We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by HeliStorm View Post
    Im just saying you have to work for it, and accept your limits. If you dont, then no. I respect the people that still do it, what i learn is its gonna take time if you have so called casuals in the group, and you need communication like Discord. I've done that.

Im not mad because i dont do T4-5, i accept it. I dont have the time. Havent even done T3 full run. Still satisfied, have good gear on 5 chars.
    Well, we can use as example golf. It's not team play, unlike raids. I complete many things outside of kin what my kinmates can't do right now (AD T2 and AD T3 first boss as example). And I kill many bosses in Rem long before my kin able to do it. Even when I give them all help and info what I have, it's still team work and many geared players just leave to other guilds just because killing some bosses with them more easy. That's difference between being helped and being dragged. It's not about gear, I have enough gear. It's about some people telling other players what they don't deserve it just because in their hardcore raid kins they find out tactic and have all people buy MM, when our guild starts from 5 players pre-order MM. And3 people pre-order WotP, because some people just can't buy it even when they afford it. So it's very stupid when players like HolyDuckTape thinking what every player start from same page with MM. Or what you need just learn your class. No, raid have huge amount of problems and simple learning their class not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Well, we can use as example golf.

when our guild starts from 5 players pre-order MM. And3 people pre-order WotP.
    Sounds like you could really do with 3/6 man content dropping you some decent near-raid level setbonus gear, huh.
    ~ Take the player, not the class ~

Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    Sounds like you could really do with 3/6 man content dropping you some decent near-raid level setbonus gear, huh.
    It takes time and a lot of effort to motivate people buy content, and sooner or later we stop where most of guilds stop, at T2 Shelob

As i predicted.. Rip pugs. Just joined 4 Rem this evening, 1 successful. I see alot of different chars, 160k moral hunter, why even join a T3? The last run was not even close. People didnt know the mechanic. Cmon run at least 5 T1 and T2 to learn the tactics before joining T3. I take a break now.
    Last edited by HeliStorm; Feb 27 2021 at 03:49 AM.

Well, we can use as example golf. It's not team play, unlike raids. I complete many things outside of kin what my kinmates can't do right now (AD T2 and AD T3 first boss as example). And I kill many bosses in Rem long before my kin able to do it. Even when I give them all help and info what I have, it's still team work and many geared players just leave to other guilds just because killing some bosses with them more easy. That's difference between being helped and being dragged. It's not about gear, I have enough gear. It's about some people telling other players what they don't deserve it just because in their hardcore raid kins they find out tactic and have all people buy MM, when our guild starts from 5 players pre-order MM. And3 people pre-order WotP, because some people just can't buy it even when they afford it. So it's very stupid when players like HolyDuckTape thinking what every player start from same page with MM. Or what you need just learn your class. No, raid have huge amount of problems and simple learning their class not enough.
    Not every player starts from the same page indeed but that does not mean they deserve certain loot, when i started lotro for the first time i did not go into raiding and i wasn't demanding the devs to give me free stuff because ''i deserve it.'' No, i did not deserve it. I had little skill, i barely raided if i even raided to begin with, i had very little people to raid with and of low skill aswell, i did not have any mechanical knowledge whatsoever. Eventually i had an interest in raiding because it was fun and i wanted to get all the shiny cool loot! So i improved, worked hard, grinded gear, chars and knowledge and then i became a full blown raider and got my loot. Sure i did not get it immediately, as it should be. I had to work for it for an entire level cap before i could join in to get all the raid gear i so wanted all that time. That's when i deserved it.

Doesn't matter what the issue is, lack of skill, lack of time, lack of people to play with etc. it does not matter, if i don't raid or i don't do the appropriate tiers needed for certain loot then i do not deserve that x tier raid loot. As simple as that.

Or what you need just learn your class. No, raid have huge amount of problems and simple learning their class not enough.
    Sure learning your class is not the only thing to do, but let's be honest it's the majority of what you need because how hard can it be to walk inside of a green puddle every 30 seconds?

Title it's not about what we need, it's about what SSG can GIVE to you for your hard work.
    Do you know what drops in T4 and T5? Not much really. It is rather underwhelming reward considering huge effort.

It is very simple. We need to be honest. People just need to admit that we got freebies. Myself included. Why is that so hard? And I admit it. I done full Remmo on T2 only and partially on T3. I'm very happy for everyone, I don't really mind. But is it fair to those who spent weeks, and even months, on beating higher tiers, and is it logical? Nope. So ok, let's be happy for us less skilled, less fortunate, for us with less time, and so on (whatever the reasons/excuses), but let's stop claiming that this is now somehow normal situation and how things should be, because it's not.
    Last edited by Mirhaen; Feb 26 2021 at 11:10 PM.

As i predict.. Rip pugs. Just joined 4 Rem this evening, 1 successful. I see alot of different chars, 160k moral hunter, why even join a T3? The last run was not even close. People didnt know the mechanic. Cmon run at least 5 T1 and T2 to learn the tactics before joining T3. I take a break now.
    Have we been in the same groups? lol I know what you talking about.

People farming side bosses like crazy atm. I really feel very sorry for raiders that spent so much time and effort beating raid on higher tiers only to see their work devalued. And naturally, one does wonder if this is now new standard and should one bother next time. But I think worst of all, those that are happy with those changes, well even if they are not willing to admit that this is not how things should be, should at least keep for themselves, instead of calling people names and speaking badly of others they know nothing about.

It's all butterflies and sunshines... in February.

As i predicted.. Rip pugs. Just joined 4 Rem this evening, 1 successful. I see alot of different chars, 160k moral hunter, why even join a T3? The last run was not even close. People didnt know the mechanic. Cmon run at least 5 T1 and T2 to learn the tactics before joining T3. I take a break now.
    Amount of people who create Rem PUGs during Fire phases far less when amount of people who create Rem PUGs during phases without Fire

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDuckTape View Post
    Not every player starts from the same page indeed but that does not mean they deserve certain loot, when i started lotro for the first time i did not go into raiding and i wasn't demanding the devs to give me free stuff because ''i deserve it.'' No, i did not deserve it. I had little skill, i barely raided if i even raided to begin with, i had very little people to raid with and of low skill aswell, i did not have any mechanical knowledge whatsoever. Eventually i had an interest in raiding because it was fun and i wanted to get all the shiny cool loot! So i improved, worked hard, grinded gear, chars and knowledge and then i became a full blown raider and got my loot. Sure i did not get it immediately, as it should be. I had to work for it for an entire level cap before i could join in to get all the raid gear i so wanted all that time. That's when i deserved it.

Sure learning your class is not the only thing to do, but let's be honest it's the majority of what you need because how hard can it be to walk inside of a green puddle every 30 seconds?
    You just forget what you not alone in raid. If you know tactic, know your class mechanic, someone else can screw that up. That doesn't means what you don't deserve loot. It's not about you, it's about your kin and about your kin raid team. I have all raids done until players from my kin decide jump to Ark because of PvP in 2016. Between 2016 and 2018 we just don't have enough players for stable raid. And doesn't matter how you improved, because on 105 level you can't complete Throne with 6 persons.
    Last edited by Elmagor; Feb 27 2021 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirhaen View Post
    I really feel very sorry for raiders that spent so much time and effort beating raid on higher tiers only to see their work devalued.
    As a former very very hardcore raider in LOTRO, World of Warcraft and SWTOR, I absolutely do not. In actual hardcore raiding the fun comes from overcoming the challenge with your kinmates/groupmates, not from feeling better than anybody else and walking around with your high-end gear. If you are really beating that hard content for the challenge then you know gear is just a means to an end (character power) rather than a reward. And gear is collected so you have a fighting chance when the next hard content comes out, not to impress people who have less playtime. Especially in a game where the coolest outfits are purely cosmetic in nature anyway.

And even if, people who beat high difficulty get to enjoy their superior gear for months. If we want to acknowledge their effort, hell, give them something more permanent than gear like special titles, emotes, cosmetics, pets obtainable only before the content is nerfed. That way they can show off they beat not nerfed content even years from now. Think T4 or T5 Remmo deed rewarding a poison weapon aura, and that deed no longer giving the aura once U29 drops. Win-win.

P.S. In WoW with their achievement system, your account gets "Ahead of the Curve" and "Cutting Edge" achievement for beating content before it is nerfed. Permanent record of your skill and hard work in beating content. While everybody can farm the outdated raids for gear for cosmetic purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyos View Post
    As a former very very hardcore raider in LOTRO, World of Warcraft and SWTOR, I absolutely do not. In actual hardcore raiding the fun comes from overcoming the challenge with your kinmates/groupmates, not from feeling better than anybody else and walking around with your high-end gear. If you are really beating that hard content for the challenge then you know gear is just a means to an end (character power) rather than a reward. And gear is collected so you have a fighting chance when the next hard content comes out, not to impress people who have less playtime. Especially in a game where the coolest outfits are purely cosmetic in nature anyway.

And even if, people who beat high difficulty get to enjoy their superior gear for months. If we want to acknowledge their effort, hell, give them something more permanent than gear like special titles, emotes, cosmetics, pets obtainable only before the content is nerfed. That way they can show off they beat not nerfed content even years from now. Think T4 or T5 Remmo deed rewarding a poison weapon aura, and that deed no longer giving the aura once U29 drops. Win-win.

P.S. In WoW with their achievement system, your account gets "Ahead of the Curve" and "Cutting Edge" achievement for beating content before it is nerfed. Permanent record of your skill and hard work in beating content. While everybody can farm the outdated raids for gear for cosmetic purposes.
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyos View Post

I feel like you missed my point. Yes, some do it for fun and challenge, some to show off, some for both reasons. Irrelevant. I do not see how any of it makes somehow the rest of us suddenly eligible to get same gear for doing less.

And yes I agree about better rewards for higher tiers. Now that we mentioned, where is barter for those that done T4 and T5? Or is that now controversial question/idea? I'm going to eye-roll myself into another dimension...

People who do not complete certain content should not get that content's gear

change my mind

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDuckTape View Post
    People who do not complete certain content should not get that content's gear

change my mind
    No one care how much time, money, blood and guts you spend to complete certain content or certain tier. We can respect it, but it have nothing with other players trying get same loot from same raid. If developers change something - they can do it, because it's their game and their decision. If they consider Remmorchant as grind and want decrease that grind, it's their decision and it have nothing with you or your time in raid. You can't demand from players completing certain content, because it's not your game. And you can't denay what many players don't like loot system in Rem and ask developers change it, many times.

Sure you can spend a few months on gaining raid gear then it's suddenly trash, you can spend all the years of the game grinding virtues and others can buy a by-pass to it. We obtain each expansion and the next mostly devalues that purchase. Like depreciation of a new car, except GM don't normally break your old car to sell you one: Apple's tactic?

You either think it's a generous offer to open up some "better" gear for those who haven't met the requirements as yet or you're are being disrespected for your efforts.

NO IT'S JUST TO HAVE A WHOLE LOAD OF PEOPLE NEEDING A BUNCH OF EMBERS PER CHARACTER TO ADD A COUPLE OF MINIMAL (OR MAJOR) UPGRADES.

That's what account capped currency is for. It's just HARVEST time and the hope is enough will turn to keys and lootboxes. Because we needs it, my precious!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5