We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Traveller's Quartermaster Level 58 Gear - is this a mistake

Of this has been answered before then please forgive me as I am still learning from these forums.

The Travelers Quartermaster awards:

Max Tier 74 Scroll of Empowerment FOR 100 Motes of Enchantment
    Max Tier 58 Star-lit Crystal FOR 250 Motes of Enchantment

Yet do you not start getting these Motes in Mordor where you would be a much higher level?

Why not have them at both at max level and people can use them as they wish.... does not make sense to me or am I missing something here?

If they were changed to top level would this also not remove some of the need to grind and make the game more enjoyable? Charge more for full level items by all means say:

Scroll of Empowerment FOR 250 Motes of Enchantment
    Star-lit Crystal FOR 500 Motes of Enchantment

Does this make sense to others - or as I said am I missing something?

Too much common sense that undermines The Grind™.

Its not about the level of the player. Those are tiers on imbued legendary items which are by nature level 100. After imbuing they are getting tiers. Items you can trade for motes let you lvl up your legendaries a lot but still there are few last lvls you need to get anfalas scrolls and crystals somewhere else.
    Always remember that you are unique, just like everybody else.

Imbued LI legacy have 83 cap, that means you can raise your legacy until 74 with that scrolls, and from 74 to 83 you need use scrolls from skirmish camp, quests or instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Imbued LI legacy have 83 cap, that means you can raise your legacy until 74 with that scrolls, and from 74 to 83 you need use scrolls from skirmish camp, quests or instances.
    If I'm not mistaken, the ember barter has more expensive scrolls/crystals to cap.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the ember barter has more expensive scrolls/crystals to cap.
    Wow, I did not know that.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Thank you all for taking the time to respond I appreciate it - It has certainly answered my question

So, if I am reading this correctly

I can use the level 58 Star-lit Crystal until the LI reaches lvl 58 and then I move to Anfalas crystals
    I can use the 74 Scroll of Empowerment up to that level and then I have to switch to the more powerful scroll

Correct

Quote Originally Posted by Dray-Prescott View Post
    Thank you all for taking the time to respond I appreciate it - It has certainly answered my question

So, if I am reading this correctly

I can use the level 58 Star-lit Crystal until the LI reaches lvl 58 and then I move to Anfalas crystals
    I can use the 74 Scroll of Empowerment up to that level and then I have to switch to the more powerful scroll

Correct
    No, I think you're maybe still misunderstanding it. These items are intended for use on an imbued LI at character level 100 or later. The level, for scrolls, refers to the level of the legacy on an imbued LI. Similarly for crystals but for the top stat on an imbued class LI (champ's rune, burglar's tools, etc.) or weapon LI (champ's sword, RK's rune-stone, etc.). As far as I know they have no use before you have an imbued LI.
    Last edited by Altair6; Oct 25 2020 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    That's why I don't mention ember barter, don't worth it. You spend too much embers what you need to get gear, while you have huge amount of sources for SoE and crystals

Never,ind

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    As far as I know they have no use before you have an imbued LI.
    They can be used on unimbued LIs with no restrictions.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    They can be used on unimbued LIs with no restrictions.
    Oh. Right. Fair enough. I wasn't willing to spend the motes/embers to test it.

Plus I don't have an alt with an unimbued level 100 LI that needs them at the mo' and wouldn't waste them on a lower level one that I'm going to replace later anyway.
    Last edited by Altair6; Oct 27 2020 at 08:02 AM.