We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Exclamation Any SSG support tech - please view this thread. +Cordovan

I'm a VIP since pre launch in 2006. Been in here before %99 of the community. Did not miss a single payment over the years. I never eve rcomplain about anything in the game, even though I have some valid reasons to..

SSG, This is getting out of control. I payed the ultimate version on launch day and encountered a certain problem. I sent an in game ticket right away, to which a GM responded pretty quickly, saying "we don't handle that problem, please contact official support". I did. Three days ago.

Support ticket #146860.

SSG PLEASE REPLY TO IT!!
    It's been three days now since I purchased the ultimate version and I still CANNOT PLAY THE NEW CONTET!!!!
    I'm loosing valuable time missing on game content that I already paid for (even got a confirmation email to it, and money was drawn from my bank account).

As one of the most loyal customers you ever had, you don't leave me plenty of options but to find my way out.
    Please respond to that ticket.

Asimon.

"Dont cry - I'll pop a token for you!"
    elen sila lumenn omentielvo

Atleast you got to buy it, i just get an error everytime i push the buy button.

But yeah, SSG managing to #### up even on selling something. Its just..baffling.

No response since Wednesday. Thanks for nothing.

Edit: Also an VIP lifetimer since 2009. Not that it matters as customer-service and allowing people to buy something should be first priority anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by asimon View Post
    I'm a VIP since pre launch in 2006. Been in here before %99 of the community. Did not miss a single payment over the years. I never eve rcomplain about anything in the game, even though I have some valid reasons to..

SSG, This is getting out of control. I payed the ultimate version on launch day and encountered a certain problem. I sent an in game ticket right away, to which a GM responded pretty quickly, saying "we don't handle that problem, please contact official support". I did. Three days ago.

Support ticket #146860.

SSG PLEASE REPLY TO IT!!
    It's been three days now since I purchased the ultimate version and I still CANNOT PLAY THE NEW CONTET!!!!
    I'm loosing valuable time missing on game content that I already paid for (even got a confirmation email to it, and money was drawn from my bank account).

As one of the most loyal customers you ever had, you don't leave me plenty of options but to find my way out.

Asimon.
    Showing us how it's done, bravo! Seriously though, I hope you get a response, but the forums are useless for ticket support. You just gotta roll the dice and hope you get the right GM (some are helpful, others...less so)

There's a lot of that going around.

Good luck.

Yea same thing happened to me. Contacted by ingame GM, told to put in a request on the website, that was 3 days ago AND NO RESOLUTION, ID 146500. I purchased the new update AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED IT. THREE DAYS AGO.

This is very bad

You will probably have to wait until after the weekend for a response...if they respond at all...

Asimon.
    I hate to break it to you but your loyalty means nothing to them, only your money. If they cared they would have fixed the myriad of problems LOTRO has instead of putting out a joke that is over-priced, has created all sorts of new problems and screws VIPers. SSG got your money for this latest joke and who knows when and if they'll get around to fixing your problem. They have proven that LOTRO and its players are not a priority.

Sorry to hear about your issue with the purchase.

I am certain that as soon as their ticket queuing system redistributes your case to one of their agents, you will get a response.

How this works is typically automated and tickets are not hand picked by their staff. I would throw in an educated guess that they likely have a priority calculating system in place, which moves tickets into certain priority queues and lines and whenever an agent is free from a previous ticket, the system pushes to them the next ticket in the priority line.

Seeing the rocky start of this Mini-Expansion and plethora of people who have ordered their expansion on the wrong account, rejected payments, authorisation holds, technical issues, feedback and etc., I can see how their queues are probably flooded with tickets, increasing handling and waiting times. Depending on the period and volume, the playerbase, the staff at hand, the number of submitted new and updated cases and the difficulty of their cases ( the more difficult the case, the more time it takes to close it ), waiting times in gaming support can vary between a day to week/s.

Do not worry, you are not being ignored. I hope you soon get this sorted out.

Yeah, and many people have the same issue. Do you think you are special, and should be pushed to the front of the ticket line?

Maybe put this post in support!?

Quote Originally Posted by UselessSmurf View Post
    Yeah, and many people have the same issue. Do you think you are special, and should be pushed to the front of the ticket line?

Maybe put this post in support!?
    This comment doesn't help anyone. OP is bringing up the fact that many of us have been waiting for days for a solution, which is unacceptable. At no point did OP state they should skip others. SSG needs to step it up and get this fixed for everyone.

Ragequit earlier this month after all the Shenanigans with stability lately. Playing regularly for all 13 years and thought I would try again ,with new expac , after chilling away from game. Begrudgingly get my Visa out and try, try, try several times a day to buy said expac. Still trying. Dont know why - probably because the game is decent fun when it works. Just let me buy the expac please - not much to ask. Imagine if a new shop opened and queues formed outside and we get in and you wont/cant sell us the latest items. You would not last long. Dunno who is to blame - at this point its irrelevant - just sort the problems and stop working on nonsense like pig mounts at the expense of loyal customers. Loyalty lasts only so long.

While here in Wales.....

Quote Originally Posted by Oofamisi View Post
    . Imagine if a new shop opened and queues formed outside and we get in and you wont/cant sell us the latest items. You would not last long.
    You have just described the present state of affairs here in Wales under lockdown. Here though, the problem is not the retailer but the regional government. That also should not last long.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessSmurf View Post
    Do you think you are special, and should be pushed to the front of the ticket line?
    Friend, I'm sorry that this is what you're getting from my thread and I apologise of my words were misunderstood. Never have I ever, even once, suggested they will 'push me to the front of the line' (what?) I'm no more important than you or any other player. Nothing that I do has priority over anything you do. We are all in this together brother.

The reason I mentioned my credentials in the opening statement is to make a point - that with the current state of the game-support even the longest playing gamers like myself will eventually give up and move elsewhere. I don't remember anything like it in the history of the game nor in the industry.

- Asimon.

"Dont cry - I'll pop a token for you!"
    elen sila lumenn omentielvo

Friend, I'm sorry that this is what you're getting from my thread and I apologise of my words were misunderstood. Never have I ever, even once, suggested they will 'push me to the front of the line' (what?) I'm no more important than you or any other player. Nothing that I do has priority over anything you do. We are all in this together brother.

The reason I mentioned my credentials in the opening statement is to make a point - that with the current state of the game-support even the longest playing gamers like myself will eventually give up and move elsewhere. I don't remember anything like it in the history of the game nor in the industry.

- Asimon.
    If you have been here for as long as you say, then this should be;
    1. standard procedure and you know it
    2. being a masochist, they're not giving you what you want, they're giving you what you need. Like the benevolent developer that they are

Why would you expect anything from these devs? Where no communication is better than any, because you wouldn't want to commit to a standard level of service. Before you know it, you community might come to expect you to do your job. Wouldn't want that. Not as a community manager, not as a developer and most certainly not as a CSR.

2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    Weird, I always get ticket responses within 2-3 days - not counting weekends. Sure there are exceptions, but even these days with the new expansion I was investigating a tech issue and it was sorted, with responses, in 48 hours.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow
    Malancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf

I have looked into the ticket number, and this will need to be handled through customer support.
    Last edited by Cordovan; Oct 26 2020 at 05:37 PM.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool