We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

RKs + cosmetic items

Hey, I don't know if this is an RK thing or an issue with specific items, but why is it my champ friend can have cosmetic pretzels in hand, in combat (weapons equipped but pretzels cosmetically), but I, on a Rune-Keeper, can't hold an iris or a yule sparkler, cosmetically, even while walking around town? Is it the RK? Is it the item? Can it be fixed?

Can't seem to get the image to display but the tooltip says, "This item is of type Cosmetic while your equipped item is of type Rune-stone. The cosmetic item will not be shown."
    Townsperson says, "I'm having an adventure. I've paddled all the way from Frogmorton!"

Quote Originally Posted by Isharra View Post
    Hey, I don't know if this is an RK thing or an issue with specific items, but why is it my champ friend can have cosmetic pretzels in hand, in combat (weapons equipped but pretzels cosmetically), but I, on a Rune-Keeper, can't hold an iris or a yule sparkler, cosmetically, even while walking around town? Is it the RK? Is it the item? Can it be fixed?

Can't seem to get the image to display but the tooltip says, "This item is of type Cosmetic while your equipped item is of type Rune-stone. The cosmetic item will not be shown."
    It's the RK, and completely WAI, their weapon can not have a cosmetic override of something that is not an RK stone.

Exclamation

Sadly it is a RK thing, the devs decided that RK weapons can only be replaced cosmetically by other RK weapon skins. There are very few options & that are all pretty small, the biggest 1 is the size of a dagger. Appart the none legendary RK weapons skins, there are a couple cosmetic RK weapons at LOTRO store, 1 at Erebor reputation gated, & 1 at War of the 3 Peaks reputation gated. Most of them are tablet shapped, 1 round, the stores & rep gated stones have fancy designs, with the newest 1 being flower shaped. While there are a some playermade websites that dedicate to post their choice of outfit sets, nobody that i know have tried to make a compilation of the varied RK stones skins screenshots.

PDT: Because i got tired that nobody ever tried to make that compilation, i just posted it here: https://twitter.com/YamydeAragon/sta...898923010?s=20
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Feb 18 2021 at 01:14 PM.

Well, that's really disappointing. Maybe they could add a toggle that, when on, behaves as current, but when off, behaves such that cosmetics display out of combat and weapons display in combat. It's been how many years since cosmetic outfits have included cosmetic weapons/items? Other things they said would never be possible are now, so maybe this deserves a revisit.
    Townsperson says, "I'm having an adventure. I've paddled all the way from Frogmorton!"

Well, that's really disappointing. Maybe they could add a toggle that, when on, behaves as current, but when off, behaves such that cosmetics display out of combat and weapons display in combat. It's been how many years since cosmetic outfits have included cosmetic weapons/items? Other things they said would never be possible are now, so maybe this deserves a revisit.
    On a positive side, RKs can change the appearance of their satchel. There are a few skin textures to pick. Also can add the to wardrope & apply several colors. Some can be acquired at RK class trainer, crafted or bartered & some can be bought at LOTRO store with LP.

I am all up for having any the handheld items that don't look like real weapons, shown cosmetically on the RK. I understand why the RK lore don't agree with physical weapons but there are many physical handheld objects that hardly can be considered a weapon if ever, but will be great to be able to show them on hand or carry in the hips or back.

I am still waiting that the devs enable on all classes to have a cosmetic hip slot to put a satchel or our choice of other cosmetic item there. They said that wanted to do it by the time that Mirkwood expansion got released, many years ago, but haven't happened yet. At least some chest pieces comes with satchels included & can put some musical instruments on back slot, that will show on righ side of hip. & there is the treasure satchel that all classes can use on back but will show on left hip.
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Feb 20 2021 at 08:38 AM.