We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    Where'd I say that they must have no defensive support at all? I can find a lot of places where I say that they shouldn't have defensive support on the level of IHW/Shield but can't find the "No defensive support at all" bit.
    You'd certainly prefer it if they didn't

Nice, what're the big chank and yellow guard defensive support abilities again?
    Still not reading the whole sentence are we? and in most cases, specifically defensive support

I mean really I've been going the other way and saying that guard/bear/warden offer "enough" support as is and that's why Captain should be reduced...
    So is it enough? Or is it minimal?

They offer minimal support and that support is primarily in the form of a mitigation debuff to bump damage a bit. They aren't even well implemented debuffs, they basically just force representation as certain classes find themselves being brought for that one debuff first, their own personal DPS/Healing/Tanking/Whateverr second. At best these other tanks dip their toe into performing a secondary role

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    It's not weird at all. SSG deliberately targeted Red-line healing output in an update when they had very strong damage output, survivability, group support and healing. They stated pretty much exactly that in the notes, specifically targeting Red.
    Which makes it weird that they don't target yellow-line a bit when it has strong self healing, survivability, group support and healing. You'd think they'd at least move a bit of the tangential power into some decent aggro-generation, amirite?
    ~ If all classes were equal people would actually have to start playing competently to get into groups ~

Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    You'd certainly prefer it if they didn't
    Ooo, where's that one?

Still not reading the whole sentence are we? and in most cases, specifically defensive support
    In about as many cases as they have offensive support...

So is it enough? Or is it minimal?
    Both. If they're offering major support, why they'd be busted and need nerfs. Someone should make a thread on that topi- oh.
    ~ If all classes were equal people would actually have to start playing competently to get into groups ~

Which makes it weird that they don't target yellow-line a bit when it has strong self healing, survivability, group support and healing. You'd think they'd at least move a bit of the tangential power into some decent aggro-generation, amirite?
    Doesn't seem weird to me, the two lines specifically built around group healing and protection have improved healing.

Either way it doesn't really matter anyway, the devs, designers, the people who make the choices looked at the class and thought Blue and Yellow were fine but Red was a touch too strong on the healing side, this is evidently how they want the class to be or they'd have changed Yellow-line as well.

Also, again, if you played Captain (and you're not wrong RE us having very minimal threat gen) you'd laugh at that statement because the vast majority of our threat-gen outside of taunt threat multipliers is from healing.
    #15skills

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7