We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    What toon to level up first?

    Hi All,

    I'm sort of new. I played for a bit back in 2012 and recently returned. I was on Windfola so all my old toons are stuck there and am starting over from scratch. So far I have gotten several toons up to around level 20, but really want to focus on moving one through the expansions and levels. I won't be using a valar, so making the wrong choice isn't that big of a deal, but I hate wasting time. My favorite toons so far are a Captain, Warden, and Loremaster. I also have a Burglar, Champion, and Runekeeper. Any thoughts on which one to take through the content first? At some point I'll want to join a kinship and be useful. Thanks for your thoughts.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_One_Dude View Post
    Hi All,

    I'm sort of new. I played for a bit back in 2012 and recently returned. I was on Windfola so all my old toons are stuck there and am starting over from scratch. So far I have gotten several toons up to around level 20, but really want to focus on moving one through the expansions and levels. I won't be using a valar, so making the wrong choice isn't that big of a deal, but I hate wasting time. My favorite toons so far are a Captain, Warden, and Loremaster. I also have a Burglar, Champion, and Runekeeper. Any thoughts on which one to take through the content first? At some point I'll want to join a kinship and be useful. Thanks for your thoughts.
    I'm surprised you didn't choose a hunter. It is the fastest and easiest one to get through the content. Once upon a time the captain was the slowest class to level. It has improved since the class revamp, but it still "feels" slow to many. I've also heard that Wardens and Loremasters are tough classes to master with all of their situational abilities. The other three classes are all nice, but I think the Runekeeper is always a keeper with its ability to be a damage dealer or be a healer in group content.

    However, we always suggest you play the one that you have fun playing with. Every class is a fun class to the right person. Captain, Hunter, and Minstrel will always be my favorite trio.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by WeirdJedi View Post
    I'm surprised you didn't choose a hunter. It is the fastest and easiest one to get through the content. Once upon a time the captain was the slowest class to level. It has improved since the class revamp, but it still "feels" slow to many. I've also heard that Wardens and Loremasters are tough classes to master with all of their situational abilities. The other three classes are all nice, but I think the Runekeeper is always a keeper with its ability to be a damage dealer or be a healer in group content.

    However, we always suggest you play the one that you have fun playing with. Every class is a fun class to the right person. Captain, Hunter, and Minstrel will always be my favorite trio.
    I didn't really like the hunter. Maybe it's because I prefer a challenge? I don't know. My main thing is that I want to be useful later on. So far, I'm really enjoying my Warden, Captain, and Loremaster, so I'll probably go with one of those since I agree about playing what you enjoy. I just didn't know, of the three, which will be most in demand later on.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    744
    It is impossible to know what will be in demand when you reach the end. I imagine in the 2 or 3 years it takes to reach the end with all deeds done, things may have changed.

  5. #5
    Captains and LMs will always be in demand.
    Casinoari - Rank 15 RK - Arkenstone
    Malakorou - Rank 10 Defiler - Arkenstone
    Casithir - Rank 10 RK - Evernight

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouri View Post
    Captains and LMs will always be in demand.
    Thank you. That helps. I'll focus on leveling those and see which I like better.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouri View Post
    Captains and LMs will always be in demand.
    Actually, no. Over the years, I've seen each class be considered "useless" for raiding for periods of time. The cappie wasn't always an overpowered tank. There were times the RK was far preferred to the LM. Things change.

    Start a bunch of toons. Work them through Eriador. See which you like to play. Progress your favorite first. It's a game and there are no absolute answers. Have fun, and that's an order!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by Froyo_K_Baggins View Post
    ...Start a bunch of toons. Work them through Eriador. See which you like to play. Progress your favorite first. It's a game and there are no absolute answers. Have fun, and that's an order!
    Best advice yet! "In-demand" classes for endgame content change like the wind depending on whose numbers are highest. A good kin will find a use for anyone who wants to be useful. Do what you enjoy most

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Froyo_K_Baggins View Post
    Atart a bunch of toons. Work them through Eriador. See which you like to play. Progress your favorite first. It's a game and there are no absolute answers. Have fun, and that's an order!
    If you had read my post, you'd know that's what I'm doing. I just wanted to focus a little and was looking for some advice. Happily, some was given.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload