We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Lotro endgame becoming way too ''noob'' friendly

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post
    Some changes have been made to barter for the Remmorchant class set gear at the Remmorchant Quartermasters in Estolad Lân:
    The armour exchange, allowing exchange of a piece of set gear for an equivalent piece for a different trait specialization, will no longer be deed gated, since you have already earned an equivalent piece of gear.
    Barter for class set gear hands and feet pieces will no longer be gated by any deed (removing the tier 3 deed requirement).
    Barter for class set gear chest pieces will be reduced to Tier 1 gating (down from tier 3 deed requirement).
    Barter for class set gear legs and shoulders will be reduced to Tier 2 gating (down from tier 3 deed requirement).
    Barter for class set gear legendary helms will remain Tier 3 gated, but with a reduction in the Ember cost to match the other incomparable class set pieces.
    The barter profiles have been reorganized and renamed in accordance with the altered required deed completion.
    (BR notes)

Why is lotro going down this route of giving everyone free stuff and free completions for zero work put in?
    • First the massive stat bloat, we got dps classes with maxed stats running around with 600-700k morale what in the world.
    • then we get free raid sets on t2 sidebosses
    • then we get free FULL golden jewelry for doing t3 (old t2) of the new (mini) raid ONCE
    • then we give everyone a BiS item from festivals (thrang pocket)
    • then we give people bracelets for free on storvagun which are 2nd BiS > better than any t5 3man or 6man content making all of them obsolete
    • then we get these massively overpowered portents with which you can survive death/wipe 4-6 times in a bossfight, that is absolutely bonkers. + A huge dps boost in bursts
    • then we get another extra life from protection of the deathless (luckily only once every 8h and not 1 every 10m)
    • then we get set bonus earrings from a tiny 3man instance
    • And now we are getting even more freebies from these vendors

And i will probably be called an elitist in here, but ask yourselves this: why do we even have tiers of difficulty? Why do we have tiers if everyone is supposed to clear everything? Why dont we just have tier 1 and thats it? There are difficulties in content for a reason, i am not saying that people should not be able to complete content, i think everyone should be able to and everyone is able to if you learn your class and learn the mechanics of x content. Not by clicking an item 50 times to avoid death, that's ridiculous.

Now i know that this endgame is already pretty ruined and it is already way too stat bloated like crazy, so i guess go ahead, it's already too far gone but this brings up a ton of concerns. Please do not go on/repeat this route even more in the future. Soon we will have level 10 players raiding and completing level 150 instances at this point because ''everyone wants to complete stuff!'' Learn your class, learn the mechanics and get yourself geared up for content. SSG should not babysit and give everything out for free. It really ruins the fun of having a challenge and sense of progression inside of a game. (And for all the peeps that will call me elitist: no, i would LOVE for people to complete the same content as i do, learn your class, learn the mechanics, not just enter x instance and get the completion automatically for zero work put in)
    Last edited by HolyDuckTape; Feb 23 2021 at 02:49 PM.

You're saying "give" a lot for things that are a right pain in the butt moving on to impossible to obtain for "noobs".

Just forget about Rem as endgame content, AD and Gundabad will be endgame content for rest of year. Don't be jealous and don't attack players who never get any chances what you get. Yes, everyone want to complete stuff because guess what? They pay for it. Be more easy for players, we don't have millions and millions of players, and we don't have many hardcore raiding guilds. You have your T5-T5 and be happy about that. It's already too much content for such small tiny amount of players. You have your fun in first months when people use bugs what they find out in Palantir to complete instances, rest of year was just farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Just forget about Rem as endgame content, AD and Gundabad will be endgame content for rest of year. Don't be jealous and don't attack players who never get any chances what you get. Yes, everyone want to complete stuff because guess what? They pay for it. Be more easy for players, we don't have millions and millions of players, and we don't have many hardcore raiding guilds. You have your T5-T5 and be happy about that. It's already too much content for such small tiny amount of players. You have your fun in first months when people use bugs what they find out in Palantir to complete instances, rest of year was just farm.
    Wow, you really dont see the problem in this. If this continues, RIP Pugs. You can never trust anyone with good gear to know their class and rotation, mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by HeliStorm View Post
    Wow, you really dont see the problem in this. If this continues, RIP Pugs. You can never trust anyone with good gear to know their class and rotation, mechanics.
    I know about that for months. Doesn't matter if someone get gear set from side bosses or from that trade, right?

RIP PUGS?

PUGS were buried a long time ago. Maybe on Ark you can get a pug raid going but on most servers you can't pull together a T1 Remm pug successfully. The gear will make no difference.
    Erendil 50 Hunter Rank 7, Mavellen 45 Warden; Officers of Disciples
    Ragaroth Warleader Rank 7, Marhawk Stalker Rank 5; Members of Cuddle Squad
    Other Characters: Arthilius - Captain, Arthilias - Guardian,
    Claireth - Runekeeper, Harbuckle - Burglar, Lothlirien - Hunter

Okey so we just have to let the hardcore-kins to complete the raid on top tier in the future. Then just wait until we can barter the pieces we want, what a nice game.

I am not a hardcore raider because I left those - in my case, very toxic kins. But I am not a "noob" either. The ash system and the T1-5 system is a mess though. Even raids between noob and hardcore have the problem that we cannot trust gear. Players get dragged ONCE through ADT3 by raiding kins and have the best gear in the game after they got the set doing sidebosses but they don't even know some basics.

This has nothing to do with noob or hardcore. Everyone should see that the whole system s*cks.

I actually liked the old (!) Moria+DN system most tbh. But we won't ever get this again because of ash and no hardmode anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDuckTape View Post
    (BR notes)

Why is lotro going down this route of giving everyone free stuff and free completions for zero work put in?
    • First the massive stat bloat, we got dps classes with maxed stats running around with 600-700k morale what in the world.
    • then we get free FULL golden jewelry for doing t3 (old t2) of the new (mini) raid ONCE
    • then we give people bracelets for free on storvagun which are 2nd BiS > better than any t5 3man or 6man content making all of them obsolete
    • then we get these massively overpowered portents with which you can survive death/wipe 4-6 times in a bossfight, that is absolutely bonkers. + A huge dps boost in bursts
    • then we get another extra life from protection of the deathless (luckily only once every 8h and not 1 every 10m)

And i will probably be called an elitist in here, but ask yourselves this: why do we even have tiers of difficulty? Why do we have tiers if everyone is supposed to clear everything? Why dont we just have tier 1 and thats it? There are difficulties in content for a reason, i am not saying that people should not be able to complete content, i think everyone should be able to and everyone is able to if you learn your class and learn the mechanics of x content. Not by clicking an item 50 times to avoid death, that's ridiculous.

Now i know that this endgame is already pretty ruined and it is already way too stat bloated like crazy, so i guess go ahead, it's already too far gone but this brings up a ton of concerns. Please do not go on/repeat this route even more in the future. Soon we will have level 10 players raiding and completing level 150 instances at this point because ''everyone wants to complete stuff!'' Learn your class, learn the mechanics and get yourself geared up for content. SSG should not babysit and give everything out for free. It really ruins the fun of having a challenge and sense of progression inside of a game. (And for all the peeps that will call me elitist: no, i would LOVE for people to complete the same content as i do, learn your class, learn the mechanics, not just enter x instance and get the completion automatically for zero work put in)
    The game isn't just for your personal enjoyment you already ruined Ill Omens for the majority of players just so the handful of hardcore raiders can preen about how awesome they are and now you're on another crusade for a perceived slight to your incredible awesomeness.

Give it a rest and stick to your T5 bubble
    Wal's Army on Evernight - Walred (Champ), Walmur (RK), Walbert-2 (Cappy), Walori (Guard), Walrandir (LM), Walora (Warden), Walmo (Burg)

Quote Originally Posted by Starsmith View Post
    You're saying "give" a lot for things that are a right pain in the butt moving on to impossible to obtain for "noobs".
    Absolutely true. Bell, Earrings, Shelob Bracelets, Protection of the Deathless, heck even the gold jewellery is out of reach for the majority of the playerbase. Idk about the big servers like Evernight, Ark or Brandy.. but in Gladden you'll rarely inspect a stranger and find all (if any) of these pieces.
    I'm sorry, it doesn't matter how old the raid is. A lot of people can't get it done on t2, t5 is plain impossible.

PUGS have been almost dead in Gladden since Anvil. And since Abyss no one pugs for higher than T1.

Okey so we just have to let the hardcore-kins to complete the raid on top tier in the future. Then just wait until we can barter the pieces we want, what a nice game.
    The hardcore kins are the only ones completing top tier raids. This is a fact for Gladden. I think there's only ONE kin with full completions on t5 of Remm and Threshold. Anyone feel free to correct me.

So yea.. the complaint does sound elitist. But I don't like putting tags on people I don't know. Plus, it'd be ad hominem and that leads nowhere. Facts are you're wrong if you think people outside hardcore kins run with all the items listed here.
    Home base: Gladden - Fluff server: Anor

Chronicler of the unofficial LotRO Webcomic

Quote Originally Posted by Hildilas View Post
    I am not a hardcore raider because I left those - in my case, very toxic kins. But I am not a "noob" either. The ash system and the T1-5 system is a mess though. Even raids between noob and hardcore have the problem that we cannot trust gear. Players get dragged ONCE through ADT3 by raiding kins and have the best gear in the game after they got the set doing sidebosses but they don't even know some basics.

This has nothing to do with noob or hardcore. Everyone should see that the whole system s*cks.

I actually liked the old (!) Moria+DN system most tbh. But we won't ever get this again because of ash and no hardmode anymore.
    Yeah people that put the work in for T4/T5 raids should absolutely not be rewarded with anything better than someone that has never done anything else than a B1 farm, you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerthan1997 View Post
    Yeah people that put the work in for T4/T5 raids should absolutely not be rewarded with anything better than someone that has never done anything else than a B1 farm, you're right.
    I don't think you understood what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Hildilas View Post
    I don't think you understood what I said.
    Sorry I responded to wrong post

(BR notes)

Couldn't agree more. Its sort of a joke that players only need to run the content once and be done with it. Its an even bigger joke that I can run boss 1 and have a full set of gear and run side bosses for chances of gear. I have no problem with players getting gear, but if the gear doesn't even help you clear the content, why want it so badly? Even as someone who hasn't completed t3 deeds for either raid can see this.

Quote Originally Posted by Once_of_Bree View Post
    The game isn't just for your personal enjoyment you already ruined Ill Omens for the majority of players just so the handful of hardcore raiders can preen about how awesome they are and now you're on another crusade for a perceived slight to your incredible awesomeness.

Give it a rest and stick to your T5 bubble
    Not a t5 raider, but I fail to see how they ruined Ill Omens for the majority of players? Literally nothing he said made a change other than an incredibly broke 45s -> 15s. In fact, after the so called nerf, 2 items got even better! Refine your rotations and gear and maybe you'll be able to complete the raids without the need for a 45s portent!

Mirage
    Arkenstone | Anor

(BR notes)

They're probably removing the deed requirements now since we're getting closer to Gundabad and the lvl cap increase; the gear sets will be completely irrevelant once the next lvl cap comes (since the set bonuses will be lost once the player lvls past 134). So they probably figuring they may as well take off the requirements at this point.
    Ughh...another one of those mad, hungry hobbits with a sword...

Mydiel Pineapple 130 LM The Pirate Alliance Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by cbfan14 View Post
    They're probably removing the deed requirements now since we're getting closer to Gundabad and the lvl cap increase; the gear sets will be completely irrevelant once the next lvl cap comes (since the set bonuses will be lost once the player lvls past 134). So they probably figuring they may as well take off the requirements at this point.
    So when are they gonna remove the requirements for Orthanc/Erebor/Throne/Abyss/Anvil

Mirage
    Arkenstone | Anor

Quote Originally Posted by Rimenuir View Post
    So when are they gonna remove the requirements for Orthanc/Erebor/Throne/Abyss/Anvil
    Exactly, i forgot to mention Orthanc and Anvil in other thread

Another load of peeps suddenly needing a load of Embers? How does one get a load of embers quickly? Woof!

Couldn't agree more. Its sort of a joke that players only need to run the content once and be done with it.
    I have to agree with this in theory, but in practice, I hate BT so much. It's a joke of a raid. I really like Remm, I think it's much more interesting and don't mind spending 2-3 hours running through the full instance. Doing BT over and over again is just painful though, it's too small and not interesting (to me).

The real problem with this game, in my opinion, is that SSG forces a limited segment of content down our throats. Raids are one thing, there just aren't enough of them at end game, but 6 man instances, we have tons of awesome MM instances that are all L130, yet the only instance worth a damn is Stair.
    Erendil 50 Hunter Rank 7, Mavellen 45 Warden; Officers of Disciples
    Ragaroth Warleader Rank 7, Marhawk Stalker Rank 5; Members of Cuddle Squad
    Other Characters: Arthilius - Captain, Arthilias - Guardian,
    Claireth - Runekeeper, Harbuckle - Burglar, Lothlirien - Hunter

(BR notes)

You can look at this two ways.

1. They are now giving freely the rewards I worked hard for months ago. That means they will have similar stats to me for doing less work. I don't like that.
    2. They are boosting everyone now that the raid gear is no longer relevant. I wonder why. Perhaps there is tougher content coming and they need everyone in at least raid gear for it. That's a nice thought.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Perhaps there is tougher content coming and they need everyone in at least raid gear for it. That's a nice thought.
    Raid gears not gonna help you with tougher content if you already cant get the raid gear lmao

Mirage
    Arkenstone | Anor

Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    Another load of peeps suddenly needing a load of Embers? How does one get a load of embers quickly? Woof!
    Yea it all comes down to this basicly.It has nothing to do with raiders or getting gear to more casual people or anything like that.They was insane key sale when AD got barter and will now see insane key sale when remm barter gets toned down.Easy money.

Raid gears not gonna help you with tougher content if you already cant get the raid gear lmao
    Funnily enough, I already have it, but, that's not what I was talking about. You do know that some players struggle even out on landscape right? And that content must include them. We always get the usual "it's too easy" and "its too hard" clashes. Perhaps SSG are finally trying to close some of the gaps so that when new stuff arrives we instead will get "it's better than usual" and "this is ok".

Now, do you have anything constructive to add? Or are you only here to poke at players you consider inferior?

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    You do know that some players struggle even out on landscape right?
    This change does absolutely nothing for them.
    ~ Take the player, not the class ~

Quote Originally Posted by Osglinthor View Post
    Yea it all comes down to this basicly.It has nothing to do with raiders or getting gear to more casual people or anything like that.They was insane key sale when AD got barter and will now see insane key sale when remm barter gets toned down.Easy money.
    This only affects people that buy keys. The answer to that is . . . . . don't buy them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast