We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Account and store revamp

In general I love the game. The content is fantastic, the variety of things to do will keep people involved and the flexibility with how to complete that content is a breath of fresh air compared to many other MMOs.
    However the game account and store is in SERIOUS need of attention and has been for a very long time.
    The issues my wife and I had just trying to get VIP status paid for and activated was just...bad. Paying for the expansion trove for both of us was even worse.
    Considering this is the bread and butter of your product, it should be at the top of the list of things that should be running smoothly.
    I'd hate to think of the amount of earnings SSG is losing because of people experiencing the same issues as we did, and If you are planning to cash in on the new LOTR series coming to Amazon, then you really need to focus your attention on employing somebody to completely overhaul the outdated system you have.

Unfortunately the Account page is just as bad.
    The information on what content your account has is basically non existant and there is absolutley no account security.

Id love to see this 2 things overhauled to a state, where things run smoothly and securely. Ease of access to information and payments will always be a big selling point for newcomers and a welcome change to those whom have played for a long time.

Right now there is a major security flaw for those who play on Steam and have to access the Store via Browser. Your account token that is created to authenticate your account into the Lotro Store is visible during the page load, and cached in your browser cache, meaning that anyone or program that can access these, can have access to your lotro store and make purchases.

Seriously?
    That's shocking.
    I can understand, that the developement team whom work with the game probably aren't the ones responsible for creating the transactions infrastructure for Lotro, therefore aren't to blame, but surely somebody, within SSG or the production company has looked at the continual problems and complaints and thought "ok this is a poor service. We need to sort this out"
    You can throw as much content as you like at the players, but if they can't access it or have too many concerns to use the store, then what's the point. You're just hemorrhaging money.

I recently changed my email and there was no confirmation mail going to the old email whatsoever. As is, if any adversary gets access to an account, they could easily transfer the account to another email address and the rightful user wouldn't know and probably wouldn't even be able to send a "forgot password" request since the associated old mail isn't in the system anymore. But yeah, there are many other issues, and tbh SSG should take it more seriously from a legal standpoint.

I simply am not going to renew my subscription until it is sorted - it is so old and antiquated and insecure