We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Angry CANNOT BUY Minas Morgul from lotro market.

Hello. I've tried countless times over the past couple days to purchase Minas Morgul from https://store-new.standingstonegames...tro/expansions
    whenever I add it to my cart I receive a message that says.

"PURCHASE CANNOT BE COMPLETED"
    We’re sorry, your purchase cannot be completed. Possible reasons for this may be:
    You have previously purchased the item.
    This purchase cannot be applied to your subscription(s).
    Offer is no longer available for purchase at this time.
    We are currently experiencing technical difficulties.
    We are currently performing maintenance.

I've contacted support but I have received nothing back. After googling the problem and searching the forums here it seems other people have the same issue. I've tried changing my region, changing my email address on the account, changing web browsers, clearing cache/cookies and browser history, adding a different payment source and removing the payment source, using a VPN to connect to US / EU. Nothing works at all, all I want is to buy the damn expansion bundle but the website absolutely refuses to work for me.

I'm beginning to think this is an account issue and not based on which region (oceanic) I am trying to purchase the expansion from. I've been looking for help on the lotro subreddit and noticed another person has been having this issue for months. I'm a 'collector' type of LOTRO player and own most of the exclusive cosmetics from the expansion bundles across the years now if I can't buy this I'm going to probably quit the game. Having recently returned and face this problem which is beyond frustrating as a player. I want to progress in your game, I want to BUY your content. Please devs, help me.

Here is another post on the lotro subreddit where a user is having the exact same issue. https://www.reddit.com/r/lotro/comme...xpansion_from/

If there is a developer or support staff who could manually add the expansion bundle to my account via another payment method I would gladly do it. Please help us!

EDIT - I am able to buy the expansion on my secondary account. This confirms to me that it is indeed an account based issue and I'm going to need a support member to help me un flag my account or something.
    EDIT 2 - If it is any help the account I am trying to purchase the expansion with is currently VIP standing. Where my secondary account is not VIP and is able to purchase the expansion. Does the system perhaps think that I already own this content as a VIP member?

https://i.imgur.com/91YYwwb.png this is a screenshot of my secondary account able to purchase it with no problem.

I am getting really frustrated here...
    Last edited by dangraham66; Mar 16 2021 at 07:26 AM.

If you can provide your ticket number I can make sure it was filed properly and ping CS.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    If you can provide your ticket number I can make sure it was filed properly and ping CS.
    Request #163803

I have an even bigger problem now. I managed to buy the expansion with a different account on the lotro marketplace, however it didn't give me a code which I could register to my other account. It simply applied the expansion pack to the account I was logged into. Could you please help me? I'm stressing out a lot as I've pretty much wasted money if it's not on the correct account.

I've updated this in the ticket and have an order number in the reply.

I've just updated the ticket with a refund request. This is has been a gigantic waste of time. I'm very disappointed in the response time of the support team.

Quote Originally Posted by dangraham66 View Post
    I've just updated the ticket with a refund request. This is has been a gigantic waste of time. I'm very disappointed in the response time of the support team.

My support ticket is still pending. If you guys could help me out soon that would be really appreciated. I've spent a lot of money here on something I'm unable to use. I would preferably like the expansion registered on the correct account of mine instead of a refund as I don't want to stop playing LOTRO over this. But this support time has been very very slow. Please Cordovan can you get someone to take a look at this today? I would seriously appreciate it.

bump please help.....

All I'm asking for is literally one person from the support team to help me out here. It's all I need is one single person to have a look at my ticket and help me, it's all I ask as a paying customer is for some SUPPORT.

For god sake please help me. This is ridiculous SSG. I'm begging for help here, I've paid good money. I have put a ticket in-game. posted on reddit. sent a DM to @lotro on twitter and opened this thread here. I'm running out of options and it seems I'm just sitting in the dark here? How long must I wait for some help? I paid $175 Australian Dollars for a product which is useless to me unless I can get some help.

Please. help.

bump again

Quote Originally Posted by dangraham66 View Post
    bump again
    Hint: The support people won't get to your ticket any faster just because you complain about it here.

I'm experiencing the same problem since something like 5 days.
    Pretty much what it says in the Reddit thread too.
    My Support Ticket is now also in the investigation phase although it's been in this phase for like 2 weeks for the person in the Reddit thread.

So summarized i can't buy Minas Morgul, i even want to buy the Ultimate Fan Edition but it seems there is some problem with it. I also tried opening another Account and buy it there just to test, it doesn't work either. But i could buy War of the three peaks this one would work.
    I also pay the subscription via paypal so there is no problem with Region or something. My Geo IP location is like ~30km from my address so yes..

I really hope they can fix it soon because it's really embarassing i mean i want to buy some completely overpriced expansion and the shop is not working, also it doesn't seem to be a new issue.. just hope it doesn't take weeks like it did for others...

Quote Originally Posted by Tharhad View Post
    I'm experiencing the same problem since something like 5 days.
    Pretty much what it says in the Reddit thread too.
    My Support Ticket is now also in the investigation phase although it's been in this phase for like 2 weeks for the person in the Reddit thread.

So summarized i can't buy Minas Morgul, i even want to buy the Ultimate Fan Edition but it seems there is some problem with it. I also tried opening another Account and buy it there just to test, it doesn't work either. But i could buy War of the three peaks this one would work.
    I also pay the subscription via paypal so there is no problem with Region or something. My Geo IP location is like ~30km from my address so yes..

I really hope they can fix it soon because it's really embarassing i mean i want to buy some completely overpriced expansion and the shop is not working, also it doesn't seem to be a new issue.. just hope it doesn't take weeks like it did for others...
    Yea. I'm in the same boat tbh. Can't buy the Minas Morgul fan bundle and haven't heard from customer support in about 2 weeks. Just take my money! >: (

I'm having the same issue. Been trying to purchace the Ultimate Edition of Minas Morgul, but I keep getting a "Purchace cannot be completed" response.

I've been talking to others that have been having the same issue, and the only explanation I've come across is, that someone was charged 0$ for it, and that their bank rang them up for a possible fraudulent transaction. Not that he got the expansion for it. But I think it's something on SSG's end.

I want to give you $130 SSG, why won't you let me?!

Hell, I even considered stopping playing the game and cancling my VIP because of it, because I was so bummed out...

My ticket number is: 168967
    Last edited by Aseir; May 01 2021 at 02:27 PM.

Just forget it, my Ticket is now open for over a month and i requested more than once a solution or workaround. The guys from Reddit experience the same problem 1 1/2 months + now and have no solution. I mean it can't be that hard to go through Logs and just fix the problem?

I wanted to continue the story and bought in the in game store 8800 LOTRO points (double bonus points for 55 Euro) and bought with it Minas Morgul, War of the three peaks and some bonus stuff like crafting bag (50 slots), lot of inventory space etc. ...
    Last edited by Tharhad; May 03 2021 at 05:35 PM.

Just forget it, my Ticket is now open for over a month and i requested more than once a solution or workaround. The guys from Reddit experience the same problem 1 1/2 months + now and have no solution. I mean it can't be that hard to go through Logs and just fix the problem?

I wanted to continue the story and bought in the in game store 8800 LOTRO points (double bonus points for 55 Euro) and bought with it Minas Morgul, War of the three peaks and some bonus stuff like crafting bag (50 slots), lot of inventory space etc. ...
    I've received a response to my ticket. Took a few days, but I did get one. Did you use the ingame support system, or this one (https://help.standingstonegames.com/hc/en-us) accessible from the launcher? I used the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Aseir View Post
    I've received a response to my ticket. Took a few days, but I did get one. Did you use the ingame support system, or this one (https://help.standingstonegames.com/hc/en-us) accessible from the launcher? I used the latter.
    And is the problem solved?
    We all received a response to our tickets but the problem is not solved they just state that they're working on it.

And is the problem solved?
    We all received a response to our tickets but the problem is not solved they just state that they're working on it.
    Nope, but my ticket was escalated to a higher power. The support-person did warn me that the wait times would be long, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aseir View Post
    Nope, but my ticket was escalated to a higher power. The support-person did warn me that the wait times would be long, though.
    Yes same for all of us.