We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 101 to 121 of 121
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddim The Legend View Post

    Warleader:
    Field Promotion
    Damage Reduction has been reduced from 90% to 30%, but will be applied on up to 6 group members.
    The duration of this skill has been increased from 8 seconds to 10 seconds.
    NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! Hope that was clear.
    Freeps asking for MP changes is never good.
    "You can't have your Kate and Eat her too!"

    Katelia Rk 11 Lm, Peppermintt Rk 12 Warg, Katetastrophe Rk 12 WL, Kateaclysm Rk 15 defiler

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate00 View Post
    NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! Hope that was clear.
    Freeps asking for MP changes is never good.
    Field promotion is actually fine where it's at, but it also kind of possibly broken. I've used it a lot on some people and it doesn't seem to really reduce damage a whole lot, at least from what I've been seeing, I honestly haven't really noticed a huge difference with or without it. I could be wrong, but just what I saw.

    WL's I believe deserve at least a small boost in healing, and maybe a 1-5% reduced CD on some of their skills. A small DPS boost wouldn't hurt for them either.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    I think it's been made clear on multiple occasions that specifically nerfing freep skills either FOR or just while IN the moors is not something they are even able to do (outside of blanket nerfs such as the healing/damage reduction on the Bombadil server) / going to do or something that is even on the table. Cleanses are a necessity in PvE content, especially in 3/6mans when you might not always have someone with an AoE cleanse. There is an imbalance because creeps don't have PvE raids to be balanced around, which undoubtedly gives freeps a much larger skill variety thus disparity with Creeps, and that isn't something that is likely to change. However, that being said an AoE Cleanse on WL or Filer wouldn't go amiss.

    I will, however, admit that the +70% muster courage fear resist is a bit out of sorts, however, this doesn't impact WL shouts in the way you are suggesting (as far as I know), the damage of the shouts themselves are not fear damage, which means muster courage cannot resist those attacks, so still scoring a crit with a shout will give you the no-induction buff, the only thing it defends against is the DoT's / Debuffs that linger from the shouts.
    The damage of the shouts is fear based so muster courage directly affects WL shouts. This means WLs can basicly never land their shouts against a group with a captian in it. That is why most WLs have been raging since the change happened during imbuement.
    Adapting R12 Reaver, Warleader r9 Warleader on Ark Everlastingyawn r9 Defiler Landy Backpedal r9 Warg Brandy
    Arantoth R10 Champion on Ark Elezmera-3 R11 Ministrel on Ark
    Officer of Prime Evil

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Vastin View Post
    From what I can tell, there are some fairly serious issues in the Moors with how the 'in combat' state is managed.

    With NPC mobs its relatively straightforwards, you tag mob(s), and you remain in combat until they are all dead, or until they 'leash' and run off.

    With PvMP it's entirely possible for two players to engage each other, and then run to opposite corners of the map still while fighting others or maintaining effects on distant allies/enemies for substantial periods of time. What this does to the 'in combat' and related combat XP tagging systems is clearly messy, and I suspect that 'networks' of in-combat tag lists are being inadvertently maintained for considerable periods of time as a result.

    I don't think there is a short term fix for that, but I can ask our engineers to review the system and see if its possible to clean it up.

    -Vastin
    The in combat state is indeed a mess, but that's not the main issue. It's the addition of healing as a valid contribution outside of a group/raid and the removal of the 80m distance limit.

    Reposting the patch notes from Update 8:



    Fixing the reward system is how you fix PvMP at the core. Without a meaningful progression path for your character and appropriate rewards there's no long term player engagement. Ever since Update 8, your rank means nothing. You earned a unique slayer deed title after playing for years pre Update 8? Doesn't matter, because now there's a Defiler who earned the same title in just a few months of playing after heal tagging people in Grams 24/7 without any meaningful contribution whatsoever. You unlocked your Rank 14 class skill as a creep? Doesn't matter, because there's a Rank 0 Creep who bought the skill in the shop. You want to be competitive as a freep player in the moors? Good luck grinding T3+ raids for gear/essences, maxxing your LIs and virtues. Even if you're willing to do that, there's another soulless grind waiting for you in the Moors, because there are no meaningful rewards.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddim The Legend View Post
    Proposed changes to skills for Monster Play classes
    I'd like to hear other people's opinions as these are just quick ideas and it is very possible, that some or most of these changes would have a negative impact on the gameplay.
    I'm sure of one thing and it is that having a good discussion about the proposed changes, we might come up with something that makes sense and wouldn't ruin PvMP experience.

    Defiler:
    Fungal Spores
    The initial heal has been removed, but the skill no longer requires induction.
    Incoming Healing Modifier has been reduced by 5%.

    Fell Restoration
    The cooldown has been reduced from 30 seconds to 10 seconds.

    Blessing of Darkness
    Defiler will no longer take damage while channelling, but the HoT from this skill has been removed.

    Curse of the Coward's Soul
    This skill can no longer be resisted, but will now have a 50% break chance on any harm/damage after 2 seconds.

    Tenderize
    The application chance has been increased from 25% to 35%.

    Reaver:
    Charge
    The duration has been reduced from 8 seconds to 6 seconds.

    Against the Odds
    When used in combat, this skill will also allow you to use Charge in combat, but for half of its duration (3 seconds).

    Weaver:
    Shadow's Bite
    The skill can no longer be resisted, but will now have a 50% break chance on any harm/damage after 2 seconds.
    Power drain has been removed.

    Tainted Kiss
    The DoT will now tick every 3 seconds for 15 seconds, instead of 30 seconds, but can no longer be removed.

    Piercing Attack
    The DoT will now tick every 3 seconds for 15 seconds, instead of 9 seconds.

    Trapdoor Sanctuary
    Now provides a short 2 seconds immunity to stuns and allows you to summon a Hatchling while the immunity is active, even if in combat.

    Warleader:
    Field Promotion
    Damage Reduction has been reduced from 90% to 30%, but will be applied on up to 6 group members.
    The duration of this skill has been increased from 8 seconds to 10 seconds.

    Black Speech
    The DoT can no longer be removed.
    I don't wanna sound mean but none of these changes identify the problems with each class.

    Reaver: Problem is that it brings nothing to a fight other than burst every 20-25 seconds and nothing else. No cc, no good debuffs, that's why any group would pick a warg over a reaver any day.

    Warleader: Problem is that it has downtime on its healing, due to the fact that it only has 3 real healing skills. That means it cant heal all the time and on top of that the healing skills are incredibly weak for how large creep health bars are now. Also it cannot peel for itself if it gets oathied. They could make bubble self target and that means cappies could not just oathie a WL at the beginning of the fight.

    Blackarrow: Still too much of its damage is contained in snares, and too much of its damage is contained in instant cast damage skills rather than inductions based skills. This means any newb who can hit snares and puncture target can put out a lot of damage with relative ease.

    Spider: The best 1v1 class in the game. The power drain at the moment is over tuned no doubt but in group play it is not very noticeable. This class needs a couple non curable debuffs, so it is worth taking in a group over someone who just does more damage. This class is very good at the moment in terms of 1v1 but in group play is marginal.

    Defiler: needs its healing nerfed. The healing is too strong from its instant cast skills and too weak from the induction skills. Fell resto and fungal bloom should be higher and fertile slime and fungal spores should be cut in half. Also it should have stances so it does not have super high dps and healing in the same line, which makes it unkillable solo. Also not having an incombat rez to get your WL back up.

    Warg: This class needs to have its damage redistributed off bestial claws and onto the other abilities so some rando cannot hit one button and win a fight.

    of course you could break down these problems even more but that is just a fly over few of the major problems on each class.

    None of this matters though until we get freep pvp gear so there is actually action. lol
    Adapting R12 Reaver, Warleader r9 Warleader on Ark Everlastingyawn r9 Defiler Landy Backpedal r9 Warg Brandy
    Arantoth R10 Champion on Ark Elezmera-3 R11 Ministrel on Ark
    Officer of Prime Evil

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindrillion View Post
    Field promotion is actually fine where it's at, but it also kind of possibly broken. I've used it a lot on some people and it doesn't seem to really reduce damage a whole lot, at least from what I've been seeing, I honestly haven't really noticed a huge difference with or without it. I could be wrong, but just what I saw.

    WL's I believe deserve at least a small boost in healing, and maybe a 1-5% reduced CD on some of their skills. A small DPS boost wouldn't hurt for them either.
    Interesting, I have never noticed what you said about the bubble not applying at full strength. However, one thing I did notice is the difference in it's reaction on a very low morale target, so that if your target had 100k out of 1mil morale left, the bubble would show up on your target, but they would still melt down, where if applied at higher health it would be potent pretty much instantly.
    Maybe it has something to do with lag that seems to increase just before someone dies, especially if they have more negative effects on them.

    Now the reason I made the following two suggestions is kind of to make the skills balance each other out, especially in groups. It feels like creep bubbles are kind of… poop... and lack something that would benefit their groups as a whole.
    For example, not to die while trying to save someone, defilers have to have HoTs on themselves, if they don't they will take a lot of damage and could be the next target, in which case they might end up at half morale, increasing their chances of dying. This forces warleaders to burn either their bubble or a rez. Now if a warleader is the first one to die, the fight might just be over, obviously depending on a fight.
    I'm not saying that defilers shouldn't be HoTted up, but there are times where they are forced to apply a quick HoT and instantly apply a bubble to save their target.
    I see warleaders as a class that was made for groups, like captains on freep side and even though they are not captains, they might benefit their whole group with a 30% bubble and leave a single target bubble to defilers, who would no longer take damage while channelling.

    Blessing of Darkness
    Defiler will no longer take damage while channelling, but the HoT from this skill has been removed.

    Field Promotion
    Damage Reduction has been reduced from 90% to 30%, but will be applied on up to 6 group members.
    The duration of this skill has been increased from 8 seconds to 10 seconds.

    Let me know what you think.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by ConsistantRager View Post
    I don't wanna sound mean but none of these changes identify the problems with each class.
    You didn't sound mean at all. I just wanted to throw in some suggestions to hopefully start a discussion and between us all to come up with something good. Obviously any changes have to be discussed carefully and while Vastin is here maybe he will come up with something that we will agree with.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Gramsfoot
    Posts
    1,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Vastin View Post
    Ah, my apologies regarding the aoe healing issues - I didn't realize that healtagging had quite such an obnoxious effect on advancement for creeps, and the posts regarding aoe heal stacking in larger groups are also well founded.

    I'll look at whether it makes sense to change it so that tagging doesn't split Renown/Infamy rewards in the future, and for the time being I'll move most creep AoE heals back to group-only.

    I'm also looking at specifically reducing the base mitigation ratings for creeps, and nudge down the base healing a bit.

    -Vastin
    Lol. We ask you to disable Beorning out of group AOE heals for YEARS. And nothing is done. Freeps cry about WL/Def out of group aoe healing for what, six weeks? And you cowtow to them again.

    Overlord Vargburz + High Chieftan Urukhaithere + Chieftan Thotpatrol + Commander Acidikrevelationz + Liutenant Beelphegor

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendmaggot View Post
    Lol. We ask you to disable Beorning out of group AOE heals for YEARS. And nothing is done. Freeps cry about WL/Def out of group aoe healing for what, six weeks? And you cowtow to them again.
    Creeps do not need it now. Healing is already too strong on creepside from just defilers. Anyway, there are literally 0 good healing beornings in the moors. I can say with complete confidence, no server has a good pvp healing beorning who plays now. Does not matter that the class is busted for pvp since no one can play it lol.
    Adapting R12 Reaver, Warleader r9 Warleader on Ark Everlastingyawn r9 Defiler Landy Backpedal r9 Warg Brandy
    Arantoth R10 Champion on Ark Elezmera-3 R11 Ministrel on Ark
    Officer of Prime Evil

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    I think it's been made clear on multiple occasions that specifically nerfing freep skills either FOR or just while IN the moors is not something they are even able to do
    Has it? Where? I'm not aware of this.

    It's pretty clear to me that once PvP gear/Creep skill/stats adjustments are addressed, that the next micro focus (lag and map would be priorities of the Macro) would need to be on Freep skills, as Freeps have MANY skills that need adjustment for proper Moors balance. Not being able to adjust/bar skills from the Moors would be a very disappointing thing to have confirmed from SSG.

    Quote Originally Posted by Riddim The Legend View Post
    Resistance Boost Corruptions
    +X resistance rating
    3-set bonus: +X resistance rating
    6-set bonus: On every Harmful skill, Targeted at you, 10% chance to Contextual skill that cleanses all harmful effects on self. Does not include Combat states. Expires if out of combat for 9 seconds

    Since creep resistances are already high, maybe the 6-set bonus could be moved to let's say, Tactical Mitigation 3-set bonus. Its cooldown could be reduced to maybe 30 seconds and it would remove 2-3 negative effects?

    I really don't like when things are shifted to Corruptions- like when Creeps complained about Finesse and instead of giving us Finesse, they gave us Finesse corruptions. Screw Corruptions, nerf Corruptions, just give us solutions that don't require picking and choose "Creep essences" that introduces severe variance in PvP encounters.

    Quote Originally Posted by ConsistantRager View Post
    I don't wanna sound mean but none of these changes identify the problems with each class.

    Reaver: Problem is that it brings nothing to a fight other than burst every 20-25 seconds and nothing else. No cc, no good debuffs, that's why any group would pick a warg over a reaver any day.

    Warleader: Problem is that it has downtime on its healing, due to the fact that it only has 3 real healing skills. That means it cant heal all the time and on top of that the healing skills are incredibly weak for how large creep health bars are now. Also it cannot peel for itself if it gets oathied. They could make bubble self target and that means cappies could not just oathie a WL at the beginning of the fight.

    Blackarrow: Still too much of its damage is contained in snares, and too much of its damage is contained in instant cast damage skills rather than inductions based skills. This means any newb who can hit snares and puncture target can put out a lot of damage with relative ease.

    Spider: The best 1v1 class in the game. The power drain at the moment is over tuned no doubt but in group play it is not very noticeable. This class needs a couple non curable debuffs, so it is worth taking in a group over someone who just does more damage. This class is very good at the moment in terms of 1v1 but in group play is marginal.

    Defiler: needs its healing nerfed. The healing is too strong from its instant cast skills and too weak from the induction skills. Fell resto and fungal bloom should be higher and fertile slime and fungal spores should be cut in half. Also it should have stances so it does not have super high dps and healing in the same line, which makes it unkillable solo. Also not having an incombat rez to get your WL back up.

    Warg: This class needs to have its damage redistributed off bestial claws and onto the other abilities so some rando cannot hit one button and win a fight.

    of course you could break down these problems even more but that is just a fly over few of the major problems on each class.

    None of this matters though until we get freep pvp gear so there is actually action. lol
    Agreed with all of this.

    Quote Originally Posted by reverendmaggot View Post
    Lol. We ask you to disable Beorning out of group AOE heals for YEARS. And nothing is done. Freeps cry about WL/Def out of group aoe healing for what, six weeks? And you cowtow to them again.
    This is also the Dev that spent a ton of time revamping Creeps recently and put them into an OP position for the first time in a long, long time (outside of brief periods at start of level cap). Show some gratitude for when SSG and actually does their job- specifically Vastin who's done better work in PvP since I've been playing the game.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

    ~Rank 14 Warg, Arkenstone~

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    I really don't like when things are shifted to Corruptions- like when Creeps complained about Finesse and instead of giving us Finesse, they gave us Finesse corruptions. Screw Corruptions, nerf Corruptions, just give us solutions that don't require picking and choose "Creep essences" that introduces severe variance in PvP encounters.
    The thing is, corruptions are already part of the game, just like essences are. I don't know if they were forced on players or if players asked for them, but they do exist and are a major thing, at least for now. While they exist, even if base stat values were raised and values on corruptions reduced, they should be useful for something.

    Since creeps don't have stats like Vitality, Might etc., corruptions couldn't be adjusted to boost something that freeps would be able to have in terms of simple PvP gear that even if with bonuses, would only add pure stats, so bonuses would be a way for creeps to have something rather simple that they don't have at the moment, at least compared to some freep classes. For example a proc that would allow them to remove a couple or a few negative effects, even if this was a single available proc and having a few trios of corruptions would increase its proc chance or the amount of negative effects removed.
    Last edited by Riddim The Legend; Today at 12:03 PM.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    Has it? Where? I'm not aware of this.

    It's pretty clear to me that once PvP gear/Creep skill/stats adjustments are addressed, that the next micro focus (lag and map would be priorities of the Macro) would need to be on Freep skills, as Freeps have MANY skills that need adjustment for proper Moors balance. Not being able to adjust/bar skills from the Moors would be a very disappointing thing to have confirmed from SSG.
    I could probably find the exact quote if I spent some time digging although I think it's actully a livestream comment - however my understanding from what was said was: Freeps will be balanced around PvE and Creeps will then be balanced around Freeps, so expecting freep skill work becuase of the moors? Unless something is very obviously broken or ridiculously overtuned, not somthing that will happen.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    I could probably find the exact quote if I spent some time digging although I think it's actully a livestream comment - however my understanding from what was said was: Freeps will be balanced around PvE and Creeps will then be balanced around Freeps, so expecting freep skill work becuase of the moors? Unless something is very obviously broken or ridiculously overtuned, not somthing that will happen.
    Ah ok- that sucks to hear. So many things on Freep end (removal skills for one) are balanced heavily for Raid/Questing, and will never be balanced for PvP.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

    ~Rank 14 Warg, Arkenstone~

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddim The Legend View Post
    Regarding healtagging, I liked how another game, ESO has done it. There you must be involved in a fight to get "commendations". You can healtag someone, but if you are not actually fighting, you will not get any points.

    If this was also the case in LotRO, maybe some of the issues with PvMP would be resolved.
    There used to be a mechanic in place where you'd have to be within 80m of a target you or your group killed in order to get the rewards (read points/commendations). This was scrapped with Rohan I think, together with the change in point generation.
    I really wouldn't mind seeing this return as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by CHEBURASHKA View Post
    How is it fair that in group PvP freeps can cure all crucial debuffs and bleeds and creeps cannot?
    How many cleanses do freeps have in group?
    - (mini) Story of Courage – cures 1 effect (2 in yellow line) from each member of the group (10 sec CD)
    - (cappy) Muster Courage – cures 1 effect from each member of the group (10 sec CD)
    - (RK) Scribe a New Ending – cures 4 effects from 1 target (8 sec CD)
    - (hunter) Purge Poison – cures 2 effects from 1 target (5 sec CD)
    - (LM) Knowledge of Cures – cures 3 effects from 1 target (15 sec CD)
    - (bear) Cleanse – cures 3 effects from 1 target (20 sec CD)
    etc.
    How many cleanses do creeps have? 1 pot with 30 sec CD.

    Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that creeps should have the same broken cleanse skills like freeps do. I’m suggesting a big nerf for freep cleanse (in pvp zones) and possibly giving creeps cures of the same value to balance it out (though, I doubt that we’ll see any new skills on creepside).
    A while ago there was a thread about creepside cleansing, which obviously got totally ignored. I'll quote below what I posted there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urundus View Post
    Agreed, you can currently only cure a single effect once every 30 seconds.
    An option could be to have each of the 4 cure pots have a separate cooldown instead of a shared one. So you could cure one of each of the 4 effects every 30 seconds.
    Or have pots cure more than one effect at a time. But I guess you'd have to do all of this for freepside then too.

    Better would be adding cures to creepside skills.
    Adding cure skills to creepside can't be hard and can probably easily be added to already existing skills for a few classes.

    • Reaver: Time-Out, useless defeat response skill that restores a few hundred power. Could be changed into a cure skill and a +resistance buff making it fall in line with the other defeat response skills and giving the reaver a defensive defeat response option.
    • Spider: For spider you could also consider defeat response skills but those might be too high of a rank. Another option could be a new skill at like r6 that would "consume" effects and return venom pips. Would fit the class thematically.
    • BA: Centre, same story as reaver. Power restore skill that's beyond useless. Turn it into a cure and drop it down a few ranks to r6.
    • WL: As the "support" class could probably have a group wide cure added to Purge and a targeted cure to Snap out of it. Would still need a new self cure skill at like r4-5.
    • Warg: Add a self cure to Rallying Howl or on an entirely new skill.
    • Defiler: New spores/slime skill at like r6 which can be used on self or allies. Maybe even an over time effect so it cures 2-3 effects in a series of pulses over time or add that as an enhanced trait at a higher rank.


    I think there's plenty of options out there to make it possible.



    Quote Originally Posted by Riddim The Legend View Post
    Proposed changes to skills for Monster Play classes
    I'd like to hear other people's opinions as these are just quick ideas and it is very possible, that some or most of these changes would have a negative impact on the gameplay.
    I'm sure of one thing and it is that having a good discussion about the proposed changes, we might come up with something that makes sense and wouldn't ruin PvMP experience.

    Reaver:
    Charge
    The duration has been reduced from 8 seconds to 6 seconds.

    Against the Odds
    When used in combat, this skill will also allow you to use Charge in combat, but for half of its duration (3 seconds).
    I'm only going to comment on your reaver suggestions since that is my main. And, no offence, but these are some of the worst suggestions for reaver I have seen in a long time.
    Charge + Gut Punch combo is the only way a reaver can dismount a freep. It's already way way too easy to just ride away on horseback from a reaver. You currently have 8 seconds in total to chase a freep down, get in front of it and hope gut punch lands. And that while charge is only slightly faster than a mounted freep.
    AtO providing a sprint would be terrible. There's already a huge culture of running away when starting to lose. There's too many classes with in combat flee sprints already, don't need another one added to that list.
    If all we should look at fixing AtO's immediate issue and reevaluating the skills it resets since it's currently mainly used for a double DS and little else.

    There's so much stuff for reaver that still could use fixing. This class still brings nothing to the table in group fights other than RNG burst every 20s, and plenty of skills that aren't WAI (resilience/impale/DR/etc.).


    Quote Originally Posted by Daenirion View Post
    The in combat state is indeed a mess, but that's not the main issue. It's the addition of healing as a valid contribution outside of a group/raid and the removal of the 80m distance limit.

    Reposting the patch notes from Update 8:



    Fixing the reward system is how you fix PvMP at the core. Without a meaningful progression path for your character and appropriate rewards there's no long term player engagement. Ever since Update 8, your rank means nothing. You earned a unique slayer deed title after playing for years pre Update 8? Doesn't matter, because now there's a Defiler who earned the same title in just a few months of playing after heal tagging people in Grams 24/7 without any meaningful contribution whatsoever. You unlocked your Rank 14 class skill as a creep? Doesn't matter, because there's a Rank 0 Creep who bought the skill in the shop. You want to be competitive as a freep player in the moors? Good luck grinding T3+ raids for gear/essences, maxxing your LIs and virtues. Even if you're willing to do that, there's another soulless grind waiting for you in the Moors, because there are no meaningful rewards.
    Amen to all of this. I don't really mind about the deeds, but put the 80m range back in place and revert the 10% floor point reward.
    Overlord Urundus
    Cohorts of the Red Legion
    Arkenstone

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddim The Legend View Post
    Interesting, I have never noticed what you said about the bubble not applying at full strength. However, one thing I did notice is the difference in it's reaction on a very low morale target, so that if your target had 100k out of 1mil morale left, the bubble would show up on your target, but they would still melt down, where if applied at higher health it would be potent pretty much instantly.
    Maybe it has something to do with lag that seems to increase just before someone dies, especially if they have more negative effects on them.

    Now the reason I made the following two suggestions is kind of to make the skills balance each other out, especially in groups. It feels like creep bubbles are kind of… poop... and lack something that would benefit their groups as a whole.
    For example, not to die while trying to save someone, defilers have to have HoTs on themselves, if they don't they will take a lot of damage and could be the next target, in which case they might end up at half morale, increasing their chances of dying. This forces warleaders to burn either their bubble or a rez. Now if a warleader is the first one to die, the fight might just be over, obviously depending on a fight.
    I'm not saying that defilers shouldn't be HoTted up, but there are times where they are forced to apply a quick HoT and instantly apply a bubble to save their target.
    I see warleaders as a class that was made for groups, like captains on freep side and even though they are not captains, they might benefit their whole group with a 30% bubble and leave a single target bubble to defilers, who would no longer take damage while channelling.

    Blessing of Darkness
    Defiler will no longer take damage while channelling, but the HoT from this skill has been removed.

    Field Promotion
    Damage Reduction has been reduced from 90% to 30%, but will be applied on up to 6 group members.
    The duration of this skill has been increased from 8 seconds to 10 seconds.

    Let me know what you think.
    Yeah, you're probably right about the lag part or timing issue with the Field Promotion. I do like the idea a lot of it being spread amongst 6 people as apposed to one, though the 8 to 10 second increase would also I think affect the Enhanced Field Promotion trait which increases the duration to 10 seconds already, so that might need to be buffed to 12.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    Ah ok- that sucks to hear. So many things on Freep end (removal skills for one) are balanced heavily for Raid/Questing, and will never be balanced for PvP.
    Of course, but in the grand scheme of things that IS the main focus of the game, so it is as it should be - PvMP has only ever been a side project to them and has been treated as such.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Urundus View Post
    There used to be a mechanic in place where you'd have to be within 80m of a target you or your group killed in order to get the rewards (read points/commendations). This was scrapped with Rohan I think, together with the change in point generation.
    I really wouldn't mind seeing this return as well.
    Yes please.

    Quote Originally Posted by Urundus View Post
    I'm only going to comment on your reaver suggestions since that is my main. And, no offence, but these are some of the worst suggestions for reaver I have seen in a long time.
    Charge + Gut Punch combo is the only way a reaver can dismount a freep. It's already way way too easy to just ride away on horseback from a reaver. You currently have 8 seconds in total to chase a freep down, get in front of it and hope gut punch lands. And that while charge is only slightly faster than a mounted freep.
    AtO providing a sprint would be terrible. There's already a huge culture of running away when starting to lose. There's too many classes with in combat flee sprints already, don't need another one added to that list.
    If all we should look at fixing AtO's immediate issue and re-evaluating the skills it resets since it's currently mainly used for a double DS and little else.

    There's so much stuff for reaver that still could use fixing. This class still brings nothing to the table in group fights other than RNG burst every 20s, and plenty of skills that aren't WAI (resilience/impale/DR/etc.).
    No offence taken, we are just discussing here. Now that you brought up the underlying issues I can see that the suggestion was stupid. To start, I was thinking about reavers that stay in the fight until the last second, specifically thought of you and Mula. The idea was purely for offensive reasons and how being able to have a movement boost in combat could somewhat benefit reavers. I clearly didn't think of the negatives that outweigh the positives as looking at the bigger picture there would be a bunch of reavers fleeing from most fights and that is just one problem.

    Speaking of reaver bugs, wasn't there a resilience bug that would not apply immunity or something else that it should apply, but doesn't?


    Quote Originally Posted by Nindrillion View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right about the lag part or timing issue with the Field Promotion. I do like the idea a lot of it being spread amongst 6 people as apposed to one, though the 8 to 10 second increase would also I think affect the Enhanced Field Promotion trait which increases the duration to 10 seconds already, so that might need to be buffed to 12.
    Or even 12 seconds, since RK's Entwined rock lasts for 20sec and reduces 20% of incoming damage.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindrillion View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right about the lag part or timing issue with the Field Promotion. I do like the idea a lot of it being spread amongst 6 people as apposed to one, though the 8 to 10 second increase would also I think affect the Enhanced Field Promotion trait which increases the duration to 10 seconds already, so that might need to be buffed to 12.
    The current duration of field promotion is 8 seconds. The enhanced field promotion trait adds 7 seconds for a total of 15 seconds.

    Also this would be a bad change. very very very rarely do you have multiple targets in your group going down at the same time. The majority of dps and target calling in this game is single target. Having 5 bubbles on people who are not taking damage anyway is a waste. Its main reason right now is to stop a burst or an oathies, which it does and has done well for almost all of WL existence. It should stay how it is of -90% inc damage st, if anything should change it should be able to be applied on the wl itself like how shield of the Dunedin is on cappy. that way you could keep your only rezzer from dying from an oathies focus.
    Adapting R12 Reaver, Warleader r9 Warleader on Ark Everlastingyawn r9 Defiler Landy Backpedal r9 Warg Brandy
    Arantoth R10 Champion on Ark Elezmera-3 R11 Ministrel on Ark
    Officer of Prime Evil

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddim The Legend View Post

    Speaking of reaver bugs, wasn't there a resilience bug that would not apply immunity or something else that it should apply, but doesn't?

    .

    Resilience can either go on CD with no effect (happens to all immediate skills if you double tap them or these even a slight bit of lag), or you can get the buff and slows still go through the slow immunity. Reaver has quite a few instances of skills just not working
    Lugbur, R11 Reaver ./. Guthfred, R9 Captain ./. Guthblade, R9 Chamption ./. Muzluck, R9 Warg + Various other toons of different rank and class.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddim The Legend View Post
    Speaking of reaver bugs, wasn't there a resilience bug that would not apply immunity or something else that it should apply, but doesn't?
    Yes, so apart from the immediate issue which Lugbur already pointed out here above there's a lot more issues with resilience.

    So the base version of resilience should break any form of CC and then provide 10s of full movement immunity. The first problem is that you won't get the 10s immunity if you use the skill to break CC or slows. So what you do is use this skill as some kind of pre pot early in the fight and hope the immediate bug doesn't strike.
    The next problem is that some slows are able to bypass the immunity, hunter strength slow being the most notorious.

    The enhanced skill provides an additional 5s full CC immunity on top of the things mentioned above. Both immunities start the moment you hit the skill, so it's essentially 5s full CC immunity and 5s slow immunity. Whether or not that is WAI is up for debate.
    The problems with the CC immunity is just like the slow immunity. Will not provide if you use the skill to break either CC or slows and some CC can pass through. You will also not get it if you still have temp stun immunity from being stunned recently.

    TL;DR: Resilience is a CC break that pretty much never works.
    Overlord Urundus
    Cohorts of the Red Legion
    Arkenstone

  21. #121
    This is something Vastin will hopefully look into as from the sound of it, the skill is used to cut animations more often than for what it's suppose to do...

 

 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload