We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Premium housing visit

We have a kinship in Gwaihir, but we don't have a kinship house. We bought a stately house on a VIP account in Belfalas Homesteads. The VIP account has the star checked on her housing button (character sheet) as a primary residence. But the visit button is greyed out for other kinship members. Is it because we don't have a kinship house?

Quote Originally Posted by Agago View Post
    We have a kinship in Gwaihir, but we don't have a kinship house. We bought a stately house on a VIP account in Belfalas Homesteads. The VIP account has the star checked on her housing button (character sheet) as a primary residence. But the visit button is greyed out for other kinship members. Is it because we don't have a kinship house?
    No you shouldn't need a Kinship house, my guess the button being greyed out is are you clicking on the characters name in kinship panel who owns the house? they need to be selected for the button to be active to visit, also it has to be the character who set it as primary residence.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    No you shouldn't need a Kinship house, my guess the button being greyed out is are you clicking on the characters name in kinship panel who owns the house? they need to be selected for the button to be active to visit, also it has to be the character who set it as primary residence.
    Just what he sayed. I had that problem before. I solved it by enabling that star on all my alts, so the kinmates can visit my house, from any of my alts.

Still having problems

We still can't get it to work. We do have a kinship in Gwaihir. We don't have a kinship house. But our kinship leader bought a luxurious house in Belfalas homesteads. She made it her primary residence by clicking the star from the housing tab on her
    character sheet. So any of our kin members can log in and go to the social panel, kinship tab, click on the kinship leader who owns the house, and the visit tab is greyed out so you can't click on it. But if you rest your mouse on the visit tab it says 'The member travel skill can only be used when your kinship owns a house.' That's why I figured you can't just have a primary residence you also have to have a kinship house. It works for us in Crickhollow, but we own a kinship house, and a primary residence in Belfalas. So I am wondering if this is a bug of some sort, or if that is the way they intended for it to work. I like having these new houses that don't have upkeep on VIP accounts. It's so much easier and it's something you don't have to look after consistently. Since we are a new kin in Gwaihir, and are still lower level, having this type of house was better for us than having a kinship house (the kin houses in Belfalas are HUGE).

I even tried this, I transferred leadership to another member. Kinship leader always purchases kin house. So if I was just an officer and had a primary residence, would it work then. (We still didn't have a kinship house). It still wouldn't work. It would be nice to be able to have a primary residence without a kinship house, I guess is the point I'm trying to make. LOL.