We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A bit salty over purchasing missions!

I am a little disgruntled to say the least since purchasing the mini expansion - I purchased solely for missions at this time I'd like to preface!

I was under the objective impression, that missions would have verisimilitude to skirmishes in levelling terms. (I'm not a fan of this methodology, hence why I was excited for missions).

But only 8 missions every 15 or so hours?! Scarcely one level obtainable daily? (Of course, this can be offset my spending mithril!)

Why such a constricting restriction?

I have played the game periodically since launch, and somewhat burnt out from the zonal levelling. (Which also without VIP, can take a half life to reach level cap.)

Could you at least allow a certain amount of missions hourly perhaps?

Tangentially speaking, I think the rewards are egregious also. A real paucity of loot dropping, and no loot quest rewards, doesn't make missions an enticing inducement to say the least.

I'm glad I spent the money after your munificence during lockdown practically giving the game away, just aggrieved that missions in their current iteration are perfunctory and limited.

One can hope you will nuance them in a salutary manner!

Anyone considering purchasing the mini expansion solely for missions should reconsider!

I hope my feedback is regarded as constructive feedback!

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by lenny818 View Post
    I am a little disgruntled to say the least since purchasing the mini expansion - I purchased solely for missions at this time I'd like to preface!

I was under the objective impression, that missions would have verisimilitude to skirmishes in levelling terms. (I'm not a fan of this methodology, hence why I was excited for missions).

But only 8 missions every 15 or so hours?! Scarcely one level obtainable daily? (Of course, this can be offset my spending mithril!)

I have played the game periodically since launch, and somewhat burnt out from the zonal levelling. (Which also without VIP, can take a half life to reach level cap.)

Tangentially speaking, I think the rewards are egregious also. A real paucity of loot dropping, and no loot quest rewards, doesn't make missions an enticing inducement to say the least.

I'm glad I spent the money after your munificence during lockdown practically giving the game away, just aggrieved that missions in their current iteration are perfunctory and limited.

Anyone considering purchasing the mini expansion solely for missions should reconsider!

Regards.
    I don't know to what you refer when you say "missions", but attending to the other points about cooldowns and ####ty loot, it is a proven strategy of SSG to frustrate you at the beginning of any new quest pack or expansion by delaying your progress in every way possible.

Then, after having sold you the pathetic scaffolding of an expansion with nothing really to offer, they keep you subcribed as they tempt you by promising to release the rest slowly (which they do). They release more tiers of instances, despite these tiers usually compromising little more than a copy+paste damage/health buff. For reasons of human psychology, many are satisfyied, for the time being, with the lower instance-tiers, and they look forward to the better loot they will get from the higher instance tiers once they are released; they may realize they're being taken advantage of and milked for their money, but considering their characters are 8 years old, their addiction to the game precludes the possibility of ditching out because of that "small inconvenience". They make the loot grind a little more bearable as the weeks and months go by. During the phase of misery, they also sell best-in-slot gear in the store in the form of lootboxes, so that you can basically pay bond after sweating in your miserable jell cell rather then continue to languish in it.

They're getting money out of you by time-gating and micro-transactions. Daybreak runs the show and if you do a little research you will find that they do it with every title they acquire; they run it into the ground with cheap, exploitative business tactics and then they shut it down once it stops being viable for them.
    Last edited by BadJuju; Oct 23 2020 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lenny818 View Post

Regards.
    This sounds like very constructive feedback to me.

SSG has done virtually nothing in terms of explaining the value of what they are asking money for, so it's up to the community to inform our fellow customers!
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!
    Message moondog548 here, on Steam, Twitch, and Discord as moondog548#6830
    Moondog on Landroval, Isilroa on Anor, Reckless on Bombadil

The game has always had a rolling 10 instance per hour limit. With missions being so short you'd soon hit the limit doing them everyday especially if you have instance loading issues and need to reset a few. Once you can spot the load failure ofc.

Same here, don't get me wrong, I had a blast in the new area last night, just being able to do some real content and progress is a great feeling when there's no decent reward for all the repeatable end game content before (looking at MM instances).

The fact that I could hop into a 6 man last night that wasn't an ultra grind for no reward was a great feeling, took me back to the old days.

However, for what they charged, I am regretting my purchase.
    Erendil 50 Hunter Rank 7, Mavellen 45 Warden; Officers of Disciples
    Ragaroth Warleader Rank 7, Marhawk Stalker Rank 5; Members of Cuddle Squad
    Other Characters: Arthilius - Captain, Arthilias - Guardian,
    Claireth - Runekeeper, Harbuckle - Burglar, Lothlirien - Hunter

I don't get the point of Missions either

When I checked with the Barter Quartermaster, all the items are cosmetic! What's the point of that? That's how it started out with Sigils and they were quickly maxed with nothing to use them for. Did they forget to add something to the Quartermaster? At this point I see no reason to run them. Or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by orangeman View Post
    When I checked with the Barter Quartermaster, all the items are cosmetic! What's the point of that? That's how it started out with Sigils and they were quickly maxed with nothing to use them for. Did they forget to add something to the Quartermaster? At this point I see no reason to run them. Or am I missing something?
    As far as I can tell; since Missions don't reward loot, only give Tokens for a narrow variety of cosmetics, are limited in number daily and are on a 10-day rotation (8 of 80), the only purpose of them is to provide a Deed grind for completionists to keep them occupied until the next update. There is absolutely no other merit to doing them.

I guess if you still have Legendaries that you need to level they are useful for IXP as you'll get 1 level every two or three mobs killed in them...I was literally having to reforge after every Mission and deconstructing maxed out Legendaries at the end of all the daily Missions. Other than that, however, I can't think of any compelling reason.

(I'm not certain but I don't think that the mobs in Missions count towards any Slayer Deeds unlike Skirmishes where they do. I'm going to have to double-check though.)
    ~NOST CORUFAER~
    An all Elven Kinship, perfecting
    [Prized Pie] since the Dawn of the Second Age...only on Elendilmir.
    "It began with a leaf caught in the wind..."

Quote Originally Posted by TsarithArcher View Post
    As far as I can tell; since Missions don't reward loot, only give Tokens for a narrow variety of cosmetics, are limited in number daily and are on a 10-day rotation (8 of 80), the only purpose of them is to provide a Deed grind for completionists to keep them occupied until the next update. There is absolutely no other merit to doing them.

I guess if you still have Legendaries that you need to level they are useful for IXP as you'll get 1 level every two or three mobs killed in them...I was literally having to reforge after every Mission and deconstructing maxed out Legendaries at the end of all the daily Missions. Other than that, however, I can't think of any compelling reason.

(I'm not certain but I don't think that the mobs in Missions count towards any Slayer Deeds unlike Skirmishes where they do. I'm going to have to double-check though.)
    The mobs count toward the new slayer deeds.

A+ to OP for expanding my vocabulary.