We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Exclamation Failed to load Patchclient 2021

Hello everyone. Today, after the update, this message appeared: "Failed to load patchclient [Cannot load patchclient from library: The specified module could not be found.]". I tried to log in with another user on the computer, delete the "UserPreferences" file (although it reappeared later), I tried the "Repair Utilities" option (and the installation has simply stopped) and nothing worked. I gave special permission for the game on the Firewall, and nothing. Then I disabled the Firewall, it resolved much less. I think that from what I've seen so far on the forum, no one has a conclusive answer. Does anyone know if this can be resolved over time?
    Last edited by Galahadh; Jan 21 2021 at 10:14 AM.

I'm having the same issue "Failed to load patchclient [Cannot load patchclient from library: The specified module could not be found.]" SSG please fix!!!!!

I'm on Windows 8.1

PLEASE don't make us miss out the whole weekend. Please do something today (Friday). PLEASE!!!
    Last edited by lawnmowerman2008; Jan 22 2021 at 12:30 PM.

Same. I've already tried a repair install as well as a full wipe and fresh install of the LOTRO client, the patcher still hangs up after the data files finish installing.

Where is the "UserPrefences" file?

Quote Originally Posted by Galahadh View Post
    I tried to log in with another user on the computer, delete the "UserPreferences" file (although it reappeared later), I tried the "Repair Utilities" option (and the installation has simply stopped) and nothing worked.
    Hello, I have one question. Where exactly do I find that "UserPreferences" file? In my LOTRO installation folder (in my case it's C:\Program Files (x86)\StandingStoneGames\The Lord of the Rings Online)?

I am asking because since some time a few days ago I have an issue with running the game and it is often recommended to remove this "UserPreferences.config" file from the folder to solve the problem - unfortunately I somehow can't find this file...

Quote Originally Posted by DrakSmak View Post
    Hello, I have one question. Where exactly do I find that "UserPreferences" file? In my LOTRO installation folder (in my case it's C:\Program Files (x86)\StandingStoneGames\The Lord of the Rings Online)?

I am asking because since some time a few days ago I have an issue with running the game and it is often recommended to remove this "UserPreferences.config" file from the folder to solve the problem - unfortunately I somehow can't find this file...
    I can't help with the topic of this thread. My game patched up normally earlier today and is running fine.

On a Mac, you will find the two preferences files here:
    ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/UserPreferences.ini
    ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/UserPreferences64.ini

On a PC, they're in a similar location:
    \My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\UserPreferences.ini
    \My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\UserPreferences64.ini

Deleting those files will wipe your preferences. Some things are stored server-side such as your skill buttons and UI layout for each character but there's a lot in those files. I'd recommend that you move them to another location rather than deleting them. That way you can always restore them later if needed. If you have your game set up just the way you like it, you might find that manually putting all the settings back the way you like them could absorb a lot of time.

I'll also note that the The Lord of the Rings Online folder contains other files for settings including your keybinds and saved layouts and plugins. If you really want to do a completely fresh installation you should move (or delete, but I don't recommend deletion) the entire The Lord of the Rings Online folder.

Cool

Same here, game was working fine until before the update, and now keep getting this error. Checked the older threads and tried some of the solutions from there: checked firewall, started the game as administrator and deleted the userpreferences file but nada

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DrakSmak View Post

Hello. On my computer the file is in the folder: "Lord of The Rings"> "UserPreferences". However, I saw that other people do not have this file on their computer for some unknown reason.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Rhusradicans View Post
    Same. I've already tried a repair install as well as a full wipe and fresh install of the LOTRO client, the patcher still hangs up after the data files finish installing.
    I finished reinstalling the game this morning and when I went to check, the game had the same message and the same error that keeps reloading endlessly.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Hagenti View Post
    Same here, game was working fine until before the update, and now keep getting this error. Checked the older threads and tried some of the solutions from there: checked firewall, started the game as administrator and deleted the userpreferences file but nada

I tried the firewall tip too, I will even add it in my first comment. I gave special permission for the game, and it was no use. Then I disabled the firewall and it didn't work either.

I read that a player reinstalled the game 3 times over the course of a week and only then did the game work again. I will try this. But I really think the only solution is to wait a long time and then check that everything is back to normal, unfortunately.

Hello,

For this issue, please DO NOT delete your userpreferences.ini or use the "repair game data" function of the launcher. Neither of these will resolve this issue.

We updated our patching code with this patch to make patching dat files faster. I need to go dig into what's going wrong, but wanted to let you all know that re-downloading the game won't help :/

One thing that would help me -- what OS are you all using?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrca View Post
    Hello,

For this issue, please DO NOT delete your userpreferences.ini or use the "repair game data" function of the launcher. Neither of these will resolve this issue.

We updated our patching code with this patch to make patching dat files faster. I need to go dig into what's going wrong, but wanted to let you all know that re-downloading the game won't help :/

Hello. My Operating System is Windows 7.

Same here, OS is Win 7.

Hello,

Hello, same problem --> PC + Windows 7
    Thorniol le Solitaire (Fr-Rp)

Also Windows 7.

Question

Hello,

Hello again. I found out after reinstalling the game many times (since I don't know what to do) the file "patchclient.dll".

C: \ Program Files \ StandingStoneGames \ The Lord of the Rings Online \ patchclient.dll

That's how I did it to find the file.

In another old topic I remember that a player reported that just after installing THIS (patchclient.dll) file manually, the game worked again.

So we can assume that for some unknown reason the game has not updated this (and perhaps other files) in our folders, since:

• most files even after reinstallation have last modified date as 2019
    • while other files have the date of installation, in my case, today.

This is a problem?

If this is really the problem, then while the engineering team does not discover the reason why some users do not have their files updated automatically, they should warn on the laucher screen who is not able to play, must update their files manually, and make the files available for download so that players can replace old files, if possible.

This will be my last comment here until an engineer comes up with a solution to the problem. I was doing my final research on this subject and saw this topic:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...lient-log-File

As you can see, the player is trying to solve a problem by himself, another problem that many of the game has, but what caught my attention was that on his computer there is the directory: Library / Logs / com.turbine.lotroclient /PatchClient.log

This folder does not exist on my computer. Remembering that the error in the laucher is in the library. That topic is old, however I wanted to comment on that because maybe it can help. If the solution doesn't come in a few days, I will do as I said: I will uninstall the game and come back after a long time, perhaps, to see if it works again.

I have Windows 7 and the same problem. The game does not load

/toss_hat

So it's confirmed to be affecting (at least) users of Win8.1, Win7, and of course, WinXP. Confirmed: Misery does in fact love company.
    FWIW, update 28.2 was fine.

I'm using Windows XP I know it's super old, but at the moment it's the only option I have, and playing LOTRO is one of the few things I look forward to doing each day.
    Arkenstone = Gabilturg (Champion - Armsman) Besso (Guardian - Armourer) Fresso (Burglar - Tinker) Cynefrith (Minstrel - Woodsman) Heniadir (Hunter - Historian)
    "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXYMOX View Post
    I'm using Windows XP I know it's super old, but at the moment it's the only option I have, and playing LOTRO is one of the few things I look forward to doing each day.
    Stay strong, kindred spirit. From the communications I've had regarding this matter, it does not appear that this was an intentional parting of ways with XP, just a mistake. Hopefully it can/will be fixed, even for us.

With our work to speed up patching, we did upgrade some of the underlying tech used by the patchclient.dll. Our guess is that there's a new dependency that is not compatible with older Windows. So far, I have not been able to reproduce the issue, so I could use some help from the more technically minded of you. The game installed, patched, and ran for me under Win 7 SP1. (If you don't have SP1, I'd recommend getting it.)

If this is something you are comfortable doing, what I'm looking for is some logs generated by "Process Monitor" when attempting to run the launcher. Process Monitor can be downloaded here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...nloads/procmon

1) Run Procmon.exe
    2) In the 'Process Monitor Filter" window that comes up
    2a) add an entry: "Process Name" "is" "LotroLauncher.exe" "Include"
    2b) Make sure this is the only include filter you have active, click "ok" (exclude filters are fine)
    3) Run LOTRO so that the launcher starts and gets to the point where you get the error
    4) Close the LOTRO launcher
    5) In Process Monitor, choose "File -> Save"
    5a) Choose "All events" and "Native Process Monitor Format (PML)"
    5b) Fill in the Path box with a valid path
    5c) Click "ok" and save the pml file.

Lastly, get the PML file to me. You can PM me if you don't have a convenient way of sharing it, such as Google Drive, One Drive or Dropbox. (Or send me a link via PM)

Thumbs up

With our work to speed up patching, we did upgrade some of the underlying tech used by the patchclient.dll. Our guess is that there's a new dependency that is not compatible with older Windows. So far, I have not been able to reproduce the issue, so I could use some help from the more technically minded of you. The game installed, patched, and ran for me under Win 7 SP1. (If you don't have SP1, I'd recommend getting it.)

If this is something you are comfortable doing, what I'm looking for is some logs generated by "Process Monitor" when attempting to run the launcher. Process Monitor can be downloaded here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...nloads/procmon

1) Run Procmon.exe
    2b) Make sure this is the only include filter you have active, click "ok" (exclude filters are fine)
    3) Run LOTRO so that the launcher starts and gets to the point where you get the error

Lastly, get the PML file to me. You can PM me if you don't have a convenient way of sharing it, such as Google Drive, One Drive or Dropbox. (Or send me a link via PM)
    I don't know anything about technical things but I'm going to try it anyway. I'll be back soon.

I came back faster than I would like. I tried to use this program and as soon as it opened the message "unable to load Process Monitor device driver" appeared. Nothing on my computer works as it should. Now I wait for our friends with this problem to try something. If someone can send this file to the engineer, let us know here so we know that it is still worth waiting for a solution. Thanks for the reply Zyrca.

Quote Originally Posted by Galahadh View Post
    I finished reinstalling the game this morning and when I went to check, the game had the same message and the same error that keeps reloading endlessly.
    Same here and I am getting tired of the visual junk still loading everytime I try to log in.

1) Run Procmon.exe

Sorry bub You cant download any patches from microsoft or service pacs.Windows 7 isnt supported anymore.I guess that's you guys way of getting rid of people running windows 7.Can't load process monitor either.
    Last edited by L.Phoenix; Jan 23 2021 at 04:20 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast