We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Purchase cannot be completed

Anyone else getting this?

"We’re sorry, your purchase cannot be completed. Possible reasons for this may be:

You have previously purchased the item.
    This purchase cannot be applied to your subscription(s).
    Offer is no longer available for purchase at this time.
    We are currently experiencing technical difficulties.
    We are currently performing maintenance."
    Brethwyn Bearsbane of House Breddinga [100-Guardian]
    Hygweard of Rohan, High Protector of Bree-Land and Lord of Emyn Uial
    Children of the Sun - Gilrain

I have the same problem. Has anyone managed to buy the expansion?

I'm in the EU, tried both the US and the UK version and nothing works.

I am also in the EU. As soon as I log in, on whatever PC, I get the message "Purchase cannot be completed". They seem to have saved my card info on account and I can't change it, like try a new card or change currency.

Same problem, I guess waiting until they accept LP payment is how it's going to be, then.

Did not think this needed to be explained but obviously...
    Lotro can be a bit finicky when it comes to payment. If VISA does not work, maybe Mastercard or Paypal will. Tried with my Mastercard and it just locked up. Now this message comes up as soon as I enter the Lotro Market. So there is no chance of trying something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangina View Post
    Did not think this needed to be explained but obviously...
    Lotro can be a bit finicky when it comes to payment. If VISA does not work, maybe Mastercard or Paypal will. Tried with my Mastercard and it just locked up. Now this message comes up as soon as I enter the Lotro Market. So there is no chance of trying something else.
    Yes, same, can't do anything.

I cant complete either

I cant complete either, with the same CC I use for VIP. Maybe a US credit card is needed? I would change payment method to paypal, but theres no way to change it once you enter your CC details.

Used the same VISA card as I've used before, to buy that last Mordor expansion. Still got locked out. No doubt because it is an old EU account. Have money to spend. Not allowed to use them!

A pre-order would have exposed this earlier than patch day. Maybe it only works on the $99 one? For a few days...

Does anyone else who have problems purchasing the expansion have multiple subscriptions on one login aswell? If so that might be the cause of the problem.

https://i.imgur.com/VjaJFOY.png

Store page just refresh it self, no matter what language i select.

And game launcher doesn't launch the game, awsome update

Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    A pre-order would have exposed this earlier than patch day. Maybe it only works on the $99 one? For a few days...
    Sadly not even that one works, in this context.

*throws money at the screen to no avail*

Luckily I haven't yet tried to buy any of the "mini-expansion" bundles.
    Now that I'm apparently stuck using the 32-bit client (why does the 64-bit option still say "beta"?), I won't try for a while.

Sounds like normal front-office issues for SSG. They want more money, people like me would like to give them more money, but they seem to have a problem with figuring out how to take it.

Many people also report problems purchasing the upcoming Dungeons & Dragons Online expansion set in the Feywild.

In the DDO forums, various players report that the expansion purchase goes through a DayBreak Games website. If I understand correctly, during the purchase process, a players's DDO password gets passed to the DayBreak Games website. If the DDO password contains certain special characters, the DayBreak Games website cannot process the password properly and the entire process fails. Some players report that removing 'special characters' from the DDO password makes it possible to purchase the Feywold expansion.

Please note, I have not purchased the Feywild expansion and cannot confirm any of this. I have no clue if or what 'special characters' cause the problem. I do not even know if DDO and LOTRO use the same expansion purchase procedure. At least one player reported that changing her password did not resolve the problem. I offer the information above in hopes some knowledgeable or adventurous soul can use it to figure out the real solution to the problem.

Edit: I am not suggesting here that a normal user should alter her password to make an expansion purchase. That strikes me as potentially dangerous. However, I know many very skilled programmers play LOTRO so perhaps one of them can use the above nugget of information to find a solution.
    Sophie the Enchantress - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    I wish all of you many successful and happy adventures. My own travels now take me to other lands. Fare well, brave Ladies and Lords of Middle Earth!

Quote Originally Posted by SophieTheEnchantress View Post
    Many people also report problems purchasing the upcoming Dungeons & Dragons Online expansion set in the Feywild.

In the DDO forums, various players report that the expansion purchase goes through a DayBreak Games website. If I understand correctly, during the purchase process, a players's DDO password gets passed to the DayBreak Games website. If the DDO password contains certain special characters, the DayBreak Games website cannot process the password properly and the entire process fails. Some players report that removing 'special characters' from the DDO password makes it possible to purchase the Feywold expansion.

Please note, I have not purchased the Feywild expansion and cannot confirm any of this. I have no clue if or what 'special characters' cause the problem. I do not even know if DDO and LOTRO use the same expansion purchase procedure. At least one player reported that changing her password did not resolve the problem. I offer the information above in hopes some knowledgeable or adventurous soul can use it to figure out the real solution to the problem.

Edit: I am not suggesting here that a normal user should alter her password to make an expansion purchase. That strikes me as potentially dangerous. However, I know many very skilled programmers play LOTRO so perhaps one of them can use the above nugget of information to find a solution.
    Nothing funny outside of letters and numbers going on with any password or user name here.

But on that thought, there are some funny letters on the payment card itself, now that you mention it. And might actually have forgotten to avoid using them.

I'll add that to the bug report. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Secantur View Post
    Nothing funny outside of letters and numbers going on with any password or user name here.

But on that thought, there are some funny letters on the payment card itself, now that you mention it. And might actually have forgotten to avoid using them.

I'll add that to the bug report. Thanks.
    I was able to purchase the expansion on my account. The first attempt, it told me I had couldn't enter my card because it was already on file. I closed it, and went into it again (I'd gotten the link from the VIP vendor at the Boar Fountain). The second time I saw there was an option of using my existing card. Once I selected that, it asked me for the security code on the card again. Then I was able to buy it.
    Casual R Us - Garatha

Quote Originally Posted by Garatha View Post
    I was able to purchase the expansion on my account. The first attempt, it told me I had couldn't enter my card because it was already on file. I closed it, and went into it again (I'd gotten the link from the VIP vendor at the Boar Fountain). The second time I saw there was an option of using my existing card. Once I selected that, it asked me for the security code on the card again. Then I was able to buy it.
    Thank you very much for the input & help! There is some kind of a lockout screen, when you enter some information apparently.

But with these clues, and pieces of information, it is quite possible to figure out what *not to do*, next time.

I finally got it working by forcing it over on PayPal.

1. Select which expansion you want to purchase on the lotro.com website.
    2. Login
    3. Once you see the error message copy paste this link into your browser (right click link to copy paste it)
    3.1 - https://account.daybreakgames.com/au...w!input.action
    4. Make purchase with PayPal
    5. Enjoy the new expansion.

Use this at your own risk! It might not work for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofar View Post
    I finally got it working by forcing it over on PayPal.

1. Select which expansion you want to purchase on the lotro.com website.
    2. Login
    3. Once you see the error message copy paste this link into your browser (right click link to copy paste it)
    3.1 - https://account.daybreakgames.com/au...w!input.action
    4. Make purchase with PayPal
    5. Enjoy the new expansion.

Use this at your own risk! It might not work for everyone.
    It looks to work! However, forgot to update my Paypal info, so it tries to call to a landline that was abandoned years ago. in order to receive a code, and if that's the case, you get stuck in a loop, you can't get out of. Not even when switching browsers.

You need to edit your info, and insert a newer phone number. but that one is hidden behind that old land line phone call too. So basically you need an actual working phone attached to the account, prior to attempting to use Paypal at all! LOL

Now I have two loops going! For the glory of Ouroboros!

Tried all these fixes to no avail

I tried all the fixes in this thread, but still no completed purchase. The second time i tried from the VIP vendor crashed the client. Anyone got any other fixes?

I live in Australia and am also getting;

"We’re sorry, your purchase cannot be completed. Possible reasons for this may be:

We are currently performing maintenance."

What Bollocks!
    Last edited by Sucamarto; Oct 20 2020 at 09:35 PM.
    Sucamarto - Level 115 Archer (Landroval)

Yup Same

PURCHASE CANNOT BE COMPLETED
    We’re sorry, your purchase cannot be completed. Possible reasons for this may be:

We are currently performing maintenance.

you go back to try to purchase again and the same thing happens and cant get to payment screen

Was underwhelmed even before I tried to purchase the Ultimate bundle. Now, after being unable to purchase, I'm disappointed... but maybe the universe is steering me in a better direction.

Yep, I have the same issue, albeit from Australia and with Visa.

Maybe it's undergoing maintenance?

FYI In Game Help was useless, they directed my to account support as per below.

"Greetings, In order to provide the best resolution to your issue, you will need to contact our Account/Store Support Team. That team is better equipped to handle your inquiry, as the In-game Support Team does not have access to the necessary information to assist you further. To contact Account/Store Support, please visit https://help.standingstonegames.com/...form_id=437947

3-4 hours and 0 reply, nice.

Last edited by Sucamarto; Oct 21 2020 at 12:00 AM.
    Sucamarto - Level 115 Archer (Landroval)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast