We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Account screwed up

My girl friend's username is *************. She has been a VIP member for several years. Today she was booted off with some message about already being on some other world. When she logged back in, now she is presented with a dialog which says she only has space for 6 characters, but she has 8 characters. She has had these 8 characters for some time. Her VIP status should still be good. When I look at her account, she is now listed as a non vip player. Can someone look into this and see what is wrong?

Thanks
    Last edited by OrcKiller60; Feb 23 2021 at 10:02 AM.
    Treebeard: I always like going South, somehow it feels like going downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by OrcKiller60 View Post
    What is the customer support number?
    There isn't one. Phone support was withdrawn years ago when Turbine still ran the game. All support is now done via the link WeirdJedi posted above.

Also it's not really a good idea to put your friend's username in the original post. It is, after all, half the info someone needs to access their account. Keep it secret. Keep it safe.

This issue can't be resolved via forums.

First thing to check is her bank account/credit card transactions - when was she last billed for subscription, did that transaction go well etc.

She can also check it in the in-game store - there are history and sub management tabs there. Although she would need to choose two characters to temporarily "freeze" in order to log in, they are not being deleted, just inaccessible till she once more has 8 char slots.

Last resort - contact support -> https://help.standingstonegames.com/...s/requests/new
    You will need to fill the form describing your issue and it usually takes a couple of days till they get back to you.
    Roaming Gladden since 2013

What kudurru told you is correct. Posting the account name publicly is a bad idea and expecting a customer service response to a post in this forum is unrealistic. I'll add that she will need to submit the ticket, you will not get help for her because SSG will not provide help for an account via a second account – not even for the same account owner, and you are not that account owner.

Your friend should go ahead and keep playing until she resolves her subscription issue. The two characters she will have to designate as inaccessible will become accessible again as soon as her VIP subscription is renewed. Alternatively, she can purchase two additional character slots with LOTRO points. It's not a terrible idea to have a few extra slots available so that you can create a character to test something or to play along with a friend who is new to the game; or just to experience some old content again; so the extra slots won't be worthless once her VIP subscription is renewed.

Quote Originally Posted by OrcKiller60 View Post
    You can delete this thread if you want, so the username is no longer visible.

Thanks
    Just edit the post yourself to remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    Just edit the post yourself to remove it.
    I've deleted the posts I can, my original post I can't delete for some reason, although I have blanked her username. The one reply from WeirdJedi I can't delete, which has her username in it, which is why I was saying about deleting the entire thread.
    Treebeard: I always like going South, somehow it feels like going downhill.

Make sure her 3 number code is update on account site. This happen to me before when my card was updated. A Safety feature of new cards which is a good thing
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.
    -- Yoda