We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lost 1991 Russian LOTR Film found

Found this interesting it seems there was a 1991 Russian version of the Fellowship of the ring, considered lost but founded in 2021 a week ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vquKyNdgH3s

from wikipedia "In 1991, a TV movie adaptation of The Fellowship of the Ring was made in the USSR, titled ????????? ("Khraniteli", Keepers). The movie was considered lost after a single broadcast, but was found in 2021 and uploaded on YouTube by 5TV. It keeps all the major plot elements of the book, including Tom Bombadil and the Barrow-wight."
    Pontin Level 130 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some Screenshots of Middle-Earth taken over the years, and screenshots of different Cosmetic outfits I've put together.

Honestly Pontin, I think it probably would have been a good thing if it had just stayed lost

I'm sure we can make excuses for it, low budget, something being lost in translation, all sorts of things, bottom line is though that it's just a terrible movie.
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
    - Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhelm View Post
    Honestly Pontin, I think it probably would have been a good thing if it had just stayed lost

I'm sure we can make excuses for it, low budget, something being lost in translation, all sorts of things, bottom line is though that it's just a terrible movie.
    Oh indeed it is an odd one and terrible but still interesting find this week, at least they didn't leave out Tom bombadil...
    Pontin Level 130 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some Screenshots of Middle-Earth taken over the years, and screenshots of different Cosmetic outfits I've put together.

For those interesting in reading more about it, BBC Article https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56641258

This made the rounds of the office yesterday. It is quite interesting! In the context of a limited cost television production lost to time it is super fascinating.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

I'm kind of on the fence. It looks fairly awful in todays standard for Movie and TV but a made for TV movie produced in the late eighties and early nineties it isn't that far off. (I'm not talking about Big cinema budget movies)

To be honest my instinct is to ignore but I know if it was in a language I could understand I know I would watch every last minute.

And lets face it the production may be poor but still they are far better than the cut scenes and promotional vids Lotro has had since Warner dropped them.
    WHY DO PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE LEAST, KNOW IT THE LOUDEST?

Well, lots of people ask for English subtitles in the video's comments, maybe someday they will be added. Even translated by fan community, who knows?