilius - Captain, Arthilias - Guardian,
    Claireth - Runekeeper, Harbuckle - Burglar, Lothlirien - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by BinaryTertiary View Post
    ...yeah, not that part, this
    I still don't get what you mean, sorry.

Anyway, I know what the tooltip says and it doesn't change the fact that hunter can't move while removing disease, poison, fear, wound (if you want me to mention all of them).
    As a note, in champer for examble, you have to be very fast

And like another one here said, animation is way too long and get rooted to the ground.

Sometimes my skill fail to remove, what I experienced at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post
    I do think the animation is way too long, most classes have instant clear but hunters are stuck in position and have to wait for an insanely long animation to clear.

Purge poison clears everything though, not just poison, it also gives a fat poison resistance buff.
    Blindside
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

I still don't get what you mean, sorry.

Anyway, I know what the tooltip says and it doesn't change the fact that hunter can't move while removing disease, poison, fear, wound (if you want me to mention all of them).
    As a note, in champer for examble, you have to be very fast

And like another one here said, animation is way too long and get rooted to the ground.

Sometimes my skill fail to remove, what I experienced at least.
    Blindside cancels any animation that the hunter is stuck in. It is an immediate skill and stops what ever else your character is stuck doing to use it.

That's what Arnenna is talking about.. It's not really an issue since you can cancel the animation of it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000005be19/01007/signature.png]Rainingblood[/charsig]

Blindside has too many other useful ways to be applied inside hunter rotation, except for that stupid purge skill. I can bet any raiding hunter just uses potions instead of the skill constantly.
    Neere - Hunter - Laurelin [EN-RP] - Carne Hosse

Quote Originally Posted by Neere_CH View Post
    Blindside has too many other useful ways to be applied inside hunter rotation, except for that stupid purge skill. I can bet any raiding hunter just uses potions instead of the skill constantly.
    True, but it's there as an option in a sticky situation or when pots are on cooldown. Of course it would be good if they changed the purged poison skill for hunters to make it less clunky and especially the ability to use it on the move, but for now, blindside is the only way to avoid that root if we do use the skill.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Maybe the short cooldown makes up for it.

Maybe you had forwarded target skill on, and when your target is a monster, the purge poison skill will effect the member of your raid that has aggro, usually the tank. THat's why it does not do anything for you.

I'd agree that with several skills applying secondary attributes; hots, corruption removal, interrupts you would be denying a primary use if saving for the secondary. I like the complexity for a class so many have assumed or played to have none. I can't equate changing the blue hunter's heal to be on the move and not the purge though. But the purge was for time when they provided the groups primary poison removal, as all classes have that covered in some fashion, maybe just get chummy with your mini if they are on the ball.