We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Severlin Chat reactions

Any? Other than the letdown that we're stuck with 3 peaks as endgame until fall 2021, seemed he didn't say much other than, "yes, that would be nice" or "someday".

First, I appreciated the time both Severlin and Cord put in for this. I was especially glad to see that Cord selected some of the "tough questions" for them to try to answer.

The two most disappointing "answers" to me were:

1. LIs - Even after all these years, apparently they are ( in Severlin's words ) "still looking at what we want to do". I realize its a very complicated issue. But after all this time, the fact that no comprehensive changes have been made on the system that (imo) drives more new players from this game in frustration than any other is unbelievable to me.

2. VIPs - There was some talk about "smaller amounts of content" and "charging less" for them, but nothing definite (that I heard) about what/if any new content going forward is going to be included with the VIP subscription.

I thought it was interesting that they finally acknowledged that the major server outages in the summer were due to "malicious actors" engaging in DDOS attacks, and that there was significant work done to change the architecture of the system to defend against it. (That probably explains why I've seen a permanent 30ms increase in my ping time.)

I asked the question regarding SSG's communication. I found it quite interesting that they both jumped to conclusions about the questions and answered essentially a different question to the one I asked. There are definitely communication issues it seems.

1) I wasn't asking about War of the Three peaks specifically, I was asking about communication in general. Literally every single release comes at a moment's notice. We are not told in advance at all when an update or Legendary Server expansion is coming. We're told the day of, or at best the day before. That's just bad communication and I'd love to see that change.

2) Their policy of not releasing information without a place to put it is silly. They have a place to put it, it's called the OFFICIAL FORUMS!

3) Whilst I really appreciate the difficulty of nailing a date down is harder because everyone is working from home, this has been an issue since the start of the legendary servers (and earlier). This isn't a COVID issue, this is a management issue.

Seriously, I wish this would change. I think it's the single biggest issue around the game and the company.

I almost entirely agree with what other people have said in this thread.

There have been improvements with LIs - maybe I notice them more because i was gone for a while and they all hit me at once when I came back. We can now do relatively current content to get items that enhance LIs - we don't need to endlessly do Dol Amroth and Minas Tirith.

It is a tough issue - on the one hand the system makes the game less and less friendly to alts and it is alts that keep many of us playing - not raids. On the other hand people have put huge amounts of time into their LIs and if a new system replaced them many would be quite upset even if the new system was a lot better. So they do nothing and say nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Narthalion View Post
    First, I appreciated the time both Severlin and Cord put in for this. I was especially glad to see that Cord selected some of the "tough questions" for them to try to answer.

The two most disappointing "answers" to me were:

1. LIs - Even after all these years, apparently they are ( in Severlin's words ) "still looking at what we want to do". I realize its a very complicated issue. But after all this time, the fact that no comprehensive changes have been made on the system that (imo) drives more new players from this game in frustration than any other is unbelievable to me.

2. VIPs - There was some talk about "smaller amounts of content" and "charging less" for them, but nothing definite (that I heard) about what/if any new content going forward is going to be included with the VIP subscription.
    We have many questions on forum, FB, and they decide answer only on questions in twich, It's really disappointing.

At least they answer on question related to summer problems and how they try to fix them. And words about "In the past people before me add some features for VIP what don't go away after VIP expires, and we looking to work on it" looks pretty dangerous for community IMHO. Also I don't like how they avoid on answering why people from Ukraine and different countries can't buy War of Three Peaks, and consider what support still can help them, even after players spend all last month in talks with support, with zero result.

"we can't announce date for update until we create web page related to it" - looks like weak excuse for me. I 100% agree what having page with update info very important, but I don't get why it must be last moment act, and why creating page takes so much time. I still remember how developers create page about anniversary in 2-3 weeks before it, and now we get page about anniversary only during release time, or even after starting event...

They choice small updates in 2021 when they prepearing big update in fall of 2021 - sound like good plan, IMHO War of Three Peaks was too soon, BUT looks like many players don't want to wait for year...
    Last edited by Elmagor; Nov 18 2020 at 08:46 PM.

The entire interview Sev said a lot while telling us next to nothing. It's also pretty obvious that Cord had a checklist of subjects to go over, which isn't exactly a bad thing, but makes the lack of new information all the more jarring.

Well, who knows what goes on there. They are looking for a producer for LOTRO. Maybe thats a good sign, maybe not.

I agree that it was great that Cord didn't skirt some of the tougher questions, which I suspect he was happy to do since it was Severlin who actually had to field them.

Overall I thought it was a big improvement on the dearth of communication. Not all of the answers held up to scrutiny (aforementioned not releasing Three Peaks info because the new website wasn't ready), but I appreciate how forthcoming they were about their hopes and plans for the future. I imagine we'll get a lot of that info in the Producer's Letter as well.

In particular, I'm very excited about the prospect of a level-agnostic Lost Tales update that will follow up/close out some lingering storylines. There are so many characters I got attached to over the years and it will be great to check in and see how they're doing now that the War is over, hopefully with some much better off than we left them. Incidentally, I also think it's a prime opportunity to address the Mounted Combat question that was raised, since so much of Rohan's leadership is now in question and they can make optional new MC instances/missions for those that want an updated throwback experience where it was meant to be!

I remain dubious at the prospect of the new Brawler class and the work that will entail, but the mention of it using new mechanics does interest me in how it could enrich other classes skills as well. And as long as we're not talking about yet another build/spend class (champ/hunter/rk/beorning//fervour/focus/attunement/wrath), I'm sure I'll end up giving it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxes2007 View Post
    Any? Other than the letdown that we're stuck with 3 peaks as endgame until fall 2021, seemed he didn't say much other than, "yes, that would be nice" or "someday".
    I saw the summary on one of those MMO blogs but haven't listened to the interview myself yet.

From the summary, it seemed like a lot of great questions and the same disappointing answer: "no plans to do anything here"

One thing I am pleased to hear is that Gundabad is getting delayed. I was worried all of our gear and progress was going to become obsolete early in CY21.
    Erendil 50 Hunter Rank 7, Mavellen 45 Warden; Officers of Disciples
    Ragaroth Warleader Rank 7, Marhawk Stalker Rank 5; Members of Cuddle Squad
    Other Characters: Arthilius - Captain, Arthilias - Guardian,
    Claireth - Runekeeper, Harbuckle - Burglar, Lothlirien - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxes2007 View Post
    I watched it live & was trying to ask so I may need to rewatch more calmly but regarding your point here, that is not technically what I remember hearing. Yes, the Gundabad expansion is delayed till Fall 2021 but he said the idea is to have smaller, more frequent content releases:

1. A non-max level area (my bet: "The Wildwoods of Breeland", the current lvl 40-50 inaccesible area between Bree-Evendim-ND, due to a few items found in the Wo3P BR builds)
    2. The "Lost Tales" lvl agnostic content
    3. Another endgame area - maybe with a raid + instance - (according to Cord, one with a Khuzdul name he couldn't recall). Maybe following the map up north from Tar Bronach?

Wish we had more details about any / all these 3 future releases. It was great to have this exchange even if chat was going way too fast. Hope it happens more often.

Also, they said Brawler may come before or with Gundabad & they made references to new mechanics, particle effects / animations for it.
    Laergwend (Mini) - Gladden dweller!
    Laergwend (Mini) - officer of The Secret Fire - Anor
    RIP Ithil
    Nov, 8 2018 - May, 21 2020

Quote Originally Posted by istvana View Post
    I almost entirely agree with what other people have said in this thread.

There have been improvements with LIs - maybe I notice them more because i was gone for a while and they all hit me at once when I came back. We can now do relatively current content to get items that enhance LIs - we don't need to endlessly do Dol Amroth and Minas Tirith.

It is a tough issue - on the one hand the system makes the game less and less friendly to alts and it is alts that keep many of us playing - not raids. On the other hand people have put huge amounts of time into their LIs and if a new system replaced them many would be quite upset even if the new system was a lot better. So they do nothing and say nothing.
    Not a tough issue at all. Up to imbuement the LI was always replaced and part of the reset. I don't understand why since imbuement the work players have put into the LI is worth such consideration. The easiest way in my opinion is to make the mote caps free and keep the distance with every increase. That way the ILI really grows with new characters and there is still a ways to go to cap.

To put the advancement of something that is to stay with us forever behind a heavy grind no matter where is just a bad decision since most characters are just questing through regions. I might grind on my main but most certainly not on every character. That also means that newer characters will stay at the gate of Mordor since questing through there with free level ILIs might be impossible. I most certainly will not try.

If I could say one thing to Severlin after watching the stream, and meshing that with some of Cordovan's comments during last summers outages and during the 3 Peaks fiasco I'd say this because Sev said in many ways multiple times that he doesn't trust his player base/customers to be rational. I'd say:

We're rational. We've proven over and over over the years for example, that if it's between Turbine/SSG meeting an announced delivery date, or pulling it back because the release is buggy, we've consistently sided with pulling it back, and that we understand that dates slip. We understand development and that things change. That some ideas seem awesome but later on get discarded. Part of being a mature adult involves recognizing the fact that the world can't always be consistent and we're not going to roast you over every little thing you say that you might have to go back on. So be more forthcoming instead. Treat us like allies, not adversaries. Generate excitement for the future of the game by letting us in on it's future. Partner with us, not dictate to us. More information is always better.

That's not to say you won't get criticized or flamed on occasion. But so what? Online criticism is vaporware. It comes and it goes and it doesn't follow you home. And if you don't believe me, look at it this way... LOTRO has been vehemently criticized for over a decade for the LI system. Players rail against it in every medium in existence. They've quit the game over it by the hundreds, thousands. And yet you still weather that storm. So if telling us a bit about the brawler that may change later pisses off some incel to the point of putting you on blast on facebook over it, isn't that just a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of vitriol and lost dollars you've weathered due to LI's.

C'mon man, you sound like you're afraid of us. It's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post
    I saw the summary on one of those MMO blogs but haven't listened to the interview myself yet.
    Could you share the link, please? Don't have time and desire to watch the whole thing, but really appreciate full summary )
    Neere - Hunter - Laurelin [EN-RP] - Carne Hosse

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    So they know who was responsible? Cool. Is that person in jail now for his clearly criminal activities? I assume a lawsuit is underway to recover the millions of dollars in damages.
    Sorry, I think I misspoke.
    I'm not saying that poster is the one of them, but someone they know was.

I found the answers on VIP the most disappointing of all, even more so than the wait for an LI upgrade.

All that talk about what the VIP sub gets to keep when dropped and how they need to make a full list of advantages. And a maybe hint to addressing that? That there is some very muddy waters.

I hope they make that list, and then they will actually see, just how much is not kept, compared to what is. I could list it all here, but I've done that in too many threads already over the years.

It sounded a lot to me like content is going to be scrubbed from the VIP list, and going on many responses on the stream that I saw, there are plenty of others that feel the same way about the SSG official response to the question.

I was also a bit disappointed that they missed the question about sorting out the lengthy times involved with handing in missions. This is supposed to be their shiny new thing. Words like missions should have been sought out and dealt with promptly IMO. I'm not sure what confidence I can possibly have on future new shiny things, when they miss things so relevant to a latest release, on a QA taking place very soon after that release.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Nov 19 2020 at 03:07 AM.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Having in mind their history, most of the declarations are scary.

- Examine VIP benefits when it expires: what are you going to do, remove swift travel permanency and character traits? That's basically the only reason i get 1 month vip when I create new alts. You remove that from being permanent, and I'll just play hunter and will never create more alts lmao. Slap in the face for new players too, but who cares about new players nowadays?

- More content between expansions: this would have been great in the past when we got good quest packs for 795 LPS each, but what are you going to do now, release a miniexpansion every 3 months and sell it for 2000 LPS when it arrives to the store? Lmao. The price for wilderland and Elderslade in the store is robbery, you create instances only to inflate the price, how can you sell wilder land for 1300 lp just because it has a pathetic 3man of a single boss? And Elderslade same price as far anorien is laughable.

Only good thing I see is that they are delaying LI revamp. I prefer not to think in how they will revamp that.
    Anamura, Sunnarea, Silenius, Neuschwanstein, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Fingaladir, Meowear, Virgilio, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)
    Amilegeth, Wargarr, Shakarabash, Luklubuz, Grishlukashkahkh, Dashkanakh
    "One lag to lag them all and in the lagness lag them"

Tampering with the benefits VIPs get to keep would be the surest way to annoy and disahearten the player base even more than the outages and 'mini expansion' did. So please don't. There didn't seem to be any understanding that the main reason players think a VIP sub lacks now is because VIPs lost Three Peaks as free content. Address this rather than pointing the finger at perks Premium/former VIP players get to keep. Some people ONLY sub so they can unlock these features so it would be a slap in the face to take them away now.

Quote Originally Posted by Neere_CH View Post
    Could you share the link, please? Don't have time and desire to watch the whole thing, but really appreciate full summary )
    https://massivelyop.com/2020/11/18/h...nd-2021-plans/

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Also I don't like how they avoid on answering why people from Ukraine and different countries can't buy War of Three Peaks, and consider what support still can help them, even after players spend all last month in talks with support, with zero result.
    Obviously they cant resolve this issue coz its not on their side, so only way for you is to find workaround. I read that last xpack was available on br for lps, this is the only real solution ssg can put for all players across the world it seems. As a workaround for now you can ask ppl in another countries to buy you that xpack, if you play game for a while you probably have someone who can help.

Did they say when we can purchase Three Peaks in the store with LOTRO points? Do we even have an official estimated date/month or price yet? I'm worried about the players online sticking around if we're split in half here, unsure of how long it'll be for the LOTRO point customers to join in. Especially if you're sure the next expansion pack is a year away?

Concerned with Li revamp/Severlin Chat reactions

For me: I'm just very disapointed for the Legendary Items revamp not showing up. It's not a weapon, more a phagocytizer, grindovore, timeovore. Disturbing gaming item.
    How can a weapon makes you open an Encyclopedia, an Noob Manual each time you handle it? This is just so complitly out of Tolkien's lore...a rubik'cube monster more
    than an incroyable weapon that you get to be proud of, happy to play with.

Can you imagine a player stopping the game as soon as it reach end maps because of the heaviness of the duty it weapons commands? Like some day, in a well known story,
    a little object almost crushed its carrier....Well i's me, like Frodo or Bilbo. It would take Bombaldil to handle it! And even so, we all know, he would probably drop it somewhere.
    And just forget about it. *Hey dol! merry dol! ring a dong dillo! Ring a dong! hop along!*

I can't. So, i wait with my toons until someone take this burden off me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elhiril View Post
    Tampering with the benefits VIPs get to keep would be the surest way to annoy and disahearten the player base even more than the outages and 'mini expansion' did. So please don't. There didn't seem to be any understanding that the main reason players think a VIP sub lacks now is because VIPs lost Three Peaks as free content. Address this rather than pointing the finger at perks Premium/former VIP players get to keep. Some people ONLY sub so they can unlock these features so it would be a slap in the face to take them away now.
    Personally, I think they should re-think about taking these things away from free players personally. The free player system is essentially an endless trial for the game. You have the first few zones, and then only the epic story until you pay. Essentially, it's focus is to get a person trying the game to enjoy it enough by the point they hit the end of the free content, that they want to spend money on the game.

I think it would aid that effort if free players had access to all their traits, access to all their virtues, and access to all the core gameplay of their characters. The game needs to be remarkably fun early on, and hiding those systems behind a paywall detracts from that.

We have 3 Groups of Users.

We have VIP/LTA
    We have Premium
    We have F2P

I like the VIP Bonus.
    Its very funny to have no Damage cost, Fast Crafting, Shared Storage with you in Addition to reforge the LI, even in Instance and the Mailbox - that we have still a long time.
    The Blue Line also helps to level up in addition i can buy an additional Blue Line with Fatepoints (?)

Now that even me gets, that i can handle the Mail with my Mobile and do not have to run to the Mailbox, i miss this a bit on my non VIP Accounts.

Many VIP/LTA have many, many Points.
    In common i buy Points for my Main Accounts each year, as i play in the Last Month/Year only on the Legendary Server, i did that only on the VIP one. But more often. (but missed the Bag time).

In Sum i think i have spend the same amount on my Premium as on the VIP one.
    I am at Level cap on Anor, and on the way on the Common Server.

I would buy also the last 2 Updates but the Payment Method i get offered do not work for me. (Only to buy them with points, for one of the both)
    To Buy Shoppoints the last time did also make a lot of problems. (Now i know i should use more lower value Codes).

As VIP i get additional benefits and the Premium players buy often more Shoppoints and both buy the Expansion.
    As VIP i get the small areas in common (this time not), as Premium i have to buy them. In Common with Shoppoints.

If we would not have the former VIP, that are now Premium, then the Server would be very empty.

The F2P go away or become Premium with or without becoming a time VIP. In the Sum we get more Player to play with. The Option to have a look on the Server for Free is an Option to let new players to start and to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunhard View Post
    Obviously they cant resolve this issue coz its not on their side, so only way for you is to find workaround. I read that last xpack was available on br for lps, this is the only real solution ssg can put for all players across the world it seems. As a workaround for now you can ask ppl in another countries to buy you that xpack, if you play game for a while you probably have someone who can help.
    It's not about War of Three Peaks in all. Of course we can get it sooner when later, BUT it's more like fundamental problem what can NEVER be fixed, that means all players who have that problems probally stay forever as 2nd sort players who don't have access to many parts of content no matter how hard they try to do it.

P.S. I don't care about LI revamp since it's just Plan B and whole LI wasn't touched in all, we just get 2nd way to grind with them. After they add SoE and Crystals for embers/motes, also from missions, and add more rewards to Remmorchant LI situation looks not bad. What make me sad is what they don't want to do kinship rewamp. Right now all kinships in Lotro looks same, they all have only 2 difference between them: 1)How officers threat regular members 2)How far kin go into raid content.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast