We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lotro Launcher error

The exception unknown Software exception (0x000409) occurred in the application at 0x68F5f751.

First I had to uninstall Turbines Lotro because it was trying to download Akamai client. SSo I uninstalled it.
    Then downloaded the current version and installed it (it took all night to download it).
    When I try to run it it gives a LotroLauncher error.

Lotrolauncher error: The exception unknown Software exception (0x000409) occurred in the application at 0x68F5f751.

please help fix this problem

Quote Originally Posted by Legorfin View Post
    The exception unknown Software exception (0x000409) occurred in the application at 0x68F5f751.

First I had to uninstall Turbines Lotro because it was trying to download Akamai client. SSo I uninstalled it.
    Then downloaded the current version and installed it (it took all night to download it).
    When I try to run it it gives a LotroLauncher error.

Lotrolauncher error: The exception unknown Software exception (0x000409) occurred in the application at 0x68F5f751.

please help fix this problem
    What version of Windows are you running?

Players who are running versions of Windows older than Windows 7 report that they are unable to play the game since the patch released on 2021-03-17.

If you are running Windows 7 or later, you might need to update your Windows installation with whatever are the latest components from Microsoft.

Also, please look inside your UserPreferences.ini file and report back with the value of X in the line...
    GameClientType=X
    ...where X will be the numeral 1, 2, or 3.

ok I am running xp home with service pack 3

Quote Originally Posted by Tralfazz View Post

Players who are running versions of Windows older than Windows 7 report that they are unable to play the game since the patch released on 2021-03-17.

If you are running Windows 7 or later, you might need to update your Windows installation with whatever are the latest components from Microsoft.

Also, please look inside your UserPreferences.ini file and report back with the value of X in the line...
    GameClientType=X
    Ok I noticed lotro launcher was trying to download Microsoft vs c++ 2010 redistribution so I downloaded it and installed it. Thinking it would not try to download it again but it did not recognized the software was already installed! There is no client type in the preferences. It has 4 redistributibles on the bottom 2 64 and two 32 Bit

My machine cannot load win 7 beccuse it said it can't run the setup

I have a good version of win 7 that I loaded on my other laptop then I upgraded it to win 10 so the license transferred back. but as I tried to load it on my laptop I am using it wouldn't take it for some reason.

Interesting note the reason wwhy it can't install because the one I installed was newer

I was watching the launcher login process and noticed it tried to download 64 bit first but then went to 32 bit but it was an older version that is why the error happend.

Quote Originally Posted by Tralfazz View Post

GameClientType=X
    Oh well so much of being a founder if I could boot my win 10 machine I could still be playing. I thank first turbine for creating the game and them Standing Stones for continuing the game. What can I do with 4 founders accounts??? well they will continue to collect TP lol