We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch Notes up

Patch Notes up

So the patch notes are up, and the amounts per quest are listed.

Yeah, you're having a laugh.

https://www.lotro.com/en/content/upd...-release-notes

Most of the quests are weekly. 2 scroll per week, to replace the 7 per day removed.

Nope, just nope.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Jan 19 2021 at 03:26 PM.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

F (char limit)

This update equals SSG IQ which is sadly 28.3 <3

I find the part where one about 1 scroll a day for 50 Host of the West Silver Pieces and 3 a week for 150 Silver Pieces a bigger laugher.
    Why, just why?

The only good parts were the Threshold and Stair barters, weapon titles buffed to 30k mastery and scrolls from Vales of Anduin daily instances.

At least the small reputation accelerators aren't max level 100 to use, though. Right?

I am disappointed at the move to put max rank usage on scrolls and level gating rep tokens.
    We cannot even use the scrolls we get via Dol Amroth, East Gondor/Osgiliath Culverts or Minas Tirith as you are boosted to rank 48 after imbuing.
    Valar boosts you up to rank 52.

We will be taking another look at distribution of Scrolls of Empowerment for a patch in the near future, but we didn't want to hold up the other changes in this patch, especially some of the performance work, and it will be helpful to get some fresh feedback after people engage with these changes for a bit.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We will be taking another look at distribution of Scrolls of Empowerment for a patch in the near future, but we didn't want to hold up the other changes in this patch, especially some of the performance work, and it will be helpful to get some fresh feedback after people engage with these changes for a bit.
    Sorry, I'm not engaging in it. I know the outcome because I can count and add up. The "weekly" earning available after this patch, is lower then the current "daily" earning. No need to test that.

End game days are over for me, and LI's can disappear, I'm staying in low levels - until they get messed up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    So the patch notes are up, and the amounts per quest are listed.

Yeah, you're having a laugh.

<snip>
    Thanks for the heads up.

If by having a laugh you mean feeling a real sense of disappointment and that sinking, hollow feeling of having an aspect of trust in my relationship with the game (and by extension the people who produce it), broken by having something that was working just fine taken away and replaced with something more complicated, less useful and less rewarding, then yeah, I'm having a laugh too.

I'm sorry but the publicly shared reasoning for this max tier capped scroll change is full of holes, and none of the pertinent points I've seen coming up in the forums regarding:
    • the new, much lower daily rate of scroll acquisition
    • considerable extra effort required to unlock deeds/daily/weekly wrappers for the new means to acquire capped scrolls
    • the fact that all these capped scrolls will take up more inventory space due to all the new types
    • for items whose usefulness lifespan (and related content) has been drastically reduced by these artificial tier caps
    • and the fact that content that will provide tier 83 scrolls cant even be purchased by some players, though no fault of their own...

None of this has been addressed. In a situation like this, where I had something that was working just fine, being taken away and replaced by something worse, with none of my, or anyone else's VALID questions and concerns being adequately answered, I find myself wondering what will change next with respect to scrolls. How long before our remaining sources of universally useful scrolls of empowerment are similarly capped and gated behind some rep/daily/weekly restriction or other.
    Last edited by Aoumiel; Jan 19 2021 at 03:50 PM.

Most dire set of changes I've ever seen in any one patch notes. Pretty laughable that they're pressing on with this despite the myriad reasons it's a truly terrible idea.

Sorry, but given we've had nothing but radio silence on this issue for almost a week, despite the many many threads desperately attempting to start a dialogue about it, this statement just sounds like "we want to wait and see if people forget about it in a couple weeks' time". You've had plenty enough feedback already that's been ignored, why should we expect feedback that comes in after the patch to be treated any different? And we still don't have an explanation for why these nerfs are apparently so necessary, and how they somehow make scroll acquisition "more-level appropriate" (as has been pointed out many times, they in fact do the opposite).

When are we going to get some actual honesty on this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Aoumiel View Post
    Thanks for the heads up.

If by having a laugh you mean feeling a real sense of disappointment and that sinking, hollow feeling of having an aspect of trust in my relationship with the game (and by extension the people who produce it), broken by having something that was working just fine taken away and replaced with something more complicated, less useful and less rewarding, then yeah, I'm having a laugh too.

I'm sorry but the publicly shared reasoning for this max tier capped scroll change is full of holes, and none of the pertinent points I've seen coming up in the forums regarding:
    • the new, much lower daily rate of scroll acquisition
    • considerable extra effort required to unlock deeds/daily/weekly wrappers for the new means to acquire capped scrolls
    • the fact that all these capped scrolls will take up more inventory space due to all the new types
    • for items whose usefulness lifespan (and related content) has been drastically reduced by these artificial tier caps
    • and the fact that content that will provide tier 83 scrolls cant even be purchased by some players, though no fault of their own...

None of this has been addressed. In a situation like this, where I had something that that was working just fine, being taken away and replaced by something worse, with none of my, or anyone else's VALID questions and concerns being adequately addressed, I find myself wondering what will change next with respect to scrolls. How long before our remaining sources of universally useful scrolls of empowerment are similarly capped and gated behind some rep/daily/weekly restriction or other.
    I'll hazard a quick guess that the revamp they worked on and didn't like, was probably because it would never have been accepted by the playerbase, because it would have been much worse than what we have today. Now solved my making what we have today, disappear and something really worse take it's place. Then the revamp may look a bit more acceptable if they decide to bring it.

At this point, I'm done, . . . so done, and I really don't care anymore, if they can't be bothered, then neither can I. Pre-level 100 regions it is then. They are way superior anyway.

<snip>

At this point, I'm done, . . . so done, and I really don't care anymore, if they can't be bothered to. Pre-level 100 it is.
    That's how I feel too. Just done.

I only got back into raiding again after a looong hiatus (lvl 75 cap) to get the darn housing items. I must admit I've had a lot of fun up till now getting my various alts up to 130 and raid ready, learning different roles to what I would consider my main role (tanking) but this change will make gearing up further alts or getting another set of LI's for a new spec so. very. painful...

I'm going to stick to decorating/redecorating my houses every now and then with whatever I can get outside of raids and just take a break from character and LI progression. Actually, now it good time to just take a break and see what I've missed in GW2.

What an absolute joke. So glad I cancelled my sub.

I'm glad I'm not the only one outraged.

Are you guys having a laugh??

I'll hazard a quick guess that the revamp they worked on and didn't like, was probably because it would never have been accepted by the playerbase, because it would have been much worse than what we have today. Now solved my making what we have today, disappear and something really worse take it's place. Then the revamp may look a bit more acceptable if they decide to bring it.

At this point, I'm done, . . . so done, and I really don't care anymore, if they can't be bothered, then neither can I. Pre-level 100 regions it is then. They are way superior anyway.
    Just a simple question if I may get an opinion. I’ve already stopped taking chars past 90 for almost 2 years now and have abandoned 14 chars between 100 and 120 due to the LI grind. However, my level capped chars really don’t need any more SoEs so why would I abandon them now?

I play fewer and fewer chars each release so next cap increase I will choose to continue some or not (or just leave Lotro). FYI, as an altoholic, 20 through Mordor, 18 through Ered Luin, 9 through vale’s, 8 through MM, 6 through Limlok, 0 through Elderslade.

Amazed how many players who pretty active on forums don't have full LI, maybe you can spend less time on forum, or step up from MT to next level content?

I'm amazed at how much of an apologist you are instead
    My Lotro blog :)

Absurd changes introduced in the usual zero-communication manner.

I sometimes wonder while reading your posts Elmagor if there are things getting lost in translation or are you really always that needlessly rude.
    Roaming Gladden since 2013

The poster below sums up my feelings and that of many, MANY other players that I know so I'll limit myself to this:

This update is GARBAGE.
    This update offers NOTHING positive for the player-base, just more grind tacked onto a system that brings grind to a whole new level and is universally (and I mean,
    universally) HATED.

HOW MUCH FEEDBACK IS NEEDED (I COUNT FOUR FORUM THREADS 10+ PAGES LONG) BEFORE YOU'LL LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYERS?

Sorry, I'm not engaging in it. I know the outcome because I can count and add up. The "weekly" earning available after this patch, is lower then the current "daily" earning. No need to test that.
    I will not be partaking either, and I will cease purchasing LP until the LI system is revamped.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    The poster below sums up my feelings and that of many, MANY other players that I know so I'll limit myself to this:

This update is GARBAGE.
    This update offers NOTHING positive for the player-base, just more grind tacked onto a system that brings grind to a whole new level and is universally (and I mean,
    universally) HATED.

HOW MUCH FEEDBACK IS NEEDED (I COUNT FOUR FORUM THREADS 10+ PAGES LONG) BEFORE YOU'LL LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYERS?

I will not be partaking either, and I will cease purchasing LP until the LI system is revamped.

While we hoped they would apologize for Three Peaks and fix things, it seems this double down has just become a triple down. Buy the first 'mini expansion' in the history of the game for cash, or get even further rolled over and have your fun ruined by the grind required to ever be any good at end game content.

How long has Three Peaks been out? 3-4 months without even a date set for the LOTRO store? And now it's another year of the LI revamp/fix being put off, and the band-aid being...a sales enforcer for Three Peaks. Not cool.

edit

I'd like to add: Even if Three Peaks got better reviews and was considered to be a lot more content or a lot more fun than I've heard: All of these systems still feel extremely grindy, more so than ever before. And my server's population feels empty most of the time. Where it the incentive for players to re-new their subscription? The only active players I have left are in one of the 3? hard core raiding kins on Landroval. What about it being an MMO?

Just another viewpoint:

I don't really care about the changes. I just checked my vault and I have 64 Anfalas SoE's that I picked up doing deeds and quests and small instances in Mordor Besieged and other areas since the last LI bump. I also use the methods they are not changing to earn more. I find them more enjoyable than the MT dailies. I generally don't worry about grinding to get the stuff I need--I just play what's fun for me and end up getting what I need. The only thing that annoys me about the change is having new lower level SoE's to keep track of.

Not saying my way is "right", just putting in my two cents.

Oh and before you say, "but alts!", I keep 10 130 characters with maxed LI's.

Quote Originally Posted by kudurru1 View Post
    Absurd changes introduced in the usual zero-communication manner.

I sometimes wonder while reading your posts Elmagor if there are things getting lost in translation or are you really always that needlessly rude.
    I just don't like where people keep playing Lotro solo, keep using only 1 source of SoE, and don't want to play with community and get more rewards, relaying only one 1 source. I agree what SSG have horrible decision, but that decision was made because of 2 things: because SSG wants more money, and because SSG want to see you play more. Use not only daily quests, but also weekly quests. They destroy daily quests just because they was so good and they don't notice it for years. Or allow you use them for years.

Why talk about getting fresh feedback when you ignore all the feedback you get in the first place?

This really has become an absolute joke.

What an absolute waste of time, money, and resources that could have been used for other much needed areas of the game as reported extensively by the gaming community here in these forums. There was no need to lock down previously established areas that the players use to acquire Scrolls of Empowerment (SoE). And to state that the reason for doing so, and I quote: "reduce reliance on continuously grinding lower level content" - see Upcoming Changes in Update 28.3 Scrolls of Empowerment and Small Reputation Accelerator Tomes - is just a massive cop-out to force folks to pay money for the latest content if they want to obtain the SoE's they need.

The easier solution would have been to leave the previous content alone (saving on time, money, and resources) and just make the SoE's more readily available in the new content; much easier to implement that than waste the precious time of the coders/game writers (whatever those involved in doing the actual game stuff mechanics are called) in changing things that already were working ok.

Unbelievable!

Arnenna, I couldnt agree more with you!
    Another one bites the dust...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Goonerholic View Post
    Why talk about getting fresh feedback when you ignore all the feedback you get in the first place?

Absolutely!
    Another one bites the dust...

Quote Originally Posted by Goonerholic View Post

Maybe because Cordovan don't read THAT feedback

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast