We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Pointers on gearing up

I power leveled through warg pens instead of questing which has left me in a bit of a pickle. I'm under geared for the level 130 questing areas. I was told to try elderslade or the wells of langflood. I tried both areas and came up against a wall with some of the questing. Any thoughts on the best way to gear up from here, or should I go back and do level 125ish quests? I have a guardian setup for red line, btw.

There's always embers gear if you want to spend money. If you want to earn it in-game and Langflood is too rough, I would go back to Minas Morgul and work up from there. The pre-war-Mordor quests from level 121-122 will give you a set of armor. Above that it's mostly jewelry rewards as I recall. Of course you may need to beef up your LIs with scrolls and crystals too.

Explore Shaka, then join the T1 daily Farmruns.

You can find there Armor pieces (except Helm and Cloak) and some Jewels.
    1-2 weeks and you have a Damage and maybe a Tanking starting set.

Ask you Fellowship if you can exchange some items you need - most only need the ashe out of it.
    While you quest you will find green essences, that are not the best, but there is not a huhe gab between them.
    Slot them, you can later overwrite the green with blue, if you will keep the items.
    Vita, Crit and Mastery are the 3 you need.
    Maybe some Finesse at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by mootay View Post
    I power leveled through warg pens instead of questing which has left me in a bit of a pickle. I'm under geared for the level 130 questing areas. I was told to try elderslade or the wells of langflood. I tried both areas and came up against a wall with some of the questing. Any thoughts on the best way to gear up from here, or should I go back and do level 125ish quests? I have a guardian setup for red line, btw.
    Other options:

a) Go back and run the Black Book storyline, starting from "Shades in the Swamp" from Gandalf at the Beorninghus in the Vales of Anduin and then moving through Mordor Beseiged and eventually to the Morgul Vale. The quest gear you get will give you a boost and make you feel more able to tackle the higher level content. If you want to unlock the endgame Minas Morgul dailies/weeklies, you will have to go back and run all the quest deeds at some point anyway, plus the Black Book gives you some trait points you will have missed out on if you powerlevelled.
    b) Get a friend to help you run through the quests in the Wells of Langflood. With two players this will be easy. At friend rep you can barter purple level 130 armour sets in Limlock, and at ally rep you can get the jewellery. I think Grimbeorn, again at the Beorninghus, has the first quest in the chain here.

With either of these options you'll also pick up a few flickering moonlit essences too, which can be slotted into the gear you collect until such time as you are able to upgrade them. Keep and use the physical mastery, vitality and critical rating ones you find. If you have some gold, you might also find some essences on the auction house. A blue 130 crafted guardian shield is highly desirable too, you might want to advertise in /trade for someone to craft you one, if you can't do it yourself.

Also, remember to get your LIs levelled up. Ignore the shield use rating on the guardian belt as it is bugged and does nothing, but max the DPS on your weapon with Anfalas star-lit crystals as a priority.

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

Another option I forgot is to find a couple people to join you for a Harrowing/Roost run. T1 is faceroll and even T2 should be no big deal, even if you can't contribute much yet. A few runs will get you some reasonable gear. Ideally you would run with 2 others that are heavy armor types and they could feed you all the gear they get too, since it's worthless to them other than getting a few embers out of them.

Two suggestions in addition to those already given. For anyone with gear issues that has the Three Peaks mini-expansion.

1. War of Three Peaks missions in the War Room. They can easily be done - any character from level 20 up can do them so if a badly geared 130 has problems create a few lower levels and speed-level them to 20. The lower your level the easier missions are to do. They will not give new pieces of gear - not usually - but they will give daily and weekly rewards of embers, scrolls of empowerment and star-lits. Improving your LIs with scrolls and crystals can have a major impact on your combat power.

2. Do the lead-in quest line - Legacy of Durin - starting in Skarhald. It gives a fairly large number of pieces of level 130 gear without much combat.