We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 73
  1. #1

    Too many requests, slow down.

    Was this added in the last patch and not mentioned? I can no longer click more than 3 or 4 times before it pops up, making bartering and buying large quantities take an extremely long time. Could at least add an option to barter/buy bulk amounts. Very frustrating.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayne2 View Post
    Was this added in the last patch and not mentioned? I can no longer click more than 3 or 4 times before it pops up, making bartering and buying large quantities take an extremely long time. Could at least add an option to barter/buy bulk amounts. Very frustrating.
    When purchasing from a vendor click the item you want then hold the alt key and click buy quantity at the the bottom.

    If bartering means selling, then first lock all the items in the vendor list you don't want to sell and the click sell all.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayne2 View Post
    Was this added in the last patch and not mentioned? I can no longer click more than 3 or 4 times before it pops up, making bartering and buying large quantities take an extremely long time. Could at least add an option to barter/buy bulk amounts. Very frustrating.
    It's a "bug" that will be fixed when reputation items are locked by quests.
    Anamura, Sunnarea, Silenius, Neuschwanstein, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Fingaladir, Meowear, Virgilio, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)
    Amilegeth, Wargarr, Shakarabash, Luklubuz, Grishlukashkahkh, Dashkanakh
    "One lag to lag them all and in the lagness lag them"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    Posts
    3,327
    It can actually happen in many many scenarios and could be an indication that the server is getting too much to do.... bartering can't, AFAIK, be done in stacks but buying from vendors can.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow
    Malancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by PartherFar View Post
    When purchasing from a vendor click the item you want then hold the alt key and click buy quantity at the the bottom. If bartering means selling, then first lock all the items in the vendor list you don't want to sell and the click sell all.
    I'm aware of how to buy stacks of items. It's more so if I want to barter 100 scrolls from the Master of Battle Lore in Minas Tirith, for example, it shouldn't take 10 minutes to do so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fegefeuer View Post
    It's a "bug" that will be fixed when reputation items are locked by quests.
    Ahh, that makes much more sense now, it was implemented to slow down the LP farming from using bulk rep items on new characters. I'm sure they could figure out a better way to stop that which doesn't negatively effect every single player in the game.
    Last edited by Hayne2; Nov 17 2020 at 08:48 AM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayne2 View Post
    Was this added in the last patch and not mentioned? I can no longer click more than 3 or 4 times before it pops up, making bartering and buying large quantities take an extremely long time. Could at least add an option to barter/buy bulk amounts. Very frustrating.
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...w-(lp-nerf-BR)

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayne2 View Post
    Ahh, that makes much more sense now, it was implemented to slow down the LP farming from using bulk rep items on new characters. [...]
    Nope, that makes no sense. Rep items can be used with Alt+Rightclick, so you can use a stack of 100 items at once. "Slow down" won't affect you.

    My guess is that either the servers cannot handle the load, or have some kind of software / configuration problem. The "slow down" message is one of the many side effects.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorikon View Post
    Nope, that makes no sense. Rep items can be used with Alt+Rightclick, so you can use a stack of 100 items at once. "Slow down" won't affect you.

    My guess is that either the servers cannot handle the load, or have some kind of software / configuration problem. The "slow down" message is one of the many side effects.
    Is not about using, its about purchase them from skirm camp vendor... you get 3 sec cd on click

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New England USA
    Posts
    205
    It's not just the "slow down" that started with that "fix". It takes forever to move something from your bags to your vault. Can't remember how long it had been since getting a Gen Ex Error (0x0000000E) and get them all the time now. Just seems like we are going backwards with this expansion. Missions can be a pain. Can't just "leave instance" and get your reward from the Giver. Have to find the box and our Dwarf Guide to get back. Really? Sheesh!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,229
    As far as I can see leaving the instance works just as well as talking to the guide who is often in the wrong place.

    As for the chest I may be wrong but I think that is only an issue at level 130 - until then we don't get chests. Of course, doing the missions isn't especially useful until 130 unless one is in a real hurry to complete some elderslade deeds.

  11. #11

    64 bit client has stopped working

    mods delete in wrong thread
    Last edited by talisman2002; Nov 17 2020 at 02:35 PM.

  12. #12
    This needs to be fixed. I like to convert the relics of minas ithil I get from the instances to the same kind so they stack better. There are only a handful to convert but this thing starts complaining to slow down. If I had to barter for 100+ rep items, and it starts complaining after 5, I'd probably just log off...

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavlin View Post
    Is not about using, its about purchase them from skirm camp vendor... you get 3 sec cd on click
    Ok, sorry, didn't realise that. Now I'm curios if patch 28.2 miraculously fixes the problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by orangeman
    It's not just the "slow down" that started with that "fix". It takes forever to move something from your bags to your vault.
    Has been already the case in Echad Uial during Minas Morgul peak time. Lots of people in one place -> mail and vault actions take a loooong time. The WotTP mission hub is a new all time low though.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLotroFan View Post
    This needs to be fixed. I like to convert the relics of minas ithil I get from the instances to the same kind so they stack better. There are only a handful to convert but this thing starts complaining to slow down. If I had to barter for 100+ rep items, and it starts complaining after 5, I'd probably just log off...
    And since it is every barter, it has a huge impact. Huge delay, completely breaks any barter for larger numbers of items. I built a new LI the other day after this "bug" was implemented - was hell. Already bad enough to apply SOE 1 at a time, but soo much more annoying to barter for 200 SOE's one at a time. Because I know that it is inexcusable, and literally only exists to be an intentional hindrance. Seriously considering creating a clicking macro to do barter for me. I have an extra computer I can use to log in and barter. Will probably time out from AFK after 15 minutes or whatever, but this is just idiocy.

  15. #15

    Slow Barter

    Hello any update? I cannot barter any items quick enough to gear my character, always have to wait an extra 5 minutes. also cant get a stack of rep accels without having to wait :< please fix this

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    2,391
    Since we still don't have any response from Cordovan or other blue name, we can consider something from that opinions:

    1)They don't want to tell us why they create such limitations
    2)They already know about problem, but yet to find any source of it

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    631
    Yes this is really annoying. I often burn up tokens (like sigils of imlad ithil) when they're maxed out by buying some item from the barterer - often 20 or 30 at a time. Now I can only buy 3 then have to wait a bit. If I could buy a quantity at a time that would mitigate it a little, but there's no option for that.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,669
    The only thing I can think of, if it's intentional, is to prevent you from doing something stupid too many times. For example, I want to barter 100 scrolls of empowerment in MT, if I start bartering them I get this obnoxious message constantly and what should really take me 1 second (pick # and hit OK), takes me 10 minutes. Maybe, they put this there so that you don't accidentally barter 100 scrolls that you didn't want? If that's the case, why not just give us a warning/confirmation dialogue?

    All I know is I hate this error message, and it's just one of 100 things LOTRO does that wastes our time unnecessarily.
    Erendil 50 Hunter Rank 7, Mavellen 45 Warden; Officers of Disciples
    Ragaroth Warleader Rank 7, Marhawk Stalker Rank 5; Members of Cuddle Squad
    Other Characters: Arthilius - Captain, Arthilias - Guardian,
    Claireth - Runekeeper, Harbuckle - Burglar, Lothlirien - Hunter

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New England USA
    Posts
    205

    Yes, new #1 Hated phrase

    "slow down" has now replaced Reduced Awareness and Already In Use as the most aggravating words in the English language. And no offense to earlier posters, but there is no way this is intentional. They are not going to do anything intentionally to tick off paying customers when they are struggling to keep the game profitable. It's either a programming glitch from WOTP or they are still getting hacked. I'm sure we will find out the truth "someday".

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeman View Post
    "slow down" has now replaced Reduced Awareness and Already In Use as the most aggravating words in the English language. And no offense to earlier posters, but there is no way this is intentional. They are not going to do anything intentionally to tick off paying customers when they are struggling to keep the game profitable. It's either a programming glitch from WOTP or they are still getting hacked. I'm sure we will find out the truth "someday".
    They said nothing about this problem, very serious one. Guess why.
    Anamura, Sunnarea, Silenius, Neuschwanstein, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Fingaladir, Meowear, Virgilio, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)
    Amilegeth, Wargarr, Shakarabash, Luklubuz, Grishlukashkahkh, Dashkanakh
    "One lag to lag them all and in the lagness lag them"

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    631
    It's got a longer delay than when selling stuff to an npc. Click-wait-wait-wait-Click-wait-wait-wait-Click etc. So very very annoying. Let's have the devs try getting bartering 500 items and see how long it is before they're pulling their hair out.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    2,391
    Since we don't have ANY mention from devs so far, looks like it's working as intended

  23. #23
    Don't worry, the prophecy says that it will be corrected in next update, when the reputation items are locked behind quests ;D

    Seriously someone doubted that this was an unexpected bug?
    Anamura, Sunnarea, Silenius, Neuschwanstein, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Fingaladir, Meowear, Virgilio, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)
    Amilegeth, Wargarr, Shakarabash, Luklubuz, Grishlukashkahkh, Dashkanakh
    "One lag to lag them all and in the lagness lag them"

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    2,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Fegefeuer View Post
    Don't worry, the prophecy says that it will be corrected in next update, when the reputation items are locked behind quests ;D

    Seriously someone doubted that this was an unexpected bug?
    You must understand what this thing working not only with reputation items.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostro44 View Post
    Let's have the devs try getting bartering 500 items and see how long it is before they're pulling their hair out.
    I would really like to a few things on a life stream. Buying a full bunch of scrolls of empowerment AND applying them would be a nice show.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload