We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Launcher doesn't load game after login

I have an odd issue since the last update.

My launcher doesn't load the game 9 out of 10 times after logon. There is the loading dot and then it stops. The task (lotroclient) is still running in the background. No black screen or anything, it doesn't crash, but it just stops loading the game.

I never had any issues with the launcher before. My system is untouched since the update, i have already tried repairing the game.

Funny thing is, that DDO - which also needs these ancient library files (VB runtimes, DirectX 9.0c etc.) loads completely normal.

I have tried loading the 32 and 64bit version, no difference.

Any ideas?
    **Lifetime VIP Player** (since 2007)
    Hope dies last, but it dies.

I had an issue that looked similar, and I solved it by choosing logout from the launcher (when you click the "down" arrow in the menu bar of the launcher) and then re-entering my credentials. I have "keep me logged in for 8 hours" activated, but it would look like the server forgot that I am logged in but the launcher still thought I was logged in so the game was unable to start.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

Hello, I may not start a new thread for some reason, how do I contact support about connectivity issues? Especially the game never loading on Steam, and website being banned for some reason for my ISP so I can't open the site and launch the game too?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanide1337 View Post
    Hello, I may not start a new thread for some reason, how do I contact support about connectivity issues? Especially the game never loading on Steam, and website being banned for some reason for my ISP so I can't open the site and launch the game too?
    Sounds like something you need to take up with your ISP. If it's blocking the website & you're having connectivity issues with the game itself, it's almost certainly that the game client is being blocked too somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Morellian View Post
    Sounds like something you need to take up with your ISP. If it's blocking the website & you're having connectivity issues with the game itself, it's almost certainly that the game client is being blocked too somehow.
    Thanks man, contacted ISP already & they said its not on their side but on "website owner's" side so I'm here... lol

Getting in line to connect issues

Hello there! I would like to renew this thread.

I returned to LOTRO after many years last week, created an entirely new account, downloaded the game client, installed it successfully and made it running even though my laptop is really an old one. I then played the game for couple of days without any problems until the problem with logging into the game showed up suddenly.

I always opened the client, chose my server and pushed the Play button, but there was only the line "Getting in line to connect...", nothing else happening, the client still opened. It took me some time until I realized it's not just usual issue with a connecting to the server, googled it and discovered it is quite common problem which happens randomly to some players since at least 2013 and it seems that nobody really knows what it is about. I then tried pretty much all solution which I found on forums and proved helpful to others (simply log out/log in to the launcher again; uncheck "remember me for 8 hours"; just restart the wifi; launch the client as an admin + check "no proxy" in the settings of the client... etc.). Nothing helped.

I only couldn't try one usually adviced and often helpful solution to remove some "UserPreferences.config" file from the LOTRO folder - because I do not have it there. Is it alright, that this file is missing in my current version of installation folder?

Of course I also tried to completely reinstall the game, I did it like threetimes - nothing.

Nevertheless at least on difference from the original state ocurred - it doesn't stuck at the client and trying to connect only, the game starts running, but it gets stuck at the loading screen (the one with Sauron and the Witchking and the loading bar). After that nothing works to shut it down, the task manager never loads and I always have to restart the computer.

Have any of you experienced anything similar to this recently? Can you help me please?