We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Narthalion View Post
    Well said.

Which reminds me of a rather interesting part from the live stream the other day. Severlin seemed surprised that VIP subscribers were upset about the lack of value they were receiving for their loyal payments (especially after the "micro-expansion" launch). He seemed to think that what SSG needed to do was create a slick page which lists out all the details of what's included in VIP so that customers would become fully aware of all they're getting for their monthly support.

I would suggest that unless you're a new player, most VIPs already understand the benefits of their subscription. The problem is NOT that they're ignorant...the problem is rather that the subscribers sense that they are LOSING benefits (value for their money) due to this recent change in terminology ("micro-expansion"). Content that up-to-now was included in the VIP monthly price, is no longer going to be.

So in 2021 is there still going to be sizable amounts of content that WILL be included for VIP customers WITHOUT additional payment, as there always has been? I'm not sure that an answer to this question was clearly given during the stream.
    It wasn't given. There was a mention of "we'd like to give free content" but for me, it was overridden by that other statement you mentioned, about just how much benefit a sub brings, all that stuff they wish to put into a list. All that stuff that long term VIP's already know about.

We already know about A - Y, what we want to know is what's happening to Z (ALL access to content, free or point bought) in the long term, and why was it removed. For me, the removal of Y (Mordor - point access to expansions) was a burning question too. This latest one, not so much (just the next step in a predictable pattern), I've lost interest.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    That used to be a real pain for all players wanting that gear once the level 85 cap had gone, for a long time. The deed requirement is no longer there though. A kinny of mine got the gear very recently, by soloing the raids at level 20.
    They changed it with lvl85 in legendary servers and now you need to do lvl85 raids for it, lvl20 doesn't work. Not impossible as if it's lvl cap, but you need more people.
    Anamura, Sunnarea, Silenius, Neuschwanstein, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Fingaladir, Meowear, Virgilio, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)
    Amilegeth, Wargarr, Shakarabash, Luklubuz, Grishlukashkahkh, Dashkanakh
    "One lag to lag them all and in the lagness lag them"

Tulkas is Valar, not Maiar. He is much more powerful than the lesser Gods. And No, LM's are not Maiar, they are people that use the elements of nature to their advantage. They are not magical versions of wizards.

Beornings are Skin changers, if they cannot skin change, they are NOT Beornings - but large men.
    Not so. Tolkien made it clear that the Beornings were a tribe taking their name from Beorn, and that shape shifting was restricted solely to members of his direct bloodline. It's the primary lore argument against the existence of the Beorning as a class.

That used to be a real pain for all players wanting that gear once the level 85 cap had gone, for a long time. The deed requirement is no longer there though. A kinny of mine got the gear very recently, by soloing the raids at level 20.
    On regluar none-Legendary servers you can't get that gear by completing raid on 20 level. You even don't get that gear if you have 75 level and you complete 85 level raid, because you need to be 85 level or above to complete raid on 85 level and above. Anything less when 85 level don't counts. You can complete DEED, but gear still not available for you

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    On regluar none-Legendary servers you can't get that gear by completing raid on 20 level. You even don't get that gear if you have 75 level and you complete 85 level raid, because you need to be 85 level or above to complete raid on 85 level and above. Anything less when 85 level don't counts. You can complete DEED, but gear still not available for you
    No, you can't complete the deed if you run Erebor raids under lvl85. Tested by myself not long ago.
    Anamura, Sunnarea, Silenius, Neuschwanstein, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Fingaladir, Meowear, Virgilio, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)

Well, I can only go on what I've been told guys. I know the player well, and they have been chasing a burg hood for a long time, but gave up on it, having only done BfE and Lonely mountain and never having done Fires. They did it at level 40 (checked this evening with them, so not 20 as I had thought) completed the deed, and is donning that hood.

I decided to test this today, ran the 3 raids at lvl 20 with a lvl 130 alt whom never did BFE and yes, the deed unlocked and I am now able to barter for all the armour sets. Yall can go and do it yourselves if you don't believe it
    My Lotro blog :)

Quote Originally Posted by miriadel View Post
    I decided to test this today, ran the 3 raids at lvl 20 with a lvl 130 alt whom never did BFE and yes, the deed unlocked and I am now able to barter for all the armour sets. Yall can go and do it yourselves if you don't believe it
    But if you run 20 raid with 85 level nothing happens

can you read? I literally just said that I tested it, I run with my lvl 130 alt the erebor raids set at lvl 20, the deed for the armour checked as completed and I am now able to barter that armour, even if I run the raids at lower level. Try it yourself, all you need is tier 1 to use as cosmetics
    My Lotro blog :)

I just tested it too, and yup, it works.

We already know about A - Y, what we want to know is what's happening to Z (ALL access to content, free or point bought) in the long term, and why was it removed.

Exactly.

This was a major change in what is and is not included in a VIP subscription...and yet they seem surprised for some reason that many of their customers are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    ...not leaving much opportunity for SSG to turn a profit there...
    Excuses. Back in time they released expansion-questpack-expansion-questpack except the Gondor period. Now they have released wildercrap and Elderslade with few months of difference, and they plan to release even more? If this was a fine company, they would have released only Elderslade and it would include wilder land and that new area they will release. Now you can call that a miniexpansion! But nope, they need to milk. Now it seems they will release a micro area with 80 quests or less and a random instance and sell it for the equivalent of 12-20€. For that price, I can buy a new game and it will last longer.

Quote Originally Posted by miriadel View Post
    Wow strange, maybe they changed it again since in legendary servers the cap is 95

I find all this talk about VIP very confusing?
    Not having heard the livestream it is difficult to make out but if it is anything like his previous streams then it is clear he isn't built for chatting to the public... he always seems very nervous, not as a person but in a guarded way. This is invariably, in my experience, leads to someone who ends up saying something, whilst trying not to say anything, that leads to clear confusion and ends up in fire fighting by those a little more versed in not saying anything... Is that clear?

Basically, they should leave the public relations to those who know it. It seems clear without even hearing the stream that again what has been said is wholly ambiguous and if I thought they were clever enough.... I would say it was planned that way... but I don't think they are clever enough.. at least when it comes to PR.

I do find it odd when the producers pop into streams for little reason... I mean it takes them months to write a produces letter and then they just pop into a stream and drop half truth bombs all over the place.

I mean where are we in the timeline laid down? Is it around August 3019?
    WHY DO PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE LEAST, KNOW IT THE LOUDEST?

Quote Originally Posted by TearMaker View Post
    I find all this talk about VIP very confusing?
    Not having heard the livestream it is difficult to make out but if it is anything like his previous streams then it is clear he isn't built for chatting to the public... he always seems very nervous, not as a person but in a guarded way. This is invariably, in my experience, leads to someone who ends up saying something, whilst trying not to say anything, that leads to clear confusion and ends up in fire fighting by those a little more versed in not saying anything... Is that clear?

Basically, they should leave the public relations to those who know it. It seems clear without even hearing the stream that again what has been said is wholly ambiguous and if I thought they were clever enough.... I would say it was planned that way... but I don't think they are clever enough.. at least when it comes to PR.

I do find it odd when the producers pop into streams for little reason... I mean it takes them months to write a produces letter and then they just pop into a stream and drop half truth bombs all over the place.

I mean where are we in the timeline laid down? Is it around August 3019?
    Some truths are better than none. For sure they didn't answer everything and they didn't commit or give a definitive answer for many, outside of housing, the new class, gundabad's new release date, being transparent (at last) about the attacks on their server, among others.

But that's the whole point of communication. It doesn't mean commiting to something or giving full answers to all our questions because honestly they can't do that otherwise we'll hold them accountable to it. It's clear their still in the planning stages for some of the things we asked except for the ones they gave clear answers to.

Things in a timeline change after all, you should see Warframe's development timeline. They never follow it but the community (or some of them) prefer they be transparent rather than not answer anyone for months. This was a good first step. I hope we see more QA or even live updates in the future.
    Last edited by wrath247; Nov 22 2020 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fegefeuer View Post
    Excuses.
    Not really an excuse now is it? Funnily enough the folks at SSG do need to get paid for the work they've done, they can't release everything for free. Making content available for LP is essentially giving it away since longtime players are most likely sitting on rather decent amounts of LP. You yourself have admitted elsewhere that:

I have LPs for many many years of content, I'll be fine.
    Whilst I will agree that Three Peaks has been handled poorly it is somewhat obvious that SSG need to revise their current monetisation system as it's getting a little messy 10 years in.
    ~ If all classes were equal people would actually have to start playing competently to get into groups ~

Not really an excuse now is it? Funnily enough the folks at SSG do need to get paid for the work they've done, they can't release everything for free. Making content available for LP is essentially giving it away since longtime players are most likely sitting on rather decent amounts of LP. You yourself have admitted elsewhere that:

Whilst I will agree that Three Peaks has been handled poorly it is somewhat obvious that SSG need to revise their current monetisation system as it's getting a little messy 10 years in.
    I agree with what you're saying. They need revenue to keep working on the game. But they can't keep chopping value off a subscription that people pay for. Well, they can, they can do whatever they want, but they can't expect people to keep paying for something that is dropping in value - forever. Once those scales tip, that's the end of that. My usual gaming budget has gone elsewhere now. So it will take a lot to make me overstretch on that budget and invest anything here.

Why everyone assume that they need money to "keep the game going"? You all always talk as if Lotro is going to close every month, as if they can't reach the end of the month.

They are behaving as predators and you still defend them. The more money they earn, the more money they want. This is only about money, not quality or the enjoyment of the players.

It's amazing how people can be so much blind. It started with lootboxes in Mordor, although by that time, the system was still in the beginnings. For me, the downfall of Lotro started with Ered Mithrin. Monetization through lootboxes was so obvious there that I didn't start gearing my main until Vales of Anduin lmao. We have seen a lot of stuff done since then. Removal of old lootboxes, making xp tomes, slayer boosts etc store only products, virtue grind, now this reputation items tied to quests, Severlin even saying directly that they regret of the VIP bonus that you unlock forever lmao. And you still think they do this because lack of money? A good company who is profiting and valuates the customers, if they have PLENTY of money, they should improve quality of life on customers, and do you know why? Because when customers are happy, they are happy for spending money, and it doesn't have to feel forced or feel that you are being scammed. This is how people feel in this game - SCAMMED. And you still defend it? (you as 2nd person plural). Even Arnenna has moved to another game and still defend it, it's awesome (not an attack, but I'd like to understand why you are spending money in another game already, but still defend some of the SSG practises). I'm not sure if it's because blind confidence, or because I'm wrong and SSG/DB is really struggling to pay everything, but the only reason that we don't trust SSG/DB is indicative that they are acting as predators.

Remember this, if they are releasing more content, it's not because they want to make players happy. They will push any #### of content for an overpriced value and wait for people to get it. You have the proof at Wilderland, the drop of quality of that questpack compared with anything else in the game is beyond absurd. I have been never been so much dissappointed. If I'm expecting questpacks of this quality costing more than 10€ (1k LP = 10€), it's not even worth to me to spend my farmed LPs LMAO. I'd rather play it on bulrroarer for free to see the storyline of the quests, since you can complete these #### questpacks in 1 day, it should be enough!

So, as many people like me have tons of LPs farmed/bought over the years, they release poor quality questpacks for an absurd price, and they plan to release many of these stupid questpacks a year, so they can empty the piles of LPs quick? is that the intention? sure, I'll just play on bulrroarer then... lmao. If SSG is only going to release quality content in expansions, and then pricing expansions to 2500 LP (fair price, that I must say), then I think I can just get expansions when they are released for LP. I can play ###### questpacks in bulrroarer. Bulrroarer is opened generally for 3-4 days, right? if these questpacks can be done in 1 day, it's enough. My farmed LPs have more value than questpacks of the quality of Wilderland.

They don't even have to convince you. They haven't even said that they need money, because most of you already believe that they are in urgent need of money. It's simply awesome, I'm wordless.

Anyway, more learning to my bag.
    Last edited by Fegefeuer; Nov 22 2020 at 10:14 AM.

But VIP pay for this LP through their monthly sub. This is a steady flow of money. When I pay VIP for 3 months, that's $30. If I spend that money on LP I get a lot more.

And why are players sitting on so much LP? Most buy them when they are on sale, I do. Most also only buy the store items when they are on sale. A lot of times I do. The Hedgehog Burrow was one of the few items I bought right away. I love animated housing items. But we have a lot of housing items, cosmetics, mounts and pets in game already. Way to much comes from the figment vendors. If these items from the vendors were directly in the store for reasonable prices and limited time, some players, including me would pick some of them up. I was looking forward to the Rohan crafting stations but they are bundled with items I never use. I hope the stablemasters go directly in the store because I would buy at least one, probably more over time. The store lacks new items. But SSG decided to go with the key/box lottery and puts the good things there.

The store needs to be looked at, new items added more often, especially limited time and pricing adjusted. Bundles are nice but items sold individually might attract more buyers.

Yes, SSG needs money to produce the content I enjoy but for me they are going about it the wrong way. Not to say that selling the latest pack for cash was necessarily wrong but it broke the status quo. It also cost them my money because normally I would have paid 3 month VIP to play through and then still bought it for LP when on sale.

Why everyone assume that they need money to "keep the game going"? You all always talk as if Lotro is going to close every month, as if they can't reach the end of the month.

They are behaving as predators and you still defend them. The more money they earn, the more money they want. This is only about money, not quality or the enjoyment of the players.

It's amazing how people can be so much blind. It started with lootboxes in Mordor, although by that time, the system was still in the beginnings. For me, the downfall of Lotro started with Ered Mithrin. Monetization through lootboxes was so obvious there that I didn't start gearing my main until Vales of Anduin lmao. We have seen a lot of stuff done since then. Virtue grind, now this reputation items tied to quests, Severlin even saying directly that they regret of the VIP bonus that you unlock forever lmao. And you still think they do this because lack of money? A good company who is profiting and valuates the customers, if they have PLENTY of money, they should improve quality of life on customers, and do you know why? Because when customers are happy, they are happy for spending money, and it doesn't have to feel forced or feel that you are being scammed. This is how people feel in this game - SCAMMED. And you still defend it? (you as 2nd person plural). Even Arnenna has moved to another game and still defend it, it's awesome (not an attack, but I'd like to understand why you are spending money in another game already, but still defend some of the SSG practises). I'm not sure if it's because blind confidence, or because I'm wrong and SSG/DB is really struggling to pay everything, but the only reason that we don't trust SSG/DB is indicative that they are acting as predators.

Remember this, if they are releasing more content, it's not because they want to make players happy. They will push any #### of content for an overpriced value and wait for people to get it. You have the proof at Wilderland, the drop of quality of that questpack compared with anything else in the game is beyond absurd. I have been never been so much dissappointed. If I'm expecting questpacks of this quality costing more than 10€ (1k LP = 10€), it's not even worth to me to spend my farmed LPs LMAO. I'd rather play it on bulrroarer for free to see the storyline of the quests, since you can complete these #### questpacks in 1 day, it should be enough!

So, as many people like me have tons of LPs farmed/bought over the years, they release poor quality questpacks for an absurd price, and they plan to release many of these stupid questpacks a year, so they can empty the piles of LPs quick? is that the intention? sure, I'll just play on bulrroarer then... lmao. If SSG is only going to release quality content in expansions, and then pricing expansions to 2500 LP (fair price, that I must say), then I think I can just get expansions when they are released for LP. I can play ###### questpacks in bulrroarer. Bulrroarer is opened generally for 3-4 days, right? if these questpacks can be done in 1 day, it's enough. My farmed LPs have more value than questpacks of the quality of Wilderland.

They don't even have to convince you. They haven't even said that they need money, because most of you already believe that they are in urgent need of money. It's simply awesome, I'm wordless.

Anyway, more learning to my bag.
    What money they make, what money the need, is all assumption. None of us know the figures on that. You're guessing when you think they are flush, much like other are guessing when they think they aren't.

What is fact though - is that they need money to develop the game. It cannot be made for free when there are wages to pay, servers to pay for, offices to pay for, administration to pay for, and everything else that falls under business costs. All those things exist and are very real. That's what people mean then they say the game needs money to stay afloat.

Even if they have enough for all of those things, they still have to turn a decent profit. All businesses do, but especially ones that involve investors and or publishers.

I'm in the same boat as you, sitting on a nice pile of LP that I have accumulated over the years - through "paying" to play the game. I could have used those points to keep up with content, but for my part, I've always bought expansions for cash, because the game needs money to keep going and I have never expected to be able to play it for free. The free content updates of a sub while I benefited from them were great, and worth paying a sub for. However, now that they may not be included in the future, it isn't any more.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Nov 22 2020 at 10:19 AM.

What money they make, what money the need, is all assumption. None of us know the figures on that. You're guessing when you think they are flush, much like other are guessing when they think they aren't.

What is fact though - is that they need money to develop the game. It cannot be made for free when there are wages to pay, servers to pay for, offices to pay for, administration to pay for, and everything else that falls under business costs. All those things exist and are very real. That's what people mean then they say the game needs money to stay afloat.
    I'm not going to spend money if it's going to make me feel scammed. Period.

I paid VIP for november but only for things that apparently they regret (permanent swift travel and traits on alts, permanent unlocks for ex-VIP). Maybe I should now regret having payed VIP too.

I'm not going to spend money if it's going to make me feel scammed. Period.

I paid VIP for november but only for things that apparently they regret (permanent swift travel and traits on alts, permanent unlocks for ex-VIP). Maybe I should now regret having payed VIP too.
    If you only paid VIP for a month - you got your money's worth and then some. Try paying it for 7 years.

I'm really peeved with the game decisions at the moment, so you're not alone, but to expect everything freely handed out. Nope, not ever. I don't mind paying for my entertainment, if it's worth the money. But when paying is no different to NOT paying (which it is now for me, and will be for most players if they take onboard your suggestions), then, that's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    The store needs to be looked at, new items added more often, especially limited time and pricing adjusted. Bundles are nice but items sold individually might attract more buyers.
    The only content in store that is worth it's price right now is the content before Ered Mithrin, specially the expansions.

When you see that Minas Morgul costs 2500 LP and Wilderland costs 1295 LPs (basically HALF OF IT), you know something is wrong here. Minas Morgul is very fair priced, Wilderland is absurdly priced. You can't compare, it's beyond absurd. Wilderland is not even 1/3 of what Minas Morgul is.

People say that the prices in store are bad, but you are not noticing that prices in content are getting even worse. Elderslade for 2k LPs and Wilderland for 1.3k LPs is stupidly overpriced, not worth even the farmed LPs.

Just imagine that instead releasing Mordor expansion for 2500 LPs, they divide each area of Gorgoroth into 1 questpack, and they sell each one for 995 LPs. This is what they are doing now.

If you only paid VIP for a month - you got your money's worth and then some. Try paying it for 7 years.

I'm really peeved with the game decisions at the moment, so you're not alone, but to expect everything freely handed out. Nope, not ever. I don't mind paying for my entertainment, if it's worth the money. But when paying is no different to NOT paying (which it is now for me, and will be for most players if they take onboard your suggestions), then, that's a different story.
    The point is that it's not worth the money. It's not worth even the farmed LPs.

Sorry, so dissappointed for Wilderland, I have the feeling that new questpacks (no miniexpansions) are going to be this quality and it's too stupid for me to understand.

If it's true that a significant or worth mentioning number of old time players are sitting on huge piles of LP: Why? How many items are in the store now, a thousand? Shouldn't any of them be beautiful enough cosmetics or fun enough content to tempt those who have the most LP to spend it?

If people had tons of LP and weren't spending it it'd mean they see absolutely nothing worth buying anymore. Not exactly a great advertisement.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast