We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BadJuju View Post
    Have you been around here for the past 10 years to witness the eternal desolation and neglect of the ettenmoors, or are you new? He alludes to giving you audacity gear, which SSG has kept from you for the last... idk, 5 years? And for this he gets your obsequiousness. There are barterers which still have lvl 65 gear in the moors... cloaks not updates since idk how many years.

These devs are propping this game and putting clothes on it like its a dead corpse...
    Vastin has already put more work into PvP than any developer since I started PvPing (around 95). I appreciate the work he's done, and I hope it's done right (if you read ANY of my other posts). Jumping straight to "obsequiousness" accusations is pretty cruddy of you. Hate SSG, not the Dev who's actually done more in the past 3 months than SSG has done in 6 years (at least).
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

~Rank 14 Warg, Arkenstone~

Quote Originally Posted by Yuzuriha_EN View Post

There's a plan as i could read about bringing PvMP gear, meanwhile, stop trying to ask for nerfs when your are not even geared.
    THIS^^^^^
    "You can't have your Kate and Eat her too!"

Katelia Rk 11 Lm, Peppermintt Rk 12 Warg, Katetastrophe Rk 12 WL, Kateaclysm Rk 15 defiler

Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    Vastin has already put more work into PvP than any developer since I started PvPing (around 95). I appreciate the work he's done, and I hope it's done right (if you read ANY of my other posts). Jumping straight to "obsequiousness" accusations is pretty cruddy of you. Hate SSG, not the Dev who's actually done more in the past 3 months than SSG has done in 6 years (at least).
    You're right about my use of that word and I apologize for it. But even the work that this dev puts into the game is not the bare minimum of what ought to be put into the moors, so I get a bit annoyed, as you can tell, to see any amount of meager work complimented, as if it is enough. I won't personally set foot into the ettenmoors again if I can right click an npc in GV and see lvl 65 gear. Playing this game is the equivalent of riding a bicycle that is rusted from top to bottom, but is too old and storied to be tossed away without regret.

I don't understand how or why such small things can't be addressed, when they have such a huge effect for people. Even the session play stuff in the moors, although not a serious part of pvp experience, will give evidence of the dilapidated state of this game to a new player who clicks it thinking he will be able to follow the quest through (the dps is not enough to dmg anything through their passive regen...). The least they could do, though, is update cloaks and renown/rank gear. I have never in my life played a game where ANY part of it goes unscaled as years go by. LOTRO is not normal... this stuff has clearly become normal for players and they deal with it, but I am here to say that these devs and their game are in a stratosphere of their own. They are a complete anomaly in the gaming industry, and they are the ones responsible for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxes2007 View Post
    So you're thinking of giving freeps another grind and create another gear gap?
    I gladly grind out new gear in PVMP if it means we can get some form of balance there. Nice to have some things to spend on in Ettens as well.

My Feedback: Make Tier 5 Gear less of a grind and more available to players or re-introduction of PvP Gear. Boost Creep overall DPS.
    Ufurz of Arkenstone and Evernight.

Creeps on Arkenstone: Rank 8 Blackarrow, Rank 8 Defiler, Rank 5 Reaver, Rank 4 Warg.
    Creeps on Evernight: Rank 7 Blackarrow, Rank 5 Reaver.

You're right about my use of that word and I apologize for it. But even the work that this dev puts into the game is not the bare minimum of what ought to be put into the moors, so I get a bit annoyed, as you can tell, to see any amount of meager work complimented, as if it is enough. I won't personally set foot into the ettenmoors again if I can right click an npc in GV and see lvl 65 gear. Playing this game is the equivalent of riding a bicycle that is rusted from top to bottom, but is too old and storied to be tossed away without regret.

I don't understand how or why such small things can't be addressed, when they have such a huge effect for people. Even the session play stuff in the moors, although not a serious part of pvp experience, will give evidence of the dilapidated state of this game to a new player who clicks it thinking he will be able to follow the quest through (the dps is not enough to dmg anything through their passive regen...). The least they could do, though, is update cloaks and renown/rank gear. I have never in my life played a game where ANY part of it goes unscaled as years go by. LOTRO is not normal... this stuff has clearly become normal for players and they deal with it, but I am here to say that these devs and their game are in a stratosphere of their own. They are a complete anomaly in the gaming industry, and they are the ones responsible for it.
    Yeah, you make good points. It is really bizarre that the stuff from so many level caps ago (legitimately, what, almost a decade ago?) is still around. LOTRO devs have a bad rep of really not cleaning their room, or even picking stuff off the floor. I hope Vastin is doing the same (and he seems like he is with the readjustment to Creep balance state, as in they can be scaled easier now than before), but we will see.

Even the session play stuff in the moors, although not a serious part of pvp experience, will give evidence of the dilapidated state of this game to a new player who clicks it thinking he will be able to follow the quest through (the dps is not enough to dmg anything through their passive regen...).
    Now that you mentioned it, I almost died to 3 NPC bears while session playing a troll. Maybe one day the troll and the ranger could be used in actual combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalfnick123 View Post
    My Feedback: <cut> Boost Creep overall DPS.
    ??? Are we playing the same game?

Quote Originally Posted by ConsistantRager View Post
    Also Yand and Klungo, your entire raids are composed of people who have sub 300k morale. I know the grind to get gear is annoying but when you look at balance you need to look at people who have done an instance.
    But then how would they lag out the entire the Akrenstone server with 50 Freeps?

The nerfs to defiler and aoe healing have been good for action so far as there is more of a possibility of killing things.
    It's "pre-gear" still so everything is to be taken with a pinch of salt right now, but gear isn't really going to improve Freep DPS that much (if at all) and I regularly see mediocre and even bad (some are even in this thread) Defilers tanking 5-8 Freeps at GV. It's entertaining to watch, but also a little saddening. RKs and Beornings can do this, too, so we have to be realistic, but on the flip-side, tanking 8 Creeps on an RK takes some level of skill, even against terrible Creeps that don't spam Disarm/Silence.

I would say to continue nerfing defilers instant heals, because they are still the highest hps class in the game and the easiest class to heal on. Warleader needs crack the whip to be buffed more and quitters never win. Fun fact, Quitters never win is not even a WL's best healing skill, not after the slight buff they received due to poor scaling. Nerfing defilers good, buffing WLs better!
    I really wish they'd halve the heals of each skill and double the number of skills, and reduce Fell Restoration to 10 second CD. This would drastically improve the skill-ceiling whilst slightly slowing down the total healing output and requiring some more management. Agreed RE Crack the Whip, it's healing far too little for Creep morale pools at current.

Also REMOVE BACKDOORS. Any action that is happening is just people hugging back doors on both sides and denying kills and action. Literally it is a a shuffle to the bd whether you are in the keep or outside it.
    @Vastin PLEASE can you do this? The TA one proves it's possible. Backdoors absolutely slay the action and force shuffles, you create an advantage in a fight and the enemy retreats... Into a backdoor, your advantage is gone and you can't push the keep + a raid of enemies, so your only option is to go elsewhere (where the enemy isn't), or retreat and they'll inevitably shuffle along following you.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddim The Legend View Post
    Now that you mentioned it, I almost died to 3 NPC bears while session playing a troll. Maybe one day the troll and the ranger could be used in actual combat.
    Wait... Those session plays aren't just for roleplaying?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    Wait... Those session plays aren't just for roleplaying?
    They aren't good for that either. Purvellias does a better job at roleplaying with his 200k morale yellow hunter.

rangers and trolls

Yeh, ofc its not top of the list in priorities , which is pvp armor and getting rid of bds. But if trolls and rangers did get buffed They would need 5+ million health to be competitive if not more. Along with crazy mits. Ranger would need to hit for like 800k+ on burst. and troll would need to be hitting 200-300k on each hit of aoe damage to be scary. It would be cool to have them as a thing again because they helped break camps and shuffles.
    Adapting R12 Reaver, Warleader r9 Warleader on Ark Everlastingyawn r9 Defiler Landy Backpedal r9 Warg Brandy
    Arantoth R10 Champion on Ark Elezmera-3 R11 Ministrel on Ark
    Officer of Prime Evil

Yeh, ofc its not top of the list in priorities , which is pvp armor and getting rid of bds. But if trolls and rangers did get buffed They would need 5+ million health to be competitive if not more. Along with crazy mits. Ranger would need to hit for like 800k+ on burst. and troll would need to be hitting 200-300k on each hit of aoe damage to be scary. It would be cool to have them as a thing again because they helped break camps and shuffles.
    Would be really cool to see them useful once again, but think your numbers might be a bit out of whack haha.

5mil morale is probably not enough honestly, given how much they get focused. Troll moreso than ranger, bigger and easier to see.

200-300k per AoE hit might be a little bit much on Freeps unless you're planning on crushing an entire raid solo lol

Oh yeah, and remove Target Forwarding. I don't participate in raids much, but I did last night.

Holy cow, what a stupid mechanic. It's like Steadfast Barrage for the brain. Can't follow Target Assist? No problem! Have zero situational awareness? No problem! Don't have a brain? No problem! All it does is encourage gold-tagging and make RvR even more brain dead than it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    Oh yeah, and remove Target Forwarding.

Holy cow, what a stupid mechanic. It's like Steadfast Barrage for the brain.
    HA. Yes.

God this option is trash. Should 100% be removed in the Moors.

Current state of Moors on Arkenstone. Based on 5 hours of play per day due to unemployement from Covid-19, this is how the situation is 95 percent of the time. The map is full red. Creeps have all 3 delving buffs. GV is camped with BA's and Defilers. No creeps die unless they get one-shot by one-shots.

Reasons why ? 1. Defiler heals are too strong. 2. Creep mits are too high. 3. BA's can 3-shot freeps at 40 meters (dps too high).

Fixes ? 1. Nerf Defiler heals, especially on the move. Nothing worse than a Defiler tanking 6 freeps around a tree or a rock. 2. Even up Audacity among the factions. 3. Even up consumables among factions. 4. Tone down Creeps overall hardiness.

13 years of Moors play, this is the worst it's ever been balance wise. Remember, Creeps have numbers over freeps 90 percent of the time, and outnumbered buff is present 40 percent of the time. Freeps need to be on par with Creeps. Creeps group way more than Freeps do, so groups numbers almost always favor creeps.

In my opinion, Freeps don't need pvp gear, just even up Audacity.

Vastin, please adjust the balance, so we can have actual open map action.

My toons: R15 RK Ohdinh, R15 Hunter Nikieta, R11 RK Gingeraige, R7 LM Warlox, Several Creeps played back at 65 cap.

Fix our bugs please :)

Quote Originally Posted by Fettamir View Post
    Current state of Moors on Arkenstone. Based on 5 hours of play per day due to unemployement from Covid-19, this is how the situation is 95 percent of the time. The map is full red. Creeps have all 3 delving buffs. GV is camped with BA's and Defilers. No creeps die unless they get one-shot by one-shots.

Reasons why ? 1. Defiler heals are too strong. 2. Creep mits are too high. 3. BA's can 3-shot freeps at 40 meters (dps too high).

Fixes ? 1. Nerf Defiler heals, especially on the move. Nothing worse than a Defiler tanking 6 freeps around a tree or a rock. 2. Even up Audacity among the factions. 3. Even up consumables among factions. 4. Tone down Creeps overall hardiness.

13 years of Moors play, this is the worst it's ever been balance wise. Remember, Creeps have numbers over freeps 90 percent of the time, and outnumbered buff is present 40 percent of the time. Freeps need to be on par with Creeps. Creeps group way more than Freeps do, so groups numbers almost always favor creeps.

In my opinion, Freeps don't need pvp gear, just even up Audacity.

Vastin, please adjust the balance, so we can have actual open map action.

My toons: R15 RK Ohdinh, R15 Hunter Nikieta, R11 RK Gingeraige, R7 LM Warlox, Several Creeps played back at 65 cap.
    'Anyways, you need people of intelligence on this sort of... mission... quest ... thing. Well, that rules you out, Pip.' - Meriadoc 'Merry' Brandybuck

Quote Originally Posted by Fettamir View Post
    this is how the situation is 95 percent of the time. The map is full red. Creeps have all 3 delving buffs. GV is camped with BA's and Defilers. No creeps die unless they get one-shot by one-shots.
    This isn't an opinion, this is a fact. Anyone that actually pvps can confirm this.

Quote Originally Posted by lotrohero View Post
    'Anyways, you need people of intelligence on this sort of... mission... quest ... thing. Well, that rules you out, Pip.' - Meriadoc 'Merry' Brandybuck
    Please post the video of you busting up the camp and destroying creeps who aren't total idiots and don't self-nerf themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkiamserious View Post
    This isn't an opinion, this is a fact. Anyone that actually pvps can confirm this.

Please post the video of you busting up the camp and destroying creeps who aren't total idiots and don't self-nerf themselves.

'Hey, Stinker! Don't go getting too far ahead.' - Samwise Gamgee

Now we know one of the bas/defilers who camps GV all day.

Quote Originally Posted by lotrohero View Post
    'Hey, Stinker! Don't go getting too far ahead.' - Samwise Gamgee
    "Throw yourself in next time, and then you will be no further nuisance. Now be quiet!" - Gandalf

"Throw yourself in next time, and then you will be no further nuisance. Now be quiet!" - Gandalf
    'It will be my turn to get angry soon. If you say that again, I shall. Then you will see Gandalf the Grey uncloaked.' - Gandalf

The map was mostly red since like 115. The map is not an indicator of balance only of who groups more. There were gv camp at 115 when all freeps could oneshot. Freeps do not group up like creeps do.
    Adapting R12 Reaver, Warleader r9 Warleader on Ark Everlastingyawn r9 Defiler Landy Backpedal r9 Warg Brandy
    Arantoth R10 Champion on Ark Elezmera-3 R11 Ministrel on Ark
    Officer of Prime Evil

The map was mostly red since like 115. The map is not an indicator of balance only of who groups more. There were gv camp at 115 when all freeps could oneshot. Freeps do not group up like creeps do.
    Certainly the map can indicate imbalance. Obviously, it doesn't necessarily prove anything, but it's silly to suggest it doesn't indicate anything since there are lots of freeps who want the buffs/rez as much as creeps do.

You'll find most of the creeps at the camp are also not grouped. And even when grouped freeps push on ungrouped creeps the dynamic is usually such that the freeps still can't do anything.

And there were also GV camps at120 when burgs were "oneshotting" (they weren't actually) creeps, but burgs would usually die from snares as often as they got a kill and the rest of the freeps were useless to break the camp and mostly just feeding creeps easy points. It was really the same at 130 with the "oneshotting" (they weren't actually) hunters who would get a kill, get called out, and then the creeps would take them out easily.
    Last edited by ithinkiamserious; Jan 25 2021 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalfnick123 View Post
    My Feedback: Make Tier 5 Gear less of a grind and more available to players or re-introduction of PvP Gear. Boost Creep overall DPS.
    There could actually be a "base pvmp" set of armor and jewelery that EVERYONE gets after entering the pvmp area. That should be the foundation of balance in the moors. By "grinding" and highe ranks there should be an option to upgrade this base set.
    This set should be deactivated in PVE -> by doing this set boni that would destroy a PVE raid could balance out the PVP without nerfing MPs.

I have another suggestion. I can only speak for Evernight, but it`s a matter of fact, that freeps are outnumberd every evening. The buff, freeps get in return won`t help a bit, when you have to face double masses of creeps.
    That`s the situation i know since I went from Gwaihir to Evernight almost a year ago. So any balancing in any direction becomes quite obsolete. SSG should reduce the amount of players in the moors and implemate a system to guarantee a BALANCE.
    So no side is able to win the fights just because they have the numbers.
    Nice side effect would be a lag reduce

Quote Originally Posted by Boriandor-1 View Post
    I have another suggestion. I can only speak for Evernight, but it`s a matter of fact, that freeps are outnumberd every evening. The buff, freeps get in return won`t help a bit, when you have to face double masses of creeps.
    That`s the situation i know since I went from Gwaihir to Evernight almost a year ago. So any balancing in any direction becomes quite obsolete. SSG should reduce the amount of players in the moors and implemate a system to guarantee a BALANCE.
    So no side is able to win the fights just because they have the numbers.
    Nice side effect would be a lag reduce
    Why don't they just give freeps a reason to actually PvP. They'll never fix the lag in this game even with less people anyway.
    Telc
    Arkenstone| Shock and Awe | Altria

Arkenstone | Leader of Dark Impulse | Telcely
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

Quote Originally Posted by reverendmaggot View Post
    get some gear.
    translation: go back to pve and grind your way through SSG'S torturous daily lock/bind-on-acquire scheme for months, pleb.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast