We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bullroarer Update 28.2 - Preview #1 - CLOSED

Bullroarer is CLOSED
    Thank you for your participation and feedback!

Server Closing Time: Thursday, 11/12 5:00 PM EST (Subject to change)

Monster Play Balance Changes
    Bullroarer is available for an early look at some Monster Play balance changes.

Release Notes:
    Monster Play:
    • Major changes to how monster player stats are wired up behind the scenes, to make them advance more consistently with player stats when we level bump or generally restat the game, AND to allow us to easily give Creeps incremental ratings bumps to keep pace with player itemization over the course of a full level cap cycle.
    • Creeps now also receive a generic multiplier to base HP and Damage to help keep pace with player itemization, this multiplier can also be quickly updated to let us bump creeps whenever new content is released with higher ilevel itemization for Freeps.
    • Lots of tweaking to specific Creep base rating values as well as trait and skill ratings values.
    • Creeps will now generally start with significantly better ratings even before they add corruptions.
    • Physical Mitigation corruptions now ALSO give B/P/E boosts.
    • Tactical Mitigation Corruptions now ALSO give Resistance.
    • Resistance corruptions still exist, but they will probably be replaced/altered when we have a chance to expand the corruption tray and do a more deliberate pass on corruptions.
    • Updated a lot of morale/power regen sources, including monster player skills/traits, and many consumables for both freeps and creeps.
    • Finished major damage/heal normalization pass.
    • Bumped a lot of their weaker damage skills.
    • Made a number of aoe's non fellowship dependent.

Instances:
    • Shakalush: The Stair Battle - Duo Reward Chests will now spawn correctly
    • Amdân Dammul, the Bloody Threshold:
      • Fixed an issue that prevented Frenzied Wargs from spawning after 4 sets during the Gorgar and Ránulur encounter
      • Corrected an issue that was causing Gorgar's Lance Strike skill to not always distribute to nearby players when it looked like it should have. Will now distribute to players within 10 meters of his target.
      • Shield of the Longbeards will no longer block line of sight.

Quests & Adventure Areas:
    • Tradeable, unbound reputation granting tokens now have appropriate region quests gating their usage.
    • Midsummer - Firefly Mithril travel and Quest guide locations fixed.
    • The Crumpled Note can now be read from the quest tracker during 'Grimbeorn's Interruption'.
    • Addressed some of the Quest Guide issues with the shades for 'Ghostly Figures'.
    • Mithril travel and quest guides have been fixed for quests What Ales You and Emerald Fireflies.
    • Saebereth, Queen of the Saewethil, will no longer display her name before she jumps down to fight during 'Instance: Mazog in the Web'.
    • Banners for the quest What Waits at Byre Tor will now respawn more slowly.
    • Fixed a flow issue with 'Instance: The Road To Dunharrow' where players could get stuck if they followed Ur into the Paths of the Dead.
    • Midsummer - Lightning in a Bottle - Quests will no longer erroneously say 'Completed' in the dialogue window before placing the lanterns.
    • Fixed the missing Quest Guide for 'Eggs for Gammer Tunnelly'.
    • Adjusting the position of several Mithril Travel destinations in Misthallow.
    • Quest - Wildermore - The Search of Gársig's Farm - players who were stuck on this quest should be able to complete it now.
    • Quest - Pilfering Orkish Orders - has been grounded. Orkish Orders will no longer be floating in the air.
    • Fixed a typo in quest "Routing the Spies".
    • Small bush poking through ramp into Thorin's Hall fixed.
    • Characters of different levels in Fellowship Duos no longer need to acquire every quest in the “Available Quests” category on an NPC in order to be able to see the “Available Private Encounters” category.
    • Cancelling mission quests will no longer incorrectly apply the daily reset timer. Cancelled mission quests can now be picked up again after waiting a few seconds.
    • The Harvestmath (Fall) Festival has been extended through 11/30/2020.

Misc:
    • Boar mounted Jump animation is smoother for all races. Boar mounting animation has been fixed for all races.
    • All mount types can now be used in Thorin's Hall.
    • Adventurer's gear, when opened at level 130, will now create at item level 428, with the chance to create at up to item level 430.
    Last edited by Kehleyr_SSG; Nov 12 2020 at 06:02 PM.

It would be useful if we could get The Gabil'akkâ rep from Ransroth.

Also, there doesn't seem to be any way to get access to War of Three Peaks in E&G.

Edit: Correction, you can buy Wo3P in the LOTRO store for 1995 TP.
    Last edited by Thurallor; Nov 10 2020 at 04:01 PM.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval
    Author of plugins: SequenceBars, Reminders, others

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post
    • Adventurer's gear, when opened at level 130, will now create at item level 428, with the chance to create at up to item level 430.
    So u mean that all the embers we used to get the 426 items 2 weeks ago are completely wasted? ###

Some of us would appreciate some use other than cosmetics for our Gabilakka marks. Currently we can't even buy pets for our alts, as the game does not allow us to buy something we already know.

Even a few motes for marks would help.

Thank you
    Arequain Belechael, Legate of Celosien, Minas Brethil, Lebennin

Quote Originally Posted by Caladria-Gr View Post
    So u mean that all the embers we used to get the 426 items 2 weeks ago are completely wasted? ###
    This is what has been happening since Mordor. That is why I don't open any boxes until after 3 small updates. Sorry that you didn't know about it.
    Arequain Belechael, Legate of Celosien, Minas Brethil, Lebennin

Quote Originally Posted by Caladria-Gr View Post
    Pretty much yeah... I also spent some from trader, lucky i can farm to cap pretty easy with 7 chars without open boxes.

[*]Tradeable, unbound reputation granting tokens now have appropriate region quests gating their usage.
    [*]Adventurer's gear, when opened at level 130, will now create at item level 428, with the chance to create at up to item level 430.
    Beyond stupid changes,such a fast item lvl increase while crafting offhands still lag behind.And I wont even get into reputation token change.Its just there to make it more tedious to max out outdated rep for some extra LP.Are you realy this desperate for cash?Unreal,wont even bother commenting on other changes.

Can't download update, bullroarer launcher keep getting errors

Adventurer's gear, when opened at level 130, will now create at item level 428, with the chance to create at up to item level 430.
    The second I saw this change, I uninstalled my client in sheer disgust, and quit the game right then and there. If lootboxes are the future for this game, I will not be a part of it.
    Officially retired from LotRO on 11/10/20.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueZombie6 View Post
    The second I saw this change, I uninstalled my client in sheer disgust, and quit the game right then and there. If lootboxes are the future for this game, I will not be a part of it.
    Working for ember gear boxes too?

Bullroarer is OPEN

Server Closing Time: Thursday, 11/12 5:00 PM EST (Subject to change)

Monster Play Balance Changes
    Bullroarer is available for an early look at some Monster Play balance changes.

Release Notes:
    Monster Play:
    • Major changes to how monster player stats are wired up behind the scenes, to make them advance more consistently with player stats when we level bump or generally restat the game, AND to allow us to easily give Creeps incremental ratings bumps to keep pace with player itemization over the course of a full level cap cycle.
    • Creeps now also receive a generic multiplier to base HP and Damage to help keep pace with player itemization, this multiplier can also be quickly updated to let us bump creeps whenever new content is released with higher ilevel itemization for Freeps.
    • Lots of tweaking to specific Creep base rating values as well as trait and skill ratings values.
    • Creeps will now generally start with significantly better ratings even before they add corruptions.
    • Physical Mitigation corruptions now ALSO give B/P/E boosts.
    • Tactical Mitigation Corruptions now ALSO give Resistance.
    • Resistance corruptions still exist, but they will probably be replaced/altered when we have a chance to expand the corruption tray and do a more deliberate pass on corruptions.
    • Updated a lot of morale/power regen sources, including monster player skills/traits, and many consumables for both freeps and creeps.
    • Finished major damage/heal normalization pass.
    • Bumped a lot of their weaker damage skills.
    • Made a number of aoe's non fellowship dependent.
    Where are the guardian notes? it's been 5-8 months already... yet pvmp gets an update in 1-2 months? (Don't get me wrong, i love creeps finally getting worked on)

[*]Adventurer's gear, when opened at level 130, will now create at item level 428, with the chance to create at up to item level 430.[/LIST]
    Wow, after people have spend 10-20+ boxes for weapons and more (35k-70k+ embers) you do this. That's truly disgusting.

Also where is the guardian update?

This is exactly why I haven't bartered at the ember NPC since WoTP hit. Upgrading ember/lootbox gear this soon after the last update, is really bad, but saw it coming. I see another soon too.

Rep items, I think is a good change. It ensures that players need to own regions before they can just max out rep for those regions. As it should be, and the gates showing on the items are minor, so not much work involved.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

You know that minimum ilvl for Remmo gear is 426, right? Raid gear is 426 and with that change, ember gear is better than raid gear.

Welcome to P2W. Didn't you promise that no lootbox gear will be better than raid game? It sounds like broken promise for me.
    Anamura, Sunnarea, Silenius, Neuschwanstein, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Fingaladir, Meowear, Virgilio, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)
    Amilegeth, Wargarr, Shakarabash, Luklubuz, Grishlukashkahkh, Dashkanakh
    "One lag to lag them all and in the lagness lag them"

Haven't they been pulling this nonsense since L120? It's why I left live servers for Legendary in Nov. 2018 and never looked back. The endless ember/essence reclamation grind and biweekly gear upgrading was soul-crushing.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

This is another desperate cash-grab, most likely triggered by the very poor sell rates of the latest "mini-expansion". I hope Daybreak shuts this nonsense down asap, so the the license can be picked up some decent company who will modernize the game. This is just pathetic atm.

If you guys have problem with gear from 3500 embers boxes going up is really time to quit lotro. Embers are so easy to get this days. And : YOU REALLY NOT NEED ANY OF THIS NEW STUFF you can beat current content in what is on live now.
    Pvp patch and all i see is moaning about guardians (guess what they have no problem to get spot in new raid) and adventurer gear designed for non raiding people.

Who is paying money to open boxes from an EMBERS barterer? Embers are easily earned in game from many different sources - free.

Quote Originally Posted by TronGilrain View Post
    If you guys have problem with gear from 3500 embers boxes going up is really time to quit lotro. Embers are so easy to get this days. And : YOU REALLY NOT NEED ANY OF THIS NEW STUFF you can beat current content in what is on live now.
    Pvp patch and all i see is moaning about guardians (guess what they have no problem to get spot in new raid) and adventurer gear designed for non raiding people.
    However, this "adventurer gear designed for non raiding people" has more ilvl than gear designed for raiding people

Creep changes are nice, it sounds like some quick balance design allowing for easier balances in the future.
    Anamura, Sunnarea, Silenius, Neuschwanstein, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Fingaladir, Meowear, Virgilio, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)

Quote Originally Posted by Fegefeuer View Post
    You know that minimum ilvl for Remmo gear is 426, right? Raid gear is 426 and with that change, ember gear is better than raid gear.

Welcome to P2W. Didn't you promise that no lootbox gear will be better than raid game? It sounds like broken promise for me.
    You know what we have new location and AD have 430 gear, right? Don't expect sitting with your huge amount of characters with 426 gear and complete Gundabad with it. You can't complete East Rohan with Moria set, and you can't complete new locations with 426 set, it's ok. You have more sources of ember right now, you can get that 3500 ember every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    You know what we have new location and AD have 430 gear, right? Don't expect sitting with your huge amount of characters with 426 gear and complete Gundabad with it. You can't complete East Rohan with Moria set, and you can't complete new locations with 426 set, it's ok. You have more sources of ember right now, you can get that 3500 ember every week.
    Yeah, i got some 430+ drops but just disenchanted it.. dont really need it.. 330k unbuffed morale on my hunter with capped Mastery/Crit.
    Last edited by HeliStorm; Nov 11 2020 at 07:19 AM.

Huh? You can comfortably do everything with 426 pieces, we were already able to hit crit/mastery cap, new gear basically just bumped morale a bit.
    ~ If all classes were equal people would actually have to start playing competently to get into groups ~

Lmao comparing Moria lvl60 with East Rohan lvl85 VS Minas Morgul lvl130 and Elderslade lvl130 looooool

As usual not sure what comparison you are making. Is new location elderslade in which case I have no problem running it with mixed teal and langflood purples at 418 or so? If new location is gundabad (in the future) then I assume perhaps incorrectly that a new level cap will pretty much quickly invalidate any gear obtained at 130 as happened every cap increase recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayne2 View Post
    Who is paying money to open boxes from an EMBERS barterer? Embers are easily earned in game from many different sources - free.
    Yes, you are totally right but the way to get them become very very boring.
    I mean while they cut to half everything most of ways to get embers just canceled- ppl just dont run them for such small amount.
    Harrow/roost T2, REM T1 full run, Chamber T1/T2 etc.
    I dont complain because I actually dont need it but many seems to dislike the fact that they cut it by half regarding to lose of some game activity.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast