We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Separate Out World Chat from General (as Default)

I would like to suggest that the default chat settings have World chat separated from the General tab. This would help new players who are trying to see what is going on with their character without the general info going by and getting drowned out by World chat; new characters can't post in World so there's not a need to have it in the General tab info; new players are sometimes turned off from the game by the conversations in World chat, so having it separate from the things you want to see in General would present a better first impression for new folks; and it would make session play better for everyone as you could see what the characters are saying & what is happening without having to take the time to create a separate tab or turn it off.

A bonus would be to have all three of World, LFF, and Trade separated from General, maybe into a separate tab called Global or something of that style, for many of the same reasons as listed above.

Quote Originally Posted by LilRedLeia View Post
    I would like to suggest that the default chat settings have World chat separated from the General tab.
    Oh my goodness, yes! The first thing I do with new characters and session plays is to make a new tab called World, and put World, Trade, and LFF there instead of General.

If automatically putting them in a separate tab can't/won't happen, another solution would be a text command similar to '/ui layout load X', like '/chat layout load X' would be delightful, so that I can replicate my chat setup across all characters more easily. I already type '/ui layout load' on session play, so following that up with /chat layout load' wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. It'd be less new-player friendly, but better than nothing.

Oh $%*& yes. I cannot agree with this suggestion more. This really needs to be done.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

I agree this would be a nice default addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Beia View Post
    I agree this would be a nice default addition.
    Yes please.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001300ca/01005/signature.png]Beianas[/charsig]