We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by L.Phoenix View Post
    How about rolling back the patch??? Speed isn't everything unless it was absolutely necessary.
    Speed is not important to us as we will be waiting for weeks for something we will never know will come. Note that no words are said about reverting the update, although many players have already requested it. I'm getting out. Good luck to those who stay. As I said 5 days ago, I would report this error and maybe I would come back after a long time, because I knew that it would not be resolved easily. Bye Bye.

Possible work around

Can someone with the error try and run the launcher with the -disablepatch switch. I renamed my patchclient.dll and could duplicate the error. Running the launcher with that switch with misnamed dll allowed the game to load and play without issue.

not getting the error mentioned in the OP, but ever since the update on 1/20/21, this is my issue:

Last week, wife and i were both able to play simultaneously without issue. few days later, we both had the weekly update from 1/20/21 i believe. next time we played, both our computers randomly shut down and rebooted several times, after only playing for a few minutes. after that wife could not even log back in to LOTRO without causing system shutdown and reboot. BTW this is the only game with this issue, we play numerous other graphic heavy games on this machine without issue.

is not virus, should not be hardware either, due to my system plays a variety of other modern games for days without a hiccup, and LOTRO was fine also... until the update.

Fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautic View Post
    Can someone with the error try and run the launcher with the -disablepatch switch. I renamed my patchclient.dll and could duplicate the error. Running the launcher with that switch with misnamed dll allowed the game to load and play without issue.
    logs in, but "error, cannot patch"

Quote Originally Posted by brotherbrian View Post
    not getting the error mentioned in the OP, but ever since the update on 1/20/21, this is my issue:

Last week, wife and i were both able to play simultaneously without issue. few days later, we both had the weekly update from 1/20/21 i believe. next time we played, both our computers randomly shut down and rebooted several times, after only playing for a few minutes. after that wife could not even log back in to LOTRO without causing system shutdown and reboot. BTW this is the only game with this issue, we play numerous other graphic heavy games on this machine without issue.

is not virus, should not be hardware either, due to my system plays a variety of other modern games for days without a hiccup, and LOTRO was fine also... until the update.

Fix this.
    yeah, so this would only work if the game was patched already it seems. Well, hopefully today we get some good news from Zyrca!

Good morning everyone. This was the email I received today from SSG:

Thanks for your feedback.

As you mentioned, this issue has been escalated to the appropriate team for review.

I suggest you keep an eye on the forums and launcher announcements for any updates.

Thank you for your understanding and patience in this matter.

Regards,
    Customer support
    Standing Stone Games

---
    It doesn't mean much, but I liked what they wrote about the laucher. Today Zyrca told me that they have already found the issue that is causing problems in the game. These are the most important things in a situation like this: dialogue and clarification.

Thank you to the folks that sent me diagnostics, we believe that we understand the issue and will be deploying a fix with the patch on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrca View Post
    Thank you to the folks that sent me diagnostics, we believe that we understand the issue and will be deploying a fix with the patch on Thursday.
    Thanks for your work! We'll be waiting!
    ~russian bear~

Thumbs up

Thank you for updating the situation.

Hey, we had an unexpected issue come up while putting together the build for Thursday, and we've had to delay the fix until next week. I do apologize, I really thought we'd be able to get this out there for you all this week.

Tell me something I don't know.

With our work to speed up patching, we did upgrade some of the underlying tech used by the patchclient.dll. Our guess is that there's a new dependency that is not compatible with older Windows. So far, I have not been able to reproduce the issue, so I could use some help from the more technically minded of you. The game installed, patched, and ran for me under Win 7 SP1. (If you don't have SP1, I'd recommend getting it.)

If this is something you are comfortable doing, what I'm looking for is some logs generated by "Process Monitor" when attempting to run the launcher. Process Monitor can be downloaded here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...nloads/procmon

1) Run Procmon.exe
    2) In the 'Process Monitor Filter" window that comes up
    2a) add an entry: "Process Name" "is" "LotroLauncher.exe" "Include"
    2b) Make sure this is the only include filter you have active, click "ok" (exclude filters are fine)
    3) Run LOTRO so that the launcher starts and gets to the point where you get the error
    4) Close the LOTRO launcher
    5) In Process Monitor, choose "File -> Save"
    5a) Choose "All events" and "Native Process Monitor Format (PML)"
    5b) Fill in the Path box with a valid path
    5c) Click "ok" and save the pml file.

Lastly, get the PML file to me. You can PM me if you don't have a convenient way of sharing it, such as Google Drive, One Drive or Dropbox. (Or send me a link via PM)
    Last time.People running Windows xp and windows 7 do NOT get support from MICROSOFT and cannot download from their web site.

Hey, we had an unexpected issue come up while putting together the build for Thursday, and we've had to delay the fix until next week. I do apologize, I really thought we'd be able to get this out there for you all this week.
    Thanks for letting us know. My fingers shall remain tightly crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Galahadh View Post
    Tell me something I don't know.
    More than likely the error is the root of the whole problem that they couldn't find.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Phoenix View Post
    More than likely the error is the root of the whole problem that they couldn't find.

Is this a new update to fix the Patchclient error? I really thought that they would clearly tell this to everyone. I thought they would inform the players on the laucher and tell the cause of a new update and give all the information. I will never wait for anything again when these people mess up the system. This is very humiliating. I knew I couldn't expect anything. I should have taken my own advice. I hope this will end soon, L.Phoenix. This situation was ridiculous. Goodbye everyone.

(XP workaraound) same issue with the patchclient just failing forever ..

with the last patch just stopped working.

File LotroLauncher.log containes :

================

2021.01.28 16:09:50[W] Data Center URL: QUrl( "http://moria.gls.lotro.com/GLS.DataCenterServer/Service.asmx" )

2021.01.28 16:09:56[W] Not installing "vcredist_x86.exe" because this is a 32 bit OS.
    2021.01.28 16:09:56[W] Not installing "vcredist_x64.exe" because this is a 32 bit OS.
    2021.01.28 16:09:56[W] Not installing "VC_redist.x64.exe" because this is a 32 bit OS.
    2021.01.28 16:09:56[W]
    2021.01.28 16:09:56[W] PatchClientDLL::LoadDLL - failed to load library! err: "Cannot load library patchclient: The specified procedure could not be found."

2021.01.28 16:09:56[W] PatchFlow::OnDataCenterUpdated - LoadDLL error - strError: "Failed to load patchclient [Cannot load library patchclient: The specified procedure could not be found.]"
    2021.01.28 16:09:56[C]
    2021.01.28 16:09:56[C] PatchFlow::AdmitFailure
    2021.01.28 16:09:56[C] PatchFlow::AdmitFailure [ "Failed to load patchclient [Cannot load library patchclient: The specified procedure could not be found.]" ]

so need to have this fixed as it has been in the past (with varying delays).

----

I remind the game company that more than a few players still use old systems and old OSs and wont be buyong a new system just to play their game.

That is the root of the problem: compulsive liars.

___

I tried loading the game today after the update and I STILL get the same error, does this happen to anyone else? Do I just need to re-install everything or would it be a waste of time?
    Arkenstone = Gabilturg (Champion - Armsman) Besso (Guardian - Armourer) Fresso (Burglar - Tinker) Cynefrith (Minstrel - Woodsman) Heniadir (Hunter - Historian)
    "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

i still get the same error too (what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by gerodan View Post
    i still get the same error too (what to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXXYMOX View Post
    I tried loading the game today after the update and I STILL get the same error, does this happen to anyone else? Do I just need to re-install everything or would it be a waste of time?
    There is still an hour to go before the update is finished. I hope they solve this or the only solution will be to find a better game to play. There are many problems that are being ignored here and I hate disrespect and indifference. This is the last chance I will give for this game.

Edit: Actually I don't know if there is an hour left, I always get confused with the time zone, but at least they still haven't warned that the worlds have reopened in the laucher. It may still be an hour before they finish or they are late again.
    Last edited by Galahadh; Feb 01 2021 at 02:06 PM.

I still do not understand whether the update was downloaded or not. When starting the game, this error appears again (((((
    ~russian bear~

Quote Originally Posted by Galahadh View Post
    There is still an hour to go before the update is finished. I hope they solve this or the only solution will be to find a better game to play. There are many problems that are being ignored here and I hate disrespect and indifference. This is the last chance I will give for this game.
    I have been seeing posts like this from you (and others), demanding support for the game on an OS that isn't even supported by it's vendor anymore, and in similarly excited tone and extra large typeface, with some degree of amazement.
    Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just possibly, there could be something you could do yourself to solve the issue?

I tried to log into the game today and expected the launcher to download the current patch without a problem. I've had no previous problems on my Windows 7 Professional 64 bit computer that others mentioned previously in this thread.

Instead of loading normally, all I get when I try the launcher is "An update error occured: Failed to load patchclient [Cannot load library patchclient: the specified module could not be found.].

I saw the patch notes for today that stated: "Corrected an issue with the game launcher that was preventing some unpatched Windows 7 and earlier operating systems to not be able to update the game client."

Well this patch had the opposite affect for me. So instead of the patch being a fix for those who had the problem since the last update, it has added to the number of people unable to play the game.

I agree with a previous poster that the download time for installing updates didn't need to be improve so long as we continued to have access to the game. I, like many other VIPs, pay money to SSG and expect the product to work as intended.

Therefore, the "FIX" (patch speed) that was implemented in today's and the previous patch should be rolled back until all of the bugs have been addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirestel View Post
    I still do not understand whether the update was downloaded or not. When starting the game, this error appears again (((((
    We can't login either

Quote Originally Posted by OghranNasty View Post
    I have been seeing posts like this from you (and others), demanding support for the game on an OS that isn't even supported by it's vendor anymore, and in similarly excited tone and extra large typeface, with some degree of amazement.
    Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just possibly, there could be something you could do yourself to solve the issue?
    First of all, there is nothing wrong with older operating systems (OS) such as XP, Vista, 7 or 8. Microsoft ended support for those OS's because they want you to continue purchasing newer OS's so they continue to make money off of those purchases. Just because Microsoft doesn't "support" them doesn't mean they don't work.

Second, it was not Microsoft ending support for those OS's that players can no longer access the game that they love and in most cases pay a subscription for. They, like me, can no longer access the game because of something that SSG did and was no fault of players or their computers, ISPs, etc. The blame is fully with SSG and they need to resolve this in a timely manner.

Third, this game is for many the only game they play and is their only release from stress during this era of COVID lockdowns.

Forth, many of us who play this game are low income or retiree's who don't have the means to update/upgrade/purchase new computers, OS, etc. So it is terrible for you imply that we need to fix this problem by purchasing a new computer with an updated OS.

Finally, SSG pushed a patch that took away access for players. The onus is on SSG to fix the problem that they caused and not on those posting in this forum to solve the issue themselves. Because believe me, I would rather be playing lotro right now than searching the forums for a solution to my inability to patch and log in and posting responses.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast