We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    We only got a blue response due to an apparent miss quote. Seems like it's all speculation that there's been any intent to slow up bartering, just the usual neglect of consequences from changes elsewhere.
    Please watch the stream at https://www.twitch.tv/videos/817590897 at 3:55 (had a wrong time before or video was cut).
    Below is the real quote, did my best as a non-native to get it right. My info in brackets. Left out a few of the mumbles caused by trying to find the right words.

"You can't spam anymore. There are reasons for that. Reasons involving [could be "evolving", but that did not make much sense to a non-native without further words] exploits. Reasons involving game security. Reasons involving all sorts of things. We are making sure that that is not something that could be done. So I know that message is [phrase I do not know, probably "a nine" that refers to Hendrix], I know we're gone make to you have you wait occasionally, longer than you wish, but that is the world in which we live in 2020 and will remain so for the foreseeable future. If we can tweak it at all, we will, but there are reasons, with a capital R, why this is being done and unfortunately, if you are used to just spamming a button, you ain't gonna be able to do that anymore."

Of course it is still possible that this is a consequence of a fix somewhere else, but at least the statement is such that it seems it was about this topic.
    I also think that it is not by chance that the fix for reputation items popped up at the same time.

Thanks thinx.

I took a week off from watching the Friday stream. We all need to kick back and allow for some recovery. All too often I'm left thinking the narrative we hear on the live streams is just a line fed to Cordovan to excuse some failing.

If they are suffering from an exploit then address that, don't #### off the entire customer base. He's telling us they just aren't up to it or can't be bothered, spun into the fault being those nasty cheating players. Have us all blame a minority for our gaming woes, do none of us study history nor keep up with current affaires? I can imagine the official streamers/moderators fuelling this toxicity over the coming days as per.

Thanks thinx.

I took a week off from watching the Friday stream. We all need to kick back and allow for some recovery. All too often I'm left thinking the narrative we hear on the live streams is just a line fed to Cordovan to excuse some failing.

If they are suffering from an exploit then address that, don't #### off the entire customer base. He's telling us they just aren't up to it or can't be bothered, spun into the fault being those nasty cheating players. Have us all blame a minority for our gaming woes, do none of us study history nor keep up with current affaires? I can imagine the official streamers/moderators fuelling this toxicity over the coming days as per.
    Yeah it's pretty lame. It's not like people want to spam the stupid button. That is just how they made that function work. Let us barter for stacks or a given quantity at at time and there would be zero reason to spam that button ever. But those aren't the real "Reasons" with a capital R!

When you wanna spend MC to unlock tiers for your LI, there is a convenient slider, that you can use to unlock *all* tiers with a single click. Don't wanna do that? Well, you will barter for emps/star-lits 1 by 1 with an artificially put ~1s timeout, and then apply them 1 by 1 to your LI.

But yes, the problem are people clicking too fast and not that intentionally insanity-inducing bartering 'mechanic'.

/s just in case

Add quantity options to barterers, make emps stack to more than 10, make emps usable in bulk - then people may buy into your 'exploit' excuse.

Silorien is offline Software Engineer - Standing Stone Games
    We are fine-tuning the rate as well as investigating stack options, but the latter will take time. All transactions in the game should be throttled; barter transactions had just been a long oversight. We simply cannot allow transactions that result in work for the server at an unchecked rate for potentially hundreds of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Silorien View Post
    We are fine-tuning the rate as well as investigating stack options, but the latter will take time. All transactions in the game should be throttled; barter transactions had just been a long oversight. We simply cannot allow transactions that result in work for the server at an unchecked rate for potentially hundreds of players.
    Is there any possibility that whatever button caused the error message, buy/barter/whatever, could he disabled during the timing window? At least some visual indication that we need to wait, instead of that infuriating error message?
    Ae Adar nín i vi Menel, no aer i eneth lín.

Quote Originally Posted by Silorien View Post
    Yet you/marketing speed up crafting speed by a 5+ times for VIPs which entails a check on critical outputs that must have some server impact. Is it fine for 1000 VIPs to go afk crafting 2000 processes because they paid?

The only barter in game that could be used to cause a problem, that I know about, is the Minas Morgul relics because you can barter back and forth without losses/gains. The vast majority of barters involve a one way deal or heavily diminishing returns.

Rep/Barter relics caused headaches for players with Allegiances (however did you miss that?) and continues this time around. When they are rewards alongside repeatable virtue and ember/mote rewards and don't have the same long term use beyond storing for some future alt then they're just going to clog up storage. Having 3 values and not knowing whether they'll ever have another future use means we will want to store them in their largest value version. It's built in to annoy us; with three values along side dubious gear barters that may or may not deconn into a resource of use (because the tooltips no longer report consistently) nor if that resource, ithilian crafting boxes will have a further use. You guy may have long forgotten a game system but you never tell us. Until you change you mind ofc, like craft guild rep having a use 5 years along.

Just add a hefty vendor price and have just a single value relic for rewards and costs and have no currency exchange barter need would clear the need to throttle. Unless there's some other exploitable vendor elsewhere?

Why punish all players for a "long oversight"? But it's not really a long oversight it just an over complex sub-system that has you guys patting yourselves on your back yet griefs your players and you can't see it. Then you reuse the tech and introduce a vulnerability.

Lets go for the surgical elegant fixes rather than the hammer approach please.

Yet you/marketing speed up crafting speed by a 5+ times for VIPs which entails a check on critical outputs that must have some server impact. Is it fine for 1000 VIPs to go afk crafting 2000 processes because they paid?

<snip>
    VIP crafting is limited to 999 combines, the same as non VIP crafting. At 1 second per combine that is 16 minutes and 39 seconds to process those 999 combines - then you must click again for another 999. If you somehow thought that VIP crafting can do 2000 or unlimited combines, you are incorrect.

I have noticed much more server lag from lore masters afk farming with their pets on auto attack. Just the other day, I saw 15 of them named XXXXXone XXXXXtwo XXXXXthree XXXXXXfour XXXXXXfive (3 sets of 5 loremasters with raven pets) parked on top of static mob spawn points with 3 loremasters per mob - the lag in that entire area was unplayable as I was trying to quest it was taking 30 seconds to be able to interact with any objects. I eventually logged off for the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseekre View Post
    VIP crafting is limited to 999 combines, the same as non VIP crafting. At 1 second per combine that is 16 minutes and 39 seconds to process those 999 combines - then you must click again for another 999. If you somehow thought that VIP crafting can do 2000 or unlimited combines, you are incorrect.
    I don't care about the exact number, but in Galtrev crafting one VIP at full speed crit slows down movement. Brrrrrrrrring Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrring Brrrrrrinng Bring Bring. Might even be caused by the sound engine trying to play all those blings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseekre View Post
    I have noticed much more server lag from lore masters afk farming with their pets on auto attack.
    Noticed that too, but those problems are non-exclusive.

I actually tried to barter for some rep items after this "slow down" problem was introduced. Turned out not so bad - barter for 1 item, use it. Barter for 1, use it. Etc. Worse than before and dead boring, but if you want free LP on a vault character, it's passable, you kinda go into a rhythm.
    But, bartering for consumables with remaining festival tokens (I usually do it at the end of the festival, after I spent tokens on other things) was a nightmare.
    Bulk barter option is a must.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4