We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: World Transfers

World Transfers

Hello, first off I couldnt login to the support ticket system site. So today I decided to transfer a character to Gladden because been wanting to do this for a while now and all I get is errors sent to my email from the character transfer.

Error: Other details: Character 0x020A0000004DD056 did not transfer.

other error: #L835245 - We encountered an error during your transfer.

I would like to know when you guys are going to fix the broken world transfers, this is really upsetting to me.

sincerely,
    Ooger
    [Main Alt - Ooger level 105] [Second Alt - Atticusrocks 105] [Third Alt - Eligion 105]

I have the same issue. Same error

Wow a post from Oct, in the Tech. forum with no response? I'm getting the same trying to do the free transfer from Ithil to Anor.

Thanks'
    Drax

Im trying to do the same, but I dont even know where to go, to do it...

There are no "support" links on the website, and all the "stickies" posted from the "admins" here all have dead links that go no where, or link to some questionable website trying to sell me "BUY support turbine domain!" etc...

Double, U.
    Tee.
    Eff.

I played years ago, and had characters on a server called Nimrodel (sp?)... but then I stopped playing.

Well now my wife has taken an interest in playing and I managed to recover my old account and want my characters transferred to her chosen server.

But I have absolutely no idea how to do this!

Quote Originally Posted by Kthulhu75 View Post
    Well now my wife has taken an interest in playing and I managed to recover my old account and want my characters transferred to her chosen server. But I have absolutely no idea how to do this!
    I've posted this many times, but I guess I don't mind re-posting. We get someone like you every week that comes back to the game and wonders what happened to their characters. Well, this happened - many of the servers were merged and people had the option to move their characters over: https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articl...e-announcement way back in August 3, 2015.

However, this process was not automatic. Once a person logged into their account, they could move their characters over via the world transfer system. However, the transfer system was exploited before the last expansion. People found a way to go over the ember currency cap - https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...61#post7962161. Because of this the transfer system was shut off until they could come up with a new system.

And eventually they did with new policies back in May: https://www.lotro.com/en/worldtransfer. However, it is currently only available for active worlds. They still have not been able to "revive" the system you are asking for. It has been roughly a year since they have last provided a means to transfer off abandoned servers.

There is a rumor that you can get in contact with... someone and petition a manual transfer, but I have yet to hear of anyone coming back with a success story. As of right now, there is no option in transferring off abandoned servers.

Think i have the exact same issue..... anyone know if this will get sorted? i spent money to get the coins and now its worthless it seems...

I tried to move all my shared storage etc and my main character to evernight.

FROM WORLD: Laurelin
    TO WORLD: Evernight

Other details:
    Account data failed to transfer for subscription EU subscription 06/02/2011
    Character 0x02210000000BF939 did not transfer.

Any help appreciated!

Cheers

World Transfers

Quote Originally Posted by ooger View Post
    Hello, first off I couldnt login to the support ticket system site. So today I decided to transfer a character to Gladden because been wanting to do this for a while now and all I get is errors sent to my email from the character transfer.

Error: Other details: Character 0x020A0000004DD056 did not transfer.

other error: #L835245 - We encountered an error during your transfer.

I would like to know when you guys are going to fix the broken world transfers, this is really upsetting to me.

sincerely,
    Ooger

I was able to get in contact with TS for this issue. They have informed me that "HOPFULY" in a short time they will be allowing Charecter transfers from dead servers for free. This was as of about a month ago. But atleast some one in TS let me know.