We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Edited my OP to add a hopefully helpful summary.
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!
    Message moondog548 here, on Steam, Twitch, and Discord as moondog548#6830
    Moondog on Landroval, Isilroa on Anor, Reckless on Bombadil

Quote Originally Posted by Starliteyes View Post
    You are wrong, there is actually a new land area.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidmeetHal View Post
    Oh that's cool, where is it? I was looking on the map last night and saw nothing new. If there's an actual land area, I don't have an issue with paying the twenty bucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Narthalion View Post
    If by "land area" you mean a tiny plot just big enough to put up a yard shed and a small swimming pool in, yup, that's "new".
    Can someone please clear this up? I thought 3 Peaks was just a bunch of level scaling quests from what I've read on the website. Starlit says I'm wrong and there is a land area.

If someone could please make it clear what the quest content is in plain English I'd be grateful. I've been refusing to buy because I thought it was a bunch of level scaled 1 and 2 person quests, which I have no interest in.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Quote Originally Posted by DavidmeetHal View Post
    Can someone please clear this up? I thought 3 Peaks was just a bunch of level scaling quests from what I've read on the website. Starlit says I'm wrong and there is a land area.

If someone could please make it clear what the quest content is in plain English I'd be grateful. I've been refusing to buy because I thought it was a bunch of level scaled 1 and 2 person quests, which I have no interest in.
    There are landscape quests, and a small area just to the north of Misthallow. I want to say it's maybe half the size of Wells of Langflood? A lot of the map is taken up by a lake and inaccessible areas behind the Gates of Gundabad. There's also a second "war" version of the map with more mobs on and some more quests & warbands, but even more of the map is inaccessible there.

Not sure exactly how many quests, it's very dense on them given how small the area is and a lot of them are copy/paste jobs. So yes it does have landscape quests, but less than any other quest pack I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Morellian View Post
    There are landscape quests, and a small area just to the north of Misthallow. I want to say it's maybe half the size of Wells of Langflood? A lot of the map is taken up by a lake and inaccessible areas behind the Gates of Gundabad. There's also a second "war" version of the map with more mobs on and some more quests & warbands, but even more of the map is inaccessible there.

Not sure exactly how many quests, it's very dense on them given how small the area is and a lot of them are copy/paste jobs. So yes it does have landscape quests, but less than any other quest pack I can remember.
    Thank you so much!
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Quote Originally Posted by Morellian View Post

To clear it:

Standard Elderslade have 60+ quests, and War version have 25+ quests. They also have daily quests. Plus 80 scalling mission quests. Yep, landscape not very big, but funny thing what I complete almost all deeds, but yet to find any dwarven veins, (12 total), so they hide things very well. Story great too, and pretty good linked with original Tolkien stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    To clear it:

Standard Elderslade have 60+ quests, and War version have 25+ quests. They also have daily quests. Plus 80 scalling mission quests. Yep, landscape not very big, but funny thing what I complete almost all deeds, but yet to find any dwarven veins, (12 total), so they hide things very well. Story great too, and pretty good linked with original Tolkien stories.
    That makes perfect sense, very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Makawulf View Post
    I know many life timers paying alot to the game, I'm not sure where you are getting the idea "life timer doesnt do much to the game" but there are life timers with 6 premium houses, I don't have to say that costs alot. + life timers still had to buy main expansion packs like mordor etc and they buy ultimate bundle. I wouldnt dismiss them so quickly.
    I agree. I am a lifetime sub, and I have purchased the collectors edition of every expac since launch. They do in fact, still make money off of us lifetime subscribers, on top of the chunk of money we put down up front.

Quote Originally Posted by j3crow View Post
    I agree. I am a lifetime sub, and I have purchased the collectors edition of every expac since launch. They do in fact, still make money off of us lifetime subscribers, on top of the chunk of money we put down up front.
    Well they used to, when they treated us with consideration instead of just writing us off.

And something I've neglected to be mad about (heh) is that the underwhelming offerings don't even live up to the minimal advertisement.... there's no levelling loot to the missions, and the only "new source of Embers" (which was the excuse for halving the existing sources of Embers) are the new instances... which are also at half the Ember reward.
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!

Thumbs down 100% with you

Let's not forget the closed server debacle, it's been so long since I have had access to my characters that I made purchases on, it sounds like closed world server transfers are so far back on the list because they believe there is no money to be made from it. the belief that people will start new characters and pay their way back to their old form. It's gross, they offer you nothing but a copy and pasted apology and assurance that it will be done in the "near future". It's not just the customer service team, it's corporate. I wrote a letter months ago and no one has reached out to me. this game is becoming more and more money hungry, which hurts. as a 9 year player, I'm losing interest in this game model and nothing has been done to change it in the 4 months I have started playing again, as a matter of fact i'd say the game is worse off then it was when I took a break back in the turbine ownership days. smh

I love this game but I don't feel bad for waiting for the LP version of Three Peaks either. I'm not upset. They told me ahead of time what is in it and what it costs. I could ride around after launch to explore and decide. Yeah, bit too small for me to spend $20 on it. It looks like the smallest zone in the game tbh. If they charged $5 for the base I would buy it cash, but they don't so I'll wait

Hopefully Gundabad is bigger, more content and base no more than $40. But I'll wait and see. No need to get upset. I am a patient customer.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLotroFan View Post
    I'm not upset. They told me ahead of time what is in it and what it costs.

They did?

Then why didn't they tell anyone else "ahead of time"?

Quote Originally Posted by BigLotroFan View Post
    I love this game but I don't feel bad for waiting for the LP version of Three Peaks either. I'm not upset. They told me ahead of time what is in it and what it costs. I could ride around after launch to explore and decide. Yeah, bit too small for me to spend $20 on it. It looks like the smallest zone in the game tbh. If they charged $5 for the base I would buy it cash, but they don't so I'll wait

Hopefully Gundabad is bigger, more content and base no more than $40. But I'll wait and see. No need to get upset. I am a patient customer.
    It's not about size, and Dead Marshes still smallest zone in the game. Also not every location in the game have 220+ quests

They did?

Then why didn't they tell anyone else "ahead of time"?
    Well, if the “they” is the bullroarer feedback threads then pretty much everything but the purchase screwup was well commented upon. Three peaks is almost unchanged from bullroarer. If the “they” was SSG then you are correct there was close to zero information. I have looked at the rewards, done the epic (4 times) to scope out the area, watched the total billing mess. I pass for now. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by JERH View Post
    If the “they” was SSG then you are correct there was close to zero information.

This.

It's not about size, and Dead Marshes still smallest zone in the game. Also not every location in the game have 220+ quests
    What are you talking about? Dead Marshes is a part of Western Gondor - which by the way, was free to CIP's and available in store on launch day. It's not a stand alone region. A player cannot even purchase it on it's own. It's like Nan Cururnir is part of the Dunland region, or the Midgewater Marshes is part of Breeland. They are not regions or zones, they are just small parts of regions or zones.

Please stop trying to compare apples with oranges.

Not all locations of the game have just 60 quests either.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    What are you talking about? Dead Marshes is a part of Western Gondor - which by the way, was free to CIP's and available in store on launch day. It's not a stand alone region. A player cannot even purchase it on it's own. It's like Nan Cururnir is part of the Dunland region, or the Midgewater Marshes is part of Breeland. They are not regions or zones, they are just small parts of regions or zones.

Yeah. Might've mistaken the Dead Marshes for The Wastes, which was a "stand-alone" zone. But, of course, I'd then point-out that The Wastes was not marketed as a "mini-expansion" and was a relatively small landmass - between - the Black Gate and the Dead Marshes (that's probably where the confusion came from; Dead Marshes was indeed released counter-intuitively as part of the same quest pack as "Western Gondor"), and VIP players did not have to pay for it.

The Wastes was also a very underwhelming zone compared to the March of the King that had preceded it and felt as more of an "add-on" than anything else. A proper Wastes zone would have made a brand new Dead Marshes at level 105 and included Emyn Muil and the Wetwang and connected East Wall, Far Anorien, March of the King, and what became Gorgoroth, just as this new area ought to have included part of Forodwaith and connected with Angmar.

But NO- they had to short-change us on expanding Middle-earth with an underwhelming update in both cases, and to make matters far worse, of course, they charged VIPs for this one in particular.

They clearly did not learn their lesson.

Also, be totally prepared for Gundabad to raise the level cap by another ten levels and totally throw-out all current gear progress just as the "mini-expansion" itself obviates the Minas Morgul gear. I wasn't a fan of gear item-level inflation at the time of the Wastes and Mordor, and I am certainly not a fan of it now either.

Will they ever learn their lesson, that you just have to let the -full expansion- define the item-levels of the gear and stick to it all the way through other updates, and that when you make a new zone, it will feel "bigger" to players if the landscape's larger, and smaller if its not, even if the actual quest content is more substantial???? That's basic psychology- and they failed that measure also.

SSG, please learn this lesson this time. Look to Far Anorien, Dwarf-holds, Strongholds of the North, and Gorgoroth as prime examples of how to make a zone seem "worth it," not "The Wastes." The Wastes = what ----not---- to do, and I'm afraid you've not only done it again but did it worse this time. Learn your lesson.
    Phantion no longer has a character named Phantion in-game. He transferred to Landroval.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantion View Post

SSG, please learn this lesson this time. Look to Far Anorien, Dwarf-holds, Strongholds of the North, and Gorgoroth as prime examples of how to make a zone seem "worth it,"... I'm afraid you've not only done it again but did it worse this time. Learn your lesson.

I hope they do listen.

But I suspect they won't. They've already decided. And it's going to get worse.

Thanks for trying anyway.

Thumbs down They are just stupid

Quote Originally Posted by ApacheBrave View Post
    Let's not forget the closed server debacle, it's been so long since I have had access to my characters that I made purchases on, it sounds like closed world server transfers are so far back on the list because they believe there is no money to be made from it. the belief that people will start new characters and pay their way back to their old form. It's gross, they offer you nothing but a copy and pasted apology and assurance that it will be done in the "near future". It's not just the customer service team, it's corporate. I wrote a letter months ago and no one has reached out to me. this game is becoming more and more money hungry, which hurts. as a 9 year player, I'm losing interest in this game model and nothing has been done to change it in the 4 months I have started playing again, as a matter of fact i'd say the game is worse off then it was when I took a break back in the turbine ownership days. smh
    I am totaly with you. Customer communication and support ist the worst i have seen so far. Just look at the negative feedback here and on facebook and no word from them...as i expected. But i dont think they are mean, they are just stupid. To prove that you just hae to have a look at the ingame store. Its simply not well managed and doesnt meet the need of customers. Check out the valar bundles with just one usefull version, that is do usefull, that it includes so many things that ist hard to get by without (weapon, Deeds, ...). The other packs have way less and not worth the points (compare valar lvl 105 to 120 at the same price???). Warsteed outfits at a price noone sane would by that and so on. Ingame mithril price doesnt meet the price in coins...(do they think we are stupid and cant calculate or are they?)

No Expansion pack for new players to bring them up to the state of game status. Instead you had the quests for free and now you have to buy every single old expansion..

This leaves only two possibillities...thery are stupid or they dont care, sorry to say because i love the artwork and the ambiente...gamemechanics is flawed for a long time and they focus on the raidrunners, which is a bad decision

I own 3 accounts 2 lifetime and 1 VIP and i spend a lot of money for ingame purchase. I bought only one standard edition of the recent "mini-exp" and i will limit the money i spent because SSG is getting unsypathic...

I hate to say it, but I can only assume that This Is It. This is confirmation that the game is going into something like maintenance mode, but a cynical and scammy version where they do release new content (Bless Made Of Lions.... it's impossible that they pay them what they're worth to this company), but it is less and less and they charge more and more.

SSG knows and accepts that the player base will keep shrinking. The stat bloat, pay-to-fix-bad-game-design, and loot boxes will continue to exploit the dedicated raiders and whales.

This is their business model.

When the exploited fans no longer pay enough to keep the servers online, the license fee up to date, and the handful of passionate devs (they'll be replaced with exploitable desperate talent when their passion finally gets pushed too far), then the game will shut down.

As long as I can keep playing this beautiful game without giving money to these terrible businesspeople, I will. I will be here for the world, the story, the community, and absolutely for my kinship, but I will keep the truth off SSG's terrible practices out in the open, even with "only a fool's hope" of them coming to their senses.

Oh, and I'll keep buying Powerball tickets, just in case ;-}

Logic and reason enhance arguments. Insults and excessive use of capitalization do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post

It's you trying to compare apples with oranges. It's not about size of location, it's about amount of content what can keep us busy and worth to be completed. Of course War of Three Peaks have less content when any other expansion set (except Mirkwood, they have ~same amount of content), but still WoTP have more content when any questpack. Perfectly fits between expansion sets and quest packs.

Quote Originally Posted by istvana View Post
    Logic and reason enhance arguments. Insults and excessive use of capitalization do not.

In America, we're used to this since it's an Election Year.

(clarification from Narthalion's Legal Staff) "This is an equal-opportunity sarcastic comment...directed at both Donkeys and Elephants.

In America, we're used to this since it's an Election Year.

(clarification from Narthalion's Legal Staff) "This is an equal-opportunity sarcastic comment...directed at both Donkeys and Elephants.

You do mean Ponies and Oliphaunts, don't you?

I am sorry. I could not resist!!!

I am not going to panic just yet because, we also must remember, Gorgoroth kind of blew The Wastes out of the park. So, there is a trend, from the past, where an underwhelming "filler" zone (that, in this case with Elderslade, was probably cynically used to keep quarterly earnings rolling due to their gambit of offering free stuff earlier this year) precedes a far better one, and whether that's likely or unlikely, no one truly knows.

---

So, I've said it before, and I'll say it again: SSG, the Gundabad Expansion is - your - last chance to turn this around. All of the stakes rest on Gundabad's size, content, and that it does not treat the player base "like chumps" as the OP said so eloquently. Either you make it as good as Gorgoroth was, not Minas Morgul but Gorgoroth (yes, that was far better than Minas Morgul and the current drek), or the S.S.G. Pequod of LOTRO will meet Moby Dick! The Pequod sank, by the way, and only Ishmael was left to tell the story. I am Starbuck and Mr. Stubbs telling you, Captain Ahab, to turn this ship around, or that whale is gonna sink it.

In another narrative, I am also the voice of reason shouting in the lone wilderness: "ICEBERG! ICEBERG! Change course, Titanic, change course!!!"

I expect a Gundabad interior as large as Moria and some new stuff around up and around the mountains connecting to Angmar at the very least. You need an expansion that wows the player base and amazes us with significant new amounts of landscape, content, and yes, goodies, that are worth the bang for their buck. This is your last chance to turn it around and suddenly get good, positive press from the MMO gaming community, new subscriptions, and yes, maybe even new players. If you don't pull that off, well, I've said all that I could with clear conscience: please use this last chance wisely (if you don't... well, that's all on you now).
    Last edited by Phantion; Oct 28 2020 at 08:52 PM.
    Phantion no longer has a character named Phantion in-game. He transferred to Landroval.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantion View Post
    So, I've said it before, and I'll say it again: SSG, the Gundabad Expansion is - your - last chance to turn this around... or the S.S.G. Pequod of LOTRO will meet Moby Dick! The Pequod sank, by the way, and only Ishmael was left to tell the story. I am Starbuck and Mr. Stubbs telling you, Captain Ahab, to turn this ship around, or that whale is gonna sink it.

"I know not all that may be coming, but be what it will, I'll go to it laughing." - Herman Melville, Moby Dick; The Whale

It's you trying to compare apples with oranges. It's not about size of location, it's about amount of content what can keep us busy and worth to be completed. Of course War of Three Peaks have less content when any other expansion set (except Mirkwood, they have ~same amount of content), but still WoTP have more content when any questpack. Perfectly fits between expansion sets and quest packs.
    Mirkwood has almost 200 quests. Nowhere near the same. Also an instance cluster containing 2 x 3 mans, a 6 man a multiboss raid and some of the best Skirmishes in the game. Also nowhere near the same. Mirkwood is much bigger by way of content.

Just one example of a quest pack containing more content (there are many to chose from) - Where Dragons Dwell.

I have no idea where you are getting your information from. Either you have only part run through Mirkwood and Where Dragons Dwell, or you're making stuff up.

Here you go, Enjoy

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cat...irkwood_Quests
    Last edited by Arnenna; Oct 28 2020 at 09:42 PM.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast