We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Smile Which tier will players need for the Threshold Raid Jewellry?

Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    First, I wanted to say thank you for all of the detailed and well-thought-out feedback we have been reading.

Regarding Small Reputation Acceleration Tomes bartered from skirmish vendors:
    We will be removing any max level limits on these tomes, but we do want to make the acquired tomes bind. So, after 28.3 Small Reputation Acceleration Tomes bartered from skirmish vendors will be bound to account on acquire (no other changes). We recognize that there are significant reputation ‘grinds’ throughout the game, for example with crafting guilds, where these scrolls are beneficial, and limiting acquisition by player level is not needed in this case.

Regarding Scrolls of Empowerment:
    We really do want to make the process of acquiring these scrolls more varied and more meaningful at a given end-game, but we also want the acquisition process to be appropriate to the level of the content. We'll be fixing a math error quickly discovered by the community regarding how we set tier limits on scrolls from Gondor, which makes them largely useless for Imbued items unless your character is on a Legendary World with a level cap below 115. We also intend to address a gap in available scrolls for solo landscape players at level caps 105, 115, and 120.
    Here are our current 28.3 plans for Scrolls of Empowerment:
    • Scrolls of Empowerment available to barter from the Dol Amroth Quartermaster will cap at max-tier 44 (since this content predates imbuement).
    • Scrolls of Empowerment available to barter from the Rangers of Ithilien Quartermaster will cap at max-tier 59.
    • Scrolls of Empowerment available to barter from Narnaith in Minas Tirith will cap at max-tier 59.
    • Scrolls of Empowerment with a max-tier of 59 will be added to daily and weekly quests on the Quartermaster (Host of the West).
    • Scrolls of Empowerment with a max-tier of 69 will be added to the Restoring the Three Kingdoms quest in Northern Mirkwood.
    • Scrolls of Empowerment with a max-tier of 79 will be added to the Protecting the Beornings, Elves, & Woodmen quests in Vales of Anduin.
    • The quest "March on Gundabad: Additional Steps (Daily)" will award 2 Scrolls of Empowerment with a max-tier cap of 83.
    • The quest "The War Effort: Threats to the Battlefield" will award 3 Scrolls of Empowerment with a max-tier cap of 83.

Regarding Vendors for Threshold Raid Jewellery:
    Yes, we will be adding those (with appropriate deed gating on barter), hopefully in time for 28.3.

Regarding Guardians:
    Class balance is an ongoing process. We know Guardians need some love. We won’t forget, but that isn’t in the cards for 28.3.
    Which tier will players need for the Threshold Raid Jewellry?

Quote Originally Posted by Popey-211 View Post
    Which tier will players need for the Threshold Raid Jewellry?
    T2 with lesser threshold gear, T2 for hardened threshold gear, T3 for gold jewellery

Quote Originally Posted by Daniyel View Post
    I would really like to know asap.
    answer as completely as you're willing to:

-1) is 28.3 going Live On Tuesday Jan 19th? (i expect only SSG can know)
    0) is there going to be another round of Bullroarer for this? (i expect only SSG can know)
    1) is the current plan to retroactively make all Small Reputation Acceleration Tomes purchased PRIOR TO the update going live, Bind-on-acquire? like as soon as the item hits inventory?
    According to the Announcements page, no, they won't change.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...16#post8055316
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

TY. max lvl 100?

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    According to the Announcements page, no, they won't change.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...16#post8055316

ty arnenna for the source URL! the announcement says Rep tomes will be max level 100? i heard a rumour SSG reversed their decision on that thank Eru! can anyone confirm?!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniyel View Post
    ty arnenna for the source URL! the announcement says Rep tomes will be max level 100? i heard a rumour SSG reversed their decision on that thank Eru! can anyone confirm?!
    Confirmed. https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...95#post8055795

Play in PvP, over 2 months of play ... you can trade on the NPC.
    But, you need a subscription ^^

Reputation tome, normal linked to the account I understand SSG ... the players abuse in sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    T2 with lesser threshold gear, T2 for hardened threshold gear, T3 for gold jewellery
    Thanks! Is it direct barter for embers or trade only? I really hope T3 deed is for embers only just like Remm.
    Erendil 50 Hunter Rank 7, Mavellen 45 Warden; Officers of Disciples
    Ragaroth Warleader Rank 7, Marhawk Stalker Rank 5; Members of Cuddle Squad
    Other Characters: Arthilius - Captain, Arthilias - Guardian,
    Claireth - Runekeeper, Harbuckle - Burglar, Lothlirien - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Magnumum View Post
    Play in PvP, over 2 months of play ... you can trade on the NPC.
    But, you need a subscription ^^
    No you don't. Monster play is free and that will earn comms. Not everyone wants to play PvMP though.

I will not be bored to make instances to take 3 scrolls over a week...

It's probably a battle of wills at this point and a bit of a vicious circle. The more players that drop their subs, the more they will try things like this to monestise the game - which will result in even more people dropping their subs - or leaving.
    This is a really interesting point, but if they are playing like this, they will kill the game. But there is a certain percentage of people who will always support. Yesterday in worldchat I was amazed. Lot of people saying that moaners can leave the game so the chat will be quiet. I was really amazed, everyone is seeing people leaving the game, but there are still people saying "if you don't like the game, go away". My prophecy is, in the future, there won't be any people complaining... just because all those players will be gone. There will only remain those who support SSG no matter what (aka, their playerbase target after all, the only players SSG care about). As I said in worldchat yesterday... SSG has 2 options: have thousands of players that spend little amount of money, or have hundreds of players that spend big money. SSG chose the second option.
    Anamura, Sunnarea, Silenius, Neuschwanstein, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Fingaladir, Meowear, Virgilio, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)
    Amilegeth, Wargarr, Shakarabash, Luklubuz, Grishlukashkahkh, Dashkanakh
    "One lag to lag them all and in the lagness lag them"

Quote Originally Posted by Fegefeuer View Post
    This is a really interesting point, but if they are playing like this, they will kill the game. But there is a certain percentage of people who will always support. Yesterday in worldchat I was amazed. Lot of people saying that moaners can leave the game so the chat will be quiet. I was really amazed, everyone is seeing people leaving the game, but there are still people saying "if you don't like the game, go away". My prophecy is, in the future, there won't be any people complaining... just because all those players will be gone. There will only remain those who support SSG no matter what (aka, their playerbase target after all, the only players SSG care about). As I said in worldchat yesterday... SSG has 2 options: have thousands of players that spend little amount of money, or have hundreds of players that spend big money. SSG chose the second option.
    I really don't think it's that. The main focus of any business is customer retention, even the little spenders. Sacrificing those small spenders in favour of a few big spenders is commercial suicide, as will be found out when they are the only customers left and they decide that they don't like something, and it's enough to leave and take their money with them.

When you have 12 people around a table, each holding one potato, if one leaves you still have eleven potatoes. If you have 2 people each holding 6 potatoes and one leaves - half your food is gone.

I really don't think it's that. The main focus of any business is customer retention, even the little spenders. Sacrificing those small spenders in favour of a few big spenders is commercial suicide, as will be found out when they are the only customers left and they decide that they don't like something, and it's enough to leave and take their money with them.

When you have 12 people around a table, each holding one potato, if one leaves you still have eleven potatoes. If you have 2 people each holding 6 potatoes and one leaves - half your food is gone.
    The fact that is business suicide doesn't stop for it being the direction SSG has taken. Maybe for them, it's not suicide, because they know that people who play the game, we do because it's LOTR. It's just like dictatorship, taking the advantage that we are here because it's LOTR. I said it other times, the only reason this game is still alive, it's because it's LOTR. But maybe there will come a day when even if it's LOTR, it will be so much annoying to play that even the most loyal players will quit.
    Anamura, Sunnarea, Silenius, Neuschwanstein, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Fingaladir, Meowear, Virgilio, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)
    Amilegeth, Wargarr, Shakarabash, Luklubuz, Grishlukashkahkh, Dashkanakh
    "One lag to lag them all and in the lagness lag them"

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post
    Thanks! Is it direct barter for embers or trade only? I really hope T3 deed is for embers only just like Remm.
    Right now we don't have barter, but developers hint what barter can open in 28.3. On test server, it was just ember like Remm

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Has it been confirmed they'll even include the jewellery anyone will actually want to barter? I would not be at all surprised if the golds (aka the only reason to do the raid aside from ultra rare relics for a 0.01% DPS/Heal increase) are omitted from barters just like Remm T5 bracelets are, SSG are pretty oblivious when it comes to providing barters that give the player-base things they actually want...
    #15skills

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    Has it been confirmed they'll even include the jewellery anyone will actually want to barter? I would not be at all surprised if the golds (aka the only reason to do the raid aside from ultra rare relics for a 0.01% DPS/Heal increase) are omitted from barters just like Remm T5 bracelets are, SSG are pretty oblivious when it comes to providing barters that give the player-base things they actually want...
    I think it will include gold jewelry because they are set pieces. Remm bracers are a rare T4/T5 drop, perhaps they will add some other rare drop to T4/T5 BT but the gold pieces are considered standard T3 set loot just like the T3 Remm set pieces so I imagine that is the whole purpose of the barter.

If they came out with teal BT bracers as the only option I think people would go crazy

Amdan dammul vendor

If the vendor is added for Amdan Dammul then hopefully it will be a trade barter and not an actual ember for anything kind of barter. Complete t3 (old t2) once and u can just buy everything (except for gold runes obviously) you want without ever stepping foot into it anymore, that's not how the game should go at all. Trading pieces of the same main stat and jewel kind would be great tho. All teals for embers would be good but golds should be trade-able only. A vendor with only teals? I wouldn't be against it as it promotes playing the raid more for golds even tho yeah the rng is really bad, doesn't bother me much as it still gives a reason to play the game but that's SSG's choice to make, im fine with both.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDuckTape View Post
    If the vendor is added for Amdan Dammul then hopefully it will be a trade barter and not an actual ember for anything kind of barter. Complete t3 (old t2) once and u can just buy everything (except for gold runes obviously) you want without ever stepping foot into it anymore, that's not how the game should go at all. Trading pieces of the same main stat and jewel kind would be great tho. All teals for embers would be good but golds should be trade-able only. A vendor with only teals? I wouldn't be against it as it promotes playing the raid more for golds even tho yeah the rng is really bad, doesn't bother me much as it still gives a reason to play the game but that's SSG's choice to make, im fine with both.
    Respectfully disagree here. I would continue to run the raid even if I could barter for gold jewelry directly. If you have finished T3 already you've likely done it many times, to push people to repeat the same two bosses on every alt every week for a small chance to get what they want after they've already been doing it for months is not great gameplay imo. I'd rather use the barterer to scale back how often I have to run BT, use my excess embers to get the pieces I really want, and then go enjoy other elements of this game (PvMP, 3/6 mans, old deeds, Remm, higher tier BT). I would still run BT for the fun of doing a raid, that's the most important part. I do think they should add another bis item to T4/T5 though.

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkiamserious View Post
    Even if you ask for nerfs, it's only the idiots who will complain. Right now the action is dead. Apart from the few who enjoy camping gv for hours, I doubt anyone else, even full time creeps, prefer the moors as it is right now to the action before the creep update. The argument that freeps just want to ezmode is stupid since those same people can just flip over to creepside - as many have already done - and ezmode. And one main difference is those fotm freep ezmoders that were out before the update at least had to grind their gear before they could take the ezstreet, whereas now pretty much anyone who logs in creepside can do it, even with a r0 storebought.

The main question is how do we improve the action? Even if you believe pvp is the most balanced it's ever been, does that really matter if players aren't coming out? If you want this current balance even though it brings with it the fact that there is no action, then you don't really enjoy pvp.
    Action dead just because many people can't buy WotP and SSG just destroy all constant raid teams with such release, because many vital to raid players want to buy Elderslade in first day of release and still can't do it. Only providing Elderslade for LP or changing their politic with publishing updates can change that situation.

Also AD have rewards what you can't get from barter, like LI relics or tirgger essences

We ask for changes to back doors in the Ettenmoors and they change the range on One Shotters in Osgilliath instead. LOL. Is SSG the Federal Government?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12