We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Mordor expansion

I was hoping I might learn the answer to this organically before it went on sale but no such luck so I guess I better ask.

With the early expansions you could break down what was "in them" and compare whether you were personally better buying them for $, as a whole for LP, or just the pieces you wanted for possibly fewer LP.
    For example, Moria was made up of the Moria Quest Pack + 2 slots + RK + Warden + Skirm 15.

But it seems the Mordor expansion is structured differently, or at least, I can't find what you get within it broken down in a way I can do the same comparison.

I used the quest pack code when it was available in summer. The store doesn't show any quest packs for me to buy separately. Does that mean I will already be able to access the Mordor quests and deeds? Or do they only come with expansion purchase?

I understand that High Elf is a separate LP purchase unless I pay $ for an upgraded market copy (right)?

I see the Allegiance system described as a selling point, is that something that only unlocks with expansion purchase, or do I already have that too, or if not do I need it?

Any help will be appreciated. Just don't want to blow most of my LP on it to find I didn't really need any of it, but at the same time don't want to miss the sale if I will need it.

You'll have to buy it in order to access the quests and deeds.

It's currently only available as an expansion. There is no quest pack (quests only) version to compare to so there's nothing to break down for individual pricing.

The Allegiance system was not continued after Mordor so the rewards from it are out of date for later content. I don't believe anyone bothers much with the instances any more either, but I don't pay much attention to those.

And yes, High Elf is a separate purchase.

That's about it.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

The quest pack code did not include any option for Mordor: https://www.lotro.com/en/friendsforever. Even the other expansions weren't technically included with the code (although they were at an extreme discount).

Mordor and Minas Morgul were simply 2495 lotro points for each expansion, or 1871 for Mordor right now with the 25% sale. It was never broken down into smaller packs. In fact, people were kind of vocal about how everyone had to buy Skirmish Trait Max Rank: 45 to 50 separately from the expansion.

I've heard "it is a bad deal since it doesn't include Aria" which is kind of true if you had $40 to spend for Mordor and the Aria: https://store.standingstonegames.com...e=lotro-mordor. The High Elf was originally only offered through the higher packages, but was later added to the store for 1000 lotro points.

The Allegiance system is kind of unique. Every character gains access to them at level 110 if you own the expansion (if you did the last quest in the Epic in Wastes). You needed to complete all the quests in Mordor to do the dailies, in order to earn tokens that would contribute to any of the 4 different factions you choose. The only other way to gain tokens was to collect all the pages on the ground for the Lost Lore book quests. There are 7 chapters with interesting stories dealing with each faction. Not only that, but you earn the ports with 5 minute cooldowns with access to Vault, Auction House, Relic Vendors, Suppliers, and Mordor Vendors. The ones that port you to Erebor or Minas Tirith (After Battle) can be quite useful (but you can still use the stable master outside otherwise). The only thing you get gear-wise is a choice of 4 bind on account cloaks (and the same rewards are offered for each faction).

One other notation: The Black Book of Mordor "Epic" is not free. You must buy either Mordor or Minas Morgul expansions to gain access to it.

Cheers guys. Will probably grab it at the sale price then and wait for High Elf to go on sale too one day.

The Mordor expansion comes in 4 versions.

Version 1: This version costs 2495 LOTRO Points from the in Game Shop. It includes quests, deeds, dungeons, and the Allegiance system.

Version 2: This version costs $40 US from the LOTRO Market. It includes quests, deeds, dungeons, and an Aria of the Valar.

Version 3: This version costs $80 from the LOTRO Market. It includes even more special items.

Version 4: This version costs $130 from the LOTRO Market. It includes the most special items.

Visit the Mordor Expansion page in the LOTRO wiki to compare the latter three versions.

Occasional sale occur in the Game Shop and the LOTRO Market, rarely at the same time. The next big sale will occur over the US Thanksgiving holiday (a.k.a., Black Friday) about a month from now.
    Sophie the Enchantress - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Thrugghelm View Post
    I was hoping I might learn the answer to this organically before it went on sale but no such luck so I guess I better ask.

With the early expansions you could break down what was "in them" and compare whether you were personally better buying them for $, as a whole for LP, or just the pieces you wanted for possibly fewer LP.
    For example, Moria was made up of the Moria Quest Pack + 2 slots + RK + Warden + Skirm 15.

But it seems the Mordor expansion is structured differently, or at least, I can't find what you get within it broken down in a way I can do the same comparison.

I used the quest pack code when it was available in summer. The store doesn't show any quest packs for me to buy separately. Does that mean I will already be able to access the Mordor quests and deeds? Or do they only come with expansion purchase?

I understand that High Elf is a separate LP purchase unless I pay $ for an upgraded market copy (right)?

I see the Allegiance system described as a selling point, is that something that only unlocks with expansion purchase, or do I already have that too, or if not do I need it?

Any help will be appreciated. Just don't want to blow most of my LP on it to find I didn't really need any of it, but at the same time don't want to miss the sale if I will need it.
    It's terrible. The only reason to buy it is if you don't have a kin mate who can make the armor with Light in it. If you do, wait until 116 and use that armor to run through the Epic. If you don't, the basic store pack opens the quests that give you rewards with Light so you can get the epic done.

Quote Originally Posted by Froyo_K_Baggins View Post
    It's terrible. The only reason to buy it is if you don't have a kin mate who can make the armor with Light in it. If you do, wait until 116 and use that armor to run through the Epic. If you don't, the basic store pack opens the quests that give you rewards with Light so you can get the epic done.
    Though to do the Epic quests you need to have bought either Mordor or Minas Morgul. The Black Book of Mordor Epic is not free for all.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.