We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Plan ahead your imbued LIs and early (from someone who didn't)

Most of my toons are at level cap or close to it. Created a beorning and used him as a mule. Then started seeing people make positive comments about the class. I have always wanted a class that can fill all three roles of tank heal or (although less well) DPS. Although I wasn't looking forward to the long slog from 7 to 130... got started a few weeks ago. Now 105 and has pre-imbuement weapon and carving that have the legacies I want and/or I can add them with legacy scrolls on hand.

Here is the thing. This is the first time I have carefully planned ahead. Which weapon with which legacies do I want to have imbued and maxed out by level 130? Which class item? Created a checklist of legacies with codes (simple things like m/M for minor/Major and L for "have that on a decon LI" along with * for "have the scroll" and *** for "it's already on the LI that will be imbued"). All my other toons it was sloppy and haphazard. Like deconstruct an LI for a legacy scroll I already have and/or *not* for a legacy scroll I would want later. Bad planning.*

Saw the thread below about what to do with low level legacy scrolls. Wish I had started planning much sooner. Here's a level 60 legacy scroll I want at level cap... so keep using it on higher level LI... decon... slowly work it from level 60 to 100-130. That process might be unnecessary. But I did end up with "dagnamit I need this legacy and the only scroll in my vault is level 65-95". By level 100 I had plenty of xp runes and could take a level 100 LI to 30+ and decon it for the legacy in a minute or two. Just less efficient.

I am sure many others figured this out years ago. Just wish I had done this sooner with my other toons. Could have saved a ton of Mithril Coins.

*This takes some research. Forums. Lotro websites. Videos. I also sometimes inspected well geared toons and took screenshots of their LIs to see what legacies they use. Sometimes the results are pretty consistent. Sometimes they aren't. Not every endgame player agrees on best legacies for class/role. I think sometimes it comes down to "do you want to grind six-eight LIs for every possible role/scenario? or do you compromise and go with hybrid LIs that are pretty good for two or three different roles?" For beornings there seems to be a lot more consistency.
    Last edited by DarthKeryx; Dec 17 2020 at 06:49 PM.
    Ngaemond 130 Cpt | Ngeowyn 130 Wrd | Ngali 130 Ch | Ngorbadoc 130 Hnt | Ngollwydha 130 Brg | Ngureth 130 Lm | Ngoin 115 Min | | Ngori 130 Rk | Ngalwen 110 Cpt | Ngurin 126 Grd | Ngamarie 116 Cpt | Ngeorn 130 Beo Arkenstone

Hey DarthKeryx

I'm not sure, if i did understand your main question, so if my answer is the wrong, just ignore it.

You asked für imbuement and attributes, if i'm correct.

For first here's a very well guide to two Beorning Setups, Blue and Yellow: https://lotrohq.com/beorning/ - you can get inspiration for the choice of your LIs attributes there

And here's a (in my opinion) well written guide to the imbuement process itself: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ide-2020-(U26)

Araphorn also offers a guide for how to get all the stuff you'll need for playing actual content: https://lotrohq.com/progression-guide/

Quote Originally Posted by DarthKeryx View Post
    ... Although I wasn't looking forward to the long slog from 7 to 130... got started a few weeks ago. Now 105 and has pre-imbuement weapon...
    First off I'll say you're playing a totally different game than me. So perhaps my perspective isn't useful for you. I took me years to hit 105 on a few characters and I have no interest whatsoever in leveling that fast. But it seems that you're not alone...

That being said.....

Quote Originally Posted by DarthKeryx View Post
    ...Saw the thread below about what to do with low level legacy scrolls. Wish I had started planning much sooner. Here's a level 60 legacy scroll I want at level cap... so keep using it on higher level LI... decon... slowly work it from level 60 to 100-130. That process might be unnecessary. But I did end up with "dagnamit I need this legacy and the only scroll in my vault is level 65-95".
    After lvl 95 the legacy scrolls work on lvl 100 items. If you have enough empty LI slots and play thoroughly enough, you can collect the scrolls you want by leveling the unequipped lvl 95+ LI's to lvl 31, deconning them, and keeping the legacy scrolls you want for use when you hit 100. This assumes that you collect LI's along your journey. I never had a need to keep bumping legacy scrolls from lvl 60 to 100...I just used what I got off of lvl 95 or even 100 LIs. And you get heritage runes to help that LI leveling.

This, of course, assumes that you're taking your time leveling from 95 to 100, which I always have. Your mileage sounds like it's different than mine if you went from 10-or-so to 105 in a few weeks. I get it, many folks just want to jump to "end game" but that's not how I roll. I still don't have a lvl 130 character. So back to my first point, sorry if I'm not addressing your issue.

But yes, I agree with you that one can save alot of MC and/or grinding by planning ahead. The first time we were all figuring it out as we went. After 1 or 2 times one can make a plan. That also includes stuff like grinding festivals for crystals at lvl 93 (like I'm doing now) and jumping ahead to Minas Tirith for dailies for scrolls as soon as you hit 100.
    Last edited by Occum; Dec 24 2020 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihria View Post
    For first here's a very well guide to two Beorning Setups, Blue and Yellow: https://lotrohq.com/beorning/ - you can get inspiration for the choice of your LIs attributes there

And here's a (in my opinion) well written guide to the imbuement process itself: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ide-2020-(U26)

Araphorn also offers a guide for how to get all the stuff you'll need for playing actual content: https://lotrohq.com/progression-guide/
    For your reply viel danke! Sorry I didn't notice until today. I did find the Lotrohq.com website and it was my primary reference for planning my Beorning legendaries.
    Ngaemond 130 Cpt | Ngeowyn 130 Wrd | Ngali 130 Ch | Ngorbadoc 130 Hnt | Ngollwydha 130 Brg | Ngureth 130 Lm | Ngoin 115 Min | | Ngori 130 Rk | Ngalwen 110 Cpt | Ngurin 126 Grd | Ngamarie 116 Cpt | Ngeorn 130 Beo Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Occum View Post
    After lvl 95 the legacy scrolls work on lvl 100 items. If you have enough empty LI slots and play thoroughly enough, you can collect the scrolls you want by leveling the unequipped lvl 95+ LI's to lvl 31, deconning them, and keeping the legacy scrolls you want for use when you hit 100. This assumes that you collect LI's along your journey. I never had a need to keep bumping legacy scrolls from lvl 60 to 100...I just used what I got off of lvl 95 or even 100 LIs. And you get heritage runes to help that LI leveling.
    Thanks for your reply. You do a great job of explaining how someone can plan ahead. Even after taking several toons to level 130 this was the first time I did so. Sort of. Did not plan ahead until about level 95 so ended up with a bunch of level 65-95 scrolls.