We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    After having just exchanged 158 steel tokens for marks via Tad Leafcutter I can tell you that this is a despicable change. Don't even try to tell me it's to reduce lag because so far I have seen very little difference.
    "I never feed trolls and I don't read spam" - Weird Al Yankovic

Worst issue about game from a returning player

I am a returning player from years and years ago, just started back a month or so ago. This request issue is the single most annoying amd immersion breaking thing I have run in to since my return. I never post on forums but I feel it is important that the devs and ssg know how awful of an experience this is. This issue has fixed me to log out I'm frustration more than once and if I leave the game again it will likely be a large contributing factor.
    Ae Adar nín i vi Menel, no aer i eneth lín.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayne2 View Post

Exactly this. It's going to INCREASE the amount of people using macros to click due to taking much longer to barter.

I regularly barter for 100+ scrolls. Sitting through the barter process and then having to use each one individually has made me, on multiple occasions, just log out. As mentioned many times, the best option is to add the ability to barter in stacks.
    Meanwhile, in the office of SSG...

Person 1: hey, people is using macros to barter tons of items faster, because they need hundreds! How can we make them to stop using macros?
    Person 2: what about... making them to barter tons of items slower?
    Person 1: GENIUS!
    Person 3: how about add a Scroll of Rapid Barter in the store for 9995 LP?
    Person 1: GIVE A BEER TO THIS MAN!

Sorry, I love this game, but this "fix" reminds me to the game which started to sell gold in store to fight against goldsellers lol. Create a bigger problem for trying to "fix" a small problem
    Last edited by Fegefeuer; Nov 28 2020 at 11:49 AM.
    Anamura, Sunnarea, Silenius, Neuschwanstein, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Fingaladir, Meowear, Virgilio, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)
    Amilegeth, Wargarr, Shakarabash, Luklubuz, Grishlukashkahkh, Dashkanakh
    "One lag to lag them all and in the lagness lag them"

I was annoyed by this at first, but you can still do this at a decent rate. You just have to go slower. If you try to click as fast as your finger moves, you will get the "Too Many Requests" error after about four clicks. However, if you click at a steady rate of about 1-2 clicks per second or so, you can buy as many as you want without triggering the error.

What Cord actually said was this has been introduced due to reasons involving exploits, game security and all sorts of issues. Why this has raised its head now and not in the previous x years, he didn't say. What those "exploits, game security and all sorts of issues" may be I will leave you all to speculate about.

Feel free to also speculate about why clicking 3 times rapid is ok but 6, 8 or 10 isn't.

Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    What Cord actually said was this has been introduced due to reasons involving exploits, game security and all sorts of issues. Why this has raised its head now and not in the previous x years, he didn't say. What those "exploits, game security and all sorts of issues" may be I will leave you all to speculate about.

Feel free to also speculate about why clicking 3 times rapid is ok but 6, 8 or 10 isn't.

Have fun.
    Long ago, I was a computer operator. The programmers made a change to the printers that caused a problem. They spent a bit of time trying to fix it and couldn't figure it out. They then put out one of the classic memos explaining that it was no longer a bug, it was now a feature.

This is ridiculous for so many things in barter without any ability to choose a number to buy (or full stacks). . This reminds me of working on a new wiz bang project where every transaction had to go through a full 7 layer stack. The admin subsystem couldn’t keep up with typing on a 1200 baud dumb terminal so you had to wait a second or two between characters. I found a new project very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post

Have fun.
    Funny thing what WE know and feel how it working. We used to click faster. People who never play Lotro BEFORE that change don't find that as issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Funny thing what WE know and feel how it working. We used to click faster. People who never play Lotro BEFORE that change don't find that as issue.
    I wouldn't say that. We're almost in 2021 by now and the time of acoustic couplers has passed some time ago.
    The difference between new and old playes is that new players will think this is an awful low-tech system while old players will know that this is not only awful, but also on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by thinx View Post
    I wouldn't say that. We're almost in 2021 by now and the time of acoustic couplers has passed some time ago.
    The difference between new and old playes is that new players will think this is an awful low-tech system while old players will know that this is not only awful, but also on purpose.
    This right here.

All this does to players new to the game is make LOTRO look even more laggy than they see the Veterans complain about. While they are only running around in the Shire and have not accumulated much in their bags and vaults, they may wonder, what are those vets complaining about . . . I don't get any lag. Then they try to barter and . . . Ohh, yeah, I get it now.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Maxed 3 characters reputation last nigh,with 8 factions. There are3-5 players both at bree and ered luin skirm camp. So as you see this wont stop ppl to use skirm campcur vendor. What you will achieve with this ""bug"" or lets call it as it is - new feature you put in game. Many things.

1st I almost got brain cancer till i dont nearly 3k clicks, the1 sec barter cd wth 3.5 seconds punishment if you click faster than 1sec /even if 1 time/ + i needed to exchange 10 meds for marks.
    Why not make them a;t b artable like good from other vendors ?:P Or atleast make barrter button grey during bater cd ? I know. i know. We know ...

Second: if im new player trying to decide to play your game and i see this, combined with ANY other barter delay /because this is a general future not just to skirm camp- to not make it too obvious maybe ?/ are you rly think we are that stupid ?/ + the bank transferitems error- unless we dont get the REKTmsg to slow down but some 0000003 error number, so lets say new players dont like this, and 99% will just alt+f4 an move. They are spoiled and if you wana keep them you need more than cheap tricks. Wont even discus the fact that on BR rep items are behind quest barrier. If im done with this quests il probably will have my reputation nearly maxed btw. A and the idea to remove permanent bonuses premium get from subbing? Like swift travel trait and virtuesunlock etc ? Is that true? Do you rly think to do this?

4th - MINI expansions ....

5th Practice of mr Cordovan to ignore/literaly/ the actual questions about the game and improvments, and to answer just pet and cosmetic ones.

6th the in game GM pampeing/ read as protction/ some persons. Wont mention names, you know what i mean. They are all over wc, naming, shaming and reporting players just for fun. Do you even bother to investigate ? Pm me and il give you names and reasons/proves if you care.

7th removing the entire threads or post from forums, just because you dont like whats inside. Or when truth is told. Even if they arent against the policy

8th refuse to even aknowleadge bugs like not working skills/ legacies (some from day one) will just post one but if you want i can post them all (Call To Wild Physical Mastery (Imbued Legacy))
    Lots to say about class balance decisions and new inc class but lets not go there.

9th the changes you made without telling the comunity. Xp and drop nerfs here and there. Ppl play this game for over a decade you know, do you rly think such changes will let unnoticed ? They just bring smile on our face, but not a good smile.

10th the refuse to bother your sitting side to finaly choose one media to anounce DOWNTIME. Just stick with ONE media. Choose forumss fb twit laucner or whateve. But stick to that decision. It become beyond anoyng to do reasearch every week when and if server will be down. Also WC isnt pleasure to read during that perion. With all false information, trolling. and brain farts like ""get a life""

This is not all bute lets say is enough.
    We can take much SSG, but can we take all?
    Last edited by Pavlin; Nov 30 2020 at 01:50 AM.

Agree with the 99% of people in-game and in this thread who think this is a mean-spirited change. Screwing over your entire player base to stick it to a few people who are farming LP is bush league.

If this was a temporary measure until the quest requirements get added to rep items, it would have been better to just disable bartering for rep items. Might inconvenience a few people who legitimately want rep and can't wait a few weeks, but there's always the option of just getting drops from mobs or buying it off the AH.

This needs to be reversed yesterday, and while they're in there, see if we can't ease up the click restrictions on relic combination, which up until now was the worst way this nonsense reared its ugly head. If you don't want us to be clicking buttons quickly, don't add systems that encourage us to press buttons hundreds or thousands of times in a sitting.

Maybe we need developers who've personally maxed out an LI in the last 7 years, because this change is so bad I can't imagine any of them have personally experienced needing to sit and barter for 200 of something if they thought that throttling clicks was a reasonable solution to whatever problems that are going on.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I did not say the first sentence of this quote at all. However, if you do encounter this message, you will need to slow down your clicking. If we have an opportunity to tighten this system up in the future, we will.
    I think you need to have the dev team take a look at this some more. I bartered for some reputation acceleration tomes at the skirmish camp and instead of being able to click 20, 30 times in pretty rapid fashion, it is now 1 by 1, with a full second wait between clicks.... something changes to how it used to work just a few weeks ago.

Now if you are saying this is "intended", please say so. But it seems to me this particular issue is a bug, and a rather annoying one at that.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    Now if you are saying this is "intended", please say so. But it seems to me this particular issue is a bug, and a rather annoying one at that.
    Watch last week's stream at ~3:55. It is intended for good reasons and the annoyance is considered as "acceptable" collateral damage.
    EDIT: changed twitch time. Noted wrong time or video was changed.
    Last edited by thinx; Dec 02 2020 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thinx View Post
    Watch last week's stream at ~8:50. It is intended for good reasons and the annoyance is considered as "acceptable" collateral damage.
    So, basically, yet another thing for which we can thank those players who decide cheating and exploits are a-ok. Lovely.

Oh well. If that is the case, and as long as it actually works to stop them, I'm ok with the annoyance as a cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    So, basically, yet another thing for which we can thank those players who decide cheating and exploits are a-ok. Lovely.

Oh well. If that is the case, and as long as it actually works to stop them, I'm ok with the annoyance as a cost.
    I'm not. I can't believe THIS is the best solution they've come across.
    It's a punch below the belt in QoL terms.
    Laergwend (Mini) - Gladden dweller!
    Laergwend (Mini) - officer of The Secret Fire - Anor
    RIP Ithil
    Nov, 8 2018 - May, 21 2020

They want to prevent lag from people who click to fast...

They create more lag because a lot of people will stay together at the skirmish camp because barter is so slow ;D

I was wondering why I was finding a lot of players in skirmish camp lately, now I know why.

Good job SSG for making skirmish camps feeling alive again! (/sarcasm, just in case)
    Anamura, Sunnarea, Silenius, Neuschwanstein, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Fingaladir, Meowear, Virgilio, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)
    Amilegeth, Wargarr, Shakarabash, Luklubuz, Grishlukashkahkh, Dashkanakh
    "One lag to lag them all and in the lagness lag them"

If constant clicking is a cause for lag, and they are truly concerned about the lag issues that players have been bringing up - for years, they would have devised a way to apply more than one empowerment scroll at a time, long before now. They haven't, so, I'm not buying this at all.

This is far from cheating and exploit. Items from skirm camp come with price. Those marks need to be earned. Levels come with price too. Good luck doing this leveling with farming profesion if you are not ViP. So you literaly pay real money to be able to do this. So you pay for rep items with marks, which you play to earn. You pay for seeds with in game gold, which you play to earn. You /in best scenario/ pay for proper tool to do this - which come at 450ish LP from store, and those LP you pay $ to get or pay real time to farm. You also pay $ for vip to get ViP bonuses, because as i already said- good luck doing this if you are not vip. It takes XXX the time to achieve as free/premium player, compared to ViP players.
    They increased Skirm camp prices back in time. Now not long ago, they reduced xp you get from farming. And now we get slap in the face by slowing game XXX times. They dont even admit that this ""BUG"" was intended. I know, soliution should be found, but this isnt the proper one. Everyone in WC spit on f2p players, blaming them they dont support the game and other similar BS, and now what ? The real BS comes from ViP, and everyone get f...d because of that ?! ? There are other ways, change how vip bonuses work, remove vip bonus from farming or something. But this? This is real bull dongs SSG. Whats next ? You gona nerf starting zone LP from deeds ? I play Lotro 9y and WoW more than 17. 17y i listen about WoW killer games and thats game dying. There was never 100% agreemend in player base. Till the moment someone say that the real WoW killer is Blizzard itself. So kinda what we say here. I dont know why you try to kill the game, but your decisions will lead to this. You started with removing CoD with mithril to BoA items, to stop Gold Selling you say, but in the same time you let solvents comming from store, able to mail, even without a mithril...... How this stop gold selling ?Why solvents from store come in BoA box but they are not BoA once you pull them out?!? You just face spit on ppl who love to give and recieve gifts in this game, and in same time you let gold sellers a door to make gold, yes we dont see spam msg/atleast they are diferent now/ in world chat but just google- lotro gold selling and you will see they are stil in game. Now you kick free to play players in the a$$ removing they paid with time and investment way to farm LP, also damage the entire comunity with feature you dont even admit is intended, and all this is because you refuse to make a slight change to vip bonuses, to not harm your milky cows? Realy? The problem comes from part of them. If there need to be change, it should start from there. Also multyboxing!!! Got enough of seeing 6 character running as one and farming LP. Those are players who sell gold, and who over exploit your game, and you know it. What you gona do about it ? Use machete insteed of scalpel again ? (by probably nerfing starting zones LP reward, instead of removing M Boxing and making solvents BoA) I dont say every M Boxer is a exploiter, i just say that 99% if them are. Dont kill the game. F2P players are backbone of every game, if they go, the game will turn to death town. Just hop on Premium server/vanila server or whatever you call it and you will see what i mean. Long rant ... Im not pissed because you cut my way to farm LP, there always be a way, im pissed because i see you drive away players from game i love. Im also sad to see that you remember me of Zenimax more and more with every day pass. And I hate Zenimax, lots of ppl do, for a good reason. Eso players will know what i mean. Cheers and good luck with your achievments.
    Last edited by Pavlin; Nov 30 2020 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlin View Post
    This is far from cheating and exploit. Items from skirm camp come with price. Those marks need to be earned.
    What does this have to do with not being able to spam the button. They aren't stopping you from getting the items.

If all this stuff is really down to VIP's levelling via sowing (but I really don't think it's that at all), then the logical thing to do would be to remove the VIP speed buff from planting crops. Keep the buff for harvesting, sorting crops at a workbench and cooking. Tailors don't have a speed buff for collecting hides, but they do for processing them, metalsmiths don't have a speed buff for collecting ore but they do for processing them. Cooks shouldn't really have a speed buff for collecting crops, but they should for processing them.

What does this have to do with not being able to spam the button. They aren't stopping you from getting the items.
    The problem is not IF we get the items, but HOW we get them. If it would be required to to a song in front of our webcam, it would still not stop most of us from getting the items. Would this be ok then?
    I guess you simply have not bartered for larger amounts of something or are not aware that there are perfectly legit reasons to do so.

Trading embers for SoEs is one perfectly valid, non-exploitative reason. Now it is awful to do the grind for ash and awful to trade ash against SoEs. It is awful to do MT dailies and to trade the coins across 2 barterers and to trade the SoEs then. And after that we have to use them with several clicks per SoE, which was already annoying before.
    And that in a world where character loading takes a long time. Where handing in a single mission takes 5 minutes. Where mobs in an instance take up to a minute to actually become visible on client side. Where moving a single item to the vault can take up to 2 minutes. Where returning from weekly instances takes a minute or two to actually start the next instance. Where we are not allowed to do more than 10 instances a day, with an instance duration of 1-2 minutes and a total of 15+6+6 weekly instances that already need to be split up on 2 days.

This whole game changed from Lord of the Rings to Lord of the Latencies. And this is IMO a justifed answer to the sarcastic and smirky way that this was presented to us in the stream. The only thing that was actually missing was the evil laughter.
    I am aware that there is frustration at SSG side, but there is also frustration on our side. The statement, in the way it was said, was mocking those that just play normally and now suffer the consequences of what others did.

Talk about throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

This change sucks, but so did having to rapid click 50+ times while bartering for stuff anyway. Why not take this opportunity to fix the underlying issue and add a "Barter Quantity" button? I remember how life-changing it was when that option was added to vendors, it's high time this improvement was made elsewhere.

It doesn't work to stop them though, it's just annoying everyone else. Someone on Ghyn's discord openly talks about how he sets up macros to barter the rep items a second apart while he afks to get around this.

If people really want to go through the trouble of scraping a few dollars worth of LP this change won't stop them. It really just annoys the vast majority of regular players who are trying to barter items they actually need.
    Erendil 50 Hunter Rank 7, Mavellen 45 Warden; Officers of Disciples
    Ragaroth Warleader Rank 7, Marhawk Stalker Rank 5; Members of Cuddle Squad
    Other Characters: Arthilius - Captain, Arthilias - Guardian,
    Claireth - Runekeeper, Harbuckle - Burglar, Lothlirien - Hunter

My take:

We only got a blue response due to an apparent miss quote. Seems like it's all speculation that there's been any intent to slow up bartering, just the usual neglect of consequences from changes elsewhere.

Just looking at the overhead damage figures on the Friday stream and a brief glimpse at the low DPS value on Stampion's weapon it infers very little bartering's been going on so he's not in any positioned to see it for himself. It's gotten a lot worse recently but denial is ever the initial response.

Atm it only effects me in regard to stacking 200 and 1000 value rep relic into 2000 value ones, likely to no avail, in the knowledge that they'll go the same way as the Allegiance relics; beyond redundant until an alt comes along and maxes a rep in a few seconds.

Consequences: On a particularly slow night loading the "man" character selection screen I watched a huge mountain being rendered on my screen behind and just to the right of where my character would appear. It was a good few seconds later as the rest of the landscape was loaded and other features filled the vista and hid all but the top few feet of the mountain. Surely if you wanted to display a few feet of rocky ground you could find a smaller resource or create a new one from only the top of the mountain. It's the same with a short stair case that has a huge "unseen" column underneath. No wonder the art department go in a panic when Cord is loose with the roving camera. "Melting" our GPUs just a source of amusement? At least on one particular Chris Person interview anyway.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast