We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Unhappy Sweden have the same problem

Neen trying to buy the exopansion since friday.. on different computers, in-store and using the website. I get Puchase cannot be completed as soon as a choose wich one the expansions i want. Doesnt matter if its the one for 19,99 or the super-expansion. Still the same...

Quote Originally Posted by Irithrael View Post
    Neen trying to buy the exopansion since friday.. on different computers, in-store and using the website. I get Puchase cannot be completed as soon as a choose wich one the expansions i want. Doesnt matter if its the one for 19,99 or the super-expansion. Still the same...
    Good news is that it's not worth $20
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!
    Message moondog548 here, on Steam, Twitch, and Discord as moondog548#6830
    Moondog on Landroval, Isilroa on Anor, Reckless on Bombadil

Quote Originally Posted by Irithrael View Post
    It sounds like USA goverment have something against banking system in Sweden and Australia... hard to believe

Quote Originally Posted by aussieontheroad View Post
    While I was able to do all of these steps as described (although I couldn't add PayPal, only a credit card), I still get the same error when attempting to make the purchase
    Same here. Although I was able to edit my payment info, tried everything else as per the instructions above and still getting the same error message.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofar View Post
    I finally got it working by forcing it over on PayPal.

1. Select which expansion you want to purchase on the lotro.com website.
    2. Login
    3. Once you see the error message copy paste this link into your browser (right click link to copy paste it)
    3.1 - https://account.daybreakgames.com/au...w!input.action
    4. Make purchase with PayPal
    5. Enjoy the new expansion.

Use this at your own risk! It might not work for everyone.
    Thank you, man, it worked!

Remains entirely impossible for me, despite trying over a few days on multiple platforms.

At this point I think I'm going to give up. I could submit a ticket, but given the continued absence of any communication about this, and the wider marketing fiasco we've seen, I do not feel it is worth going to even more effort to... well, fight SSG for the right to give them money. They are the ones trying to sell something - it shouldn't be our responsibility to get everything to work, especially since the pricing model and marketing here is so questionable. SSG should be doing community relations right now, talking to people, calming them down, even just assuring us that they have fixes in the work, but there's nothing.

I find it both baffling and frankly unacceptable. I expect better.

I'm sorry, guys. I really like LOTRO, I do. I have had a lot of fun playing this game for almost a decade. I have time and effort and money invested in it. I actually still quite like the story: I loved the Wells of Langflood, and doing the next chapter of the epic quest was fun for me. The content that's there, I really like. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but whatever it is, I hope it gets resolved quickly.

But for now... [sigh]. I was very excited to go off with Durin, a character I was fond of, and explore Gundabad. I was looking forward to this zone and to the Gundabad expansion. But those expectations have been badly tainted by this affair.

Please, SSG, get your stuff in order.

Please? A few months ago I spent a week or two nagging friends to try LOTRO, saying this is the best time to do it, the zones are free, I've been enjoying this game for a long time, I'd love it if we could play it together. I did get at least one person to sign up and make a character. Then there were the server troubles and I had to try to explain that, and now there's this. So much for recruiting more players.

I'm not blaming any specific people. I know there is probably trouble behind-the-scenes that SSG cannot talk about it - I understand, total transparency is not possible. I also understand that lots of decisions are not made by the people who make LOTRO themselves, and that lots of problems aren't under their control. But they need to do something, because as things stand, this is not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Irandrura View Post
    Remains entirely impossible for me, despite trying over a few days on multiple platforms.

At this point I think I'm going to give up. I could submit a ticket, but given the continued absence of any communication about this, and the wider marketing fiasco we've seen, I do not feel it is worth going to even more effort to... well, fight SSG for the right to give them money. They are the ones trying to sell something - it shouldn't be our responsibility to get everything to work, especially since the pricing model and marketing here is so questionable. SSG should be doing community relations right now, talking to people, calming them down, even just assuring us that they have fixes in the work, but there's nothing.

I find it both baffling and frankly unacceptable. I expect better.

I'm sorry, guys. I really like LOTRO, I do. I have had a lot of fun playing this game for almost a decade. I have time and effort and money invested in it. I actually still quite like the story: I loved the Wells of Langflood, and doing the next chapter of the epic quest was fun for me. The content that's there, I really like. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but whatever it is, I hope it gets resolved quickly.

But for now... [sigh]. I was very excited to go off with Durin, a character I was fond of, and explore Gundabad. I was looking forward to this zone and to the Gundabad expansion. But those expectations have been badly tainted by this affair.

Please? A few months ago I spent a week or two nagging friends to try LOTRO, saying this is the best time to do it, the zones are free, I've been enjoying this game for a long time, I'd love it if we could play it together. I did get at least one person to sign up and make a character. Then there were the server troubles and I had to try to explain that, and now there's this. So much for recruiting more players.

I'm not blaming any specific people. I know there is probably trouble behind-the-scenes that SSG cannot talk about it - I understand, total transparency is not possible. I also understand that lots of decisions are not made by the people who make LOTRO themselves, and that lots of problems aren't under their control. But they need to do something, because as things stand, this is not acceptable.
    This sums up my feelings perfectly. I don't mind not being able to buy the new expansion as much as I am frustrated by the complete silence surrounding it. Cord's one response in this thread has been shifting blame elsewhere and basically leaving us to fend for ourselves when it's them trying to sell us something.

For all of WoW, Neverwinter, FFXIV, GW2 et al's failings, I've never been forced to ask them nicely to let me give them my money.

I'm not keen on buying this mini-expansion ####, which is according to what I read on forums a standard quest pack that SSG asks money for.

This content should be free and not monetized.
    Was Langfold the last free quest pack we're ever going to get ?
    Is the future of Lotro made of mini-expansions (quest-packs in disguise) that we'll have to pay for ?

I'm not happy but still I finally decided to buy the damn thing and as so many others, 'my purchase cannot be completed' ... this is astounding !
    Almost a week, and no feedback to your 'customers' ? Stop your amateurism SSG, it's getting ridiculous frankly.

Enjoying World of Warcraft in the meanwhile

Quote Originally Posted by Irandrura View Post

Yup. Irandura sums it up for me too. Still can't buy it. Have tried several different options. Filed TWO tickets last week about this and zero response. They don't care.
    I'm just one player. I'm sure I don't matter to them. But I'm going.

Quote Originally Posted by FaeForSin View Post
    I'm not keen on buying this mini-expansion ####, which is according to what I read on forums a standard quest pack that SSG asks money for.

This content should be free and not monetized.
    Was Langfold the last free quest pack we're ever going to get ?
    Is the future of Lotro made of mini-expansions (quest-packs in disguise) that we'll have to pay for ?

I'm not happy but still I finally decided to buy the damn thing and as so many others, 'my purchase cannot be completed' ... this is astounding !
    Almost a week, and no feedback to your 'customers' ? Stop your amateurism SSG, it's getting ridiculous frankly.

working

as

intended.

I hope you guys get this issue fixed soon, im itching to get back into the game!

I did log in on my game account and I still get the same error message. And since so many people are experiencing this, it tells me that this is on SSG's end. So I'd rather they fix it than having to follow some obscure method to resolve this. I mean, they've released expansions since the game's launch, what went wrong this time?
    "I should call that a heavy loss, if it was not a wonder rather that in his great age he could still wield his axe as mightily as they say he did, standing over the body of King Brand before the gate of Erebor, until the darkness fell."
    http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

It's the same for me.
    Brethwyn_EU, Sangina and so on on the first page in this thread describes it well.
    Many other on other pages.
    Me, EU, Mastercard, 32/64 client, reinstalled, nothing changes it.
    I can't see that the bug can be inside the game itself.
    Maybe SSG using 3rd party products that they have no control of?
    Products not enough tested.
    I tried like the first 3 days then on saturday afternoon I reported.
    Heard nothing from SSG since then besides the automated formal reply.
    I know that friends with my exact same problems received a reply in a day.
    Friends replied with card data to SSG that charged the card manually and all fine within 2 days of reporting.
    So, my voice is heard. No s**t thrown on anyone.
    Creep: Eruznakh RK8 Defiler
    Freep: Espereth L58 Lore-master
    and others...

Same problem here... Today I'm waiting 1 week to spend some money, but they really don't want it.

The hint with the links didn't work for me: CC method tells me, that I have this card already in the "file" (???) and should select it as payment method in the payment options (wehre to find? lol, we do not have an profile for that!).

It looks like SSG or the new SSG payment provider (Daybreak?) is not able to handle secured creditcards. My CC needs to be autorized with an app every time I want to use it, a request by SSG/Daybreak was never made.

I am really frustrated! No response at all, no customer care, just nothing... Worst gamestudio ever!
    Last edited by Eichhof; Oct 27 2020 at 11:42 AM.
    Eichhof from [DE]Vanyar
    and many more chars :)

Same issue for me. Australian, lifetime account, paying with credit card. Getting the 'purchase cannot be completed' error. No response to a ticket so far and I'm finding the lack of response very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Mund View Post
    Same issue for me. Australian, lifetime account, paying with credit card. Getting the 'purchase cannot be completed' error. No response to a ticket so far and I'm finding the lack of response very strange.
    I blame lack of professionalism, pure and simple

One week since this, ahem, "expansion", released, and going by the forums, in-game, and the responses on every one of LOTRO's social media posts, a very large number of players still cannot purchase it. One week, and no response except for "it's the US commerce department's fault, not ours". Funny how neither I nor any other non-US based person I know has ever had a problem purchasing virtual goods from US-based companies like this. Funny how the "old" LOTRO market still works completely fine for international players.

It's honestly truly breathtaking how SSG manages to screw up even its favourite activity, taking money from people. For God's sakes, at least admit it's your fault. Would it be so difficult to just say "sorry, our bad", for once? Do you actually want to lose all this money??

Quote Originally Posted by Dahoss65 View Post
    Yep, I bought two full expansions(Riders of Rohan and Helm's deep) thru their website on the morning of October 20th. I paid using Paypal. I got emails right away, one from StandingStoneGames (Order Submitted) and one from Paypay (Receipt of Payment). Eighteen hours later I got an email from Standing Stones...

'Thank you very much for ordering from Standing Stone Games.

Please find below your order reference number. For future contact to our customer service please provide this order reference number.

Your Standing Stone Games [ssg] order reference number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PAYMENT INFORMATION

You will receive detailed information on the delivery in a separate e-mail that was sent at the same time as this e-mail.'

I never got this second email. So I have paid and they have collected, but I have no redeem codes. I have emailed them three times at support@standingstonegames.com with zero response.
    Edit: All my emails came back from the Postmaster marked 'Undeliverable'. - Posted on 10/23/2020

Okay, so here we are seven days out. SSG has collected my money thru Paypal, but have failed to deliver the product. I emailed them numerous times with no response back from the first occasion. Then three more emails were returned 'Undeliverable; by the Postmaster. It appeared that support@standingstonegames.com was a dead source.

So I opened an in game ticket and the reply was that they couldn't do anything for me in game even though I provided them with my order reference numbers. Instead, they game me a link to help.standingstonegames.com/hc/en-us to open up a ticket there. That was on the morning of October 25th and still no reply. Zilch! zero! Nada!

Quote Originally Posted by Belnavar View Post
    If you're having issues logging in to the store purchase page, and you use special characters/accents in your password, you might consider temporarilly adjusting your password to something "simpler" to log in there, complete purchase, and then revert back to your previous, more complex password. This seemed to work for some players.

For those stuck on the "Purchase cannot be completed" page, the PayPal bypass link appears to work for many. Make sure you select the edition you want first.

PayPal bypass link: https://account.daybreakgames.com/au...w!input.action

For those unable to complete the purchase via PayPal, this bypass link might work:

Payment Card bypass link: https://account.daybreakgames.com/au...d!input.action

(Make sure to right-click and "Copy link location/address" to get the full link, as the forum compresses it.)

-Bel
    Today I got my BRAND NEW creditcard which was neverever used before. Nice! Give the payment process another chance.
    Used the link for a new paymentmethod (for CC) as written above and want to go ahead, then the well known message appears:

What? How can they already the information from this brand new card which is never been used anwhere?!
    What the heck is going on SSG/Daybreak?! Get some new developers!!

The message with this newly "stored" cc-informations still resume the same:

The only way for me will be Paypal... Which I will test later and I don't know what to do, if this also not work.
    I already wait 7 days (!!) after replied the customer service (lol, they need a new name, service is something other...) with the requested informations for manual billing.

Any update from you guys?
    Last edited by Eichhof; Oct 27 2020 at 12:23 PM.
    Eichhof from [DE]Vanyar

https://www.lotro.com/en/content/upd...-release-notes

nothing on payment problem for the 'mini-expansion'

SSG, you people are a joke !

Not responding to a problem doesn't make it disapear, you could at least tell those affected if you're looking into it, or that we have to focus our attention on something else !

Your attitude is disgraceful once again.

These purchase issues can be caused by numerous different things, so our Account Support team is ready to help you complete your purchase. You'll need to make sure to send in an email ticket through our Account Support help site at: https://help.standingstonegames.com/...s/requests/new If you feel like providing your ticket number when reporting these issues to us on the forums it can help us track down your particular circumstances and better understand what is going on. Thanks!
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

146403 and 148133
    Eichhof from [DE]Vanyar

148097 here

godspeed to all ...

I finally got a reply to my ticket from Friday today, but it wasn't especially helpful, as they seem to have misunderstood the issue. Or, more accurately, it was as if they hadn't read my ticket as all - because half of the things they suggest I try, I specifically say I had already tried. Deadset.

Rather than addressing the error message I described, they simply told me to update my payment methods and try to make the purchase again.

For all the good it will do me, my ticket number is #147056

I'm on the list too. Same problems as the others, ticket number 146755, no reply and no way to play since 21. October.

I just hope you rethink the way you provide (or rather block us from) this kind of game updates for the future.

Very disappointed.
    Mirthan, Belegaer, formerly Anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    These purchase issues can be caused by numerous different things, so our Account Support team is ready to help you complete your purchase. You'll need to make sure to send in an email ticket through our Account Support help site at: https://help.standingstonegames.com/...s/requests/new If you feel like providing your ticket number when reporting these issues to us on the forums it can help us track down your particular circumstances and better understand what is going on. Thanks!

I submitted a ticket there over two days ago. There has been zero reply back.
    Id Subject Created Last activity Status
    147816 Purchased expansions 2 days ago 2 days ago Open

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast