We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Purchasing new expansion

I'm continually getting the below error , saying your order could not be completed purchasing via credit card not sure why.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000000055c9/01003/signature.png]Gariyn[/charsig]

We’re sorry, your purchase cannot be completed. Possible reasons for this may be:

You have previously purchased the item.
    This purchase cannot be applied to your subscription(s).
    Offer is no longer available for purchase at this time.
    We are currently experiencing technical difficulties.
    We are currently performing maintenance.

Any ideas I've logged into my account and no new exp.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000000055c9/01003/signature.png]Gariyn[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Ullaroo View Post
    We’re sorry, your purchase cannot be completed. Possible reasons for this may be:

Any ideas I've logged into my account and no new exp.
    Getting the same error here. Do we know what's happening?

I would guess it's because of the issues the site is experiencing.
    I was able to order successfully.
    Did you check to see if maybe one of your attempts went through and maybe you actually do have it?

I wasn't aware that the expansion could be purchased through *The Store*.

Through LOTRO market, even tried logging into game got a port to new raid discovery and tried buying in game still getting same error.

Through LOTRO market, even tried logging into game got a port to new raid discovery and tried buying in game still getting same error.
    *The Store* and LOTRO Market are 2 different things. Thus my point -- this thread does not belong in the "LOTRO Store Feedback" forum.

There is already discussion of this in General Feedback, as you are aware.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherEel View Post
    I wasn't aware that the expansion could be purchased through *The Store*.
    Well... It will, in fact, show in the in-game store window if you are VIP and click on the Unlock button for the new "free" VIP reward Wenda Cranesbill is offering.

It's just acting as a browser window though, as it always does, and showing you the Market page.

I haven't tried actually buying it that way. Was just curious what clicking the Unlock button did.

SSG when are you going to fix this.
    Imediately after getting this error I made a report for customer services (yesterday) but still nothing happened, unfortunately still the same problem.
    I want to buy the expansion and play with my friends.
    Someone even closed another thread about the same problem, when it is not fixed.

It seem there is no solution for me to fix it myself. Nothing works.
    Even tried another browser.

I know, from friends, that I should recieve an email to confirm my purchase, but of course I didn't get that.

PURCHASE CANNOT BE COMPLETED

Red face Lag handling

I have the the same issue and the same error message.
    Maybe this is a way to control the number of players in the area. Letting us buy the expansion in groups gives less preasure in the new area :-)
    Please fix this ASAP

It would have been nice to have this for the weekend. And not in three months or something.

This is kind of ridiculous. The exact same nonsensical error message appeared when trying to purchase the new DDO expansion last week (see complaints in ddo forums here). It appears that SSG/Daybreak/whoever is handling their purchasing now has done absolutely nothing to make the purchase process more transparent and less error-filled.

Quote Originally Posted by Jegil View Post
    SSG when are you going to fix this.
    Imediately after getting this error I made a report for customer services (yesterday) but still nothing happened, unfortunately still the same problem.
    I want to buy the expansion and play with my friends.
    Someone even closed another thread about the same problem, when it is not fixed.

It seem there is no solution for me to fix it myself. Nothing works.
    Even tried another browser.

I know, from friends, that I should recieve an email to confirm my purchase, but of course I didn't get that.

PURCHASE CANNOT BE COMPLETED

I entered my info including credit card info and got a weird page and nothing .. whats going on please..
    ***I may not be perfect, but I am perfectly me. I also respect that you are not perfect, but are perfectly you. It is that part of you that I love. -- Bonnie Rebecca Strayer****

So NO response or email or something ? Seriously as someone who is a founder and moreover alpha and beta tested this game I am a bit upset.... shame..
    ***I may not be perfect, but I am perfectly me. I also respect that you are not perfect, but are perfectly you. It is that part of you that I love. -- Bonnie Rebecca Strayer****

Tried maybe 50 times with no luck. Get error message redirecting me to ask for help at Daybreak website where there is no mention of any Lotro anywhere on their page. OMNISHAMBLES of a company handling this atm. I imagine they have lost many exasperated loyal customers over this - me included. Maybe revisit in a year when someone competent is handling things. Good luck if you are still trying to support this moneygrabbing company but my patience is all spent.

can't even get passed initial form

I am unable to pay for the new expansion. As soon as I put my card details in (I have tried 4 cards) it says that they are not valid card numbers, CC number or valid name details.....Never had this issue before. So no expansion for me.
    Ardbeg, Dwarf Champion

bought tonight, no problem

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg-666 View Post
    I am unable to pay for the new expansion. As soon as I put my card details in (I have tried 4 cards) it says that they are not valid card numbers, CC number or valid name details.....Never had this issue before. So no expansion for me.

Same Error i try several cards who works for VIP an LP purchase
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
    I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
    All those moments...will be lost in time...like tears...in rain...Time to die.

Angry Why no code on purchase?

The inabiltiy for several of my friends to purchase the Three Peaks is more than annoying - you guys loose money - just in case you did not notice that.

Anyways on the Expansion packs before you could get a code you could redeem then in game - so you could have at least purchase it of have it purchased by a friend as a gift - thats not even possible.

Why for just this expansion does one have to log in and it be directly bound to the account ?!
    Anaírée of the The Blue Waves
    The Blue Waves are @ home on Belegaer and Laurelin

Quote Originally Posted by Anairee View Post
    The inabiltiy for several of my friends to purchase the Three Peaks is more than annoying - you guys loose money - just in case you did not notice that.

Anyways on the Expansion packs before you could get a code you could redeem then in game - so you could have at least purchase it of have it purchased by a friend as a gift - thats not even possible.

Why for just this expansion does one have to log in and it be directly bound to the account ?!
    It's not just this expansion, all new expansion (Gundabad as example) will have same mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Anairee View Post

This is really interesting, probably they are changing the code-system because the gold spammers. There has been sometimes a person trying to buy Mordor or Minas Morgul codes for gold in the world chat. But I guess that SSG gets the money anyway, so I don't understand completely their move. Maybe to have the cards/paypal of as much people as possible linked to them? hmmm... interesting.

I would have loved purchasing valar to a friend but since I can't send... so I guess this is the same, there will be people saying "I wanted to purchase expansion to a friend, but as I can't send...". Sure, there are workarounds, but we shouldn't have to do workarounds to give you money lmao.
    Anamura, Sunnarea, Silenius, Neuschwanstein, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Fingaladir, Meowear, Virgilio, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)
    Amilegeth, Wargarr, Shakarabash, Luklubuz, Grishlukashkahkh, Dashkanakh
    "One lag to lag them all and in the lagness lag them"

Quote Originally Posted by Fegefeuer View Post
    This is really interesting, probably they are changing the code-system because the gold spammers. There has been sometimes a person trying to buy Mordor or Minas Morgul codes for gold in the world chat. But I guess that SSG gets the money anyway, so I don't understand completely their move. Maybe to have the cards/paypal of as much people as possible linked to them? hmmm... interesting.

I would have loved purchasing valar to a friend but since I can't send... so I guess this is the same, there will be people saying "I wanted to purchase expansion to a friend, but as I can't send...". Sure, there are workarounds, but we shouldn't have to do workarounds to give you money lmao.
    Some games in last year moves from purchase code to directly purchase, looks like SSG follow it, or Daybreake how distribute new expansions in place of Digital River don't want (or can't) work with codes. Of course, with honest and legal trade you give player gold and he give you code for expansion set... but what if you don't give him gold, or he give you code what don't working? SSG don't want to look into that mess, such operations between players working on their own risk. Also, what if player hack account or card?

I'm continually getting the below error , saying your order could not be completed purchasing via credit card not sure why.
    I had an issue on one of my accounts when purchasing expansion. I went back to Credit Card page, and clicked edit credit card. Turns out I put in the slash for the expiration date (01/21). Since it automatically puts in the slash, it had the slash twice. I fixed it and it went through.

I realize that entering CC info wrong is likely not the only answer, but be sure to check it.

Also just occurred to me that the format may be different for different countries, so might want to check that, too.

Note: when I clicked on Edit Credit Card, the date input area was flagged red.