We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shakalush, The Stair Battle. Feedback ( 10/30 )

Updated feedback as of ( 11/7, u28.1.1 ). Feedback based on 20+ runs of t3 fellowship and 4 runs of t4 with various class combinations.

1. Boss "Azbauz and Maugrush"

Not bad. I suggest adding 15% more morale and/or increasing the boss defeat buff. As is this fight is very short, and you are not penalized much for focusing dps on single boss instead of aoe both bosses down.

2. Trash

Still no need to heed trash mechanics, just gather mobs and dps. Please add mechanics, or increase the potentcy of current mechanics.

3. Boss "Shatarkha"

Good design. This boss's morale is low, but their damage is very high, so it still makes for a satisfying experience. I would increase the morale back to 30mil on t3, as it was.
    *bug* killing ice block on the frozen player most often does not free them. most players just choose to ignore killing the iceblock since the player is not freed. In my experience, it appears players are freed from ice after 1 minute, whether ice is destroyed or not.

4. Final Boss

This fight is Inconsistent with every other 6man last boss in this game. There is no need to heed any mechanics, just tank and spank. Easily done with a red cpt tank. This boss needs more morale and more potent mechanics. I figured when t4 was released there would be adjustments.

The overall quality of this instance ( space , mechanics, animations, story ) is significantly below the minas morgul 6mans and every other 6man in the game. There are no adds in any of the boss fights, which makes for less dynamic fights. Perhaps this was intentional to save developer time but it's unfortunate to receive an instance of this quality after we received 3 high-quality 6mans with Minas Morgul.

Futah@arkenstone.
    Last edited by flirtswithmediocrity; Nov 08 2020 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flirtswithmediocrity View Post
    I wish the instance was held out of the initial release given it's current state. The precedent exists to withhold paid for content, as has happened in previous expansions with instances and raids.

Based on multiple runs of t3 fellowship, The primary current ( 10/21 ) issues are:

It takes 20-25 seconds to defeat this boss due to the very low morale ( 5mill for each boss ). There may be some mechanics, but the mechanics are irrelevant since the fight is so short. Perhaps increasing morale by 4x is all that is needed. Don't know.

2. Trash

Even on t3 there is no need to heed trash mechanics. Groups simply pull all the trash they can until the next gate, aoe it down and continue. Please add mechanics to trash which require accounting for. I.E the warden aoe blast in Halls of Black Lore.

3. Boss "Shatarkha"

Good design. This boss's morale is low, but their damage is very high, so it still makes for a satisfying experience.

4. Final Boss

- the only mechanics to account for are the interrupts, otherwise this is a pure tank and spank fight, it needs more mechanics
    - Morale, this boss has 30 million morale. in Askad Mazal t3, the last boss was 28 million morale, but that instance is a 3man and the gear drops are not nearly as good.

Given the quality of gear which drops in this instance the difficulty is wildly inconsistent with current lvl cap and the game's history. Boss morale is very low. Please bring boss 1 and 3 up to the quality of boss 2.

Futah@arkenstone.
    I'd say the fights are so short that you don't even need mechanics, trash is only slightly low morale, as when t5 arrives it will be decent but not boring but an extra mechanic would be good.
    Bosses have a ridiculously low morale, captain tank + LM + 4 dpsers and you can kill 1st boss in 15s, 2nd in 30 and 3rd in 1 min only because he spends 40s animation when phasing. And I'm talking in t3, in t1 you can duo the 6 man version in a reasonable time.
    Bosses should just have double the morale on all tiers.

This instance is so dissappointing in terms of difficulty. 3/4 bosses requires no mechanics. Trash has no mechanics. And this is the only rewarding instance now with the new raid and remmo excluded.

We are stuck with farming 1 boring instance, or 2 raids.

Some adjustments will be made to the difficulty of this instance in our next patch, which is tentatively scheduled for later this week.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

I wish the instance was held out of the initial release given it's current state. The precedent exists to withhold paid for content, as has happened in previous expansions with instances and raids.

Based on multiple runs of t3 fellowship, The primary current ( 10/21 ) issues are:

It takes 20-25 seconds to defeat this boss due to the very low morale ( 5mill for each boss ). There may be some mechanics, but the mechanics are irrelevant since the fight is so short. Perhaps increasing morale by 4x is all that is needed. Don't know.

2. Trash

Even on t3 there is no need to heed trash mechanics. Groups simply pull all the trash they can until the next gate, aoe it down and continue. Please add mechanics to trash which require accounting for. I.E the warden aoe blast in Halls of Black Lore.

3. Boss "Shatarkha"

Good design. This boss's morale is low, but their damage is very high, so it still makes for a satisfying experience.

4. Final Boss

- the only mechanics to account for are the interrupts, otherwise this is a pure tank and spank fight, it needs more mechanics
    - Morale, this boss has 30 million morale. in Askad Mazal t3, the last boss was 28 million morale, but that instance is a 3man and the gear drops are not nearly as good.

Given the quality of gear which drops in this instance the difficulty is wildly inconsistent with current lvl cap and the game's history. Boss morale is very low. Please bring boss 1 and 3 up to the quality of boss 2.

Futah@arkenstone.
    I generally agree with the sentiment here, but of note is that while Shatarkha does have decent mechanics they don't always work. Assuming the Ice Block is meant to function like a cocoon or pinning spear, and once the Block is killed the player can use their skills again, this bugs more often than not. We stopped bothering to kill the Ice Block because most of the time the player was stuck for the rest of the fight anyway, and killing it just made the fight take longer.
    Last edited by Finlia; Oct 26 2020 at 04:05 PM.

I really don’t know why we feel the need to make trash pulls even a thing let alone complain about them not being challenging. Almost every instance would be better off just deleting the trash mobs. It adds a lot of time to no purpose other than literally wasting our time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosiere View Post
    I really don’t know why we feel the need to make trash pulls even a thing let alone complain about them not being challenging. Almost every instance would be better off just deleting the trash mobs. It adds a lot of time to no purpose other than literally wasting our time.
    Yeah....no.

In the past, trash mobs served as a mechanic/coordination warm-up/test. It served a purpose for sure to prep for a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Finlia View Post
    I generally agree with the sentiment here, but of note is that while Shatarkha does have decent mechanics they don't always work. Assuming the Ice Block is meant to function like a cocoon or pinning spear, and once the Block is killed the player can use their skills again, this bugs more often than not. We stopped bothering to kill the Ice Block because most of the time the player was stuck for the rest of the fight anyway, and killing it just made the fight take longer.
    Also I consider adding better visual animation to boss attacks, because it's hard to see area of his frontal attack

This instance doesn't work with 2 players, is empty.

I know we're a rag-tag group by most standards (casual non-leet gear, sometimes friends under-manning content), but we're getting rocked by the 2nd boss now after the patch.

I think the major problem is that when we get frozen in ice, then we break the ice, and the player is still left locked in place with all skills greyed out for quite a while. Especially if it's the healer right off the bat, it's very low chance we'll succeed. It seems 1 in 10 times or so a player will actually get freed when the ice is defeated rather than waiting around for a minute+.

We have picked up some of the mechanics and understand about interrupts and not facing him during a particular chilling blast type attack, but getting perma-trapped is very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzal View Post
    We have picked up some of the mechanics and understand about interrupts and not facing him during a particular chilling blast type attack, but getting perma-trapped is very frustrating.
    When you say 'understand about interrupts' what do you mean? Are you interrupting his green induction circle or no? Because you shouldn't be. That's free DPS right there and prevents him from doing his other attacks.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

I know we're a rag-tag group by most standards (casual non-leet gear, sometimes friends under-manning content), but we're getting rocked by the 2nd boss now after the patch.

I think the major problem is that when we get frozen in ice, then we break the ice, and the player is still left locked in place with all skills greyed out for quite a while. Especially if it's the healer right off the bat, it's very low chance we'll succeed. It seems 1 in 10 times or so a player will actually get freed when the ice is defeated rather than waiting around for a minute+.

Think all group ignore ice,and noone interupts since inductions are long and do more or less nothing.Make sure you have LM/Burg debuffing and full nuke boss.Even undergeared/low dps should be able to do it,if unlucky on ice just reset it.

original post updated.

with all skills greyed out for quite a while.
    Such problem appears not only in this instance

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    When you say 'understand about interrupts' what do you mean? Are you interrupting his green induction circle or no? Because you shouldn't be. That's free DPS right there and prevents him from doing his other attacks.
    Right, we are not interrupting.

Quote Originally Posted by Osglinthor View Post
    Think all group ignore ice,and noone interupts since inductions are long and do more or less nothing.Make sure you have LM/Burg debuffing and full nuke boss.Even undergeared/low dps should be able to do it,if unlucky on ice just reset it.
    As mentioned, we are usually under-manning due to availability of friends, so we can't cry too much about it being difficult, but it makes it a struggle to ignore the ice, especially when it's the healer who gets nabbed. Unfortunately we don't always have a debuffer in the group based on alts, but it's a very valid point.

I think every time we get lucky with the ice, and the player is not greyed out, we succeed. When they're effectively locked out, it unravels for us. It seems this is happening much more frequently post patch, but the sample size is probably not significant enough. And I'm sure tips to avoid that bug-like state would be passed around if anybody had a good handle on it.

Thanks

Angry Absolutely frustrating buffs to B1 Azbauz and Maugrush.

Okay, I've tried this instance as a guard tank with 550k morale buffed. How is any non-captain supposed to beat B1 Maugrush and Azbauz?? I understand the need to buff up the difficulty, but it seems that the unmanageable damage is meant for only a captain to tank. I tried blowing all CDs as a blue guard to mitigate as much damage, and it seems like nothing works.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamlieldar View Post
    Okay, I've tried this instance as a guard tank with 550k morale buffed. How is any non-captain supposed to beat B1 Maugrush and Azbauz?? I understand the need to buff up the difficulty, but it seems that the unmanageable damage is meant for only a captain to tank. I tried blowing all CDs as a blue guard to mitigate as much damage, and it seems like nothing works.
    We complete it many times on T1-T2 with undergeared guardian (he have only 2 remmorchant items) and he have no problems surviving. Looks like it's depends on healer and tactic. You killing first Maugrush or Arbauz?

original post updated.
    Please add the ice block bug to the list. (Fellowship member still frozen after ice block is destroyed.) As mentioned, this can cause a wipe if the healer is stuck in frozen state.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorikon View Post
    Please add the ice block bug to the list. (Fellowship member still frozen after ice block is destroyed.) As mentioned, this can cause a wipe if the healer is stuck in frozen state.
    Indeed. Iced people are left stuck even if broken out, waiting for the timer to count down (as if they weren't broken out at all). Locking the healer means basically a reset... Before U28.1.1 this bug would appear maybe half the time, now it's every time. Maybe it's a new 'Waste their time' mechanic.

T4 instance drops new trigger essences

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    We complete it many times on T1-T2 with undergeared guardian (he have only 2 remmorchant items) and he have no problems surviving. Looks like it's depends on healer and tactic. You killing first Maugrush or Arbauz?
    T1 and T2 are typically okay for me, but T3 was giving me huge problems on the night I posted this. We were able to beat it down afterwards, but some class shuffling had to be made.

You are correct: It seems to depend on the healer. A RK healer was a better choice for this fight than a minstrel on T3 simply because of extra effective health from the abundant absorbs, so we ended up getting an RK healer, and the fight was a lot smoother. One-shotted it once we replaced a hunter who kept dying to Maugrush's ability with a red cappy.

What worked for us was NOT killing Maugrush first. Killing Azbauz first was a better choice because I could actually kite Maugrush and reduce SOME of the damage taken.

But once again, if you want to get the newest Trigger essences, have fun running this dungeon T4 with a guard. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gamlieldar View Post

But once again, if you want to get the newest Trigger essences, have fun running this dungeon T4 with a guard. lol
    Its just as easy with Guard tank as it is with cappy.If you have LM this instance becomes so easy with any setup.Its just bias where people will refuse certain tanks,simply ignore it.Have done t4 with guard and it was prety much same as it was with captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Osglinthor View Post
    Its just as easy with Guard tank as it is with cappy.If you have LM this instance becomes so easy with any setup.Its just bias where people will refuse certain tanks,simply ignore it.Have done t4 with guard and it was prety much same as it was with captain.
    LM have great role on this boss: put all debuffs, -armor and stay in ice block

For t4 runs on Ice boss how u deal with the one shots to the entire grp from his Horn Skill, NOT the Stare Death skill which occurs after the Chill the to the Core dialog but from the May your blood go cold. always one shots and the damg ranges from 600k to 300k
    Ishka-Kwi,Ai-Durug-nul!

Quote Originally Posted by Laivindur View Post
    For t4 runs on Ice boss how u deal with the one shots to the entire grp from his Horn Skill, NOT the Stare Death skill which occurs after the Chill the to the Core dialog but from the May your blood go cold. always one shots and the damg ranges from 600k to 300k
    Captain's In Harm's Way, Champion's Challenge and RK Bubble. Need distribute them all and use in right time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast