We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Has lotro gone to 64bit instead of 32bit?

every time I try to login it stops at the 64bit file. it trys to down load the file. yet there is no 32bile downlod. so I cannot login frm this 32bit machine anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Legorfin View Post
    every time I try to login it stops at the 64bit file. it trys to down load the file. yet there is no 32bile downlod. so I cannot login frm this 32bit machine anymore
    It works for some people and not for others. I had problems and their support told me to avoid it.

Open the Launcher and click the downward triangle button near the top-right.
    Then choose Options, followed by the General tab.
    Here you can select which version of the game client you wish to use.
    For 32-bit there's a standard version and a legacy for anyone still using XP or Vista. (Not sure which version you need here.)

Now try to login.
    Hope this helps.
    "You can't fight the Enemy with his own Ring without turning into an Enemy" - J.R.R. Tolkien, Letter # 81

There are actually two executable files in the download. lotroclient.exe (the 32-bit version) and lotroclient64.exe. The 64 bit version is in it's own subfolder (x64) in the StandingStoneGames folder.