We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolamrothdame View Post
    VIPs already get free rent on premium houses, so that's another perk that can be added to the list. Like others have said, I'd like to see the gold hobbit presents upgraded to something decent. I log in on four servers pretty regularly and get the exact same thing lots of times on the silver and gold presents. The extra gold Yule goodies were nice last year, to be sure, but the every day presents are really underwhelming. I'd also be up for mithril or some relief from the LI/essence grind.
    Yeah the Hobbit presents are a damp squib generally but as the gold is VIP - I agree it could change from 90% of the time being coin exchange !!

I have never bothered with premium housing and so I am guessing that you are saying the upkeep is free for VIPs? However what I was eluding to was that as a VIP you can get a premium house included as part of it.... you get given the house and keep it up to the point that you drop the sub and then you get the chance to buy it or it gets foreclosed with your items returned via escrow.

Quote Originally Posted by mithelenthor View Post
    So, as I understand it as a VIP you get the below minus the quests bundled with Expacs....
    [*]Mailbox Field Access!
    Yes, we got this in 2014 I believe.

[*]Custom character portrait frame
    One. I never used it as for me it doesn't look nice compared to others, but never mind

[*] Access All Character Trait Slots
    VIP players have all racial slots unlocked. When no longer VIP, your characters retain all these slots. They can be also purchased.

[*] Daily +100% XP*
    +100% XP for 30% of a level (daily upon login). This can be also purchased.

[*] 500 LOTRO Points per month
    Correct.

[*] Free weekly Gold Hobbit Present
    Yes. I think most will agree that those presents could be better.

[*] Access All Quest Packs and Skirmishes*
    Except for those acquired through expansions.

[*] Access All Monster Classes
    Yes. Both access to Moors and classes can be purchased also.

[*] Unlimited Chat
    This I have to say I'm not sure what it is exactly.

[*] Access All Crafting Guilds
    Yes. This can be purchased also.
    We need better recipes, crafting definitely need to be viable again.

[*] 20 Slots of Shared Wardrobe Space

[*] No 5g Currency Cap

[*] Additional Inventory Slots

[*] Maximum Auction House Listings

So, there is also access to the legendary server and event server. And we don't have to pay upkeep for our houses. And latest Subscriber's Jug and Town Service. If I missed anything else, I hope someone will mention.

The list looks good at glance. But, many of those things will stay unlocked after you no longer have sub, and many can be bought in the store. Hence newer players will have benefits out of it while many long time players got all by time and can just drop the sub. That is why I wrote what can be bought.

So question is what can be done to improve yearly sub... and I won't pretend that I am a smart cookie and know the answer to this I think developers might have a hard time to come up with something. One of the problems is the fact that people on various levels need very different things. Another is the fact that people value or use different things. Like for example I'm rarely in Moors and haven't even stepped onto legendary server and event server. But I surely also do not expect nor want sub to be based on my preferences. Sub have to cover great variety of people. So I think we need to look into something that would be more or less generally desirable. For example store discount for VIP players, ability to buy new area with points right away, mithril coins, reduced grind and such sort of thing. Better weekly presents, perhaps being able to choose between few things. There are many people who also like cosmetics, so some mount or housing deco, avatar frames, outfits and so on. Or alternatively reducing some benefits and giving all content for free. Perhaps someone have other and better ideas hopefully
    Last edited by Mirhaen; Yesterday at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirhaen View Post

One. I never used it as for me it doesn't look nice compared to others, but never mind

VIP players have all racial slots unlocked. When no longer VIP, your characters retain all these slots. They can be also purchased.

Correct.

So, there is also access to the legendary server and event server. And we don't have to pay upkeep for our houses. And latest Subscriber's Jug and Town Service. If I missed anything else, I hope someone will mention.

The list looks good at glance. But, many of those things will stay unlocked after you no longer have sub, and many can be bought in the store. Hence newer players will have benefits out of it while many long time players got all by time and can just drop the sub. That is why I wrote what can be bought.

So question is what can be done to improve yearly sub... and I won't pretend that I am a smart cookie and know the answer to this I think developers might have a hard time to come up with something. One of the problems is the fact that people on various levels need very different things. Another is the fact that people value or use different things. Like for example I'm rarely in Moors and haven't even stepped onto legendary server and event server. But I surely also do not expect nor want sub to be based on my preferences. Sub have to cover great variety of people. So I think we need to look into something that would be more or less generally desirable. For example store discount for VIP players, ability to buy new area with points right away, mithril coins, reduced grind and such sort of thing. Better weekly presents, perhaps being able to choose between few things. There are many people who also like cosmetics, so some mount or housing deco, avatar frames, outfits and so on. Or alternatively reducing some benefits and giving all content for free. Perhaps someone have other and better ideas hopefully
    Hello I liked your discussion and what you came up to! I agree on your proposal (if i think on something to add i'll say it, for now this seems to me very correct ).
    Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirhaen View Post

Correct.

Gold presents, for me, don't come into this. They too can be purchased, and at the rate of one roll per week, very cheaply. Nobody needs to pay a regular monthly sub to access these.
    Unlimited chat is relevant to those who wish to chatter in World unhindered, as message add rate is limited without a sub. However, chatting through messages, kin chat and fellowship channels are not limited.

Free upkeep on Premium houses is only a benefit for players who struggle to generate in game gold. I'm not sure anyone does.

The biggest problem area IMO is the ability for VIPs to buy new release content with their points, but I think it's safe to say that they are moving away from this, and have been since Mordor. It started with just expansions (Mordor and Minas Morgul) and is now reaching further into non expac content. I don't think it will stop there either. They want all players putting money into the game, and as content is the constant here, the thing that every player needs in order to play the game, that is what they will hit.

And that is what will kill the paid sub and lose revenue.

At this point, if that is the road we're on, I think it's a dangerous one, and it would be better to give all players the VIP, and then charge all players for all content. At the very least, they need to allow players to rent parts of VIP, the parts that they benefit from. So, rental to the Moors as one possibility. Those who want it, can rent it per month, and those that don't use it, don't have to pay for something they don't use.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Today at 03:18 AM.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Gold presents, for me, don't come into this. They too can be purchased, and at the rate of one roll per week, very cheaply. Nobody needs to pay a regular monthly sub to access these.
    The hobbit presents were always designed to get people comfortable at clicking something to receive a prize.... this then leads to curiosity about lootbox and we all know that isn't free.
    However, as Gold is bundled in to the VIP I see no reason to remove it but it certainly needs a fresh list of meaningful items as per your level and a guaranteed drop instead of coin. Only then would it become part of the reason to have VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    The biggest problem area IMO is the ability for VIPs to buy new release content with their points, but I think it's safe to say that they are moving away from this, and have been since Mordor. It started with just expansions (Mordor and Minas Morgul) and is now reaching further into non expac content. I don't think it will stop there either. They want all players putting money into the game, and as content is the constant here, the thing that every player needs in order to play the game, that is what they will hit.

And that is what will kill the paid sub and lose revenue.

At this point, if that is the road we're on, I think it's a dangerous one, and it would be better to give all players the VIP, and then charge all players for all content. At the very least, they need to allow players to rent parts of VIP, the parts that they benefit from. So, rental to the Moors as one possibility. Those who want it, can rent it per month, and those that don't use it, don't have to pay for something they don't use.
    I'm not sure I understand your point here? MM and Mordor were Expac right? We always paid for them....

Except the years when they trialled not having expacs, we usually get an expac between Fall and Christmas yes? So, this year they didn't manage to get enough of the big ticket items that usually come with an expac and by that I mean like Mounted Combat or for this year I think they may have been aiming for ILI update or something similar....

But they couldn't come up with the big ticket items due to working from home for the best part of the year and so they release the content that would have been part of the expac and reduce the cost accordingly.

Now that to me is not unreasonable? Or am i missing your point.
    I mean if an ILI update had been included and all the other trappings normally associated with a full blown expac would you then have been happy to pay like normal but at the usual cost of nearly triple the cost of this one?

Or is there two discussions going on here?

1) Value of VIP
    2) Paying for content with cash?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10