We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldadil View Post
    I tried the "Insert img" but it did not work - here they are.
    Dropbox works great but to get in-line images from Dropbox to appear in forum posts you need to edit the URL a little: Change the domain name, the "www.dropbox.com" part, to "dl.dropboxusercontent.com " and it will work. Here are your images:

It's a MacPro and …

It got a CPU and GPU-Upgrade. Actually it is an 4.1. but because of upgrading the firmware he thinks he is a 5.1
    Cool! And thanks for providing the information.

1) yes (!) the game is working through Crossover and
    2) I don't need to install "Framework 1.1" to launch the game. I was just wondering why it says "Windows XP" and if I may get in trouble soon. But if it's no problem, like Incarniac said, than everything is fine.
    OK, fine. That's as expected, then. If your game wasn't working, there was a fix but since it is, you don't need to worry about this anymore. As Incarniac explained, the .NET Framework 1.1 is only for older versions of Windows and you got the version you need during the install.

3) It takes longer than before, when I used the SSG Wine/Mac-Game. There it takes about 10 seconds to come to the login. In the Crossover-Version it takes about 3-5 minutes.
    Ah! OK, then: You were playing using the "Mac"/WINE client before installing into Crossover. And yes, the delay is due to the loading screen glitch. We'll fix that below.

4) I missed the hint of installing "DirectX for Modern Games" and to use the files from the Lotro-Server. So I used the Crossover "Lotro-Installer" but "DirectX for Modern Games" was installed in the Prozess ( I saw it) Do you think it would be better to do the installation again? The game offers me all options of DirectX - 9,10 and 11.
    I don't trust the "crosstie". Codeweavers does a great job with their "crosstie" database and it makes installing a lot of Windows software very easy. But it is not a good choice for installing LOTRO. It often leads to the creation of a 32-bit bottle which cannot run the 64-bit version of the game client; among some other issues. Which is why I suggest using the installer downloaded from this web page (and then installed into Crossover using the in-app Crossover install process) after manually creating a Windows 10 64-bit bottle. I did not know that they had added DirectX for Modern Games to the crosstie - that's good! I had asked them to do that but did not get a response to my email. (They did respond to me when I asked them to add the option to create a 64-bit bottle to the crosstie, which they did but only as an option rather than the default.) If you're sure you have DirectX for Modern Games installed, don't worry about it anymore. But installing it yourself over the previous install won't hurt anything, either; just FYI.

Now let's repair your loading screen delay issue:
    1- First be sure that the game is not running. It's OK to leave Crossover running.
    2- Using the Finder, navigate your way to this folder:
    ~Library/Application Support/Crossover/CrossOver Bottles/Bottles/LOTRO/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/StandingStoneGames/The Lord of the Rings Online/raw
    I want to note that the path might be slightly different for your machine. I am working from memory here because I have moved my Crossover bottles out of my ~/Library folder to a different location. The important thing is to find the raw folder inside the The Lord of the Rings Online folder which is where you will find three other folders:
    2- Look for the folders de, en, and fr. They are inside the raw folder.
    3- Open each one of those three folders and you will see a folder called logo inside each of them.
    4- Inside of each logo folder you will find 10 .jpg files. In all three of the logo folders, delete all of the .jpg files.
    5- Launch the game. The game should "repair" itself, downloading replacements for each of those files.

You were either missing one or more of those files, or one or more of those files had become corrupted. Deleting all of them will force the LOTRO launcher application to download them fresh, which will take a little time but your subsequent launches of the game should not involve any appreciable delay.
    Last edited by Tralfazz; May 02 2021 at 12:35 PM.

Hi Tralfazz

ropbox works great but to get in-line images from Dropbox to appear in forum posts you need to edit the URL a little: Change the domain name, the "www.dropbox.com" part, to "dl.dropboxusercontent.com " and it will work. Here are your images:
    Aaaaah

You were either missing one or more of those files, or one or more of those files had become corrupted. Deleting all of them will force the LOTRO launcher application to download them fresh, which will take a little time but your subsequent launches of the game should not involve any appreciable delay.
    Yeah - it works. Now the Login appears after seconds!

Thank you very, very much - SSG should spend you an lifetime account

Many greetings and have a nice week!

Eiko

PS: Next weekend I will try to install the game on the Catalina-MacBook of my daughter and then I will use the Installer from the Lotro-Page. Hope it will work She installed Catalina by not knowing that the original game won't work. She will be happy after coming back to Lotro

Next weekend I will try to install the game on the Catalina-MacBook of my daughter and then I will use the Installer from the Lotro-Page. Hope it will work She installed Catalina by not knowing that the original game won't work. She will be happy after coming back to Lotro
    You can save a lot of time and data downloading by simply exporting your bottle and then, after installing Crossover on your daughter's Mac, importing your bottle. You will need an external drive with at least 32gb of space to do this, 40gb is safer.

1- Install Crossover onto your daughter's Mac.
    2- Plug the external drive into your Mac.
    3- Launch Crossover on your Mac. Don't launch the game, just Crossover.
    4- Click once on your bottle's name in the list of bottles in the left column of the main Crossover window. Let's assume that bottle is called LOTRO BOTTLE.
    5- Go to the menu bar item BOTTLE, look for EXPORT "LOTRO BOTTLE" TO ARCHIVE and choose that.
    6- Choose the external drive as the location for the export. Click SAVE. Depending on the speed of your external drive and the interface used this might take anywhere from 20 seconds to 5 minutes. If your external drive is some cheap little USB thumb drive it could be longer.
    7- "Eject" the external drive from your Mac then disconnect it from your Mac.
    8- Plug the external drive into your daughter's Mac.
    9- Launch Crossover on your daughter's Mac.
    10- Go to the menu bar item BOTTLE, look for IMPORT BOTTLE ARCHIVE and choose that.
    11- Choose the external drive, find the archive you exported in Step 6, and click RESTORE. Once again, depending on the speed of your external drive and the interface used this might take anywhere from 20 seconds to 5 minutes (or longer...).
    12- "Eject" the external drive from your daughter's Mac then disconnect it from your daughter's Mac.
    The bottle and the entire LOTRO install should be ready for a double-click to launch the game! Assuming your daughter was playing LOTRO using the "Mac"/WINE client earlier she should already have good .ini files in the right place. The only other things you might have to do is check that she is configured to use the 64-bit client (you seem to know how to do that so I won't repeat the instructions here) and then to test DirectX 11 (it might or might not work for her – well or at all – depending on the type of graphics her Mac has, use DirectX 9 otherwise).

The above can also be done with Finder copies but the above method using import/export of a bottle archive is pretty foolproof.

Final thought to other people who might be reading this: The crosstie seems to be installing a lot of stuff that LOTRO does not need. None of those extra Windows components are going to hurt anything but they do take up space. You will get a "cleaner" install by creating your own Windows 10 64-bit bottle, installing DirectX for Modern Games into that, and then installing LOTRO by using Crossover to "install" the full Windows installer of LOTRO into the bottle you prepared. The Windows installer can be downloaded here:
    https://files.lotro.com/lotro/installers/lotrolive.exe
    The crosstie apparently works (just be careful you are creating a Windows 10 64-bit bottle and not a Windows 10 bottle or you won't be able to use the LOTRO 64-bit client or DirectX 11) and apparently even installs DirectX for Modern Games. But it also seems to install a lot of other unnecessary stuff that, while not harmful, isn't doing you any good, either.

The last Mac OS X version that ran on Power Mac was Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6, released 2009).
    MacOS X Leopard 10.5 actually, but whatever. I'm just an older nerd than you is all!

Hi Traffazz,

again - thank you very much. I will try it that way.

May I translate your descripton (mainly post #17) into German and use it if anyone needs this for installation? Of course I will always give your name and link to the original thread.

Greetings, Eiko

Hi Traffazz,

again - thank you very much. I will try it that way.

May I translate your descripton (mainly post #17) into German and use it if anyone needs this for installation? Of course I will always give your name and link to the original thread.

Greetings, Eiko
    Yes, please be welcome to repost anywhere you like with whatever translation you feel confident to perform.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8