We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15
Results 351 to 373 of 373
  1. #351
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by ConsistantRager View Post
    I would argue that creepside cleanses should not be freepside OP, in the hope that someday they nerf freepside cures and then there is more reasonable balance. Do not counter something absurd with something else absurd.
    I see the logic of what you're saying and agree with that logic in theory. In reality though, how freepside skills/abilities impact PvMP is not generally a consideration. Case in point, the vast disparity we have endured - in almost every area - for a long, long time. Freeps have never historically been tuned back (nerfed) to creep benchmarks, it has always been the other way round - creeps being boosted/beefed up to compensate.

    Freep CC variety, frequency, and power, have attained quite absurd levels of influence on the battlefield - to the detriment of pvp in general. That's hardly disputable. And the only way for creeps to counter that is to provide adequate tools to so, which at present we do not have.

  2. #352
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    204

    Thumbs up

    Please remove freep outfits for the good of the gameplay, they are lagbombs.

    Warg flayer bubble is not updated.

    WL trait "Empowerment" is not updated.

    Blackarrow skill "Explosive Arrow" does not apply AoE damage (nor any damage) as said in tooltip.

    Fire Trap nerf is not good to defend our healers with AoE damage.

    Snares... i don't careabout them, tbh, played BA for years without needing them.

    Nerf Steadfst Barrage range to 30m is totally unnecesary. Aditionally Nerfing Steadfast barrage, Snares and Fire Trap is totally wrong, reason is most users who gave feedback are solo players who loves to stream, recording videos for youtube and/or arrange 1vs1 encounters where both rivals dies most times, it's necessary to remind actual gameplay is group and raid oriented, and soloer's are just a small percentage (no more than 3%) of servers pvmp population.
    Note about St.Barrage: Saw tons of players complain about it, never saw more than 4 or 5 interrupt St barrage, and it's not hard, St barrage can be interrupted with 37 freep skills. So, @Vastin St Barrage is a problem of players who not include interrrupts in their rotations, or simply don't know to interrupt (lol), not a broken mechanic far from the LoS glitch. Also mention St barrage is a R10 skill.

    Warden dots must be potable, but not spider dots: Can't compare 100k RC dot with 6-8k average dots from spiders.
    Last edited by Yuzuriha_EN; Nov 25 2020 at 04:45 PM.

  3. #353
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuzuriha_EN View Post
    Nerf Steadfst Barrage range to 30m is totally unnecesary. Aditionally Nerfing Steadfast barrage, Snares and Fire Trap is totally wrong, reason is most users who gave feedback are solo players who loves to stream, recording videos for youtube and/or arrange 1vs1 encounters, it's necessary to remind actual gameplay is group and raid oriented, and soloer's are just a small percentage (no more than 3%) of servers pvmp population.

    Warden dots must be potable, but not spider dots: Can't compare 100k RC dot with 6-8k average dots from spiders.
    I would respectfully argue everything quoted is wrong. The majority of players that have commented I either group with personally or know first hand they group. They are not solo streamers looking for ezmode (Not your words). In fact after speaking to a lot of players who played BA prior to 115 they welcome the changes. The issue is that as long as BA dps is concentrated in roughly 2 skills the class is not as effective as it should be. A ranged class should not be required to enter melee range in order to access half (or more) of its potential dps. The snare skill is quite literally a set it down and hope they trigger it skill. The easy counter is avoiding the trapped area, half of a classes dps shouldn’t literally be avoidable. While the remaining bulk of their dps resides in a skill that is easily interruptible, again making their dps susceptible to being absolutely shut down. The bulk of their dps should reside in a rotation just like all other classes in the game. Relegate these two skills to the dustbin where they belong and let the class have a real rotation, a real burst and be effective at range.

    Also, depending on where the final #’s reside I would argue that the damage as a factor of percentage of total morale between RRC and some spider skills really weren’t far off. Also most of wardens skills do not hit nearly as hard as RRC. If I remember correctly (and I likely don’t have exacts so please correct me if you remember the #’s) but RRC against a mitted spider was actually pretty low on the last build of BR. My live tooltip is around 92k but with the mit changes it was hitting at 30-40k and creeps ranged from 1.5-2.0Million morale. (It’s also worth noting that there is no initial damage to RRC and if cures in less than 4s there is no damage done at all). Now we know that will be adjusted down, so let’s even say 1.2M. A 40k tick on a 1.2M creep represents just over 3% of total morale every 4 seconds. While some spider skills were hitting over 8k on my mitted freep with 400k morale which is roughly 2% of morale every 3 seconds. (It’s important to note that for a majority of classes their tactical mits will be lower than their OC/FW mits). Most weaver skills are multi effect and are easily masked while RRC is a single effect and can easily be cured already. I’m not a fan of any classes dps being curable, and especially with the increase in BPE and Resistance and every warden dot goes through those checks prior to being applied and each tick (I don’t know how weaver skills are checked since tactical change tbh). Wardens source of damage (when I was seeing 15-20% bpe/r even with over 330k finesse) shouldn’t be wiped away with a simple potion so I already have to sacrifice gambit builds to mask skills and that lowers total dps and it still might be BPE/R’ed anyway. So that’s some info to chew on and consider, certainly not exhaustive of the reasons but a start.
    Last edited by AaronIU; Nov 25 2020 at 05:20 PM.
    ~ Third Marshal Anaxander -R12 Warden, Chieftain Karukh -R12 Warg ~ Formerly of Elendilmir

  4. #354
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    Just chiming in here to balance the argument somewhat...

    - Freeps have far better clears (because creeps have effectively none), that is indisputable

    - Freep clears are nowhere near as good as some here would have you believe, particularly because many of these clears have downsides to using them i.e. being rooted in place, huge power costs per use etc.

    - Some classes simply haven't got with the times, and have not received the quality of life changes others have, Guardian is absurd and can cure a ridiculous no. of effects, Champion cleanse has a 45 second cooldown and clears ONE...

    - Creepside has far better access to debuffs (and some stackable) that are crippling if left unchecked, many on tiny cooldowns. Disarm, Silence spring to mind, these are wildly overpowered for what they do (Silence less-so in the presence of a Captain), disarm especially. No other debuff on a 20 second CD (with no Diminishing Returns at all) can completely grey out an opponents skill-bar, and in many cases their cure skill (lol).

    I implore any creep suggesting that freeps can cure any and every debuff to try small grouping for a while, I guarantee you that before you get zerged 2mins into the fight by Aghluk mapping in with a 24man, you'll have 4 rows of debuffs/dots on you, some of which give you two-second skill delays with 200% uptime, or grey your entire bar with 25% (at worst) uptime. It is un-fun to say the least.

    How I suggest fixing it:
    Add a cure skill (no repurposing, creeps do not need further rotational simplification) to every creep class that cures two debuffs on a 30 second CD. This combined with the usual cure potions should be balanced, given the imbalance between the no. of debuffs given to each side.

    Additionally, Spider DAMAGE effects should no long be potable, it's ridiculous that a class that deals solely damage over time can have its damage totally nullified simply by using potions. The same goes for Wardens, no DOT based class should be negated by potions. It's like a Champ or a Warg fighting an opponent that has 100% mitigations when they click a cure.

    Just my two cents. I don't want debuffs on either side to be totally irrelevant, but as a Freep I am completely bored of drowning in debuffs that despite my "OP" cures, I can't cure the critical ones like Disarm, Silence or +Induction modifiers. This is most frustrating on RK which despite an excellent cure, is absolutely crippled into oblivion by repeated Silence and Disarm effects.
    You are the most logical player...

    The crowd control is dead for the freeps with 25 easy audacity ... freep only 1, without the armor lol with vip account.

    I will play with my warg in solo, the advantage is better.
    Last edited by Magnumum; Nov 25 2020 at 09:35 PM.

  5. #355
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    204

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnumum View Post
    Another creeps opinion, lol play zerg on your gram rock or GV ...

    You are retired.

    Solo vs craid lol


    Can you watch the video? Well, I have always played that way, and also soloing with my warg for years, your problem is that you have not been in PvMP for 13 years and you are a one-armed player (AKA Manco in Spanish). Yes now I go into raids, because there are only raids. You seem comical to me, seriously, you come here and drop this bs, as if you were a soloer or as if the raids are only done by creeps, since lately they play two creep raids against two or three freep raids plus small groups. Don't try to get smart, if you don't group you don't do anything, and you, not even that. You are another useless freep, that for playing, and in a horrible way, an OP class, like a burglar, you think you are someone, and with me it does not work. So please go elsewhere with your nonsense, since I only notice that you comment, either to try to be the center of attention (which I think is phenomenal) or out of resentment, because you have no ability in PvMP and you try continuously and frustratingly looking at us, who were Old School. Get the hell out there, that's where you'll be best.

  6. #356
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    204

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by AaronIU View Post
    I would respectfully argue everything quoted is wrong.
    I can say exactly the same, but in the opposite way, i speak to others and these same others don't think the same way the ones you speak to. So, you are wrong.

  7. #357
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    204

    Thumbs up Apreciations for @Vastin

    Now, back on topic.
    ______________________________ ______________________
    Please remove freep outfits for the good of the gameplay, they are lagbombs.

    Warg flayer bubble is not updated.

    WL trait "Empowerment" is not updated.

    Blackarrow skill "Explosive Arrow" does not apply AoE damage (nor any damage) as said in tooltip.

    Fire Trap nerf is not good to defend our healers with AoE damage.

    Snares... i don't care about them, tbh, played BA for many years without needing them.
    ______________________________ ____________________
    Nerf Steadfst Barrage range to 30m is totally unnecesary. Aditionally Nerfing Steadfast barrage, Snares and Fire Trap is totally wrong, reason is most users who gave feedback are solo players who loves to stream, recording videos for youtube and/or arrange 1vs1 encounters where both rivals dies most times, it's necessary to remind actual gameplay is group and raid oriented, and soloer's are just a small percentage (no more than 3%) of servers pvmp population.
    ______________________________ ____________________

    Note about St.Barrage: Saw tons of players complain about it, never saw more than 4 or 5 interrupt St barrage, and it's not hard, St barrage can be interrupted with 37 freep skills. So, @Vastin St Barrage is a problem of players who not include interrrupts in their rotations, or simply don't know to interrupt (lol), not a broken mechanic far from the LoS glitch. Also mention St barrage is a R10 skill.
    ______________________________ _____________________
    Conclusion: St Barrage main problem is the freep lack of ability or class knowledge to stop it. Not the skill itself. Reason? They use Valar, grind gear with friends and enter moors without having more than a basic knowledge about their classes, that's why everyone complain about St. Barrage. First the LoS, now the damage... No MP can believe a negative feedback about the skill can be sent by any of us, only by freep players.
    ______________________________ _____________________
    To conclude, an example, yesterday inside DoF, three BA's being outhealed while using St. Barrage on a 300k morale hunter. Still thinking the skill is strong, no way. It's in the other hand neccesary, because if Devs don't take care from the awesome lag experience the only reliable skill maybe takes some time to get fired, but it does, is just, St. Barrage. On large fights at Evernight lag don't even let us BA's fire punctured target, how do you expect people can use rotations if thre's zero work to prevent this insane lag? That's why outfits removal is a MUST. I would rip off mounts, pets (cosmetic), emotes... but sadly freeps needs mounts, but no pets (cosmetic) or emotes on PvMP.
    ______________________________ _____________________
    So I'll end as I started:

    Please remove freep outfits for the good of the gameplay, they are lagbombs.
    Please remove freep outfits for the good of the gameplay, they are lagbombs.
    Please remove freep outfits for the good of the gameplay, they are lagbombs.
    Please remove freep outfits for the good of the gameplay, they are lagbombs.
    Please remove freep outfits for the good of the gameplay, they are lagbombs.

  8. #358
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuzuriha_EN View Post
    Now, back on topic.
    ______________________________ ______________________
    Please remove freep outfits for the good of the gameplay, they are lagbombs.

    Warg flayer bubble is not updated.

    WL trait "Empowerment" is not updated.

    Blackarrow skill "Explosive Arrow" does not apply AoE damage (nor any damage) as said in tooltip.

    Fire Trap nerf is not good to defend our healers with AoE damage.

    Snares... i don't care about them, tbh, played BA for many years without needing them.
    ______________________________ ____________________
    Nerf Steadfst Barrage range to 30m is totally unnecesary. Aditionally Nerfing Steadfast barrage, Snares and Fire Trap is totally wrong, reason is most users who gave feedback are solo players who loves to stream, recording videos for youtube and/or arrange 1vs1 encounters where both rivals dies most times, it's necessary to remind actual gameplay is group and raid oriented, and soloer's are just a small percentage (no more than 3%) of servers pvmp population.
    ______________________________ ____________________

    Note about St.Barrage: Saw tons of players complain about it, never saw more than 4 or 5 interrupt St barrage, and it's not hard, St barrage can be interrupted with 37 freep skills. So, @Vastin St Barrage is a problem of players who not include interrrupts in their rotations, or simply don't know to interrupt (lol), not a broken mechanic far from the LoS glitch. Also mention St barrage is a R10 skill.
    ______________________________ _____________________
    Conclusion: St Barrage main problem is the freep lack of ability or class knowledge to stop it. Not the skill itself. Reason? They use Valar, grind gear with friends and enter moors without having more than a basic knowledge about their classes, that's why everyone complain about St. Barrage. First the LoS, now the damage... No MP can believe a negative feedback about the skill can be sent by any of us, only by freep players.
    ______________________________ _____________________
    To conclude, an example, yesterday inside DoF, three BA's being outhealed while using St. Barrage on a 300k morale hunter. Still thinking the skill is strong, no way. It's in the other hand neccesary, because if Devs don't take care from the awesome lag experience the only reliable skill maybe takes some time to get fired, but it does, is just, St. Barrage. On large fights at Evernight lag don't even let us BA's fire punctured target, how do you expect people can use rotations if thre's zero work to prevent this insane lag? That's why outfits removal is a MUST. I would rip off mounts, pets (cosmetic), emotes... but sadly freeps needs mounts, but no pets (cosmetic) or emotes on PvMP.
    ______________________________ _____________________
    So I'll end as I started:

    Please remove freep outfits for the good of the gameplay, they are lagbombs.
    Please remove freep outfits for the good of the gameplay, they are lagbombs.
    Please remove freep outfits for the good of the gameplay, they are lagbombs.
    Please remove freep outfits for the good of the gameplay, they are lagbombs.
    Please remove freep outfits for the good of the gameplay, they are lagbombs.
    NO! No removal of freep outfits. If they do remove freep outfit then please remove creep skins too, since it is all lagbomb. Put the creeps glass off and think for both sides fgs.

    Lots of freeps spends a lot of time in the etten and they dont wanna look like garbage because the 90% of the last armor skins are exactly that - garbage. Imagine all stalkers looking the same boring way. I bet you would go nuts about it.

    Stop searching all the problems on freeps. We dont have that lag issues because freeps are now with cosmetics in the moors. There is no proof and no data that would support your statement.

    Since 2016 the EU servers are in New Jersey and since that moment all this lag fiesta began. So stop spreading bs pls.

  9. #359
    It's not outfits that are causing lag, or zone transitions, or any of the other theories people have written in this thread. It's more likely your computer.

    A few months back I was temporarily playing on a 10 year old machine with a low end graphics card. The game ran just fine on high graphics settings, except in the Moors. I'd be running across an empty field and suddenly die, followed by 20 or so enemy players appearing while I lay there. I'd run from the draw distance limit all to way inside their raid before any of them loaded. This didn't happen with small groups or NPCs though.

    Back on my regular machine, a modern mid-range PC with another low end graphics card, I run all the graphics on maximum settings in the Moors and have no lag of any kind. The entire zone is one seamless experience no matter how many people I'm facing.

    One of the things I always liked about LOTRO was that it was more than playable on ancient computers, unlike many other games from the same era that needed a high end machine.

    There's a setting in the options to automatically reduce graphics settings in the Moors. Give that a try.

  10. #360
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameranth View Post
    It's more likely your computer.
    I remember being told this by people almost 10 years ago. "Just upgrade your PC bro". While I don't think that you should try running LotRO on a potato, the optimization has always been pretty poor. It's not a single underlying issue that's easily fixable by disabling cosmetics though.
    Telc
    Arkenstone| Shock and Awe | Altria

    Arkenstone | Leader of Dark Impulse | Telcely
    Original Challenger of Gothmog


  11. #361
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameranth View Post
    It's not outfits that are causing lag, or zone transitions, or any of the other theories people have written in this thread. It's more likely your computer.

    A few months back I was temporarily playing on a 10 year old machine with a low end graphics card. The game ran just fine on high graphics settings, except in the Moors. I'd be running across an empty field and suddenly die, followed by 20 or so enemy players appearing while I lay there. I'd run from the draw distance limit all to way inside their raid before any of them loaded. This didn't happen with small groups or NPCs though.

    Back on my regular machine, a modern mid-range PC with another low end graphics card, I run all the graphics on maximum settings in the Moors and have no lag of any kind. The entire zone is one seamless experience no matter how many people I'm facing.

    One of the things I always liked about LOTRO was that it was more than playable on ancient computers, unlike many other games from the same era that needed a high end machine.

    There's a setting in the options to automatically reduce graphics settings in the Moors. Give that a try.
    If your FPS is dropping drastically below normal rates whenever you 'lag' and the game is choppy during 'lag' or you get screen-tearing issues, then it is probably because your graphics card is bottlenecking and cannot handle what's occurring on the screen. Update your drivers, or turn your graphics settings down, or upgrade your graphics card. I'll note there are some things in this game which are so poorly optimised and will give you FPS if you disable them (e.g. tick the options which hide your fellowships non-dispellable effects and effects not cast by you, you will gain quite a bit of FPS from this alone).

    If your FPS is low but the issue is more like textures/objects are failing to load quickly, or you run into an area and have to wait for it to load (e.g. objects popping in - though note sometimes this happens even with a good PC, usually with NPCs - probably an issue with the game/engine), or you get very long loading screens when transitioning between zones, then it is probably because your CPU is bottlenecking or your HDD is slow. Solution is to upgrade your CPU and/or install the game on an SSD (which I would highly recommend, and put your operating system on an SSD too).

    If, however, you (like me) have the game installed on an SSD with a good CPU and a good graphics card and you maintain a solid 60fps basically regardless of what is occurring on-screen... then if you experience lag it is entirely due to either your own internet connection or the server bottlenecking and failing to process everything fast enough.

    Now, when you're in a full raid and EVERYONE in the raid is waiting for their skills to fire... then clearly the issue is NOT with anyone's computer or their individual internet connection. Clearly, the issue is with the server.

    Cohorts of the Red Legion
    Vae Victis - Woe to the vanquished.
    Timidi mater non flet.

  12. #362
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,387
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaChaLoco View Post
    If, however, you (like me) have the game installed on an SSD with a good CPU and a good graphics card and you maintain a solid 60fps basically regardless of what is occurring on-screen... then if you experience lag it is entirely due to either your own internet connection or the server bottlenecking and failing to process everything fast enough.
    On any other game this is definitely true but not for LotRO, this game is so horribly optimised. I play on a £2,000 rig, NVMe SSD, fast memory, 8 core i9 running at 5.4GHz and an RTX2070 for the basic specs, and I have 400 FPS until I select an enemy with 5+ rows of debuffs/buffs/effects and suddenly I'm at 4 FPS.

    If I play on DirectX9 I sustain 400 FPS no matter what, if I play on DX11 which I have to due to selection-circle/puddle bugs on DX9, I have these horrible spikes at random, the problem is absolutely not my machine, three screens and I can run 1x 4k game and 2x 1080p games simultaneously on max settings but LotRO is too demanding? No, the game is just optimised like trash.

    Cosmetic outfits are not the cause of the lag, the masses of debuffs/buffs/effects and damage counters/calcs done every time you select and enemy are. I for one hated stepping into the Moors as a Freep and looking like a cookie-cutter-plebeian, outfits are a pretty essential part of identity and identity (just like Creepside cosmetics) are pretty important for an MMO, a community-based game.
    #15skills

  13. #363
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    16
    A new server only for pvmp.
    Characters with the same level.
    Similar styles and skills.
    Freeps and creeps equal.
    Good for performance and balancing.
    May the fastest win.
    Last edited by Filnor; Nov 26 2020 at 03:20 PM.

  14. #364
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    On any other game this is definitely true but not for LotRO, this game is so horribly optimised. I play on a £2,000 rig, NVMe SSD, fast memory, 8 core i9 running at 5.4GHz and an RTX2070 for the basic specs, and I have 400 FPS until I select an enemy with 5+ rows of debuffs/buffs/effects and suddenly I'm at 4 FPS.
    You must've missed the part where I said that if you're experiencing lag but your FPS is still high then it is a connection/server issue. If you are experiencing lag WITH low FPS, then it is because your PC is trash or the game is poorly optimised or both. I already mentioned the buff/debuff bars are terribly optimised and may cause lag on even the hardiest of systems.

    Also you should not run your game at 400fps unless you have a monitor with a 400hz refresh rate. Figure out your monitors refresh rate and then either enable v-sync or otherwise cap your FPS to your refresh rate using your AMD or NVidia control panel.

    Cohorts of the Red Legion
    Vae Victis - Woe to the vanquished.
    Timidi mater non flet.

  15. #365
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaChaLoco View Post
    You must've missed the part where I said that if you're experiencing lag but your FPS is still high then it is a connection/server issue. If you are experiencing lag WITH low FPS, then it is because your PC is trash or the game is poorly optimised or both. I already mentioned the buff/debuff bars are terribly optimised and may cause lag on even the hardiest of systems.

    Also you should not run your game at 400fps unless you have a monitor with a 400hz refresh rate. Figure out your monitors refresh rate and then either enable v-sync or otherwise cap your FPS to your refresh rate using your AMD or NVidia control panel.
    You sound like a typical representative of a video card store, giving out banal tips on turning on cosmetics and other super-surface things related to turning off sunlight, reflections, and so on... But I just understand very well the post of Ethrildar. I didn't understand where these little cramps came from. And as soon as I accidentally looked at the column of buffs in the RAID and debuffs on Freeps, I found that these brakes are due to the update of buffs/debuffs on your target, or in the RAID, if the buffs display is enabled... as soon as I turned it off, everything went back to normal, but not completely. However, there are small hours from moving from one zone to another. So, in a single-player game, everything happens like clockwork, very gently, without a single lag, but as soon as the road zone, and very little depends on the computer. Moreover, we are not stupid people, we know how to distinguish server lags from computer lags.

  16. #366
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by AstarioL View Post
    You sound like a typical representative of a video card store, giving out banal tips on turning on cosmetics and other super-surface things related to turning off sunlight, reflections, and so on... But I just understand very well the post of Ethrildar. I didn't understand where these little cramps came from. And as soon as I accidentally looked at the column of buffs in the RAID and debuffs on Freeps, I found that these brakes are due to the update of buffs/debuffs on your target, or in the RAID, if the buffs display is enabled... as soon as I turned it off, everything went back to normal, but not completely. However, there are small hours from moving from one zone to another. So, in a single-player game, everything happens like clockwork, very gently, without a single lag, but as soon as the road zone, and very little depends on the computer. Moreover, we are not stupid people, we know how to distinguish server lags from computer lags.
    I'll just quote myself again: "I already mentioned the buff/debuff bars are terribly optimised and may cause lag on even the hardiest of systems."

    Whether the buff/debuff flickering causing lag is to do with a CPU bottleneck or a GPU bottleneck I'm not sure. It is because it's poorly optimised but there's nothing you can do to change that other than complain to the developers and hope they optimise it better. You can however improve your own tech, but my point was that this aspect of the game is so terribly optimised that improving your own PC might not show any improvement in this particular case (it may in other cases, e.g. with rendering shadows or lots of characters on-screen at once).

    Anyway, as I was saying whether the buff/debuff flickering is a CPU or GPU bottleneck I'm not exactly sure. I'd have to test it and look at some analytics, but there's really no point in me doing that as making the changes in the option menu I suggested totally solves the issue by hiding those buffs/debuffs from view. It's clearly NOT a server issue though, as all of those calculations are still going on in the background on the server end of things and given that hiding them from the player view solves the lag issue that suggests it's something on the player's end of things which is struggling to process the poorly optimised feature.

    Anyway, this is a non-issue. But it's very clear to me that many of the people who read and comment on these sorts of thread clearly do not know the difference between client-side FPS lag, internet connection lag, and server-side processing lag.

    Cohorts of the Red Legion
    Vae Victis - Woe to the vanquished.
    Timidi mater non flet.

  17. #367
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    484
    Lag! where do you even begin?

    It's nothing new at all. Certainly combat lag gets more extreme every time a new cog is added to the game's already complex and bloated combat mechanics, but there are multiple types of lag. I have no idea the true causes, but theorizing:



    • 'Local awareness' lag, where many characters are all assembled at the same place. This type of lag is unavoidable. It is chiefly responsible for 'skill lag'.
    • 'Rubber-banding' lag, possibly the initial symptom of a connection issue. It feels a bit like reduced awareness due to high local population, but I don't think it's the same, for it can be experienced solo when nowhere near anyone else, can happen at any time, and can be felt anywhere in Middle-earth.
    • 'Bandwidth bottleneck', (the same cause as rubber-banding, but worse) resulting in packet loss and broken connections. Can happen on an individual basis, or sometimes server-wide, depending on whether the problem is server side or client side (your internet connection). You will notice your character running on the spot, and then usually the server will boot you.
    • 'Combat lag', resulting in severe reduction of FPS. This is found within the combat system, which has to compute through a target that has multiple rows of buffs and effects, like bubbled champs, healing RKs, last-stand captains, shield wardens etc. Also can happen with sudden stance changes, gear-swapping.


    It also helps if you're not on a Boundary Line. These are the lines that partition the various areas within the Moors. When you cross one of these boundaries the lag spike is noticeable. It really is not a good idea to engage in a fight, particularly group v group fights, on these lines.

    Ettemoors Boundary Lines:



    Here's some old videos of Laaaag. The first I uploaded 7 years ago, the second nearly 5 years ago. Lag has always been a feature in Ettens.




  18. #368
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuzuriha_EN View Post


    Can you watch the video? Well, I have always played that way, and also soloing with my warg for years, your problem is that you have not been in PvMP for 13 years and you are a one-armed player (AKA Manco in Spanish). Yes now I go into raids, because there are only raids. You seem comical to me, seriously, you come here and drop this bs, as if you were a soloer or as if the raids are only done by creeps, since lately they play two creep raids against two or three freep raids plus small groups. Don't try to get smart, if you don't group you don't do anything, and you, not even that. You are another useless freep, that for playing, and in a horrible way, an OP class, like a burglar, you think you are someone, and with me it does not work. So please go elsewhere with your nonsense, since I only notice that you comment, either to try to be the center of attention (which I think is phenomenal) or out of resentment, because you have no ability in PvMP and you try continuously and frustratingly looking at us, who were Old School. Get the hell out there, that's where you'll be best.
    If you see more than 7 burglars on Evernight, that's a record ... I see over 60 blackarrowns every day (limit) it's great fun ^^ your video is from 2012 lol the time the pvp was not ignored. This is the moment when blackarrown does not kill on 2 skills ... yes I play solo like the warg that waits on EC lol

    P.S: Get raid armor before you can play Ettens and you'll see it's boring ... but, you don't understand, you're retired.
    Vastin encourages creep after u28.2, you can kill 7-10 players on gv. good luck

  19. #369
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    337
    Warden broken now since ssg, we must play in yellow line to survive lol you see how many warden in pvp?


  20. #370
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,890
    The UI system and vital bar buffs and debuffs are a lag issue, and it's been known for a long time.

    Here's me talking to an engineer on the old Turbine team back in 2015 about it...

    Quote Originally Posted by Trennor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg
    Hey Trennor,

    I had a few questions thoughts on some engineering type issues. Primarily the buff/debuff lag. It's a big and near constant issue in the moors. System performance drops, even clear of land boundries/server lines, when targeting someone who is receiving large numbers of buffs and/or debuffs.

    Is this a client side issue? Are we being bottle necked checking with the server?

    We're able to mitigate the issue by forwarding our target through an assist player - as long as our target isn't loading in the target vitals (which loads the buffs/debuffs for that target) - things run smoothly. It is only when we target directly in this situation that the performance hit happens.

    Is there any way to mitigate this?

    In terms of a question asked by players - THIS is the most frequent.
    Welp, I totally missed your message for five months. Sorry about that! I guess I don't check my PMs as often as I should.

    I suspect it's primarily a client-side issue, but I haven't had the chance to personally deep-dive into the problem, unfortunately -- it is, however, on our radar, and we recognize it as a huge quality-of-life issue. Lag sucks, especially in PvP!

    Does your lag manifest as a hitching framerate? That is, when you target someone with a lot of effects, does your fps temporarily drop or your client stop responding for a second? Local framerate drops usually indicate we're doing some sort of client-side blocking data transfer (e.g. between the scripting system and the UI, or loading assets). Client-to-server requests are asynchronous, so they shouldn't result in obvious, in-your-face lag unless there's some kind of network saturation going on, which itself would probably manifest as rubberbanding or ping-ponging players or mobs. Server lag on its own doesn't usually cause a framerate drop.

    In any case, thanks for your message -- it's actually really helpful. I wish I could give you some really helpful recommendations for mitigation, but I don't have any offhand.


    Even my Signature is trolling!

  21. #371
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnumum View Post
    If you see more than 7 burglars on Evernight, that's a record ... I see over 60 blackarrowns every day (limit) it's great fun ^^ your video is from 2012 lol the time the pvp was not ignored. This is the moment when blackarrown does not kill on 2 skills ... yes I play solo like the warg that waits on EC lol

    maybe it would be much funnier if BA's could one shot from stealth like hunters or your burg

  22. #372
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by sazupt View Post
    maybe it would be much funnier if BA's could one shot from stealth like hunters or your burg
    lol i never killed a creeps on a hit, i'm not an easy mode player i play pvp with only 495k in mastery but, i have a lot of defense. I like to make the fight last but impossible with the zergs on Evernight ... I fight the stunners not the players.

  23. #373
    Oh, Vastin, one quick thing on Warg:

    The skill Snap! is seriously outdated, the silence on crit is a largely useless (and certainly bizarre) feature, but most importantly the -10% outgoing damage has not scaled well at all with Freep mastery, and either needs to be increased to like -40% or higher, or (preferably) scale it so it actually reduces damage by 10% (and throwing in a 25% inc heal debuff for five seconds, not stackable with VT instead of the silence would be cool).
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

    ~Rank 14 Warg, Arkenstone~

 

 
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload