We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anglion1 View Post
    Handing in missions, moving stuff from/to vault, sending mail, takes ages today on Evernight (in Annak Khurfu). Last couple of days, it was generally a lag nightmare on Evernight. Will you finally wake up and fix it SSG??!!
    This is a cultural implementation for the British Players who all wear bowler hats, a pin striped suit and love to queue. For those alien to this stereotype port to an Ally hall to do your business and clear the tracker then exit to Magh Ashtu for the stable ride (up the stair and inside to the right) to the missions room. Or continue to queue for the years it might take to resolve an issue that has a known workaround already.

For those without access to Ally halls, research all the mission stable rides and how you'd get to them.
    Last edited by Braer; Apr 16 2021 at 02:07 PM.

Second time in so many hours that I've been unable to load a character. The same one, as it happens. Each session now usually ends, or starts and ends, with this problem.

Seriously, do something. It's getting dire. The way we've started this year I wouldn't be at all surprised if we end up with another mystery long-term server closure.

####ing Anor is lagging out 184 players.

Do something about these servers...

Quote Originally Posted by Nubja View Post
    ####ing Anor is lagging out 184 players.

Do something about these servers...
    The hamsters are on a break? Maybe it's that table indexing thing again?

Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    The hamsters are on a break? Maybe it's that table indexing thing again?
    no no no they are upgrading to 1 kitten, they just cant find one so they only have one hamster

Failure to load characters is now a common problem for me again.

Its actually shocking how bad the situation is and how little has been done to solve the problem.
    This ''ongoing battle'' with lag that SSG loves to use as a term , feels more like PR BS since i've literally seen 0 change in multiple months.

Missions can take several minutes to turn in.
    Game client needs restart every ~45 minutes , in order to be half-stable.
    On peak hours , some instances are so laggy that it's basically unplayable. Skills stop working for a few seconds or go on cd without doing anything.
    Some characters take several minutes to logout and when they do , the character selection screen is so laggy , that i feel like i am playing this game on playstation 1.
    Apparently , that happens because they've ''become too big''. Lmao , this is such a sad excuse. Lately , i stopped loging out altogether and i just shut down the game from the task manager and start over. It's 3 times faster.
    Many cases of loss spikes on half the server , people unable to login , others lag out entirely and have to restart the game.
    I can add so many examples to the mix , but its pointless.

This is a depressing and unacceptable state. Maybe i wouldn't even care if this game was considered cheap , but its actually the opposite , that's what almost makes it funny.

IMO the last week is definitely in the top 10 of worst weeks - at least of those that are considered as "normal operation".

Quote Originally Posted by thinx View Post
    IMO the last week is definitely in the top 10 of worst weeks - at least of those that are considered as "normal operation".
    It's bound to be worse for a bit because we have a load of SSG staff investigating our issues now. Pity they can't give a few of us access to their de-bug client to help them out.

Perhaps they'll start to appreciate how a few extra hours saved their end equates to countless hours of customers' wasted time.

Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    It's bound to be worse for a bit because we have a load of SSG staff investigating our issues now.
    If this is the case, communication could be a good idea. Something like: Hey, we are doing some live work on the servers this week, expect more lag.

Dagnabit. Wish I had seen this earlier. I've been playing with my settings so much to try and see what's up...

Quote Originally Posted by Nubja View Post
    As per title, it's been atrocious the past couple of days and bad for months now.

Complete server freezes in raids for 10s+ every minute or so. Raid on Monday if we used OB the entire game would freeze up for the entire duration... imagine doing less dps with it on than off. immediate skills failing more than they work - lagging out in shire homesteads with 600 people online...

Not even going to mention the ettenmoors...

It's laughable at this point but nobody is laughing because it's just tragic. Fix the servers before releasing 3 mans with more talking than actual gameplay. Thank you.

553 entries. Skill lag.

How do we get a response from SSG? Like, why do you not give a #### about your players?

I know we haven't had much to say in the thread here, but we do continue to look into game performance issues impacting Evernight specifically, and as soon as there is something to say we will do so as quickly as possible. Some of Evernight's issue is related to hitting particularly high player populations at peak relative to the other game worlds; Evernight in particular saw a massive increase in population during the initial months of the COVID stay at home time period, and while that is not the cause of the server's performance issues, it is a contributing factor.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I know we haven't had much to say in the thread here, but we do continue to look into game performance issues impacting Evernight specifically, and as soon as there is something to say we will do so as quickly as possible. Some of Evernight's issue is related to hitting particularly high player populations at peak relative to the other game worlds; Evernight in particular saw a massive increase in population during the initial months of the COVID stay at home time period, and while that is not the cause of the server's performance issues, it is a contributing factor.

Why not offer evernight players free transfers then to go to another server?
    Starstorm

Some of Evernight's issue is related to hitting particularly high player populations at peak relative to the other game worlds; Evernight in particular saw a massive increase in population during the initial months of the COVID stay at home time period, and while that is not the cause of the server's performance issues, it is a contributing factor.
    If the reason your customers can't get into your store is because the building is too small... Get a bigger building.

Quote Originally Posted by SingularityNow View Post
    If the reason your customers can't get into your store is because the building is too small... Get a bigger building.
    As far as I know, Evernight players aren't having difficulty logging in. Your analogy isn't a very good one.

A better one would be: "If your customers are complaining about delays at the airport, build a bigger airport." Which might help, might not. There are many potential bottlenecks in airport passenger traffic flow that are not helped by simply tacking on another terminal. (I say "simply", but ask Berliners how simple it is to build a modern airport.)

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    As far as I know, Evernight players aren't having difficulty logging in. Your analogy isn't a very good one.

A better one would be: "If your customers are complaining about delays at the airport, build a bigger airport." Which might help, might not. There are many potential bottlenecks in airport passenger traffic flow that are not helped by simply tacking on another terminal. (I say "simply", but ask Berliners how simple it is to build a modern airport.)
    Very good point but at least allow passengers to divert to other airports at zero cost or benefits for those affected. Maybe some permanent buffs , free travel, free cookies and bacon ?
    Starstorm

I m the only one that remembers few years ago the "data center" transfer ? I mean SSG stated back then that they transfer the servers into new and "better" center.

To be honest, i don't like the idea of seperate the popuplation. I used to play in a private server (I don't want to name it) of WoW on which during its peak time can cap arrround 12k people and they aren't even the officials servers and they have almost zero lags .Lotro on the other hand can not even hold like 2000 people on peak? and they call them official servers. Ofcourse i don't say to have 12k people on peak because that number causing other issues like unreadable world chats but i would like the servers to have atleast the half of them on peak without any lag issues. I just don't want to play on a dead server where you barely find anyone arround you doing quests and have issues to find players to do basic instances. Even the current Evernight's poppulation numbers are fine for making the game look alive and active but for sure the lag is terrible.

Although it is unprofessional for a company to ask i would definitely donate some money to SSG if they ask to as target of upgrading their server's hardware.

The Legendary servers was a good try to separate the population a bit but they failed with the execution.

Anyway, Spliting is a cheap and easy sollution so its a NO option for me. Upgrading the hardware its what mast be done for a proud and proper company that respect its self.
    Argohald Champion(main), Phokalin Guardian, Aljeza Lore master : The Aegean eagles kinship in Evernight
    Aleziana Lore master, Ellinas Guardian Landroval
    Member of old Riddermark family (server)

They don't need to upgrade their hardware. There is no way that they have ####ty servers that can't handle ~2k players in 2021. This is clearly not a server issue. It's a game engine issue. I wouldn't expect any improvement. Not now and not in the future

It's 2021 and the servers can't handle a mere 2k ppl online, also no matter what SSG do they can't do anything about the awful latency for EU players...They're just milking you all.

I Imagine at least 30% (likely a bit more) of their revenue from lotro is coming from ppl located in Europe, yet they won't even give those folks a single server on their continent.

When you see your favourite treat sold with the "new improved recipe" packaging it means that the recipe has changed to use cheaper ingredients. But hey, you'll get used to it! Coco Cola classic lesson unlearned.

Sadly only the reinstalling of "a" Snowborn is going to help in the short term. I use quotes as the old server's return seems remote now. When all the costs cutting schemes; virtualization, database switch are spun as benefiting the game it's not for the players' improved gaming experience.

I wouldn't so mind their attempts to increase profitability but for the deceit used and the very little done to alter the impression taken by many that had them buying "more", specifically to support SSG even at a time the Government were contributing to coffers. Do you remember that single post?

Do they all remain "excited" in their own bubbles with no performance risk assessment in evidence? If you are blinkered to not see, not particularly observant or just passively blundering into issues we get where we are now. Who is really up to it at SSG? All about the looks rather than what's under the hood. And has my GPU running 100% on a char select screen, good grief that's inane or pure indulgence!

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    Well you don't understand the analogy, that doesn't make it bad. If Evernight is unplayable due to lag, then the server can't handle the capacity, the same as a small store forcing its customers into a queue. Has nothing to do with logins, has to do with the total capacity of the servers to handle the demand.

When will we see the fruit's of this "looking into"? It has been far too long in this state.

It's getting way worse now. Question is what are you going to do about it? The lag is insane today and was awful yesterday. It's not just Evernight either. Any server I have logged in has been the same.

Appreciate the update, but this is a long-standing issue that should be at the top of your list surely? it's literally a game-ruining experience...
    Lob
    [EU] Evernight

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast