We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    22

    When can we buy the new carry-all's?

    If you buy the collectors or ultimate version of three peaks you get to choose between a large crafting carry-all, a large task item carry-all, a large essence carry-all, a large instrument carry-all or a large housing decoration carry-all.

    I took the task item carry-all, and am really happy with that. I am just wondering when we can buy these in the store, because I want at least 2 more for other characters.

    Come on SSG, let me give you some more money

  2. #2
    I suggested the music instruments carry all, they heard me but... Nothing in store. Still waiting for it too. Not interested in the expansion, I just want the carry all.
    Anamura, Sunnarea, Silenius, Neuschwanstein, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Fingaladir, Meowear, Virgilio, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)
    Amilegeth, Wargarr, Shakarabash, Luklubuz, Grishlukashkahkh, Dashkanakh
    "One lag to lag them all and in the lagness lag them"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,026
    Quote Originally Posted by DKS-70 View Post
    If you buy the collectors or ultimate version of three peaks you get to choose between a large crafting carry-all, a large task item carry-all, a large essence carry-all, a large instrument carry-all or a large housing decoration carry-all.

    I took the task item carry-all, and am really happy with that. I am just wondering when we can buy these in the store, because I want at least 2 more for other characters.

    Come on SSG, let me give you some more money
    If you are short on storage and also already have purchased all personal inventory bags, some shared storage or housing, and the premium wallet, then the right purchase for storage space is a new character slot. They cost 595 LP, and come with 135 inventory slots and 30 bank slots (which you can expand with in game gold to 120 bank slots - for 17 gold and 510 silver). Best of all every one of those slots can hold EVERY type of item. Lets compare:

    A new character gives you 255 slots for 595 LP, so each slot costs you 3 LP.
    A small carry all gives you 10 slots for 1295 LP, so each slot costs you 130 LP. If you take higher stacks into account each slot still costs you 33 LP.
    A medium carry all gives you 25 slots for 1495 LP, so each slot costs you 60 LP. If you take higher stacks into account each slot still costs you 15 LP.
    A large carry all gives you 50 slots for 1995 LP, so each slot costs you 40 LP. If you take higher stacks into account each slot still costs you 10 LP.

    Even if you take into consideration that carryalls stack items in a higher quantity (4 stacks of the same item in your inventory can combine to 1 in a carry-all) than a regular inventory slot, you still are not getting your money's worth. For that to even matter you have to have a stackable item of exactly the same thing you already have a full stack of. Even if you happened to have four stacks of every item you are putting into the carry all, you are still paying more than triple for those slots.

    The only advantage here is for crafting and task items, where you might want easy access to the goods in those inventories, and easier transferring of those goods into vaults. Why they even bothered to make the other types makes no sense to me. When are you in such a rush that you need a bag with all your furniture in it, or a bag with all your instruments? Make a storage mule, it will save you money.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    In Bree with the homies
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Fegefeuer View Post
    I suggested the music instruments carry all, they heard me but... Nothing in store. Still waiting for it too. Not interested in the expansion, I just want the carry all.
    Same here.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufkin View Post
    If you are short on storage and also already have purchased all personal inventory bags, some shared storage or housing, and the premium wallet, then the right purchase for storage space is a new character slot. They cost 595 LP, and come with 135 inventory slots and 30 bank slots (which you can expand with in game gold to 120 bank slots - for 17 gold and 510 silver). Best of all every one of those slots can hold EVERY type of item.
    This is not completely correct..... The calculation you made is assuming that the player has bought ALL inventory bag slots. A player that has not bought any inventory slots doesn't get 135, they get significantly less..... also some inventory slots came with money-bought expansions.

    Additionally, the housing (and maybe also the instrument carryall?) make items stack.
    I picked the housing carryall as I had so much housing stuff in vaults, housing chests, etc.... and with it I was abled to reduce storage everywhere because housing items STACK! This is so brilliant, not even a toon with all bag spaces open can really compare to it, as you will just put everything that you have more than one of in a housing carryall slot..... I had 5 goose houses and numerous wreaths and open, half open closed whatever lanterns from the midsummer festival taking up 40+ slots.... now they take up less than 10 inside the housing carryall, and the housing carryall can go into 1 shared storage slot.

    Crafting carryalls work the same way in they stack to 5000 instead of 500, so you can reduce your footprint of storage by a ten-fold if you are a crafter.

    So while you can create a bunch of storage alts (and believe me, I have several!) they are a bit more of a hassle because you have to log them on/off just to get something.
    So there is also a "ease of use" factor that might weigh in favor of carry-alls.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,026
    Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    This is not completely correct..... The calculation you made is assuming that the player has bought ALL inventory bag slots. A player that has not bought any inventory slots doesn't get 135, they get significantly less..... also some inventory slots came with money-bought expansions.

    Additionally, the housing (and maybe also the instrument carryall?) make items stack.
    I picked the housing carryall as I had so much housing stuff in vaults, housing chests, etc.... and with it I was abled to reduce storage everywhere because housing items STACK! This is so brilliant, not even a toon with all bag spaces open can really compare to it, as you will just put everything that you have more than one of in a housing carryall slot..... I had 5 goose houses and numerous wreaths and open, half open closed whatever lanterns from the midsummer festival taking up 40+ slots.... now they take up less than 10 inside the housing carryall, and the housing carryall can go into 1 shared storage slot.

    Crafting carryalls work the same way in they stack to 5000 instead of 500, so you can reduce your footprint of storage by a ten-fold if you are a crafter.

    So while you can create a bunch of storage alts (and believe me, I have several!) they are a bit more of a hassle because you have to log them on/off just to get something.
    So there is also a "ease of use" factor that might weigh in favor of carry-alls.
    You obviously didn't read my post. Go back and read it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufkin View Post
    If you are short on storage and also already have purchased all personal inventory bags,
    Has nothing to do with storage, but with having a bag that takes all task items and save me from having 15-20 different items in inventory after an hour or two of playing.
    Last edited by DKS-70; Oct 28 2020 at 09:44 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,026
    Quote Originally Posted by DKS-70 View Post
    Has nothing to do with storage, but with having a bag that takes all task items and save me from having 15-20 different items in inventory after an hour or two of playing.
    Which is why I said in the post you also didn't read:

    Quote Originally Posted by Rufkin View Post
    The only advantage here is for crafting and task items
    However, you are wrong. It is entirely about extra storage slots. Otherwise you would just hold them in your inventory, or even your overflow, like everyone did before the carryall existed, and still do today. You want them to save you some space. That is storage.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufkin View Post
    Which is why I said in the post you also didn't read:



    However, you are wrong. It is entirely about extra storage slots. Otherwise you would just hold them in your inventory, or even your overflow, like everyone did before the carryall existed, and still do today. You want them to save you some space. That is storage.
    How good of you to tell me what I mean, as I obviously do not know that myself

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,026
    Since you failed to acknowledge that you never read my original post entirely, and I don't want someone coming to this thread and thinking I was not, "completely correct....." and dismissing what I said completely just because I did not point out how wrong you were (instead allowing you to reread what you failed to and correct yourself), I will break down the words you skipped in what I wrote.

    First, you say:
    Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    The calculation you made is assuming that the player has bought ALL inventory bag slots.
    I said in the first line of my post:

    Quote Originally Posted by Rufkin View Post
    If you are short on storage and also already have purchased all personal inventory bags,
    In case you still missed it, I am saying here that the first purchase anyone should make is to expand their personal inventory to it's maximum. Anyone that chooses to buy a carryall and still hasn't bought all inventory bags is making a horrible choice. All personal inventory slots hold every single type of item, not just one type, EVERYTHING.

    Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    also some inventory slots came with money-bought expansions.
    The wiki makes it seem to me that the bag which was an exclusive is now available in the store. If it isn't, this is the only personal bag some people could be missing when they are considering buying a carryall, that might not be a worthwhile purchase. Given that we are talking about a per character bag, and not a one time specialized bag, this bag is still more valuable to everyone than any carryall. It provides you with up to 690 slots per server. So I will redo that single calculation for people who don't have that premium version of that expansion:

    A new character gives you 240 slots (if you don't have the inventory bag that comes from an old expansion) for 595 LP, so each slot costs you 3 LP.

    Oh look, the calculation is still exactly the same. That's because when rounding a cost in which you cannot have a decimal, you always round up. It still costs you more than 3x the LP per slot to buy a carryall. However, it seems that all bags are available in the store to everyone in the wiki. https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Inventory_Bags

    Then you said:

    Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    Additionally, the housing (and maybe also the instrument carryall?) make items stack.
    This is what I said:

    Quote Originally Posted by Rufkin View Post
    Even if you take into consideration that carryalls stack items in a higher quantity (4 stacks of the same item in your inventory can combine to 1 in a carry-all) than a regular inventory slot, you still are not getting your money's worth. For that to even matter you have to have a stackable item of exactly the same thing you already have a full stack of. Even if you happened to have four stacks of every item you are putting into the carry all, you are still paying more than triple for those slots.
    As you can see I clearly covered that items stack four normal stacks into one, which is what it tells me in the wiki when I Google it. https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Carry-all
    Which is why I also included that information in my calculations, multiplying the number of slots by 4 for every single calculation. It is extremely important to note that most people are not going to take advantage of that calculation to it's maximum. Even in the case of a crafting carryall the only crafter of 13 and a half years that I have which could actually fill a full bag with four stacks in every slot is the farmer/cook. Only that one toon could actually get the full advantage of the carryall bag, which still costs more than triple what ordinary storage space costs on an alt. I would also like to point out here that I could have way too many of certain items (gemstones, for instance) but this is where the MM comes in in MMO. Not everything I loot needs to be kept by me. So, when I get too many of something, like a normal non-hoarder person I sell/trash those extra copies that are completely and entirely useless to me.

    As for an alt that holds housing decorations. I have one. When I want to decorate or transfer new decorations I switch to that character. It takes less than a minute. I have three houses, and I often find that I do have too many copies of the same decoration. I would absolutely never consider that I need a special storage bag to stack those items on top of each other, because when decorating I will never need more than 2-4 of any item. So, when I get too many of something, like a normal non-hoarder person I sell/trash those extra copies that are completely and entirely useless. If I were to buy more housing and needed more space, I would definitely just make a new toon for every new house. Think of them as housekeepers or personal decorators.

    Finally, I want to say I am not trying to belittle anyone that wants the convenience of carryall bags. My purpose here is to remind you that you are not getting your money's worth when compared to other types of storage. Spend your money however you want, but do that with the knowledge that the value of storage slots in a carryall is at least triple the cost it should be, and contains with it a gimmick that limits what you can put in those slots. SSG knows this. They purposefully designed it this way instead of just letting us have more personal inventory. They 'claim' that they can't safely fit more slots of inventory space on the servers, yet they keep giving us more and more storage slots at an ever increasing price. They also keep giving us more of exactly the same things which won't stack. For instance, you get a tome of finesse from the daily hobbit gifts. You get the weekly coupon for a tome of finesse. They don't stack. THIS IS ON PURPOSE, and it infuriates me. The carryall is a solution to our requests for a crafting wallet. They didn't listen to what we were asking for and they created a price tag that I believe is too costly.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload