We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch Notes up

Quote Originally Posted by wrath247 View Post
    Support. We need either more Wardrobe space (albeit its costly just for 10 spaces, really $8??) they then ought to release a cosmetic carry-all and a cosmetic collection...like honestly is that so difficult? (it probably is given their decisions showing their ineptitude...)

Also full support on housing! Like damn we need another premium house with Gundabad. They better add it now that eg7 is in charge.
    Yes. And carry alls were a major success. And as you mentioned elsewhere, pricing could play a big roll. I know I would surely get more carry alls if they but cheaper really. I gave up on war steeds and their outfits and dyes and such... it is too much, usually being character bound only. They create something and then sort of just left it behind, without really using full potential of it. Market needs to move with times so to say.

Honestly? Yeah that's an issue.

Thing is if the regions were themselves free it wouldn't be a problem. But they are. So the difficulty comes in: how do we keep old content relavant but at the same time not force it on players?

Well this ^^ would normally be the problem but SSG doesn't seem to get with the times. I would personally go for making all of Eriador free, than including the regions like Enedwaith, The Great River, and whatnot into part of the expansions. Then for gondor just bundle it into half HD and half mordor(?) Cos honestly we've moved pass the whole "players pay for unlocks/lvls" phase in gaming.

Rn it's all about cosmetics. Not unlocks.

So the difficulty comes in: how do we keep old content relavant but at the same time not force it on players?
    I go to old areas sometimes to grind for particular housing item or cosmetic. Indeed there is nothing else of use to me sadly, especially now when scrolls are made with level restrictions. What I had in mind is, why bothering to scale some of old instances when there is nothing useful to get from them? That is what bothers me. There is no logic. But if there would be something useful, people would do it. That would keep us more busy also, more locks to burn, more people to involve, etc. We have some very fun instances, old and new, that none will play, because rewards are underwhelming to say the least. People do featured instances for one or two odd scrolls. Have you seen other rewards from those instances? Have you rolled down laughing but then found yourself crying in the end? I did. And yes I don't expect from easy instance to drop something amazing, but also not all so useless. Especially when instance is called Featured. What they feature there exactly, I don't know. I don't think new content would suffer because few old instances would become relevant again. After all, new content also have quite a few underwhelming instances, reward wise. Crafting boxes now obsolete for crafting since they upped again ember boxes :/ Ok, for some comfort, we can craft special scrolls and food from it, at least those having scholar and cook. If we take a look at some comments here and elsewhere, where people mention having not enough content... and world is so beautiful and wast, right? It is because we don't have use of previous content, not even through scaled instances. We got back through Bingo quests for example. Now that was fun for those wanting to revisit old areas but also again, cosmetics! I also remember time when they would unleash mobs on some towns... think last one I took part was in Ost Guruth, and was great fun. Make it fun, or toss some useful reward, or both, and people will do it.

Support. We need either more Wardrobe space (albeit its costly just for 10 spaces, really $8??) they then ought to release a cosmetic carry-all and a cosmetic collection...like honestly is that so difficult? (it probably is given their decisions showing their ineptitude...)

Also full support on housing! Like damn we need another premium house with Gundabad. They better add it now that eg7 is in charge.
    Nope, we don't need more wardrobe space. Wardrobe is what makes the cosmetics in this game too expensive and too difficult to use. Example you like a nice outfit in the store, let's say it costs 295 LP. then you like a cloak to go with it for another 295 LP. You buy it, and then, you need 7 wardrobe slots, so that you can access it on your alts. Wardrobe is a double dip. They need to get rid of wardrobe going forward (for store cosmetics), and provide a cosmetic panel similar to the collections panel if they wish to make store cosmetics work.

They can keep the current wardrobe for in game gear cosmetics.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Nope, we don't need more wardrobe space. Wardrobe is what makes the cosmetics in this game too expensive and too difficult to use. Example you like a nice outfit in the store, let's say it costs 295 LP. then you like a cloak to go with it for another 295 LP. You buy it, and then, you need 7 wardrobe slots, so that you can access it on your alts. Wardrobe is a double dip. They need to get rid of wardrobe going forward (for store cosmetics), and provide a cosmetic panel similar to the collections panel if they wish to make store cosmetics work.

I like your idea of a cosmetic collection panel.

Understandable! Which is why you pay less for more is the solution.

Let's say, $5 for 20 inventory space should be enough below market value.

Cosmetics themselves should also be cheap. I would say at somewhere around $3-4 for a set.

Warsteed (all should be account) will be at $5-$10

I agree though with the collections panel! Makes the most sense over paying for "unlocks". Moving forward we need to reduce prices, make things cheaper because the demand is high but our supply is low (and frankly most of the store cosmetics suck minus steeds but even that is a hit or miss)

So at this point, I'm guessing the Devs are just going to ride their silence through the Weekend?

I'd normally say something like, "hard to believe they're doing this". But of course, that isn't true anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Seregthol View Post
    So at this point, I'm guessing the Devs are just going to ride their silence through the Weekend?

I'd normally say something like, "hard to believe they're doing this". But of course, that isn't true anymore.
    They'll ride it out until they can assess how many people are caving, and buying LI upgrades because of the new restrictions. Short term measurements like that can never be weighed against long term losses though, so, a gamble IMO.

We've should know the first three primates in Arnenna signature picture: See no evil, hear no evil and say no evil. However I'm struggling to identify the last two in reference to SSG communications. Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by Fegefeuer View Post
    I have been thinking and I think it's impossible to revamp this game unless they get a huge amount of money and they work solely in revamp the game for a year or even more. . . .
    Myself and many others paid for things instead of using lp on assumption the more money SSG has the more likely they would be able to address issues of concern to players. This assumption has been proved false over and over and over. Players complained of "micro increase gear spamming" back when FIs started, again in Mordor and on until some were driven to post they would no longer pay cash for expansions when encountering it yet again in Minas Morgul. The only cost to them in delaying gear updates and creating fewer tiers of essences is solvent sales. I'm reasonably confident SSG's Lotro is the only game in mmo history that doesn't give different names to items with different stats. No matter years of reports that same name Doomfold tier med armor shoulders have 4 different stats (might crit and not crit, and agility crit and not crit) this has been not been changed, nor have items with different names and same stats been corrected. Most Minas Ithil recipes apply same name to crit and not crit per course. I had pointed out in Mordor that hunter books and tomes were one of the few things working correctly - in Minas Ithil tier there are only Tomes no matter some are crit fails. They had but to correct the items players had identified for them, and in future tiers put a border on crit successes if creating names was time consuming. Feedback re: classes ignored, ignored, ignored etc etc etc etc. Lack of knowledge of the game + design for store sales is the cause, not lack of money imo as if review the above and other fun sucking SSG initiatives the cost of responding to player feedback is minimal - same cost to rework a class with respect to player feedback as make a hash of it and any one of us paying for purpose of supporting the game could likely have funded the above craft corrections. Giving them money achieves naught but encouraging them to keep on doing what they have been doing. As others have said I too live in dread of their next updates - do you really want this dev team to revamp the game???

Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    We've should know the first three primates in Arnenna signature picture: See no evil, hear no evil and say no evil. However I'm struggling to identify the last two in reference to SSG communications. Any help?
    I read the fourth as: "This is the result???" and the fifth as: "No matter how hard or long I ponder I can't come up with a solution"

Quote Originally Posted by Nonde View Post
    I read the fourth as: "This is the result???" and the fifth as: "No matter how hard or long I ponder I can't come up with a solution"

lol Very good.

Although for me #4 is "If I'm silent long enough, maybe the problem will go away." And #5 is "HOLY DOO DOO, those customers are REALLY mad!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Seregthol View Post
    lol Very good.

Although for me #4 is "If I'm silent long enough, maybe the problem will go away." And #5 is "HOLY DOO DOO, those customers are REALLY mad!!"
    or Holy Doo Doo - I've REALLY done it now!! Sorry more haven't been speculating - it's fun

+1 cosmetics collection panel
    +10 warsteed cosmetics unlocks account-wide
    +100 premium house (Hobbit!)

Priceless: River Hobbit race .
    On Crickhollow: Wenslydale (Hobbit Burglar), Leolwyn (Woman Hunter)
    On Anor, Mithril League: Ardith (Woman Captain)
    Learning to raid on Anor https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...League-Kinship

Understandable! Which is why you pay less for more is the solution.

Let's say, $5 for 20 inventory space should be enough below market value.

Cosmetics themselves should also be cheap. I would say at somewhere around $3-4 for a set.

Warsteed (all should be account) will be at $5-$10

I agree though with the collections panel! Makes the most sense over paying for "unlocks". Moving forward we need to reduce prices, make things cheaper because the demand is high but our supply is low (and frankly most of the store cosmetics suck minus steeds but even that is a hit or miss)
    I am 100x more likely to purchase things that are account-wide. I do not purchase mounts in the store unless they are account wide. $20 for a single character to have a mount is ludicrous. And warsteed cosmetics/dyes are even worse - people have been asking for bulk packages or account-wide packages of those since they came out and its fallen on deaf ears. What I don't understand is why LOTRO doesn't have a cash store anymore - they used to and it had account-wide mount bundles and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooule View Post
    I am 100x more likely to purchase things that are account-wide. I do not purchase mounts in the store unless they are account wide. $20 for a single character to have a mount is ludicrous. And warsteed cosmetics/dyes are even worse - people have been asking for bulk packages or account-wide packages of those since they came out and its fallen on deaf ears. What I don't understand is why LOTRO doesn't have a cash store anymore - they used to and it had account-wide mount bundles and the like.
    When they did the 75% sale on warsteed colors at Yule, I spent a ton of money on them, getting complete sets for four of my characters. Because that was the price I thought they should have been all along. 495LP should be account bound. If they had been the Yule price all along or the 495 account bound, all my characters with warsteeds would get full sets. As it is, I decide on the color of their horse when they get it, and that's it-until the colors go on sale again. And like you, I only buy mounts in the store that are account bound.

Hmmm, great guesses on the first two. Number three though, you got totally wrong. This little fella is a 2 year old demon (at the time, but is about 12 now) from Apenheul. Evil was his middle name. He absolutely terrorised the troop and liked flinging poop everywhere

As for the last two, A Mountain gorilla from Rwanda and a Western Lowland from Cameroon, no comment. I can think of a few though.

Hmmm, great guesses on the first two. Number three though, you got totally wrong. This little fella is a 2 year old demon (at the time, but is about 12 now) from Apenheul. Evil was his middle name. He absolutely terrorised the troop and liked flinging poop everywhere

As for the last two, A Mountain gorilla from Rwanda and a Western Lowland from Cameroon, no comment. I can think of a few though.
    #3: I see the evidence of their poop in the game... but they haven't trolled us on the forums in a long time so "speaks none of their" might apply now.

#3: I see the evidence of their poop in the game... but they haven't trolled us on the forums in a long time so "speaks none of their" might apply now.
    Well, here's some help on the last two for you to draw your conclusions.

Mountain gorillas are a rare breed. They don't roll like all other gorillas, they do things their way, and are very butch about it, given their brawn. They are the largest primate on the planet, and when asked, where do they go, the answer is, wherever they want so get out of their way.

The Western Lowland is the most common of the species. They are deep thinkers and can often be seen reflecting on thought throughout the day. The result, can come over as regrets, depending on rank, but the silverback (like the one in the photograph) never ever admits wrong doing. They do ponder, like all gorillas do, but then they get back up and throw more poop. It's in them from childhood, so number three is a likely silverback of the future.

So from left to right then

See no evil, hear no evil, throw some poop, I'm the Daddy and I can do what I want, and throw some more poop
    Last edited by Arnenna; Jan 24 2021 at 02:31 PM.

I picture paints a thousand words and a good deal of insight.

Thanks for the laugh

. . . They do ponder, like all gorillas do, but then they get back up and throw more poop.
    After years of pondering SSG's decisions . . . . poop throwing party at Orc Watch anyone??

Well, here's some help on the last two for you to draw your conclusions.

Mountain gorillas are a rare breed. They don't roll like all other gorillas, they do things their way, and are very butch about it, given their brawn. They are the largest primate on the planet, and when asked, where do they go, the answer is, wherever they want so get out of their way.

The Western Lowland is the most common of the species. They are deep thinkers and can often be seen reflecting on thought throughout the day. The result, can come over as regrets, depending on rank, but the silverback (like the one in the photograph) never ever admits wrong doing. They do ponder, like all gorillas do, but then they get back up and throw more poop. It's in them from childhood, so number three is a likely silverback of the future.
    Okay, this really ticks me off. I have a degree in Primatology with a specialty in great apes. I studied and worked with gorillas for years. The only gorillas that throw poop are the ones who've gone nuts from being imprisoned in a zoo. They do not throw poop in the wild. Goody, goody, you know sort of know the difference between Mountain and Western Lowland gorillas but you describe them in human terms. They aren't humans and thank the heavens above they aren't! Don't degrade gorillas with your drivel.

Absolutely horrible what they did to the scrolls, they just increased the grind so hard and why????? What was the reason behind level gating scrolls to begin with???????????????????? Just makes zero sense to me. Bring back anfalas scrolls of empowerement.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDuckTape View Post
    Absolutely horrible what they did to the scrolls, they just increased the grind so hard and why????? What was the reason behind level gating scrolls to begin with???????????????????? Just makes zero sense to me. Bring back anfalas scrolls of empowerement.
    And what about the raid?
    Now that we can barter the golden jewels no one wants to raid anymore...
    And their price- 7500 embers each!
    After they cut the embers loot by 50%, and kill the raid, now we got a new long grind in parallel with the scrolls.
    I give it 2-3 weeks till most of the raiders will get at least **two** different sets and than what?
    Even with Anvil gear and BB sets the stats are bloat!
    How much times can we run the same boring, unchallenging, non rewarding instances??
    Even if some of us will find joy in that- how much time we will have until they will obsolete them with new gear so this grind will at least will be worth the time for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Temelnosce View Post
    Okay, this really ticks me off. I have a degree in Primatology with a specialty in great apes. I studied and worked with gorillas for years. The only gorillas that throw poop are the ones who've gone nuts from being imprisoned in a zoo. They do not throw poop in the wild. Goody, goody, you know sort of know the difference between Mountain and Western Lowland gorillas but you describe them in human terms. They aren't humans and thank the heavens above they aren't! Don't degrade gorillas with your drivel.
    Ermmm, Don't get your undies in a twist. Did it even occur to you that I was talking about captive gorillas (Mountain gorilla excluded)? The clue is in the fact I mentioned Apenheul, which is in the Netherlands. Good luck finding a wild Gorilla there. Not all gorillas are imprisoned in zoos either. Take a trip to Limbe, Cameroon and throw in some voluntary work at the rescue centre there, or any number of places in West Africa where these stunning primates would be doomed without the accommodation and specialised breeding programs. The illegal meat trade leaves a lot of casualties and many of them can be transported to other, well maintained rescue facilities with breeding programs elsewhere in the world for rehabilitation and also release (John Aspinall Foundation for example). Without such means, many young gorillas and indeed other great apes wouldn't survive, so please don't degrade those poor souls with your drivel. Wild gorillas do occasionally fling and/or eat their faeces, but yes, I concur it's a behaviour more akin to captive primates. And, I did not state contrary to that. That's all your assumption. I don't have a degree in primatology, but I know how to read without knee-jerking to conclusions.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Jan 25 2021 at 03:55 AM.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast