We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Please put Minas Morgul on sale for Black friday!

C'mon!!! It's not even the most recent expansion!

I have to admit, I was a little surprised too that it's not on sale, and it's already a year old.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Agreed! It's been out for over a year, and it should have the same price reduction as Mordor. Please add Minas Morgul to the sale!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000017a1/01007/signature.png]Jarusador[/charsig]

It's still level cap guys. I can't see it going on sale until the level cap rises.

Yes, it's been out for a long time, but it is still current end game content.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidmeetHal View Post
    I have to admit, I was a little surprised too that it's not on sale, and it's already a year old.
    I will be a little surprised if it have discount. They never make discounts for "year old expansions".

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    I will be a little surprised if it have discount. They never make discounts for "year old expansions".
    They did offer 20% off Mordor in April 2018 and 50% in November 2018. The expansion was released in August 2017 so that happens.

I very much doubt MM will be on sale anytime soon though given the changes they're planning to Lotro Market.
    Roaming Gladden since 2013

Quote Originally Posted by kudurru1 View Post
    They did offer 20% off Mordor in April 2018 and 50% in November 2018. The expansion was released in August 2017 so that happens.

I very much doubt MM will be on sale anytime soon though given the changes they're planning to Lotro Market.
    Yeah, me too.

LOTRO Black Friday Deals!

Older LOTRO Market:

Now until January 9, 2021, Get 50% off:

Mordor Ultimate, Collector’s, and Standard editions
    Helm’s Deep
    Riders of Rohan Base Edition
    Rise of Isengard Base edition
    Mines of Moria
    Siege of Mirkwood
    Quad pack

These items will no longer be available after January 9th. New packages for the older expansions will be available at a future date, but may not include the exact same bonus items, so this is the final opportunity to get these specific packages with their listed bonus items.

The Quad Pack is a good deal assuming you don't already have all the content you want from those expansion packs. It's an amazing bargain at the current sale price, again assuming you don't already have the content.

I'm not surprised at all, Minas Morgul is end game level cap being 130 still, it doesn't need to be on sale yet imo.
    Pontin Level 130 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some Screenshots of Middle-Earth taken over the years, and screenshots of different Cosmetic outfits I've put together.

Well, I was thinking Minas Morgul would be on sale on Black Friday, I was expecting something like "20% to all store"... *sigh*

Heh. We might as well quote what happened in November. Certain Expansions were 85% off - https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articl...k-friday-sales - while Mithril Coins and Quest Packs were 30% off - https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articl...eacon-issue-34.

Minas Morgul wasn't included in the expansion sale last month - https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ober-15th-22nd. I knew there was a good chance that it wasn't going to be part of the Black Friday sale.

But I guess this is nothing new. People are always asking why the latest quest pack isn't included in the "Walk in Frodo's Footsteps" Quest Pack sale.

I thought the version you can buy for cash would be on sale, I played through a chunk of it when it was free, but didn't start on the last area so I'll just buy the quests for points instead - only about 500 short so £5 more buys it, and £15 for War of the Three Peaks and I'm up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    It's still level cap guys. I can't see it going on sale until the level cap rises.

Yes, it's been out for a long time, but it is still current end game content.
    Yeah, but why does that matter? I've never understood that mentality where a company will charge full price for something just because it's end game. War of Three Peaks should be full price because it is the most recent expansion, but Minas Morgul is over a year old. So with the mentality that you pay full price for end game, if they keep the end game at 130 for the next 2-3 years, potentially you'd pay full price for an expansion that is 3-4 years old. We can't assume Gundabad will raise the level cap, so if it doesn't, do you keep Minas Morgul at full price?

With so much choice in where people spend their money to play games, paying full price for an expansion that is over 1 year old doesn't make sense, especially in a time where high profile games on consoles are reduced by half or 75% of original retail value after six months. If we all want LOTRO to be successful and continue to bring in new players, Black Friday sales are a good place to get people to jump in because they've done a great job in making the expansions affordable (especially with many people hurting financially right now), but excluding Minas Morgul because its "end game" is a poor decision because there will be many players like myself who won't spend money on it because there are so many other things that I can play for less than $40. If I'm going to spend over $40+ on a game, then it needs to have just come out.

Minas Morgul doesn't have to be half off each tier like they did for Mordor, but it should still be 25% off each tier. Something such as Ultimate - $97.99 Collectors - $59.99 and Standard - $29.99. I'd reconsider getting it, if there was even a little discount. Come on SSG - add Minas Morgul to the list with at least a partial discount.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000017a1/01007/signature.png]Jarusador[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmooth73 View Post
    Yeah, but why does that matter? I've never understood that mentality where a company will charge full price for something just because it's end game. War of Three Peaks should be full price because it is the most recent expansion, but Minas Morgul is over a year old. So with the mentality that you pay full price for end game, if they keep the end game at 130 for the next 2-3 years, potentially you'd pay full price for an expansion that is 3-4 years old. We can't assume Gundabad will raise the level cap, so if it doesn't, do you keep Minas Morgul at full price?

With so much choice in where people spend their money to play games, paying full price for an expansion that is over 1 year old doesn't make sense, especially in a time where high profile games on consoles are reduced by half or 75% of original retail value after six months. If we all want LOTRO to be successful and continue to bring in new players, Black Friday sales are a good place to get people to jump in because they've done a great job in making the expansions affordable (especially with many people hurting financially right now), but excluding Minas Morgul because its "end game" is a poor decision because there will be many players like myself who won't spend money on it because there are so many other things that I can play for less than $40. If I'm going to spend over $40+ on a game, then it needs to have just come out.

Minas Morgul doesn't have to be half off each tier like they did for Mordor, but it should still be 25% off each tier. Something such as Ultimate - $97.99 Collectors - $59.99 and Standard - $29.99. I'd reconsider getting it, if there was even a little discount. Come on SSG - add Minas Morgul to the list with at least a partial discount.
    This is along the lines of my thinking, too. If they want to start pushing zone content as "mini-expansions" with prices like Three Peaks, they should expect people to consider that the latest paid content expansion. Especially when the pervious has been out a while. Level cap has little to do with that.

And it's on sale:

LOTRO Store Sales: December 3rd - 10th
    The Yuletide Savings Begin!

Week 1 brings you:
    35% off Minas Morgul in the LOTRO Market
    50% off Premium Wallet
    75% off Eriador Bundle
    Now through December 10th!
    Roaming Gladden since 2013

Quote Originally Posted by kudurru1 View Post
    And it's on sale:

LOTRO Store Sales: December 3rd - 10th
    The Yuletide Savings Begin!

Week 1 brings you:
    35% off Minas Morgul in the LOTRO Market
    50% off Premium Wallet
    75% off Eriador Bundle
    Now through December 10th!
    That is fantastic! I will buy the Ultimate bundle and start playing again for a while.