We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    356

    The point of 44 rank capped soes when imbued 1st ages start at 52 rank is???

    Someone in Bullroarer forums pointed out that imbued 1st ages with legacies ranked to 9 using before imbuing start with 52 rank legacies and I've confirmed in WC that this is currently the case.

    We are wasting our time giving them feedback.

  2. #2
    I have to agree this didn't make sense to me either.

  3. #3
    on Jan 19, Cordovan posted this:

    "Here is our current plan for Scrolls of Empowerment for a patch in the near future, please note that any possible changes are subject to further change before being released, and the distribution of this information here and now should not be construed as a promise:

    The Dol Amroth Quartermaster now offers "Scrolls of Empowerment - Max Tier 59" for 15 Amroth Silver pieces instead of "Scrolls of Empowerment - Max Tier 44" for 20 Amroth Silver Pieces"

    He posted it in this thread: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...96#post8056896

  4. #4
    It didn't make sense to you because you don't play on legendary servers where the current max rank on imbued LIs is 44.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeroniel View Post
    on Jan 19, Cordovan posted this:

    "Here is our current plan for Scrolls of Empowerment for a patch in the near future, please note that any possible changes are subject to further change before being released, and the distribution of this information here and now should not be construed as a promise:

    The Dol Amroth Quartermaster now offers "Scrolls of Empowerment - Max Tier 59" for 15 Amroth Silver pieces instead of "Scrolls of Empowerment - Max Tier 44" for 20 Amroth Silver Pieces"

    He posted it in this thread: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...96#post8056896
    Thanks Aerioniel, missed see this - no longer looking as opting out of pursuing capped soes.

    5 ppl told them in BR forums on the 12th that caps were below live server start ranks with at least mentioning 52 rank -Otch, Aljbookworm, DwarfThor, Jegil and Laurelinarien. Call me cynical as I sure am at this stage but looks to me like it took sub cancellations to promise a probably will do this in a patch on the 19th.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by Wargoat View Post
    It didn't make sense to you because you don't play on legendary servers where the current max rank on imbued LIs is 44.
    This make sense of the whole patch actually as the LS char lvl caps make it workable there. Did Cordovan tell the devs the LS folk needed more ways to earn soes without realizing - any of them realizing boggle - that soe caps are only workable when chars are paused in regions?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,095
    I just got a craft alt to level 100 and the 44s (if they had been my source) could have been used to prep the ILs before imbuement. With all the legacy changes to get my ideal set up I used up 39 scrolls before imbuing them both. However I had planned ahead and much of my play had mote acquisition as a by product, even the Gorgogoth daily when it was the 6 minute 3 completions one, so had amassed 4 stacks of cap 74 scrolls over the past few months, along with loads of gear coffers. With 5 chars having access to Vales weeklies the step from 74 to 79 will be done by next Friday. The last 40 scrolls easily covered by the bound to account uncapped SoEs I have in storage. Don't have to touch the stacks and stacks of tradable SoEs that are now my nest egg. Prep ofc involved a couple of years of festival grinding Crystals, just a couple each year though, after the mote crystals got me to their cap.

    So with resources, access to dailies/weekly on a number of chars and lots of prep you can be done in a day if you'd planned well ahead. Just a short sprint against the marathon for the newcomer/muggle or those that chose to barter figments for their motes/embers for their dressing up obsessions.

    Woe betide the fool who valars in ignorance.

    P.S. Maxed out the bridle with the capped scrolls too ofc
    Last edited by Braer; Jan 24 2021 at 01:35 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    I just got a craft alt to level 100 and the 44s (if they had been my source) could have been used to prep the ILs before imbuement. With all the legacy changes to get my ideal set up I used up 39 scrolls before imbuing them both. However I had planned ahead and much of my play had mote acquisition as a by product, even the Gorgogoth daily when it was the 6 minute 3 completions one, so had amassed 4 stacks of cap 74 scrolls over the past few months, along with loads of gear coffers. With 5 chars having access to Vales weeklies the step from 74 to 79 will be done by next Friday. The last 40 scrolls easily covered by the bound to account uncapped SoEs I have in storage. Don't have to touch the stacks and stacks of tradable SoEs that are now my nest egg. Prep ofc involved a couple of years of festival grinding Crystals, just a couple each year though, after the mote crystals got me to their cap.

    So with resources, access to dailies/weekly on a number of chars and lots of prep you can be done in a day if you'd planned well ahead. Just a short sprint against the marathon for the newcomer/muggle or those that chose to barter figments for their motes/embers for their dressing up obsessions.

    Woe betide the fool who valars in ignorance.

    P.S. Maxed out the bridle with the capped scrolls too ofc
    I'm ok too as I developed LIs when imbuement started on all classes I would want to play and would be just a matter of topping them up from whatever stage they were at when SSG's store or grind your brains out ethos caused me to retire them, and with benefit of 74s as the sole thing I could find to buy to stay under motes cap that was even theoretically usable in the perhaps One Day, uncapped soes earned along the way + and ones saved for yrs that had been intended to be used on the chars I felt forced to retire + 130 char support "I'm Ok Jack" (Aus/UK expression).

    But where we're ok Jack, valars as you say + those imbuing a 1st char on main servers won't be imo. I told my 115 completionist friend starting DA it might work in his favour - after they up the LS appropriate cap to correspond with the reality of main servers that is, but if calcs re: time spent in each region are correct I can't see even an arch completionist spending month/s in each zone (LOL- it's serious as he's been asking me about other games already but so farcical to regard this as a workable design I honestly LOL when typing that). Be fun, perverse fun, to see a chart re: level starting zones and lvl leaving them after acquiring that region's soe cap rank - and not even considering most hit 100 in West Rohan and keep on over and over leveling zones as it was. I have to wonder if this isn't another sapphire graphic/accelerate lvl LS cap progression design - Cordovan says Live Streamers need ways to earn soes, devs design way for them to do this - patch is 100% workable there given content/level caps, and their knowledge of the game is lacking in degree that don't immediately see that what suits there and here when imbuement began, just plain doesn't now. My alternative cynical theory is that those remaining on the LS - 180 on Anor and 25 on Ithil last I logged in there - are all filthy rich and it's not worth the cost of designing something workable for main servers given LS store sales are carrying the entire game.

  9. #9
    I don't really care about the rank change, is someone really still grinding those years old dailies I mean says something about the LI grind 8 years after gondor release you are still grinding there hahaha
    Makes sense that these changes were made because of the legendary servers, but imagine doing drastic changes to a game because of a server of 25 people im dead

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,095
    One of the consequences to these changes ofc it that those of us who used to make some gold with our Anfalas Scrolls of Empowerment AH deals have lost that revenue stream.

    I kind of believed that those in the market for them had turned their various currencies into gold using the AH and one of those routes was using the store to turn their LP into gold. If they are now all limited to just game grinding given the store pricing structure remains four times the cost of the LP->Gold staple of choice then I imagine that store sales could very well drop as a result.

    If gold no longer gets them out of their grind then they don't need to get the gold.

    We'll find out when the Swedes update their investors in the course time and see where the trends are going.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload